Author Topic: STAR TREK: PICARD Official Comic-Con Trailer (2019)  (Read 2059 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
Re: STAR TREK: PICARD Official Comic-Con Trailer (2019)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 04:53:06 PM »
Awful trailer but still excited

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 05:34:34 PM »
I still don't agree to pay a monthly subscription for 1 network.

plus it's Alex Kurtzman, and Ronald D Moore isn't involved.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »
https://www.startrek.com/videos/watch-first-star-trek-picard-trailer-patrick-stewart-sdcc-hall-h

Thank you for posting that. The longer trailer was much, much better. Now I'm actually interested.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 07:38:47 PM »
I still don't agree to pay a monthly subscription for 1 network.

I don't get it.  In Canada I was able to watch all of Season 2 of Discovery with no issues.  I'll let you know if it's the same with Picard.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 07:53:55 PM »
I got the most raging nerd boner right now. I seriously could open a locked trunk with it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »
Great looking trailer.

Shocked by 7 of 9. Shocked by everyone saying that is Data. My money says it is B-4. They clearly laid out Data's destruction in Nemesis as a driver for this. B-4 was still active at the end of the movie.

Really looking forward to this.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »
Eh..........

So,

1) Love seeing Picard back
2) Damn they are selling this almost exclusively on nostalgia. Like "Hey....you like TNG...so come see this show JUST for that reason"
3) Did not expect Seven.
4) Did NOT expect B4/Data
5) The fake young Brent Spiner CGI was a bit jarring.
6) Outside of the TNG/Voyager folk, this looks very generic and boring. Like I said, feel like it's sold 100% on nostalgia for TNG
7) Obviously I will watch it because I love TNG and have nostalgia for it. DAMN YOU CBS!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 12:05:53 AM »
I feel like this is going to be a Star Trek "The Force Awakens" style nostalgia trip.

But I couldn't care less, Picard, Seven and Data :hefdaddy. Also Riker and Troi confirmed!

Jeri Ryan hasn't aged a day!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 01:00:45 AM »
Eh..........

So,

1) Love seeing Picard back
2) Damn they are selling this almost exclusively on nostalgia. Like "Hey....you like TNG...so come see this show JUST for that reason"
3) Did not expect Seven.
4) Did NOT expect B4/Data
5) The fake young Brent Spiner CGI was a bit jarring.
6) Outside of the TNG/Voyager folk, this looks very generic and boring. Like I said, feel like it's sold 100% on nostalgia for TNG
7) Obviously I will watch it because I love TNG and have nostalgia for it. DAMN YOU CBS!
I'm right there with you on six of them.  Seven is the one thing that interests me. Clearly she's the JJverse Seven, and while that would normally annoy the hell out of me, in her case it might be entertaining. She's a character that could survive a reboot, and Jeri Ryan can certainly do the modern Seven that people are wanting to see.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 07:00:59 AM »
I cant wait for this show. The trailer definitely has me excited.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 07:01:54 PM »
Watching the Comic-Con panel and they have made it quite clear that Stewart had a lot of input and influence over the writer's room and with direction on his character. The fact that they are listening to and applying his input is very encouraging.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
Damnit I'm so pumped for Picard. I need to finish my ST run before the show airs. I have one season of Voy left, then enterprise and finally discovery.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 07:55:17 AM »
I'm watching DS9 and VOY concurrently! I'm in season 4 of DS9 and season 5 of Voyager. I need to finish those before The Picard airs.

Now that we know that Riker, Troi, Seven and Data are back in some form, what other TNG/DS9/VOY alums would you like to see? Which characters would make sense if they appeared?

I'm going on a limb and say: Beverly, Worf, Geordi, Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Harry, The Doctor and i were to throw in someone from DS9 i think Bashir would make most sense.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 09:24:31 AM »
Giddy the fuck up.  Yes, it's playing on some TNG nostalgia, but I'd be down as fuck with character led storylines.  (Some of) The best Picard episodes had very little space-action - Measure of a Man, Tapestry, Family, The Inner Light, Chain of Command (ok some space-action there... but not for Picard), Darmok.

So glad Canada has it on Space Network (and so glad I subscribe to it!).

Oh, and I think the Data/B-4 scene is a holo-deck.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 06:01:19 PM »
I never watched TNG and that trailer gotmemoderately excited.
(Some of) The best Picard episodes had very little space-action

Same with TOS.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
Giddy the fuck up.  Yes, it's playing on some TNG nostalgia, but I'd be down as fuck with character led storylines.  (Some of) The best Picard episodes had very little space-action - Measure of a Man, Tapestry, Family, The Inner Light, Chain of Command (ok some space-action there... but not for Picard), Darmok.

So glad Canada has it on Space Network (and so glad I subscribe to it!).

Oh, and I think the Data/B-4 scene is a holo-deck.
Sadly, I think this will have more than enough space action for my taste. My hunch is that it'll be so far removed from TNG that I won't have much interest in it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »
Personally I'd like to see some DS9 characters make it on there such as Bashir, Miles would be great as he actually served on the Enterprise. I'd like to see Sisko back from the prophets and on the show but I'm pretty sure Avery Brooks said he is done with ST.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 08:43:42 AM »
So apparently Robert Picardo was approached, if he could return as The Doctor for season 2 of Picard!

He was always one of my favorites, and interesting that they are already charting ahead for season 2..

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 02:51:21 PM »
Oh piece of shit! trailer had a major spoiler for someone still in season 3, oh well that's my fault that I watched it :lol
Looks good, I was gonna say I hope they don't do a lot of modern camera work so it would still feel TNG-related by the trailer says that ship has sailed. Still watching though, hopefully by the time I get to it; it'll already have 2 or 3 seasons out.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.