Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48211 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NBA thread 2019-2020 - V. MJ still bitter about Bad Boys beatdowns
« Reply #525 on: September 20, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
I was at my buddy's camp so I couldn't watch the game.  Still saw that a double digit lead was down to 5 at the end of the 4th quarter.
Yeah, almost gagged another one away, but they played much better.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2020, 08:05:34 PM »
Tatum ZERO FUCKING POINTS in the first half tonight!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »
Not sure if the Celtics realize but if the opponent takes a shot and misses, it's OK to grab the ball...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #528 on: September 24, 2020, 06:51:51 AM »
Very disappointed in the C's.  The lightbulb went on too late to win this game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #529 on: September 24, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »

It was the best of Tatums; it was the worst of Tatums.  A tale of two Tatum's if you will.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #530 on: September 24, 2020, 09:24:16 AM »

It was the best of Tatums; it was the worst of Tatums.  A tale of two Tatum's if you will.

Absolutely.  though, the whole team seemed to be in a funk on both sides of the ball.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline T-ski

« Reply #531 on: September 24, 2020, 09:31:18 AM »

I know Tatum is young, but I feel he’ll be this type of player his whole career. I just don’t see him being a superstar.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2020, 11:59:30 PM »
HEEEEEEAAATT!!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal  Against my local Lakers!  I'm gonna wear my Heat gear proudly.

Of course, the Heat has to play the Lakers in a finals in a bubble when I can't see them live.  >:(

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2020, 05:56:01 AM »
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but it warmed my heart to see the Celtics get eliminated.

Still luv ya Tim/Joe.  Just hate your teams.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2020, 07:30:00 AM »
LOL.  The one thing that you could count on the C's was their defense.  They seemed to lose the intensity defensively which is a credit to the Heat. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2020, 07:33:00 AM »
LOL.  The one thing that you could count on the C's was their defense.  They seemed to lose the intensity defensively which is a credit to the Heat.

They started losing their cool.....again...late in the game.

Miami's good, man.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: October 01, 2020, 06:02:51 AM »
Lakers 4-0  :metal

Offline dparrott

« Reply #537 on: October 04, 2020, 11:36:34 PM »
Heat ain't dead yet!!!

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: October 05, 2020, 05:21:20 AM »
I only caught the last 1/2 of the 4th, but man alive, Jimmy was on fire!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2020, 02:01:33 PM »
Yea it doesn't look good for the Heat now. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Miami looks good for the next few seasons, as long as injuries don’t get in the way and they keep the main players.

It’s been a hell of a year, but the Lakers deserve this.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
 :corn

Offline dparrott

« Reply #542 on: October 09, 2020, 10:27:25 PM »
Heat still alive!!! Butler with another triple double and 47 minutes!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2020, 06:07:20 AM »
Heat still alive!!! Butler with another triple double and 47 minutes!!!  :metal :metal :metal :metal

I skipped out on the game last night.  Danny Green... oh my.   :lol  What a brick that last shot was.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
LeBron refusing to take the last shot again is so on point.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »
Looking bad for the Heat. Down 28 at the half.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2020, 07:21:12 PM »
Ya know they’re in trouble when Danny Green is splashing 3s

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »
Ya know you're in trouble when the team goes back to the hotel to pack during halftime.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: October 11, 2020, 07:31:39 PM »
It's done.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #549 on: October 12, 2020, 12:18:11 AM »
One bad quarter kills the whole game.   :'(  Still a kick ass squad that could have won it all.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #550 on: October 12, 2020, 10:26:54 PM »
It sucks that the Heat had injuries steal from them the chance to complete one of the most miraculous title runs in big 4 sports history but at the very least the main beneficiary of it was Lebron James who had to deal with being on the other end of that to an even worse extent in 2015 when Kevin Love was injured before the finals even started and Kyrie was gone permanently after game 1 yet LBJ still somehow led the Cavs to a 2-1 lead before losing in 6.

I really hope he gets 6 titles as well cuz I'm so tired of MJ fanboys and I'll love laughing at them when they sound like morons saying "6-0 in the finals bruh!" as though it's somehow better that MJ's 7th through 12th best seasons ended before the finals as opposed to losing in them.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #551 on: October 13, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
It sucks that the Heat had injuries steal from them the chance to complete one of the most miraculous title runs in big 4 sports history but at the very least the main beneficiary of it was Lebron James who had to deal with being on the other end of that to an even worse extent in 2015 when Kevin Love was injured before the finals even started and Kyrie was gone permanently after game 1 yet LBJ still somehow led the Cavs to a 2-1 lead before losing in 6.

I really hope he gets 6 titles as well cuz I'm so tired of MJ fanboys and I'll love laughing at them when they sound like morons saying "6-0 in the finals bruh!" as though it's somehow better that MJ's 7th through 12th best seasons ended before the finals as opposed to losing in them.

Jordan was amazing, but if he never retired, the chances of him never losing in the Finals are close to zero. The 94-95 Rockets, 99 Spurs, and 00-02 Lakers all would have been very tough matchups for the Bulls. Even though I doubt he cared at the time, him retiring twice ended up helping him from a legacy perspective, IMO.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: October 13, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
I agree with you, but for different reasons.  I think they could've handled the Rockets.  Come '99, if the Bulls had pulled of 7 straight, the drive/fire would likely be dwindling, and the Duncan/Admiral combo would've been next to impossible... same with the Shaq/Kobe tandem.  Father time would've caught up to the Bulls key players by then - including MJ himself.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #553 on: October 19, 2020, 08:52:02 PM »
I think 4 or 5 in a row was the absolute most you could've expected from the Bulls no matter who was on their team or facing them in the finals. As y'all already stated, the break in the middle of the 3peats rejuventated them. Obviously Phil and Pippen less than MJ since he actually got time away from the game in something far less physically demanding.

But for Phil, he got a nice reality check of what it's like to be in danger of never winning another title by having that setback in '94. He was a damn good coach but if he never gets MJ back then who knows if he wins another title at any point prior to when the Lakers hired him into that dream setup of having Shaq and Kobe at his disposal. Then, do the Lakers hire him in '99 if he isn't one year removed from a second 3peat? Maybe there were other coaches equally (or more) attractive for the position if he's then 6 years separated from his most recent title. Hell, maybe he ends up leaving the Bulls in '95 or '96 after 2 or 3 straight title-less seasons without MJ and is coaching somewhere else, in a front office position, broadcasting, or in some kind of soft retirement for a while waiting to see what he wants to do next.

For Pippen, he got the opportunity run the team on his own which in the long run probably took some of the edge off of any feelings of being stuck in MJ's shadow he may have had.

Had they just continued to win number 4 and possibly 5, I could see Phil maybe retiring earlier or moving on to another challenge. He's got that new age mentality and doesn't seem to be of the typical dick measuring mindset that typical players and coaches are so I think the boredom of feeling like every year is a foregone conclusion may have made him lose interest. And yes, this contradicts what I said earlier about him getting a reality check and possibly never winning another title but the difference is that if he were to feel like he were going out on his own terms it'd be a little different and that doesn't happen with MJ being the first to get out and Phil losing in the '94 EC semifinals.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline dparrott

« Reply #554 on: October 21, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
Nets throwback jersey for next season.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #555 on: October 21, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »
Fuck, that's N I C E.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #556 on: November 11, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
NBA off season about to get nuts. Draft next week and free agency a couple of days after and now reports Westbrook wants out of Houston.

Should be a fun couple of weeks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NBA thread 2019-2020 / 2020-2021?
« Reply #557 on: November 14, 2020, 08:30:57 AM »
Not a Lakers fan, but it was cool seeing LeBron win a 4th ring.

We'll see if they can make a 2020-2021 season work. With COVID out of control at the moment, seems almost impossible, but there is a lot of money to be lost if they do not play.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: November 15, 2020, 05:54:38 AM »
Not a Lakers fan, but it was cool seeing LeBron win a 4th ring.

We'll see if they can make a 2020-2021 season work. With COVID out of control at the moment, seems almost impossible, but there is a lot of money to be lost if they do not play.

Paradoxically, there's also a lot of money to be lost if they *do* play (without ticket revenue).  Really can't see how they (or the NHL) can play in front of fans given indoor venues.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
Not sure there are any Thunder fans on here, but man, Presti is a genius. Although he fumbled by shipping off Harden years ago, I don't think he's made one bad trade since. The first round pick, salary relief, and haul of various complimentary players he got for Chris Paul was another master stroke. Really impressed.

The Suns get their floor general so Booker can be who Booker is -- a scoring machine. Phoenix, if Paul stays healthy (and given he played 70 games last year, I think he will), is going to be a tough team to beat next year. Wow.

Expecting my Timberwolves to either trade the #1 pick, or just draft Edwards. They won't bring Ball to Minny, nor Wiseman. I think they'd prefer to bring in a veteran third scoring option at SG. But if the right trade doesn't happen, I think they'll be comfortable drafting Edwards, who should bring some great scoring and energy to the team, and be the team's third offensive option.

Ultimately, I think a three-team trade of Houston-Brooklyn-Minnesota is the way to go, somehow. The Wolves want Caris Levert (who is one of my favorite players in the league). I can see a situation (without running the numbers) where Houston trades Westbrook to Brooklyn for Levert, Allen, and some other pieces, and some of that is flipped to Minnesota for the #1, along with some future pick(s).

Can't wait for the draft, but the trade of Chris Paul was exciting.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com