Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 64962 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Epic Tortorella rant
« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2020, 01:43:36 PM »
Leave it to douchebag Perry to get booted with a major penalty less than 3 minutes into the game.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #386 on: January 02, 2020, 04:41:59 AM »
Leave it to douchebag Perry to get booted with a major penalty less than 3 minutes into the game.

Yeah, that was brutal, and completely the right call by the refs.  I'm sure DPS will have a hearing.  I predict 2 games.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »
Well, I under-predicted that one.... 5 games for Perry.  Can't say I'm overly bothered by it - I think 2-4 games is the right number, but he's already got two suspensions under his belt, and it was clearly an intentional movement to elbow Ellis somehow/somewhere - Perry clearly has his elbow against his body 2-3 feet before hitting Ellis, and raises it on his own to make the hit.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2020, 05:44:18 PM »
My votes for Last Man In

Bergeron
Terruvainan (sp?)
Laine
Paccioretty
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »
So I'm a big +/- guy. Looking at the Last Man In ballots, I cannot believe the +/- numbers for some of these guys...

Larkin -15
Stamkos -5
Hischier -7
Toews -8
Suter -7
Nugent-Hopkins -7
Doughty -10
Gaudreau -10
Hertl -fucking - 20??

WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2020, 08:23:12 AM »
Well, -15 for Larkin is pretty good for a team that is -73!!!

Anyone watch the Jr. finals yesterday?  What a fantastically entertaining game.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »
Oilers are right on track for blowing another game

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2020, 07:24:42 PM »
Morgan O'Reilly was just embarrassed by McDavid  :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »
I literally just called my son out of his bedroom for that play. McDavid is a special player, and I try and watch as many Oilers games as possible. I love that kid.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2020, 08:48:52 PM »
Matt Duchene just can't catch a break when picking a new team. Laviolette fired after 5.5 years. He was a good coach, Nashville just isn't as good as they used to be
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2020, 09:01:32 PM »
Matt Duchene just can't catch a break when picking a new team. Laviolette fired after 5.5 years. He was a good coach, Nashville just isn't as good as they used to be

And it's a beautiful thing.

The Predators are mediocre and just fired their coach, while the Blues still have the Cup and the most points in the West.  Good times. :coolio :hat

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2020, 05:31:08 AM »
Morgan O'Reilly was just embarrassed by McDavid  :D

Yeah, that was a ridiculous move.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »
Well, a busy weekend for the Devils to say the least. Beat the Caps and the Lightning on back to back nights (while playing their backup goaltender both nights), and fired their GM in between games.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
Well, a busy weekend for the Devils to say the least. Beat the Caps and the Lightning on back to back nights (while playing their backup goaltender both nights), and fired their GM in between games.

Here comes Brodeur.  He’s been being groomed for that job for a few years now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2020, 06:16:06 AM »
Jersey's been on a bit of run since trading Hall.  Not that it'll get them to the playoffs - I think that would be a little out of reach.  Leafs mailed it in last night - boy did they look horrible.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »
It's frustrating how little was said about Shero's firing, because absent specifics it seems like really random/dumb timing. Why let a guy orchestrate the trading of your franchise superstar and the firing of the head coach, only to give him the boot a month later. That's not to say that there aren't good reasons to fire him now (disagreement about who/how to sell at the trade deadline, disagreement about the head coaching search), but when all you offer is general platitudes about the team not getting it done and not winning enough, it just makes the timing seem off.

It has been nice to see the team rebound some. It took them a few games to find their footing under Alain Nasreddine, but in the 14 games since their 0-4-1 start under him they've gone 8-4-2 (good for a 105 point pace) including wins over some good teams (Boston, the Islanders, Washington, Tampa Bay).
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2020, 02:30:45 PM »
Those are 4 of the Top 6 teams in the league!

Offline romdrums

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2020, 08:03:01 AM »
I'm not expecting the Blues to repeat as Champions.....I'll argue with anyone who wants to that the winning the Stanley Cup is the single hardest Championship to win out of any professional sport. But man....they are just in a zone. (9) wins in a row at home and tied with the Caps for most points in the league. Watching them night in and night out it's just tough for me to see a team out there right now that can beat them in a 7 game series.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to winning the Cup which is why I'm not expecting the repeat....but had they not won it last year I'd be all in on this team to win it this year. Anyway....it's been an incredibly fun 12 months to be a Blues fan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2020, 08:22:25 AM »
I'm not expecting the Blues to repeat as Champions.....I'll argue with anyone who wants to that the winning the Stanley Cup is the single hardest Championship to win out of any professional sport. But man....they are just in a zone. (9) wins in a row at home and tied with the Caps for most points in the league. Watching them night in and night out it's just tough for me to see a team out there right now that can beat them in a 7 game series.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to winning the Cup which is why I'm not expecting the repeat....but had they not won it last year I'd be all in on this team to win it this year. Anyway....it's been an incredibly fun 12 months to be a Blues fan

Man, you aren't kidding.  They have their hiccups here and there, but just keep rolling and winning and winning and winning.  I almost expect them to win every game.  And while I agree that it's hard to see them losing a 7-game series to anyone right now, anything can happen.  Hell, we've seen great teams get swept in the playoffs (last year's Lightning, '95 Red Wings), so I will go into the playoffs with the usual mindset: hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2020, 12:45:05 PM »
I really don't understand the Vegas decision today. First year, Stanley Cup Finals, next year second round, and now a four game losing streak and they fire Gallant and replace him with... DeBoer?? Who was fired for his team underperforming. It literally makes no sense, I feel like something else happened...

I gotta laugh though. Mark Stone is in Ottawa today, first game back since the trade last year. He said in his interview today that he loved Ottawa, he just didn't want to be part of a rebuild. Now his coach just got fired and Vegas' window is closing in the next two years or so. I feel like Ottawa is going to have a better next 10 years than Las Vegas. Anyways, that may just be me being bitter, I really liked Stone and miss him the most.

Also, fun fact: Every player that was traded last year from Ottawa, because they didn't want to be part of a rebuild, has joined a team where the coach was fired this year (with the exception of Ryan Dzingel and Carolina).
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »
Yeah, that got a what the fuck out of me when I saw it.  And last year's playoff loss was a Game 7 OT.  Plus, they're currently only 3 points out of the Pacific lead?!?!?!  Weird.  Something else must be afoot.  Interesting 'fun-fact' you mention.  Hadn't realized that.

New Jersey came crashing back to reality last night - just glad it was against the Leafs.  Other than a 8-9 minute stretch in the 3rd when the Leafs gave them a breath of life, that was a very one-sided game.  Hard to believe it's Matthews 1st hattie since the very first game of his career.   :omg:

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »

As a Red Wings fan, I'm trying to wipe the dust and cobwebs from my memory banks to remember that type of joy, along with the regular season excitement.  Enjoy the ride while you can! 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »

As a Red Wings fan, I'm trying to wipe the dust and cobwebs from my memory banks to remember that type of joy, along with the regular season excitement.  Enjoy the ride while you can!

It’s certainly exciting being on the ‘fun’ side for a bit. I’m fully aware of how fleeting success in the NHL can be. I’ll enjoy it while I can.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #409 on: January 15, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »
Get ready for the Gallant to Detroit rumors to begin if they haven't already. 

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: January 15, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »

That was the first thing I saw in my FB feed after I heard of his firing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #411 on: January 15, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »

It’s certainly exciting being on the ‘fun’ side for a bit. I’m fully aware of how fleeting success in the NHL can be. I’ll enjoy it while I can.

Same here, although I don't know if I can take another 2-month playoff run. Last year about killed me :lol, and I will fully admit to being a stressed out crabby ass in last year's hockey thread on more than one occasion.  Damn sports... :lol :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2020, 03:34:17 PM »
I don't understand why Blashill hasn't been fired yet. Isn't this like year 3 of the rebuild? Maybe they don't want to get better this season and the goal is to get #1 in the draft
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2020, 03:57:21 PM »
I will fully admit to being a stressed out crabby ass in last year's hockey thread on more than one occasion. 

And I can fully admit to being able to verify that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #414 on: January 15, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »
I will fully admit to being a stressed out crabby ass in last year's hockey thread on more than one occasion. 

There was another. lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: January 15, 2020, 07:51:59 PM »

There was another. lol

Can’t seem to remember who that was? Hmmm.....

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: January 15, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »

You don't say!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »
This thread is full of comedians! :P

Blues lose in OT to the Flyers, but helluva comeback in the 3rd to tie it up and get it to OT.  They were bound to lose a home game eventually.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:04 AM »
I don't understand why Blashill hasn't been fired yet. Isn't this like year 3 of the rebuild? Maybe they don't want to get better this season and the goal is to get #1 in the draft

I also can't believe he's still the coach.

I really don't understand the Vegas decision today. First year, Stanley Cup Finals, next year second round, and now a four game losing streak and they fire Gallant and replace him with... DeBoer?? Who was fired for his team underperforming. It literally makes no sense, I feel like something else happened...

It doesn't make sense. And as you say...DeBoer?? He sucks.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »
Yzerman has preached patience, and so far, I trust the Yzerplan.  I'm sure Yzerman has reached out to Gallant to gauge his interest and will make the move when needed.  I'm not a Blashill fan, but given the amount of talent this team has lost since he arrived, I'm not surprised they are in the spot they are in at this time.  Since Blashill came aboard, the team has lost Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall, Nyquist, Tatar, while at the same time giving ridiculous deals to guys like Abdelkader, Helm, Ericsson, Frans Nielsen and Mike Green.  Fortunately, the Ericsson and Green deals come off the books after this season, but man, Holland basically threw a boat anchor at Yzerman when he jumped ship for Edmonton.  I'm glad Yzerman doesn't have the loyalty to those guys like Holland did, because that loyalty has handcuffed this team since Lidstrom retired.