Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48517 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I feel bad for Durant. Played his ass off. I could wish anything worse for Kyrie. He is a disease.

Let's see if the sports media holds Durant to the same standard that certain others top stars are.  Certain other stars would get crushed if they had a great game, but threw up an air ball at the end of a Game 7.  Will Durant get crushed, too, or will he get a pass?  Let's see.

I'm sure that the sports media will say something stupid, but even as someone who generally dislikes Durant as a player (and also feels that he can be ridiculous as a person too), my respect level for him has increased tenfold. To have a series like that after a devastating Achilles injury... Props to him.

Hmmm, I have an opposite view.  He seems like, by most accounts, not a good person (I will leave it at that), but he is a helluva player. One of the best scorers the NBA has ever seen.  It's just too bad he's such an unlikable guy. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I know he is an uptight asshole but he did put his money where his mouth was on the court.  I felt bad for him that way.  Off the court, and his burner twitter accounts can fly a kite.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Exciting finish last night if you just saw the highlights.

If you were watching in real time, like I was after flipping it over from hockey, it was tedious and brutal. The last 9.2 seconds of the game literally took 19 minutes in real time to complete.

Offline T-ski

Exciting finish last night if you just saw the highlights.

If you were watching in real time, like I was after flipping it over from hockey, it was tedious and brutal. The last 9.2 seconds of the game literally took 19 minutes in real time to complete.

Exciting and ridiculous. I went to bed and saw it was a 1 point game with 10 seconds to go so I turned on the tv, which the wife didn’t seem to happy about, it was 10:50pm. My wife incorrectly complained it would take ten minutes to finish the game because “I know how this works”, it ended up being twenty minutes. She was asleep when the game ended.

Also, go Bucks.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I think the Bucks will beat the Hawks, but health permitting, I think the Suns take it all.  They are kicking ass and get Chris Paul back in Game 3.  I have never been a fan of Paul, but I guess it will be fitting if he finally ends up winning a ring.  He is arguably a top 5 all-time PG.

Offline T-ski

Coach Budenholzer is the ruiner of dreams.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Coach Budenholzer is the ruiner of dreams.

He hasn't impressed me based on what I have seen, but that play he came up with down 1 with not much time left seemed good, until the guy with the wide open 3 threw up an air ball.  Sometimes, the players just don't make the shots.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Anybody read about the jay Williams Tweet? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Looks like he got the playbook about how to get out of a really stupid tweet...blame imaginary hackers!!  :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Looks like he got the playbook about how to get out of a really stupid tweet...blame imaginary hackers!!  :lol :lol

That is so fucking weak.

He couldn't have just said something along the lines of shooting from the hip relying on an old city's reputation? And then simply apologize for getting it wrong? WTF is so wrong about doing that?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

He couldn't have just said something along the lines of shooting from the hip relying on an old city's reputation? And then simply apologize for getting it wrong? WTF is so wrong about doing that?

People on the internet hate to admit when they are wrong.

Which is why you will never admit that Power Windows and Promised Land both rule.

:corn :corn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
And if I ever do admit it, then you'll know my account was hacked. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
And if I ever do admit it, then you'll know my account was hacked. :lol

Exactly.

I put that on a tee for you. :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

The hacked answer is soooo lame.

Offline T-ski

Bucks took out some frustration in game 2 and Atlanta seemed to give up knowing they already stole game 1.

Bucks clearly have the better team, just need to not be lackadaisical for stretches to allow the Hawks any hope.

Offline T-ski

Giannis may have blew out his knee.

Poop.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That was ugly. At least he's walking. I'd expect him to be back next game.

Offline T-ski

That was ugly. At least he's walking. I'd expect him to be back next game.

Even if it is lucky enough to be a sprain, he’d still be out for multiple weeks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Do the Suns even get credit for a championship if they beat the Bucks in the finals with no Giannis?

They beat the Lakers when LBJ was still hurt and Davis missed the last three games.

They beat the Nuggets who were missing Jamal Murray.

They would have beaten the Clippers who were missing Kawhi Leonard.

The would have beaten the Bucks who were missing Giannis.

Yes, you can only play who is in front of you, but, my goodness, what an incredible string of luck that will have been.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
A Championship is a championship. You should know better than anyone that hell yes it counts.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Oh, I know, I am just saying, what an unprecedented amount of luck that will have been.  Figures that that is probably what it will take for that assface otherwise known as Chris Paul to win a championship.  :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, I know, I am just saying, what an unprecedented amount of luck that will have been.  Figures that that is probably what it will take for that assface otherwise known as Chris Paul to win a championship.  :lol :lol

Or Pat Maroon.

Seldom does the best team in hockey actually win the Cup. The exception would be Tampa.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Pat Maroon is a god on skates.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
He is a fucking POS.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
And yet you like Brad Marchand.

Ain't being a homer fun sometimes? :P :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Love you Kev!

Offline jammindude

Do the Suns even get credit for a championship if they beat the Bucks in the finals with no Giannis?

Or…..you know….the Hawks?  :angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline T-ski

No structural damage to Giannis’ knee, thank God.

Most likely out the rest of the post season though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Is that what they're saying?

Offline T-ski

Is that what they're saying?

Yes.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This should make the Celtics feel even more shame.

Offline jammindude

I have to admit that I’m really kind of rooting for the Hawks at this point. Remember that Nate McMillan was a key element to the Sonics 90s winning years. I was not even aware he had taken over as an intern coach until the Hawks made the postseason. Then everybody started saying that they actually had the best record in the NBA from the time of his takeover forward. Granted, that it’s a very small sample size, but I still think it’s really cool that Nate has the kids all fired up and playing over their heads.

Like someone once said, it’s not about your record, it’s about when you get hot.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Bucks Vs. Suns, interesting finals.

Middleton had a great 3rd quarter to put the Bucks ahead for good.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Freak vs Flopper
« Reply #839 on: July 03, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »
Hoping Giannis miraculously recovers in time to play and be close to 10o% for the Finals.  Will definitely root for them, since I can't in good conscience for a team with Chris Paul.