General > Movies and TV

Top Gun: Maverick - Official Trailer (2020)

<< < (2/27) > >>

pg1067:

--- Quote from: Cool Chris on July 18, 2019, 04:43:07 PM ---I was going to say that Cruise looks great while Ed Harris looks like he aged 20 years since I've seen him last. When did I see him last, anyway?

Here's to hoping this is an enjoyable flick!

--- End quote ---

Last thing I saw Ed Harris in was National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

I'll probably see this, but the original Top Gun doesn't hold any special place in my heart, so I won't go in with any big expectations.

Cool Chris:
I loved it when it came out, though I cannot recall seeing since I was a kid. I do remember when we rented it my mom made my dad FF past the scene where Maverick and Charlie hooked up, despite upon review it being very PG.

My parents also had the album (on vinyl!) and I played it a ton. It has a great tune by Cheap Trick that is only in the film for about 2 seconds, the sappy Heaven In Your Eyes, and the cool instrumental at the end.

PetFish:
Awesome!  Not sure why it's not until 2020.  Christmas 2019 would be fair.  It's not like it's a VFX-heavy production or anything.  I'm hoping for minimal CGI but for sure there will be some, just don't make the jets do stupid things.

Adami:
When I see a famous actor in a cockpit flying a jet, I just assume they film that in a realistic cockpit set with a green screen.

When I see Tom Cruise do it, I assume he learned how to fly a fighter jet and flew the damn thing.

King Postwhore:

--- Quote from: Adami on July 18, 2019, 08:32:46 PM ---When I see a famous actor in a cockpit flying a jet, I just assume they film that in a realistic cockpit set with a green screen.

When I see Tom Cruise do it, I assume he learned how to fly a fighter jet and flew the damn thing.

--- End quote ---

He's bat shit crazy to do those things but he does stunts that other actors will never do.  It places him in the pantheon of Action Film Actors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version