News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world

Started by KevShmev, July 12, 2019, 06:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

Kyrie.  What a poison pill. Glad he is not on the C's.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

KevShmev

Quote from: kingshmegland on January 08, 2021, 01:11:15 PM
Kyrie.  What a poison pill. Glad he is not on the C's.

He is a nimrod of the highest order. 

Azyiu

Quote from: T-ski on January 08, 2021, 12:14:29 PM
Celtics and 76ers with positive tests on players, be interesting to see how this works out. I believe teams need at least 8 available players for games. If contract tracing eliminates multiple players could very easily cancel multiple games. Not as easy to make up games in the NBA as it is in the NFL.

I wouldn't be too worried about this. I guess the league had anticipated this long ago, thus making it a 72-game season; so it would be easier to adjust. I bet they believe games could be canceled, they can accept a small number of games being canceled and still finish the season relatively intact. A minimum of 50 games are needed to determine who gets into the playoffs or what not.

jingle.boy

Unsurprisingly, Tampa is now cancelling fan participation.  How and why they thought it was an acceptable risk in the first place confounds me.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

T-ski

3 games postponed in 3 days and things look like they may unravel.

In other news, I'm dominating my fantasy league at the moment as I have on of the few healthy teams in the league.  :tup

KevShmev

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

T-ski

What a blockbuster, here is the breakdown...

Rockets: Victor Oladipo, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, 3 BKN first-rounders (22, 24, 26), 1 MIL first (22, unprotected), 4 BKN 1st round swaps (21, 23, 25, 27)

Nets: James Harden

Pacers: Caris LeVert, 2nd-rounder

Cavs: Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince

black_biff_stadler

That's approaching the Herschel Walker trade in terms of confusion.

Lonk

Now trade Kyrie for Westbrook and you have the big 3 from OKC together again.

bosk1

Brooklyn either just got scary good or is a ticking timebomb waiting to implode.  Only time will tell...  :corn:

hunnus2000

Quote from: bosk1 on January 13, 2021, 08:23:21 PM
Brooklyn either just got scary good or is a ticking timebomb waiting to implode.  Only time will tell...  :corn:

My prediction is ticking timebomb. Harden is just plain poison.  :tdwn

Azyiu

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926819-biggest-winners-and-losers-from-nets-rockets-james-harden-trade

Pretty fair analysis and I have nothing to add, except for I hate the idea of giving a quitter like Harden what he wanted... in a perfect world, he should have been shipped to some place like Utah,  Minnesota or Toronto, and let him rot there until he retires...

dparrott

I'm more upset that the Nets lose Allen than I am happy for getting Harden.  He was one of my favorites.

Kyrie better be quarantined for several days when he's ready to come back. 

T-ski

Quote from: dparrott on January 14, 2021, 08:00:43 AM
I'm more upset that the Nets lose Allen than I am happy for getting Harden.  He was one of my favorites.

Kyrie better be quarantined for several days when he's ready to come back.

Allen was killing it for my fantasy team, now he's behind Drummond.....bye bye fantasy score.

Azyiu

Feel really bad for Allen among all involved. He goes from playing for a potential title contender with major PT, to now buried on the bench in Cleveland?! Poor guy.

TAC

So Karl Anthony Towns tests positive for Covid..

Scary shit after his mother died at 59, and he lost 6 other family members.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

crazy climber dude

Nuggets are my team. Finally starting to play better after a very slow start.

They lost some key guys from their run in the bubble, and adjusting to those replacements. Also, Jamal Murray not playing close to "bubblelike".....not that anyone expects 50 point games all season. I think if he can get 100% healthy and dialed in....they will be fine.

Jokic playing at MVP level. Doubt if he will ever win that award in relatively small market Denver, but we are so glad he plays for Nuggets. I do think the Clippers and Jazz series comebacks did give he and Murray more mainstream credibility.

Speaking of the Jazz. Are they legit? Or just "in the pocket" right now? 

jingle.boy

Fred Van Vleet with 54 to break the franchise record. Hopefully the Raps have their shit together, though they've got a bit of a hole to dig themselves out of.

I hadn't been following the standings. What the hell is with the Heat!?!?
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Nekov

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 02, 2021, 06:49:08 PM
Fred Van Vleet with 54 to break the franchise record. Hopefully the Raps have their shit together, though they've got a bit of a hole to dig themselves out of.

They had several covid 19 cases and played a lot of games with a severly depleted roster. They should be back to their old selves soon enough.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Nekov on February 02, 2021, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on February 02, 2021, 06:49:08 PM

They had several covid 19 cases and played a lot of games with a severly depleted roster. They should be back to their old selves soon enough.

Ahhh...

jingle.boy

'twas a good week for the Raps.  Leapfrogged Boston in the standings, and that's always a good thing.  Too bad they started the year in such a funk.  Team seems to be gelling, and they're finding out which of their bench players can fill the 6-9 spots.  Powell is a bonafide starter now.

Aefenwelg

Hell yeah, All-Star Zach LaVine! Turns out coaching is important

Lonk

All-Star game tonight, yet no excitement over it at all  :)

I was trying to look it up but are we still getting the Dunk Contest at the half time?

T-ski

Embiid and Simmons out of the All-Star game due to contract tracing.

Everyone knew this was a dumb idea, but you know, gotta get that tv money.

Lonk

Looks like they are doing all the events, just back to back. Unless they have an strict schedule, I'm expecting the game to be delayed because of the events before it. Still not sure how they are going to squeeze in the dunk contest at the Half time.

Quote from: T-ski on March 07, 2021, 10:50:07 AM
Embiid and Simmons out of the All-Star game due to contract tracing.

Everyone knew this was a dumb idea, but you know, gotta get that tv money.

Sucks for Embiid and Simmons. Looks like their personal barber tested positive.

KevShmev

Anyone else chuckling at Patrick Ewing throwing a fit over some guards at MSG not knowing who he is?  If you have to ask, "Don't they know who I am?", they probably don't.  :lol :lol

crazy climber dude

Quote from: KevShmev on March 13, 2021, 12:15:25 PM
Anyone else chuckling at Patrick Ewing throwing a fit over some guards at MSG not knowing who he is?  If you have to ask, "Don't they know who I am?", they probably don't.  :lol :lol

Yes, very funny rant. Of course, we know how Dolan handles former Knick players!  :rollin

TAC

The Celtics are due for a major shakeup. And I don't mean just the players.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on March 17, 2021, 06:23:02 PM
The Celtics are due for a major shakeup. And I don't mean just the players.

The youth wanted to run thr ship but they are no leaders.

T-ski

jingle.boy

crazy climber dude

I am very happy with the moves my Nuggets made (some double entendre if you read that another way!).  Hoping Gordon can help them compete with the Jazz, Clippers, Suns and mortally wounded Lakers come playoff time in the West. 

Nekov

Miami and the Nuggets made some good moves, and so sis the Bulls. It will be interesting to see how those new guys fit the current situation of those teams.
We still have the buyout market ahead so there will be some more movements. This second half should be quite interesting.

Lonk

If healthy, I can't see many teams challenging Brooklyn for the title. As someone from NY, who has been to plenty of Nets games since they moved to the city in 2012, I welcome a championship if they get there.

On the other hand, I don't like Harden and hope he doesn't win a championship  :biggrin: