Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48533 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - Harden to play with "Earth is flat" guy
« Reply #665 on: March 29, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »
The Celtics are a cluster fuck.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #666 on: March 29, 2021, 07:57:42 PM »
That second half was fucked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: March 30, 2021, 06:48:43 AM »

I haven't been watching their games but based on the results things look ugly. What is going on with them on the court? Are things not flowing the way they did in previous years?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #668 on: March 30, 2021, 07:22:09 AM »

I haven't been watching their games but based on the results things look ugly. What is going on with them on the court? Are things not flowing the way they did in previous years?

The 2 young stars are carrying the team but they can't close the 4th quarters.  They leave everyone else open and no one can hit a shot when it's crunch time.  The need a true 3rd scorer.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #669 on: March 30, 2021, 07:55:47 AM »

Raptors:  Hold my beer.

I feel bad for Lowry that they couldn't pull off a deal to send him to a contender.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline T-ski

« Reply #670 on: March 30, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »
Tatum isn’t good enough to carry a team, it’s possible he gets there but I personally don’t see it. Ainge has been to stingy in trying to add pieces and now they’re starting to tread water.

Raps got their championship and lost too many pieces since. I doubt Lowry was going to get much in return as an expiring so I assume Ujiri had a set return in mind and no one offered what he wanted.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #671 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »
Raps got their championship and lost too many pieces since. I doubt Lowry was going to get much in return as an expiring so I assume Ujiri had a set return in mind and no one offered what he wanted.

Rumours were the Heat or 76rs.  He would've been a good as a rental to either, but for different reasons.  I highly doubt he'll sign with the Raps again, so the only return the team will get is the final games this season.  Even if they make the play in, they aren't going anywhere.  I'm not so concerned about the 'return' on a trade, but it would've been nice to see him have another chance somewhere, cuz he ain't gettin it here
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #672 on: March 30, 2021, 07:43:29 PM »

The 2 young stars are carrying the team but they can't close the 4th quarters.  They leave everyone else open and no one can hit a shot when it's crunch time.  The need a true 3rd scorer.

Gordon Hayward?  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2021, 08:03:54 PM »
He felt cursed here. Didn't he?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:07 PM »
Didn't Kyrie throw him that lob in Cleveland? Fuck Kyrie!  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2021, 08:11:21 PM »
Kyrie is mentally unstable

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »
Hayward is physically unstable. :lol

Texting hockey, posting basketball! :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2021, 08:20:43 PM »
We are wickid pissa.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2021, 08:24:53 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2021, 08:34:25 PM »
That asshole. Lol

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #680 on: April 01, 2021, 11:35:59 AM »
Lowry would have been perfect in Philly -- and would have given them enough on both ends of the court to *possibly* hang with the Nets. Now Brooklyn just looks unbeatable, assuming Durant comes back healthy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #681 on: April 01, 2021, 03:33:03 PM »
It'll be a great look for the NBA when the giant asshole known as Kevin Durant comes back and wins the title months after his offensive comments in a Twitter DM fight with a 3rd rate actor who was talking a little smack to him.  He is easily in the conversation for most unlikable superstar in team sports since I've been born (when taking homerism and hating players cause they are on rivals out of it, which is hard to do for many).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2021, 06:03:06 AM »
I suspect it won't get covered by the media a lot today, and if it does it will largely be excused, but LeBron's tweet yesterday (that he later deleted) was awful, and I would imagine he lost a lot of fans after that.  And even more people will tune out of watching the NBA.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2021, 06:37:53 AM »
I suspect it won't get covered by the media a lot today, and if it does it will largely be excused, but LeBron's tweet yesterday (that he later deleted) was awful, and I would imagine he lost a lot of fans after that.  And even more people will tune out of watching the NBA.

The divide is so wide right now it's scary.  Social media can be instant gratification for a lot of news but people need to get all the facts and give it time before posting something that serious.  He could be construed as saying get that cop ect. 

Though Kev, I don't think we would hear a big outcry like we would with say, Brett Farve if he said it.  Maybe I'm wrong but i think people are afraid to call him out.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2021, 06:42:50 AM »

The divide is so wide right now it's scary.  Social media can be instant gratification for a lot of news but people need to get all the facts and give it time before posting something that serious.  He could be construed as saying get that cop ect. 

Though Kev, I don't think we would hear a big outcry like we would with say, Brett Farve if he said it.  Maybe I'm wrong but i think people are afraid to call him out.

Yep, and this is why I said the other day in the chat thread that I had no hope for things getting better despite the Chauvin verdict.  It's not even two days and people are already off the rails in both directions about anything and everything.  No one is happy about anything.  And we have politicians and the media continuing to play the divide and conquer game, while dopes like LeBron fire up his 50 million followers with inane tweets.  We are so f'd as a society.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2021, 06:53:36 AM »

Yup. Apparently the cop should be held accountable for saving a girl's life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lebron-james-explains-deleted-tweet-about-police-shooting-of-ma-khia-bryant/ar-BB1fVJFQ?li=BBnbcA1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »
Disgraceful.  Took a quick glance on YT to see if a few notable shows talked about it today on the major sports cable channels.  Was not talked about on PTI (shocking) or The Herd (but Colin rarely talks about stuff like that on his show, even if he does a bit more than he used to), but was on Around the Horn (where LeBron was basically given a pass), First Take (did not watch it as I cannot take listening to Screaming A or Max Kellerman, but saw it was a topic) and Speak for Yourself. I thought the Speak for Yourself segment was very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda7hpmeUGc

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2021, 07:26:32 PM »
Isn't it sad that all those shows decided to stay away from this subject?  Both sides need to reign it in but it looks like the media will not address it.

Extremism is killing this country. 

Offline dparrott

« Reply #688 on: May 13, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »
Tonight is the last game the Miami Heat will play in their Vice uniform series.   :'(  I'm so depressed over it, I loved it so much.  But they say the next city jersey will be even better.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #689 on: May 19, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »
caught the games yesterday, Tatum had a monster game to lock in the Celtics, just not sure how far they will get.

Lakers - GSW game should be fun today.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA 2020-2021 - v. LeBron being clutch again
« Reply #690 on: May 20, 2021, 06:10:26 AM »
Awesome clutch shot by LeBron James.  I don't like the guy nearly as much after his inane tweet last month, but dude is just a beast on the basketball court.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #691 on: May 23, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
Was really hoping the Knicks could pull the win, but at the end of the day I think they were lucky to keep the game so close. I don't understand what they were going for with some of those plays.

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #692 on: May 25, 2021, 09:53:11 AM »
Nuggets-Blazers Game 2 was a bit chippy. Very physical, a few technicals/flagrant fouls, and lots of yelling at refs and each other. Definitely had more of a true playoff atmosphere. Lillard and Jokic both showed why they are at the top of the heap. But unlike Game 1, the other starters and bench players for the Nuggets played much better. Putting Aaron Gordon on Lillard in the second half had some impact on his production (after torching the Nuggets in esp. the second quarter)....though I'm not sure that's a game long/series long solution.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #693 on: May 25, 2021, 02:54:36 PM »
I’m hoping the Bucks have learned form the last two post seasons and so far, so good.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #694 on: May 25, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »
Most NBA seasons, the playoffs start and you can point to three or four teams and say, "One of those teams will win the title," and you will almost always be right.  That does not appear to be the case this season.  Even the season-long Vegas favorites have major problems (Lakers - James not healthy, Anthony Davis was hurt and having his worst season; Nets - suck on defense and the three main stars have not played much together).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: May 25, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »
A local writer today asked if Jayson Tatum is the next Carmelo Anthony?

Boy what a shit storm on Twitter from that story.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #696 on: May 25, 2021, 08:50:12 PM »
I predicted a 120-80 loss. It was 130 to 108.
Close enough lol.

Is there anyone on the Celtics roster that is actually pissed? Their coaching staff? Front office? crickets...I thought so..

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #697 on: May 26, 2021, 05:22:31 AM »
2 years ago Kyrie said that he never heard anything racist the 2 years he was in Boston.

Now his 1st game with fans in the stands he lobs that bomb.  So was he lying 2 years ago or trying to change the narrative of the fans for the next game?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #698 on: May 26, 2021, 06:15:51 AM »
A local writer today asked if Jayson Tatum is the next Carmelo Anthony?

Boy what a shit storm on Twitter from that story.

Oh, so Tatum is going to be a prolific scorer who can't do anything else and never wins anything notable in the NBA? Bummer.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #699 on: May 26, 2021, 06:37:48 AM »
I love how wide open the playoffs are this year, although I hate that injuries will likely have a significant impact on quite a few teams. I'm genuinely curious to see how the Nets hold up. They're healthy now, but during the regular season they couldn't go more than a week without some kind of issue.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!