Author Topic: D/T Tour Second Leg  (Read 16909 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: D/T Tour Second Leg
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »
Don't do this to me Boskypoo. I already made the decision not to drive to Riverside. Don't make me overthink it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2019, 09:38:14 AM »

Dang it, Bosk. Stirring the pot again.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
:angel:                                                                   :angel:                                                                  :angel:                                                                   :angel:                                                                   :angel:                                                                   :angel:                                                                    :angel:                                                                    :angel:                                                                    :angel:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2019, 09:39:58 AM »
There is one song that people have been talking about wanting to see in the set that I'd be really sad if it's rotated in and I miss it.

But... RIVERSIDE
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2019, 09:45:32 AM »
Looks like I'm definitely going to that NJ show...

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:08 AM »

Wait, I figured it out:

During SFAM, DT is going to replace The Dance of Eternity with Raw Dog just to see if anyone notices.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »

Wait, I figured it out:

During SFAM, DT is going to replace The Dance of Eternity with Raw Dog just to see if anyone notices.

I'd be ecstatic

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
This was posted on another thread

https://downloadfestival.co.uk/news-features/interview-dream-theater-we-knew-we-wanted-to-do-a-heavier-album/

Quote from JBL:

Between the tours we’re going to be doing after Europe we’re introducing new songs, so let’s play a couple of songs from the album that we haven’t played yet. So, there’s all that going on as well.

So I think it's safe to say we can expect AWE or S2N (Maybe Both). I Think it would be nice to see R137 or VK honestly.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »
I would love to have S2N as an opener...JM in the spotlight to start...high energy song.  :metal

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »
If they took out ANTR, that would leave room for 2 more songs from DOT and another older song.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2019, 02:11:24 PM »
If they took out ANTR, that would leave room for 2 more songs from DOT and another older song.
And that would be a great move on their part.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
Don't do this to me Boskypoo. I already made the decision not to drive to Riverside. Don't make me overthink it.

I hate driving to Riverside from Garden Grove or any other location in the east (Ontario, San Bernardino, etc).  I'm doing it for Switchfoot, I don't want to do it for DT if the setlist is not to my liking.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »

Hey Bosk,

From what you might know, does it seem like the next leg of concerts will hit the 2 hours and 45 minutes of music the press release hyped up?

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »
Nice - let's hope the band introduces some new songs into the fold.

Already have my ticket to Riverside, but if the setlist reveals to be a rotation of new songs, I will look to travel to El Cajon.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
Anyone going to the Reno show?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2019, 02:08:45 AM »
Any news yet on those promised Jan/Feb 2020 European dates?
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2019, 07:54:07 AM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2019, 07:55:04 AM »

I live there and am going! I have front row tickets. In addition, I will have an interesting  announcement about the show soon... :-X

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »

I live there and am going! I have front row tickets. In addition, I will have an interesting  announcement about the show soon... :-X

If it's about a meet-up, announce it soon so I can pre-plan and make sure to be there.  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »

I hate driving to Riverside from Garden Grove or any other location in the east (Ontario, San Bernardino, etc).  I'm doing it for Switchfoot, I don't want to do it for DT if the setlist is not to my liking.

I'm in Ventura County... I know the feeling. My GF has family in Covina, using their place as a jump off spot is the only way it'd be worth it for me.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »

I'm in Ventura County... I know the feeling. My GF has family in Covina, using their place as a jump off spot is the only way it'd be worth it for me.

Wow, that's even rougher for you if you want to drive east for occasional concerts that is in that area as oppose to either LA or Anaheim.