Author Topic: D/T Tour Second Leg  (Read 16771 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: D/T Tour Second Leg
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
Do we have any indication as to whether the first set will change at all from the first run of shows? Likely determines how seriously I consider going this time around.

I’m more curious if they change the encore. The first set of the last leg was awesome but the encore was predictable and underwhelming after the two incredible sets that preceded it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »
Do we have any indication as to whether the first set will change at all from the first run of shows? Likely determines how seriously I consider going this time around.

I’m more curious if they change the encore. The first set of the last leg was awesome but the encore was predictable and underwhelming after the two incredible sets that preceded it.

Agree.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 03:31:41 PM »
The info I have from the band is:  The idea for this leg is to try to mostly hit markets the didn't hit the first time around so that those who didn't get to see this show can see it. 

Of course, it is not an exact science, and not everyone involved in booking tours intimately understands the geography of all markets, so there is going to be some overlap between the locations this time around.  But I would expect the sets to be structured similarly.  That's about all I am at liberty to say. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 03:48:30 PM »
Me too!! We should get a beer!!

Well, I don't drink, but I'll be happy to grab a Coke and hang out.  :biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 03:59:14 PM »
The info I have from the band is:  The idea for this leg is to try to mostly hit markets the didn't hit the first time around so that those who didn't get to see this show can see it. 

Of course, it is not an exact science, and not everyone involved in booking tours intimately understands the geography of all markets, so there is going to be some overlap between the locations this time around.  But I would expect the sets to be structured similarly.  That's about all I am at liberty to say. 
I know I said it earlier, but it kind of blows my mind that they are returning to the west coast only to play California dates again.  You would think it would be a better business move to play Washington and Oregon and Vancouver B.C. since they were missed on the first leg.   I mean they are promoting their new album right?   
I wish I could afford to make the Reno show, but I doubt it will happen. I could easily make it to Seattle or Portland though. Sigh!   :chill
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
So, with them doing SFAM again in the US and then in Europe next year, does that mean there'll be no real DOT tour? SFAM alone takes up more than half of the set already, and they're only playing 4 DOT songs on each show (and they've only played 5 live). Scenes is a fan favorite album, I get it, but I just thought they'd do a proper DOT support tour and not just a SFAM 20th anniversary tour disguised as a DOT tour.

...unless they try to do that in 2021 (not counting on it, though).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »
Can we count on Ticketmaster telling us how much tickets are any time soon?  Or are they gonna pull a fast one and not tell us until they go on sale? 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »
I don’t know about other shows, but the venue website has the prices for the NJ show.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2019, 08:49:33 PM »
Can we count on Ticketmaster telling us how much tickets are any time soon?  Or are they gonna pull a fast one and not tell us until they go on sale?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »
I never want to miss a leg of DT especially when they play an hour from me (the closest they've ever played) but that falls in a week where I'm seeing Ghost, Steve Hackett, and Sacred Reich and I spent a ton on vacation this year sooooooooooo.....for the first time in my life I'll have to wait until the setlist comes out to decide. Any new additions, probably. At Wit's End? Hell no I wont miss it.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2019, 10:12:36 PM »
Me too!! We should get a beer!!

Well, I don't drink, but I'll be happy to grab a Coke and hang out.  :biggrin:

Sounds great!  :tup

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2019, 11:33:50 PM »
DT in Riverside, CA, ehhh?  I've seen pictures of the venue they are playing.  It's the same place I'm seeing Switchfoot, 8 days later.  It's all seats as well by venue design and not like the Wiltern where they decided to put seats in typically all GA sections.  Honestly, unless they are switching things up a little more in the first portion of the set (I would like to see more variety and representation of a good amount of albums in the first set), I shall pass this time.  I'm sure ticket prices will be the same as it is at the Wiltern Theater (which equals pretty darn expensive).

I yearn for the day DT decides to play first come first serve all GA shows in SoCal.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2019, 05:06:02 AM »
I don’t know about other shows, but the venue website has the prices for the NJ show.

Same with the Canadian show.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »
I have a chance to buy tickets now, could do VIP for guarantee front row seat...but do I really want that  :o
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2019, 07:40:01 AM »
After more than 10 shows I finally get to see DT in my Home Town of Omaha! I think they have only played here once back in the early 90's. They are playing in a beautiful venue and I can't wait! I've missed the last two tours and to see them in my home town playing my favorite album of all time is going to be amazing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »
2 legs....Cali 2 - Pacific Northwest 0
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline notkrap

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
Presale code for Raleigh??????? Thanks!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2019, 09:19:51 AM »

Tickets for the Tucson show are $95 plus fees for sixth row.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
I checked the venue page and it looks like $66.50 for the most expensive seats here in St Louis, not counting the "grab your ankles" service charges TM will tack on, so that isn't bad at all.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2019, 10:17:44 AM »
Man. I'm undecided if I should do the VIP thing again. It was ok last time around but I didn't get my SFAM vinyl signed.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2019, 10:19:09 AM »
So, the venue in Reno, directs you to Tickemaster. It has all the presales listed, Ticketmaster presale tomorrow being the earliest on the list. But then it also has the countdown above showing 43 mins..wth...I don't have a code, but I have a citi card.  It always feels this way buying tickets - especially when you want to get good seats..

Edit... I went to DT website, clicked on VIP, and bought them now.  Front row, inside aisle seats right side.  Well, that worked out well!! :o
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:43:28 AM by geeeemo »

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2019, 10:47:56 AM »

Edit... I went to DT website, clicked on VIP, and bought them now.  Front row, inside aisle seats right side.  Well, that worked out well!! :o
Congrats, that is so AWESOME!   Right in front of JP.   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »
 :(

Really debating whether or not I want to go. I want to hear DOT tracks but I am just so over SFAM. I don't want to pay good money for a show 90 minutes away and then leave just after the DOT set, but I don't want to sit through SFAM. Decisions decisions.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »

Really debating whether or not I want to go. I want to hear DOT tracks but I am just so over SFAM. I don't want to pay good money for a show 90 minutes away and then leave just after the DOT set, but I don't want to sit through SFAM. Decisions decisions.
Decisions are a tough thing to take on. Seriously. I'm debating about it too. (internally)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
I was able to puchase pre-sale tickets for $55 while looking at VIP tickets. Got 8th row.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »

Well you should stand for SFAM IMO  :biggrin:

But honestly, I was a downer on them playing all of SFAM, but there's a good energy from that album that comes across live, even playing to a click, that really just made the show much better than I expected. 

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2019, 12:07:50 PM »
Asheville NC, Row H 1 & 2... man am I glad their promoter is hitting the NC market! 

That week is my vacation week (that worked out well) and my wife and I were heading to Asheville anyway for a long hiking trip and a few visits to Tupelo Honey (you know, to carb-up for the hiking).  Double-good timing by DT this time around!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline rotbaer

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
All right then, this time excuses about "mispromotion" and "communicational mistakes" won't be accepted ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:12:50 PM by rotbaer »

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2019, 01:06:36 PM »
Waiting for some Euro fans to complain that they were expecting a festival show, and all they got was SFaM in its entirety/An Evening With

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »
Waiting for some Euro fans to complain that they were expecting a festival show, and all they got was SFaM in its entirety/An Evening With

:rollin
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »

Well you should stand for SFAM IMO  :biggrin:

But honestly, I was a downer on them playing all of SFAM, but there's a good energy from that album that comes across live, even playing to a click, that really just made the show much better than I expected.

Yeah but I can't even sit through all of Home, and that's the STUDIO version!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2019, 03:12:44 PM »
Has anyone ever done the Go the Distance VIP package?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
Has anyone ever done the Go the Distance VIP package?

Is that where you bring your baseball glove and play catch with the band members in Iowa?

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »

Yup - I hope they change some of the songs in the first set.