Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48548 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. LeBron being clutch again
« Reply #700 on: May 26, 2021, 06:41:54 AM »
A local writer today asked if Jayson Tatum is the next Carmelo Anthony?

Boy what a shit storm on Twitter from that story.

Oh, so Tatum is going to be a prolific scorer who can't do anything else and never wins anything notable in the NBA? Bummer.

I know you would. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #701 on: May 28, 2021, 11:21:52 AM »
Well poop, Bucks just lost Donte Divencenzo for the rest of the playoffs.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #702 on: May 28, 2021, 09:14:22 PM »
NBA officiating needs an overhaul.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline T-ski

« Reply #703 on: May 29, 2021, 02:01:19 PM »
Bucks sweep.

Bring on the Nets.

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #704 on: May 29, 2021, 05:37:03 PM »
Bucks sweep.

Bring on the Nets.

I hope they cut them down.....in a figuratively speaking, double-entendre fashion of course.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #705 on: May 31, 2021, 04:23:17 PM »
The Celtics are pussies. Fuck Jason Tatum.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2021, 06:15:49 PM »
Danny is the issue. He built this soft team.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #707 on: June 01, 2021, 08:14:48 PM »
Let’s Go Nets!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline dparrott

« Reply #708 on: June 01, 2021, 08:35:21 PM »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #709 on: June 02, 2021, 06:00:58 AM »
Let’s Go Nets!

Let’s Go Nets!

Yessir!  :metal :metal :metal

:\

What a performance by Dame last night. That guy is a beast and doesn't get enough recognition for what he does.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: June 02, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »
It's hard to like Kyrie.  What he did during his time in Boston, what he did before heading to Boston.  What he said when the bottle was thrown at him.  He poured gasoline over an issue, that while extremely important, had nothing to do with an individual 21 year old white knucklehead. his actions while here, him ducking out the 1st game back in Boston, how he left here is why there is hate for Kyrie, not because of his skin color. 

I do get following a team in your area.  I just don't like him personally.

There's my rant.  End/ 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #711 on: June 02, 2021, 08:22:24 AM »
Ainge is out.
Stevens is the new head of B-ball ops.
Celts looking for a new coach.

WOW!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: June 02, 2021, 09:03:55 AM »
Ainge is out.
Stevens is the new head of B-ball ops.
Celts looking for a new coach.

WOW!!

Not shocked with how the team responded this year.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. Jokic the best superstar not talked about
« Reply #713 on: June 02, 2021, 09:21:25 AM »
Agreed. The Celtics need some changes on the court as well as off it. I like that Stevens remains there but in a different role. The players probably need to hear a different voice, but he already knows the team and what they need in order to get better. Rumors are that they are looking at Jason Kidd and Lloyd Pierce as potential replacements. Not sure that is the right way to go.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2021, 10:01:20 AM »
I'm not sure about Stevens as the GM.  He's never been in that position before.  Getting kids to play on your college team is not the same as a GM.  Now a head coach is interesting.  Are they looking for a players coach or one that more ridged like Belichick style.  Interesting to talk about.

« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
Oh yeah....as a Nuggets fan I appreciate the transition to honor Jokic. I have seen almost every game he's played, and he's amazing. He's not just the best passing big man in the game....he might be the best passer at any position.  And he's stepped up his scoring prowess big time this season. So much more prone to asserting himself in that area.....whereas before he was just comfortable passing the ball. I remember several games where he only had one basket.....and he didn't care as long as his team won.

Just not a high flyer, so he's not going to have the same appeal on Sportscenter.

That said, WOW.....another guy on that list of underappreciated is Damian Lillard. What an INCREDIBLE performance he put on last night. You can watch the highlights....but really you would have had to see it as it was happening to appreciate the context of just how amazing. :o

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #716 on: June 02, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »
Oh yeah....as a Nuggets fan I appreciate the transition to honor Jokic. I have seen almost every game he's played, and he's amazing. He's not just the best passing big man in the game....he might be the best passer at any position.  And he's stepped up his scoring prowess big time this season. So much more prone to asserting himself in that area.....whereas before he was just comfortable passing the ball. I remember several games where he only had one basket.....and he didn't care as long as his team won.

Just not a high flyer, so he's not going to have the same appeal on Sportscenter.

I don't watch much these days, but my older brother does, and raves about Jokic constantly, so I figured it was time for a thread title update.  :coolio

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #717 on: June 02, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »
Well at least the Knicks got 1 playoff win
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #718 on: June 02, 2021, 09:36:05 PM »
Jokic gonna be the least heralded MVP we've had in a while.

Also: Georgia born and bred my whole life so I'm loving Trae Young's stone-cold villain performance at MSG. Philly will wreck the Hawks overall next series, but I'm really interested to watch Ben Simmons defending Ice Trae.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #719 on: June 02, 2021, 10:46:51 PM »
Well at least the Knicks got 1 playoff win

I called this when all of the Knicks fans on social media were being salty about the other local teams wishing both them and the Nets luck in the playoffs, saying that the Knicks are the only New York basketball team that matters. The Knicks have a bright future but they weren’t quite ready for the big time yet this year. With that said, six of the nine NYC Metro area teams are either playoff contenders or trending up (sorry Jets, Giants, and Devils), so it’s a good time to be a New York sports fan.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline dparrott

« Reply #720 on: June 03, 2021, 12:17:24 AM »
Uh, yea, what was that about "Brooklyn Sucks"?  :lol :loser:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. Luka the future GOAT
« Reply #721 on: June 05, 2021, 07:32:32 AM »
Crazy fact:

With the Lakers now eliminated, this year's finals will be the first since 1990 to not have one of the following:

MJ
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
LeBron
Steph

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #722 on: June 05, 2021, 08:10:45 AM »
 :o :omg:

Another fun fact: besides Dallas, west teams that are left have never won a championship. And from the east, the last time it was 1983 (Phi)

Offline T-ski

« Reply #723 on: June 08, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »
Watching the Bucks forget how to play basketball against the Nets is mind boggling.

Three straight years of disappointment for Milwaukee, I’m expecting wholesale changes this off season.

« Reply #724 on: June 08, 2021, 12:33:06 PM »
Nuggets blow a 10 point lead mid way through the third quarter.....and end up getting blown out.  :facepalm:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #725 on: June 08, 2021, 05:00:18 PM »
Jokic won the MVP

« Reply #726 on: June 08, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »
Jokic won the MVP
Which is awesome and SO richly deserved. However, I think if you asked him RIGHT NOW whether he would trade that award in for a championship......he wouldn't hesitate saying yes.

I will double down on that and say.....if they lose this series to Phoenix, this award will seem anticlimactic.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. Nets making a mockery out of the Bucks
« Reply #727 on: June 08, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »
So basically there is no point in watching the rest of these playoffs (not that I have watched much anyway, why would I watch this when hockey is on?). as the Nets should coast to the title.  I mean, they are missing James Harden, who is in the opinion of most a top 5 player or so, and they are still destroying Milwaukee.  What a joke.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #728 on: June 08, 2021, 06:25:18 PM »
That's a statement on Milwaukee.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #729 on: June 08, 2021, 06:31:18 PM »

Nope. That is a statement on their management.   This league is won on super teams. Go over the last 10 plus years. Giannis needs help.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 06:36:45 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #730 on: June 08, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »

Nope. That is a statement on their management.   This league is won on super teams. Go over the ksst 10 plus years. Giannis needs help.

No way. Giannis has no sac. He's a taller Tatum.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: June 08, 2021, 06:38:06 PM »
No one superstar wins a championship in this league. Hell, Bird needed other to win.

You need a superstar. But you also need others. Ask Jordan.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #732 on: June 08, 2021, 07:56:50 PM »
Giannis is awesome.  It's just hard to dominate and win deep in the playoffs when you are not a shooter and without a legit number 2 star.  It is now a shooters league.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #733 on: June 08, 2021, 08:54:56 PM »
The new thread title hurts deeply.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #734 on: June 10, 2021, 09:47:00 AM »
A couple of observations from Bucks v. Nets:

1. The Bucks should be ashamed of themselves. I know the players are playing hard. But if you cancel out Irving/Durant with Giannis/Middleton (obviously edge to Nets), the key is the Bucks bench. And the bench is just not producing. Both teams are essentially eight-man rotations right now. And the three guys coming off the Nets bench (Shamet, James, Claxton) are simply taking Portis, Forbes and Connaughton to task. NO WAY do the Bucks have a chance if they don't win the bench.

2. Shooting slumps happen. But Middleton is in a tough spot. Giannis, however, is 2-10 from the line. YOU CAN'T SHOOT 2-10 from the charity stripe. I mean, yeah, Shaq did it, but that was a different era. Giannis has to not only get to the line at least 10 times PER GAME (aka, just drive, if you get hit, you get hit, bust through the double teams), he has to convert 7-10 at a minimum.

3. Credit the Nets defense. A lot of effort being exerted on that end, and it is frustrating the Bucks.

>>>>I am not sure how the Bucks climb out of a 2-0 hole against this team and win the series. I fully expect the Bucks to win tonight. But Giannis is going to have to drive and get fouled and they need to slow the pace. Old school will get the Bucks out of this. But they need to drive, sacrifice their bodies, get fouled, and get to the line. Defense, free throw shooting, etc.

Hope they can do it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!