Author Topic: D/T Tour Second Leg  (Read 16906 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: D/T Tour Second Leg
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
Woohoo, a St Louis date!  :metal :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Looks like Mesa or Tucson for me.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »
The Canton date is 9/29 on both of those websites, but on the official website it is 10/29.

Well, Ticketmaster shows 9/29 so I'm assuming that is the correct date.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »

It says over 2 hours and 45 minutes of Dream Theater... Do you think that includes a 20 minute intermission, or are we really talking 2 hours and 45 minutes of Dream Theater music?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2019, 09:37:15 AM »

It says over 2 hours and 45 minutes of Dream Theater... Do you think that includes a 20 minute intermission, or are we really talking 2 hours and 45 minutes of Dream Theater music?

Thats how long they'll play. I quite like how they were specific and left out the intermission, which makes it 3 hours.

It seems its the SFAM show again. Yet, it's a short leg and they're hitting secondary markets ( how I wish we had a bigger staged venue that would suit DT and other acts with screens and stage set-up).
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2019, 09:37:52 AM »
The Canton date is 9/29 on both of those websites, but on the official website it is 10/29.

Well, Ticketmaster shows 9/29 so I'm assuming that is the correct date.

Ya, the official website doesn't have San Jose and has them going from El Cajon, to Ohio, to RENO (Bosk!!:) then Nebraska... ???

Yay! Reno though - never thought they would come back.. I have seen them in 4 venues, the Grand Theater in Reno is awesome - the best sounding, beautiful, comfy seats, easy in and out.

Are there pre-sale codes????

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
RENO (Bosk!!:)

Yup.  Saw that.  I expect to be there.  :tup

I hope they leave the standing area down front like for TA.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
Me too!! We should get a beer!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2019, 09:50:53 AM »
Hmmm...not really excited about this.

I LOVED seeing SFAM (esp. since I missed the tour for that album), but I'm not sure I need to see it again.  And the dates don't work out well for me.  El Cajon on a Sunday and Riverside on a Monday.  I may head to Tucson for the Saturday, Oct. 26 date.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2019, 09:59:13 AM »
So pumped there’s a St. Louis date. Save some $$$ on hotel and gas this way. Especially now that my three boys are ‘in’ to them and like to see them. Took the older two to the Nashville show and shortly after my youngest said he wanted to see them now. This will work just fine.

I don’t mind seeing Scenes again as it was awesome in Nashville. Plus, at this point who really knows how many more times they’ll tour and be available to ‘see’ so I’ll take every opportunity. Not that they’re planning to quit anytime soon but they’re no spring chickens.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2019, 10:10:03 AM »
Looks like they're snubbing the Pacific Northwest AGAIN!    :facepalm:   :censored
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »
Hmmm...not really excited about this.

I LOVED seeing SFAM (esp. since I missed the tour for that album), but I'm not sure I need to see it again.  And the dates don't work out well for me.  El Cajon on a Sunday and Riverside on a Monday.  I may head to Tucson for the Saturday, Oct. 26 date.

If so, I'll see you in Tucson.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2019, 10:12:55 AM »
Looks like they're snubbing the Pacific Northwest AGAIN!    :facepalm:   :censored

That stinks!  I wonder what the heck is up with that?  ???

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »
New Brunswick NJ?  OK I've never been to a show there, but that's only 30 minutes away and I used to live close to there in my apartment, some good bars in the area too on a Friday night.  I'm in.  :metal

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:47 AM »

I dunno, but I'm worried that DT is gonna start losing their fan base up in this area if this trend continues. People start to move on when bands quit coming to their cities, and there is no potential for gaining new fans.
 Ok I'm gonna say it;   MP wouldn't stand for this,  I think he would be getting vocal to the bands management and making waves.   
 Mike's other bands such as the Neal Morse Band and SOA, give Seattle some love every time around.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2019, 10:51:42 AM »

I dunno, but I'm worried that DT is gonna start losing their fan base up in this area if this trend continues. People start to move on when bands quit coming to their cities, and there is no potential for gaining new fans.
 Ok I'm gonna say it;   MP wouldn't stand for this,  I think he would be getting vocal to the bands management and making waves.   
 Mike's other bands such as the Neal Morse Band and SOA, give Seattle some love every time around.

Spoiled much. I'll take what I can get. Which is why I was really happy when DT came here for the I&W&B tour. And we got TLF and DLPM too.

It sucks, but also don't blame the band. Look at your local promoters and venues as well.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »
New Brunswick NJ?  OK I've never been to a show there, but that's only 30 minutes away and I used to live close to there in my apartment, some good bars in the area too on a Friday night.  I'm in.  :metal

Yeah, That might be my choice as well. I don't know about going to Long Island on a Tuesday. I never been to a show in New Brunswick either, its like a 40 minute drive for me but with Friday traffic that'll probably be over 1 hour.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2019, 11:07:05 AM »

Spoiled much. I'll take what I can get. Which is why I was really happy when DT came here for the I&W&B tour. And we got TLF and DLPM too.

It sucks, but also don't blame the band. Look at your local promoters and venues as well.
DT hasn't been in the PNW since TA tour.   I don't blame the band, but the promoters and booking agents could easily get a date in Seattle or Portland or Vancouver B.C..  C'mon man, where there's a will there's a way..

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »

Oy!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2019, 11:19:45 AM »

DT hasn't been in the PNW since TA tour.   I don't blame the band, but the promoters and booking agents could easily get a date in Seattle or Portland or Vancouver B.C..  C'mon man, where there's a will there's a way..

Guess only thing to do is use that "want us to play your city" thing on their Tour page. And contact their booking agents.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »

Yeah, That might be my choice as well. I don't know about going to Long Island on a Tuesday. I never been to a show in New Brunswick either, its like a 40 minute drive for me but with Friday traffic that'll probably be over 1 hour.

There's a train station near the theater too if that's something that works for you.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
Kitchener as the only Canadian date??  2000-ish seat theatre.  Fascinating.

As the closing date, I might just be compelled to make the (1h45m) drive
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2019, 11:38:33 AM »
Albany! Only 2 hrs 20 minutes away.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2019, 11:39:29 AM »
Well, they are allready heading to the west coast again and California had several dates on the first leg. I figured playing the Pacific Northwest would be a given or a no brainer at this time.   :mehlin

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
Kitchener as the only Canadian date??  2000-ish seat theatre.  Fascinating.

The Biloxi date is an 800 people venue.

Looks like no New England date at all. I missed the first leg because of work travel, this may be the first tour in probably 20 years I will miss :(
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »

Thats how long they'll play. I quite like how they were specific and left out the intermission, which makes it 3 hours.
Not to be a debbie-downer, but don't bank on it. If they don't change up the setlist from what was played on the first North American leg, the total "show" time (not including intermission) will be roughly 2 hours, 25 minutes. Even if they do change up the setlist, I would expect that the amount of show time will be pretty close to that. So if I were you, I wouldn't expect any more than 2.5 hours max. If you get more, awesome! But better to under-expect than over-expect.  ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »
Really surprised they're sticking with the Scenes set for the second leg. I might make a trip to NY (maybe NJ) to catch this, but only if they shake up the first set. Give us a few of the songs off DoT that we haven't seen yet, and swap out all the non-DoT songs that were in set 1 of the first leg (except Bar Stool Warrior  :P) .

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2019, 12:02:48 PM »
Just want to hear At Wit's End. I'll be a happy camper for that song only. The SFAM set was absolutely stunning.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
I'll probably try to make the Canton, Ohio date.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »
Just want to hear At Wit's End. I'll be a happy camper for that song only. The SFAM set was absolutely stunning.

Yes to both!  I will never forget Home in LA. The crowd, the sound. A perfect first hearing of one of my first favorite and still top 5 Dt songs!   :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »
I was looking forward to a different show but I'll go to the Asheville show simply because the scenes show was so good the first time.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
I would rather have gotten a more well-rounded set list, but I am sure once the night comes, I will enjoy Scenes like crazy since it is one of my all-time favorites, so I won't quibble too much over that.

That said...

If At Wit's End is not played on this leg, I will be disappointed.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »
Cool to see them play somewhere in Canada that's not Montreal, Toronto, Quebec or Vancouver. :lol Although it's still not in my city, Kitchener is worth the drive for me. Glad there is a second leg since I missed the first one.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Do we have any indication as to whether the first set will change at all from the first run of shows? Likely determines how seriously I consider going this time around.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2019, 12:45:49 PM »
Do we have any indication as to whether the first set will change at all from the first run of shows? Likely determines how seriously I consider going this time around.
At this time, there is none.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.