Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48529 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Freak vs Flopper
« Reply #840 on: July 03, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »
LETS GO!!!!!!!!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline T-ski

« Reply #841 on: July 05, 2021, 08:53:57 AM »
Giannis may be available for game 1.  I hope they are 1000% sure because if that knee goes boom they’ll never hear the end of it.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #842 on: July 07, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Flopper 1, Freak 0

Phoenix got some friendly whistles in the first half and the Bucks had a bad third quarter.  At least Giannis didn’t seem to bothered by his knee. I’m still terrified that knee will go boom, but I’ve got to trust those involved in making the decisions.

On to game 2.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #843 on: July 12, 2021, 01:16:20 PM »
Great to see Giannis not only looking healthy but also looking like a completely unstoppable force of nature. This series is shaping up to be very interesting!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #844 on: July 14, 2021, 07:26:26 PM »
USA Basketball

With Jason Tatum...0-2
Without Jason Tatum...1-0

:rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #845 on: July 15, 2021, 03:18:09 PM »
Exciting Game 4. Booker went off but Giannis had an incredible block to help the Bucks tie it up.

Best of 3 now, can anyone win on the road?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #846 on: July 15, 2021, 03:27:10 PM »
Exciting Game 4. Booker went off but Giannis had an incredible block to help the Bucks tie it up.

Best of 3 now, can anyone win on the road?

I watched the last 10 minutes or so.  Good ending.  I don't really follow basketball and have no real reason to prefer either team, but I'm pulling for the Bucks, so I certainly hope they can get a road win whenever the next game is.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Bucks on the verge
« Reply #847 on: July 17, 2021, 09:44:30 PM »
His FT shooting is a travesty, but otherwise Giannis is just ridiculously good.  Bucks on the verge of taking the title.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #848 on: July 18, 2021, 08:34:28 AM »
I am ready.

Bucks in 6.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #849 on: July 19, 2021, 11:23:17 AM »
LOL Suns!  I stopped following basketball when the Suns went to the finals with Chicago 28 years ago and lost in game 7.  This time they go up 2-0 and drop 3 straight games.  They don't deserve to win the championship.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #850 on: July 20, 2021, 06:44:33 PM »
Hoping the Bucks win tonight and bring a title back to Milwaukee.  :coolio :coolio

Offline T-ski

« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2021, 10:23:58 PM »
You guys, I am teary eyed.

MILWAUKEE BUCKS, NBA CHAMPS!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #852 on: July 21, 2021, 04:57:44 AM »
I watched the last half of 4Q.  Impressive performance to hold them off.  Giannis is indeed a freak.  What a performance.

Congrats T-Ski.  I know the feeling.  Savour it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #853 on: July 21, 2021, 05:41:34 AM »
Giannis was a beast last night. Middleton and Holiday had great games too.

Fucking Crowder missed two WIDE OPEN threes in the fourth quarter.

Congrats Bucks!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #854 on: July 21, 2021, 05:46:24 AM »
You guys, I am teary eyed.

MILWAUKEE BUCKS, NBA CHAMPS!

Congrats!!

Epic performance by Giannis.  :eek :eek :eek

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Congrats to Giannis and the Bucks!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: July 21, 2021, 08:00:00 AM »
Fucking Crowder missed two WIDE OPEN threes in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, there was one late that would've made it what... a 5 point game with about 3 to go?  They never got closer than 6 after that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline crazy climber dude

His (Giannis) performance made especially remarkable by two things in particular:

- He not only was 16-25 from the field in a closeout game, but was 17-19 from the free throw line! This, in spite of his recent struggles and liability as a "hack a tokounmpo" in other games.....and the road game "countdown". His ability to focus through that, and then come up with a close to 90% percentage is a HUGE tribute to his mental toughness.....as well as commitment to improving.

- When you saw his knee being bent back like that just 3 weeks ago....and to lead his team the way he did against the favored Suns....is absolutely remarkable. A testament to the pliability of youth to be sure.....but primarily to his will and character.

He was also a big factor in their 4 wins with PASSING. He was reading the double team before it materialized, and then finding (the right) guys quickly to not allow the Suns to rotate back. Once again.....HUGE!

Finally, I love his laying down the gauntlet to other teams/players that have gone the (or are going to) "join/form a superteam" route. You absolutely get to crow about how you did it with your original team when you have such a great performance. All hail the Freak :hefdaddy. He's already a two time MVP in the league, now a Finals MVP. And now he will never have to think about being a Karl Malone, John Stockton, or Charles Barkley (elite players without a championship). He and his team have the ring, and my sense is.....he's not done. 

Offline romdrums

I'm not a huge fan of basketball, but I found an interesting bit of trivia last night.  Under David Stern's tenure as commissioner, from 1984-2014, 8 teams combined to win the championships, with Dallas being the only team that didn't win multiple titles.  Since Adam Silver took over in 2014, 5 different teams have won an NBA title, and 4 of those teams were either first time champions (Cleveland and Toronto) or teams that haven't won a championship since the 70's (Milwaukee and Golden State). 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

I'm not a huge fan of basketball, but I found an interesting bit of trivia last night.  Under David Stern's tenure as commissioner, from 1984-2014, 8 teams combined to win the championships, with Dallas being the only team that didn't win multiple titles.  Since Adam Silver took over in 2014, 5 different teams have won an NBA title, and 4 of those teams were either first time champions (Cleveland and Toronto) or teams that haven't won a championship since the 70's (Milwaukee and Golden State).

There's a bit of discussion about that in this thread:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56450.0
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Finally, I love his laying down the gauntlet to other teams/players that have gone the (or are going to) "join/form a superteam" route. You absolutely get to crow about how you did it with your original team when you have such a great performance. All hail the Freak :hefdaddy. He's already a two time MVP in the league, now a Finals MVP. And now he will never have to think about being a Karl Malone, John Stockton, or Charles Barkley (elite players without a championship). He and his team have the ring, and my sense is.....he's not done.

Not sure if I think they will be a "one and done" championship team or not.  The East isn't as tough as the West to get through, so that helps future roads to the finals. 

Offline T-ski

Giannis “stole” the Finals and MVP trophies and went to Chik-fil-a to order a 50 piece nugget and it was glorious.

https://youtu.be/NPLAXPD50DQ

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Giannis “stole” the Finals and MVP trophies and went to Chik-fil-a to order a 50 piece nugget and it was glorious.

That's actually really cool  :lol

Offline pg1067

Half Sprite/half lemonade?  Blech!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So apparently Vin Diesel was driving the bus during the championship parade.  Holy fuck was that guy haulin ass.  What a drag for the fans.  Hope nobody blinked!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/championship-parade-or-not-driver-of-milwaukee-bucks-bus-has-a-schedule-to-keep/ar-AAMrI0Z

Offline T-ski

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
That's cool.  He seems like a really genuine, humble guy, which is rare for someone in his position.  I hope he never loses that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline T-ski

NBA, trying to get back to their normal schedule, has their draft tonight and free agency starts Monday August 2nd.

Could be a wild few days.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Is it time for a new thread? I haven't been following the off season and just saw Westbrook is on the Lakers now? That might be good to take some load off of Lebron, but I expect that it won't work. We shall see