General > General Discussion

Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.

<< < (250/250)

TAC:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on October 12, 2020, 07:17:19 PM ---
I love Petro and all but he’s always been on the outside looking in as far as being ‘elite’. He threw a great Cup run together where he played like a man on a mission but for most of his career he’s just been really good......not next tier.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this. I never really thought all that much of him, but he was a beast for that Cup run.

I think you're gonna like Torey Krug. He's great on the powerplay and has a wicked shot for a little guy.

I generally don't get on teams if they decide not to pay a guy, but I'm actually gonna miss him. But he's in that middle ground between a Bruins team basically made up of two generations of players.

I will never forget him getting the call during the 2013 playoff run to the finals when he scored a goal in like his first 4 games. Ridiculous.

TAC:
Vegas has started the sell off to fit Petro in. Nate Schmidt sent to Vancouver. That guy is solid AF.

jingle.boy:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on October 12, 2020, 07:17:19 PM ---I love Petro and all but he’s always been on the outside looking in as far as being ‘elite’. He threw a great Cup run together where he played like a man on a mission but for most of his career he’s just been really good......not next tier.

--- End quote ---

That's kinda how I've always seen him as well.  He's not in the same league as Josi, Hedman, Burns, Giordano, Webber, Carlson etc...  I'd be hard pressed to think of him as a top 10 or 12 d-man in the league.  It's hard to think he'll continue to improve into his 30s.  The number of D that do (like Lidstrom) is far less than the number that fade off.  This definitely has all the makings of a the first 'bad' move by McPhee. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version