Author Topic: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Hedman is a cupman.  (Read 65148 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Official '19-'20 NHL Thread - v. Postseason coming finally?!
« Reply #1050 on: August 23, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
Are you pussies gonna call the police when Chara puts someone into a stantion? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hunnus2000

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1052 on: August 23, 2020, 03:06:07 PM »
Todd Reirden fired!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1053 on: August 23, 2020, 04:30:41 PM »
Just remembered that Jamal Adams, who forced my New York Jets to trade him by being a greedy asshole, is a Stars fan. So add them to the list of teams I don’t want to see win. I guess I’m rooting for either the Golden Knights or Avalanche.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1054 on: August 23, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »
Todd Reirden fired!

Shocker. 2 straight terrible playoff exits will do that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1055 on: August 23, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
Todd Reirden fired!

I'd like to see Kirk Muller get a shot. He seemed to have control of the Habs' bench. Hopefully not some retread like Bruce Budreau or Mike Yeo.

What am I saying hopefully? :facepalm:

I hate the Calitals. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: August 23, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
Todd Reirden fired!

I'd like to see Kirk Muller get a shot. He seemed to have control of the Habs' bench. Hopefully not some retread like Bruce Budreau or Mike Yeo.

Hitchcock??
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1057 on: August 23, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »
Todd Reirden fired!

Hitchcock??

Does he want to coach?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1058 on: August 23, 2020, 06:28:12 PM »
Eastern Conference Finals starts tonight. Only 2020 would put that series in the second round. ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: August 23, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
Glad to see Chad and Gary disappointed for game 1.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1060 on: August 23, 2020, 10:56:51 PM »
Yeah, I don't see the Canucks being competitive at all in this series based off what I'm seeing on Game 1.  Don't think they are putting much of a fight and look like a threat at all and Golden Knights are playing pretty fluidly.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: August 24, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »

Let's take it to the NBA thread, and see who gets disappointed.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1062 on: August 24, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »

Or you could take it to the MLB thread, where everyone should be disappointed.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1063 on: August 24, 2020, 09:44:51 AM »
Nick, MLB is dead to me this year and Chad, you know it's on!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:05:06 AM by kingshmegland »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1064 on: August 24, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »

Or you could take it to the MLB thread, where everyone should be disappointed.

:rollin
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1065 on: August 25, 2020, 06:13:30 AM »
Wow! Dallas looks great!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1066 on: August 25, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
Wow! Dallas looks great!

When you lose 2 key pieces of your defense, its going to be tough to stop Dallas.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1067 on: August 25, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »
Wow! Dallas looks great!

When you lose 2 key pieces of your defense, its going to be tough to stop Dallas.

Sure, and Calgary lost Tkachuk.

But I thought the Flames and the Avs were really good teams. I'm not going to take anything away from the Stars here.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1068 on: August 25, 2020, 09:16:05 AM »
I do wish the Stars would lose their tendency to go down a couple of goals at the beginning of the game but as long as they keep winning!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1069 on: August 25, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »
I do wish the Stars would lose their tendency to go down a couple of goals at the beginning of the game but as long as they keep winning!

I held the opinion that the Stanley Cup winner was coming out of the Blues/Stars series last year. Both teams were beasts and it looks like the Stars are grooving again. They were one of a few teams that the Covid pause really helped given the way they were playing heading into the real playoffs and the injuries they had....good on them for getting it back together.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1070 on: August 25, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »

I held the opinion that the Stanley Cup winner was coming out of the Blues/Stars series last year. Both teams were beasts and it looks like the Stars are grooving again. They were one of a few teams that the Covid pause really helped given the way they were playing heading into the real playoffs and the injuries they had....good on them for getting it back together.

Oh the Blues ripped my heart out during that series!  >:(

And to make matters worse, the Blues were raising the Championship banner same night DT played in St. Louis!  :censored

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1071 on: August 25, 2020, 01:24:26 PM »
Leafs trade Kapanen.
First round pick is good.

Chad...thoughts?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1072 on: August 25, 2020, 01:50:42 PM »

Oh the Blues ripped my heart out during that series!  >:(

And to make matters worse, the Blues were raising the Championship banner same night DT played in St. Louis!  :censored

Yep. Me and my sons went down for the tailgate celebration pre game then to the DT concert. Was a fun night.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: August 25, 2020, 04:12:40 PM »
Leafs trade Kapanen.

Chad...thoughts?

On my way out the door. Remind me again if I forget tonight, tomorrow morning. Short answer is it’s good for the team/business; I’m mostly neutral about it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: August 25, 2020, 08:36:22 PM »
Fudge.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1075 on: August 25, 2020, 08:38:15 PM »
Series over.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: August 25, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »
Man you are negative.   This is a 6 or 7 game series.  Let's see tomorrow.   Btw, I'll be in VT. I may be home late.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1077 on: August 25, 2020, 10:21:09 PM »
All right, I take everything back from what I last said about the Canucks/Vegas series.    Canucks look good today.  Having Tyler Toffoli back in their line-up can make a difference.  Not surprised.  We got a good series in the making now.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: August 26, 2020, 04:32:32 AM »
Few teams have ever gone deep into the playoffs with their backup goalie.  John Casey backing up Fuhr is one of the few I can think of, and still, St. Lou didn't get to the finals.  I can't think of a single Cup finalist team that did so without their #1 goalie

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: August 26, 2020, 05:17:35 AM »
Leafs trade Kapanen.

Chad...thoughts?

Like I said... good deal business-wise for the Leafs, and the Pens too I believe.  So many teams are going to be more REAL salary constrained than Cap-salary constrained.  In Kapanen, the Pens get a very versatile player (he's fast, pesky, plays the PK, can play the PP) - hell, they drafted him in the 1st round.  His base salary is only $1.8M and $800k for the next two years.  So, they get a guy who can be a Top6(ish) forward, for a lot less than his cap-hit.

The Leafs get a first rounder, and a prospect that was in their sights last year (Filip Hållander), and a 1st round pick they desperately need.  Not sure if they'll keep Evan Rodrigues, if they do, it'll likely be at the league min, or a tryout contract.  I seem to remember seeing him in Buffalo, and iirc he was a scrappy 4th-liner.  Something the Leafs need more of.

Kapanen (and potentially Johnsson... or if Dubas really has a set of stones, Nylander) became a tradable commodities for 2 reasons - much lower base-salary vs Cap-salary, and Nic Robertson (their top Jr. prospect) showing he's got the ability to be an NHL'r next year.  I think Dubas is willing to put his chips in with him and Ilya Mikheyev as their #6/#7 forwards (Hyman being their #5 guy).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1080 on: August 26, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »
He almost has to trim Nylander if he wants to build a better balanced team.

Do you think signing Tavares to that contract was a mistake?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: August 26, 2020, 05:30:22 AM »
He almost has to trim Nylander if he wants to build a better balanced team.

Do you think signing Tavares to that contract was a mistake?

I don't know if "mistake" is the right word.  "Unnecessary" is probably more accurate.  Hind-sight is 20/20, and a few things they've done haven't quite panned out as he planned.  They've got more than enough offensive talent, and as Dallas/Vegas/Boston/Tampa are continuing to prove, role-players, grinders, and a solid Top-4 D are crucial to playoff success.  FFS, Blake Coleman had 2 goals last night.  Tampa loses a guy like McDonagh, and still can throw out 7 D that do the job.  After Reilly and Muzzin, the Leafs D is filled out by guys that should be (barely) #6 on the average depth chart.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1082 on: August 26, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »
Coleman really stood out during the whole game.

Yeah, I can go with "unnecessary" regarding JT. Who the fuck is Dubas anyway, and what the hell has he ever done to get that job?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1083 on: August 26, 2020, 05:50:44 AM »
Coleman really stood out during the whole game.

Yeah, I can go with "unnecessary" regarding JT. Who the fuck is Dubas anyway, and what the hell has he ever done to get that job?

He was Lou's Ass't GM, and the GM of the Marlies (AHL affiliate), whom he built to be a Calder Cup winning team.  He proved himself in the Juniors and Minors as a very successful team-builder.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1084 on: August 26, 2020, 05:54:25 AM »
Well, alright then..