Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 - v. 2021 Finals: Milwaukee and Giannis rule the basketball world  (Read 48218 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: NBA thread 2019-2020
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 03:26:43 AM »
The Los Angeles Angels of Texarkana
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »
Or the New York Giants and Jets from New Jersey.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 08:36:13 AM »
Prediction for the Timberwolves: 38-44. Towns takes a jump, and Culver is a dark horse candidate for ROY. But the West is too strong to really make a push. I think at best, the team can get just over .500 at 42-39, but even if the ball bounces their way, and everyone is healthy, the West is just too strong for the Wolves, as CURRENTLY constructed, to get up into the top-8.

I wouldn't put a trade for D'Angelo Russell as impossible. Once Klay comes back, what they really need is a SF, not a backcourt player. I could see GS trading D-Lo to the Wolves for Robert Covington (who is an ideal SF for the Dubs, and a great defender with shooting range), one of the young wings the Wolves have (Okogie, most likely, if he plays well), and a lottery protected first rounder. But that assumes that Klay is healthy and playing at the deadline, which is not clear. Could also happen in the offseason.

But overall, I think a .500 season is a good year for my Pups this year. They have implemented a modern offense, but don't have the personnel for it to really take off yet. It's going to take time.

Happy start to the season folks. Wolves tip on Wednesday evening in Brooklyn.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 08:44:56 AM »
I wouldn't put a trade for D'Angelo Russell as impossible. Once Klay comes back, what they really need is a SF, not a backcourt player. I could see GS trading D-Lo to the Wolves for Robert Covington (who is an ideal SF for the Dubs, and a great defender with shooting range), one of the young wings the Wolves have (Okogie, most likely, if he plays well), and a lottery protected first rounder. But that assumes that Klay is healthy and playing at the deadline, which is not clear. Could also happen in the offseason.

That's an interesting take.  Hadn't thought of that, but it kinda makes sense. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »

At first glance, it wouldn't work... salaries don't match.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline T-ski

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
time to take the hoofs off and get to work.  Fear the Deer.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »

At first glance, it wouldn't work... salaries don't match.

They'll have to be creative. The Wolves now employ the guy who invented the ESPN Trade Machine. Covington, pieces, and a pick will work.

Or...

Covington and Teague are roughly 30 million. D.Lo is what, 25 mil? So a five million role player from GS. WOlves throw in a protected first.

Covington gives the Ws the SF they need, Teague is a 6th man backup pg that they could use as well. And his deal is expiring, so he's a rental.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »
Board Man stepped up last night. After that ferocious start by the Lakers, Leonard did what he does. That guy is so damn impressive. Clippers are really deep. They don't even have PG-13 yet, and they're just killer. Patrick Beverley plays with that old school mentality I love.

Raps got the win, but note to Coach Nurse - Norm Powell shouldn't be taking 28 ft. three-pointers to win a game.  :lol I mean broken plays happen, but that ball should be in the hands of Lowry, Siakam, or Van Fleet -- in that order. Overall, Raps look solid. I think they'll win 50 games in the east. Probably lose in the second round. Leonard jumping ship isn't going to hurt them in the first 82 games, but without a closer (and none of those guys really feel like one to me) getting through the playoffs will be too much. Particularly with Philly, Milwaukee and Boston in those top three slots.

The Pels looked OK to me. Could be a long season, particularly out west. I see them in the 35-win range, with Zion, who will make the rest of their offense come a lot easier. That kid Alexander-White is Kobe-level trigger happy, but 1-10 really hurt the team. But he looks like he'll be a really good player as he develops.

Wolves in Brooklyn tonight!  :metal

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 08:11:15 AM »
I did not see them game, but the Clipper's bench looks impressive on paper scoring 60 points vs Lakers bench scoring 19 points. Danny Green had a good game though.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 08:25:27 AM »
Nurse is gonna have to switch gears from 'playoff' coaching.  Ain't no way he can get away with only play 8 players on an even SEMI-regular basis.  45 mins (yes, it was an OT game) from both Lowry and VanVleet ain't gonna work.  He's gotta start getting real minutes from spots 8-13.

Still a good win, coming off the emotions of the ring and banner ceremony.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 08:51:49 AM »
Board Man stepped up last night. After that ferocious start by the Lakers, Leonard did what he does. That guy is so damn impressive. Clippers are really deep. They don't even have PG-13 yet, and they're just killer. Patrick Beverley plays with that old school mentality I love.

Our second unit really didn't carry the same energy to start the 2nd qtr, and things just went downhill from there. I've to say our overall team performance is still fine though, and we just need a bit more gelling. Don't forget both Kuz and Rondo were out vs the Clippers too. Speaking of the Clippers, they have always been a great defensive minded team, and I was not surprised by their comeback at all. Again, it is still just the first game of the season, and neither team is really in the mid-season form; things should get better and more interesting by Dec. between us two.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
Raps got the win, but note to Coach Nurse - Norm Powell shouldn't be taking 28 ft. three-pointers to win a game.  :lol I mean broken plays happen, but that ball should be in the hands of Lowry, Siakam, or Van Fleet -- in that order. Overall, Raps look solid. I think they'll win 50 games in the east. Probably lose in the second round. Leonard jumping ship isn't going to hurt them in the first 82 games, but without a closer (and none of those guys really feel like one to me) getting through the playoffs will be too much. Particularly with Philly, Milwaukee and Boston in those top three slots.

Can't disagree with anything here.  I think they have a chance to get to 50 wins, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Not unless A) Anonuby improves similarly to how Siakim did last year.  He doesn't need to win Most Improved, but he has to be a legitimately and consistent threat if Siakim is going to be the #1 guy up front.  B) to my last post, they need to be able to count on some kind of meaningful production from the end of the bench. Lastly, they have to avoid injuries - and with 3 of the top 6 being in their 30s, that's not automatic

P.S.  It's VanVleet... I made the same mistake consistently in the past.  ;)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »
Nurse is gonna have to switch gears from 'playoff' coaching.  Ain't no way he can get away with only play 8 players on an even SEMI-regular basis.  45 mins (yes, it was an OT game) from both Lowry and VanVleet ain't gonna work.  He's gotta start getting real minutes from spots 8-13.

Still a good win, coming off the emotions of the ring and banner ceremony.

I was really shocked at his short rotation. Agreed. No way that is going to work.

Wait, Fred's last name is VanVLEET? Really? I've been mis-seeing it on his jersey?  :lol Christ I'm old.  :rollin

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 09:23:16 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:facepalm: :loser:

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »

Our second unit really didn't carry the same energy to start the 2nd qtr, and things just went downhill from there. I've to say our overall team performance is still fine though, and we just need a bit more gelling. Don't forget both Kuz and Rondo were out vs the Clippers too. Speaking of the Clippers, they have always been a great defensive minded team, and I was not surprised by their comeback at all. Again, it is still just the first game of the season, and neither team is really in the mid-season form; things should get better and more interesting by Dec. between us two.

I know it's only the first game, but what is worrying to me is that both Lebron and AD disappeared during the 4th quarter, and weren't really impressive during the 3rd either, though that was fine because Green was on fire.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2019, 11:56:58 PM »
I know it's only the first game, but what is worrying to me is that both Lebron and AD disappeared during the 4th quarter, and weren't really impressive during the 3rd either, though that was fine because Green was on fire.

Yeah, Green was on fire and we tied the game at 85 apiece heading into the 4th qtr... I think with LeBron it is a double edged sword. You kind of want him to score, but usually that would mean he dominates the ball too much. What I want to see going forward is that, he be the one to direct traffic in the 4th qtr, let AD does his things; and only takes over and be the closer when needed. I don't want him to take so many 3s either. Him and AD should be off each other more in a high-low kind of setting, and let guys like Green, Bradley, Cook, KCP and/or Caruso do the outside shootings. I also look forward to seeing how Vogel manage Kuz' role within the offense.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline dparrott

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2019, 12:28:49 AM »
Dammit, if Kyrie made that last shot my teams would be 3-3 today.  Dude still dropped 50.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
Dammit, if Kyrie made that last shot my teams would be 3-3 today.  Dude still dropped 50.

On 33 shots though... sure, I understand he is the only star on the team, but still... meanwhile, Wiggins also attempted 27 shots... geez...  :facepalm:
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »

On 33 shots though... sure, I understand he is the only star on the team, but still... meanwhile, Wiggins also attempted 27 shots... geez...  :facepalm:

Hmm. Wolves had a big lead at the half, and the whole team, aside from Wiggins, was playing incredibly well. They let Kyrie do Kyrie, and stopped everyone else. Second half, the Nets made better adjustments and grabbed a lead, as the Wolves fell back to their old tendencies. Then at the end of the 4th, and OT, they played like they did in the first half, and went out and won that game.

YOu can talk all you want about Kyrie Irving's 50 points on 33 shots.

HOw about this stat line:

36 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and 7-11 from 3 pt range (11-22 overall).

Yeah, that's called Karl-Anthony Towns. And he is the most unguardable center/pf in the league, and yes, is better than Anthony Davis. And I'll stand by that. He started this season like he finished the last 20 games last season - dominating anyone he plays. Jordan and Allen, who are strong guys, couldn't contain him at all. and in years past, Jordan had. And Towns shrug him off.

The Timberwolves are on the same level as the Nets...without Durant. Sure, Irving was the best player on the floor last night. But not by much. Not at all. The Wolves crushed the Nets last year, and they beat them last night with a similarly overhauled roster and a new system. I have no doubt the Nets will be an Eastern Conference playoff team with 45-48 wins or so. But the Wolves would be too in the East. And unfortunately, probably will only muster 36-41 wins in a much tougher Western Conference.

As for Wiggins, there's no denying he struggled. But if you watched the game from beginning to end as I did, you would have seen he started cold, shooting threes. Then he continued to shoot, but fell back to midrange, which is what the team had gotten away from. And then in OT, Wiggins manhandled people, driving to the rim, taking off near the foul line and started scoring a ton. Wolves would not have won without Wiggins in OT. No one could guard him going to the rim. And that's the secret to unlocking Wiggins. He has to drive, and drive a lot, because almost no one can stop him getting to the cup. He needs to go inside-out, instead of outside-in. And I think he will as the season progresses. Well, I HOPE he does. 10-27 is ugly. No denying that. And I was not fond of his defense. His lateral foot speed is slow. Which is why Okogie is a better fit in this system. But the Wolves do not win without Wiggins in OT.

Okogie's defense was great, and the pressure he put on Irving was a key factor in Irving cracking on that last play Irving had a great game, but the team that won didn't get lucky -- they played a better game overall. And lets not forget Treveon Graham. I had no idea who he was until the Wolves signed him this offseason. He played HARD last night. 9 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts in 35 minutes may not seem like a lot. But it was the way he played. He was really aggressive, and not afraid to shoot. He and Layman (who also had a nice game) will be an effective role pair.

As for the Nets, Caris LeVert is one of my favorite players in the league. Glad he looked good last night. He quietly put up a hell of a game with 21 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and three steals. And I love Dinwiddie and Allen. I think the Nets will be almost unstoppable once Durant is back next year. I mean...Durant/Irving/LeVert/Dinwiddie/Allen...that is dangerous. Not to mention Harris.

But the bottom line is -- the league has no answer for Karl-Anthony Towns. Particularly when he quarterbacks the offense. A 7 foot center playing point forward at the top of the key for most of the game, sliding from the perimeter to down low based on matchups. He scores from anywhere, and his defense is noticeably improved.

I'm not saying the Wolves will make the playoffs this year. I hope they do. But they don't have enough firepower to do that in the West. At best, they'll be a .500 team. I have them pegged for 36-46, unfortunately. I had them losing to the Nets last night. But they got one I didn't think they would. But what I saw last night was a team that really plays together, and a system that will be very successful.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline T-ski

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »

Hmm. Wolves had a big lead at the half, and the whole team, aside from Wiggins, was playing incredibly well. They let Kyrie do Kyrie, and stopped everyone else. Second half, the Nets made better adjustments and grabbed a lead, as the Wolves fell back to their old tendencies. Then at the end of the 4th, and OT, they played like they did in the first half, and went out and won that game.

YOu can talk all you want about Kyrie Irving's 50 points on 33 shots.

HOw about this stat line:

36 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and 7-11 from 3 pt range (11-22 overall).

Yeah, that's called Karl-Anthony Towns. And he is the most unguardable center/pf in the league, and yes, is better than Anthony Davis. And I'll stand by that. He started this season like he finished the last 20 games last season - dominating anyone he plays. Jordan and Allen, who are strong guys, couldn't contain him at all. and in years past, Jordan had. And Towns shrug him off.

The Timberwolves are on the same level as the Nets...without Durant. Sure, Irving was the best player on the floor last night. But not by much. Not at all. The Wolves crushed the Nets last year, and they beat them last night with a similarly overhauled roster and a new system. I have no doubt the Nets will be an Eastern Conference playoff team with 45-48 wins or so. But the Wolves would be too in the East. And unfortunately, probably will only muster 36-41 wins in a much tougher Western Conference.

As for Wiggins, there's no denying he struggled. But if you watched the game from beginning to end as I did, you would have seen he started cold, shooting threes. Then he continued to shoot, but fell back to midrange, which is what the team had gotten away from. And then in OT, Wiggins manhandled people, driving to the rim, taking off near the foul line and started scoring a ton. Wolves would not have won without Wiggins in OT. No one could guard him going to the rim. And that's the secret to unlocking Wiggins. He has to drive, and drive a lot, because almost no one can stop him getting to the cup. He needs to go inside-out, instead of outside-in. And I think he will as the season progresses. Well, I HOPE he does. 10-27 is ugly. No denying that. And I was not fond of his defense. His lateral foot speed is slow. Which is why Okogie is a better fit in this system. But the Wolves do not win without Wiggins in OT.

Okogie's defense was great, and the pressure he put on Irving was a key factor in Irving cracking on that last play Irving had a great game, but the team that won didn't get lucky -- they played a better game overall. And lets not forget Treveon Graham. I had no idea who he was until the Wolves signed him this offseason. He played HARD last night. 9 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts in 35 minutes may not seem like a lot. But it was the way he played. He was really aggressive, and not afraid to shoot. He and Layman (who also had a nice game) will be an effective role pair.

As for the Nets, Caris LeVert is one of my favorite players in the league. Glad he looked good last night. He quietly put up a hell of a game with 21 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and three steals. And I love Dinwiddie and Allen. I think the Nets will be almost unstoppable once Durant is back next year. I mean...Durant/Irving/LeVert/Dinwiddie/Allen...that is dangerous. Not to mention Harris.

But the bottom line is -- the league has no answer for Karl-Anthony Towns. Particularly when he quarterbacks the offense. A 7 foot center playing point forward at the top of the key for most of the game, sliding from the perimeter to down low based on matchups. He scores from anywhere, and his defense is noticeably improved.

I'm not saying the Wolves will make the playoffs this year. I hope they do. But they don't have enough firepower to do that in the West. At best, they'll be a .500 team. I have them pegged for 36-46, unfortunately. I had them losing to the Nets last night. But they got one I didn't think they would. But what I saw last night was a team that really plays together, and a system that will be very successful.

The T-Wolves believing in Wiggins is killing them, should have cut bait before signing him to that contract.  KAT has no help, just role players surrounding him.

As for the Nets, don't forget the acquisition of Taurean Prince, sneaky good.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »

The T-Wolves believing in Wiggins is killing them, should have cut bait before signing him to that contract.  KAT has no help, just role players surrounding him.

As for the Nets, don't forget the acquisition of Taurean Prince, sneaky good.

Here's the thing on that contract that people forget about. He signed it after every single season he improved his scoring and effectiveness. He was a 23 ppg guy and it was looking like he was about to become one of the most dynamic scorers in the league. Once he signed it, they changed to Thibs, and Wiggins' role went from option 1 to option 3, and no plays called for him, and he was all but ignored in the game plan by Thibs. All that talk of "floating?" It happened AFTER Thibs took over. Last night, Wiggins had a bad shooting night, but he didn't float. he was present the whole time and active. He was aggressive. And while I think he should have played inside-out instead of outside-in, that's all part of them gelling under Saunders' new system. And like I said, when the Wolves needed Wigs to do what he does best, he did, and no one could stop him. And without him, the Wolves would be 0-1 today. I agree it is a bad contract, but you can't change it, so I don't dwell on it. They will maximize what he can do.

I do agree that KAT needs star power help. And I do think it's coming. But it won't be until the offseason. Dieng's terrible contract (thanks, Thibs) is a little more palatable for people (note he got 0 playing time last night) and can be moved, and then Teague (if he's not traded at the deadline) comes off the books. That's potentially 35 million to use.

Also agreed on Prince. I liked him on the Hawks a lot. Great scorer.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »
I feel sorry for T-Ski and Bucks fans. It's absolutely ridiculous that the media focuses on Harden/Westbrook, instead of the fact that the Bucks went into Houston and Giannis beat them the hell up. So ridiculous. They want to report on drama more than the game. Same with the Wolves beating Brooklyn on Wednesday -- the story was Kyrie scoring 50. Not that the Wolves won, and Towns dominated.

I know it's a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be nice if credit is given to the teams that win?

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline T-ski

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »
I feel sorry for T-Ski and Bucks fans. It's absolutely ridiculous that the media focuses on Harden/Westbrook, instead of the fact that the Bucks went into Houston and Giannis beat them the hell up. So ridiculous. They want to report on drama more than the game. Same with the Wolves beating Brooklyn on Wednesday -- the story was Kyrie scoring 50. Not that the Wolves won, and Towns dominated.

I know it's a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be nice if credit is given to the teams that win?

I've been able to stop listening to the national media for years, they're all about "hot takes" and getting clicks.  I'll take the wins and be happy.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2019, 08:18:29 AM »
Fun fact: Before yesterday, the last time harden took 12 shots or less on a regular season game was April 10th, 2017.

But on to the topic, if I don’t watch the game, I just check the score and box score without reading headlines. They are usually very misleading to what actually happened in the game.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 08:20:02 AM »

Not sure I follow you.  I'm trying to remember what the word "win" means...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »
Jae Crowdah!!! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
Not sure about you guys, but I am liking this season's Phoenix Suns. It's too bad Rubio got hurt in game #2 @ Nuggets, or else they could very well gone 3-0 by now. Still, beating the Clippers short-handed is quite impressive. I hope Ayton would wise up and be productive when he comes back though.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2019, 06:10:13 AM »
The Lakers are 2-1 for the first time since during Obama's first term in 2010  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »
Not sure about you guys, but I am liking this season's Phoenix Suns. It's too bad Rubio got hurt in game #2 @ Nuggets, or else they could very well gone 3-0 by now. Still, beating the Clippers short-handed is quite impressive. I hope Ayton would wise up and be productive when he comes back though.

Hmm. Not taking away anything from the Suns at all. They are well coached. Monty Williams is a stud. The Suns will be better this year. Not 45-wins, but I could see them winning 32 games. Which is a significant improvement over last year. Rubio takes Booker off the ball, where Booker is better. The Ayton thing is a real shame. Not sure of the particulars, but sounds like a masking agent to cover up steroid use. Not the kind of guy you want invading your locker room. But I think they'll be fine.

The Lakers are 2-1 for the first time since during Obama's first term in 2010  :lol

:rollin

Seriously!? That's crazy.

Wolves got a win I expected them to get against the Heat at home. But the Heat are surprisingly much better than I thought -- even without Butler playing. The kid Nunn is a legit NBA scorer and filled in the same numbers Butler would have. They are always well coached with Spo. I expected the Wolves to start 2-1, and they are 3-0, so I'll take it.

Loved the maturity of Wiggins last night. Had a great first quarter, floated and was benched in the second quarter. Picked up his play a bit in the third, and then in fourth, he took over the game, sticking to the offensive system. Hit threes, drove to the paint. No long two-pointers. Wonderful maturation by Wigs. And a very wise coaching move by Ryan Saunders to bench his butt in the second, after he started to float. Accountability. It's a thing now in Minnesota. I love their potential.

Of course, the real challenge is coming up. At Philly, At Washington, Home for Milwaukee. I expect the Wolves to go 1-2, with the win in Washington. But that's not a gimme. Beal is struggling shooting, but Hachimura is for real, and Washington is really playing hard.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
Knicks won a game! :D against a bad team but still counts

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2019, 08:27:19 PM »
Knicks won a game! :D against a bad team but still counts

So do the Warriors, after D-Green proclaimed they suck, lol!  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
What a night... First there was a cat fight between KAT and Embiid in Philly. And then crazy Rockets @ Wizards... 159-158 were the final scores, and only in regulation. I thought the Wizards got hosed at the end though
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2019, 05:20:50 AM »
And Curry’s broken hand. Hope is able to recover from this. It did not look so terrible but I expect him to be out for a few months.

159-158 on regulation is a crazy amount of points. But good win nonetheless. Westbrook still getting his triple doubles and Harden had a great game.

The fight between KAT and Embiid...don’t understand how it gets to that point for some players and then Embiid seemed so happy and satisfied afterwards as if he wanted that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2019, 07:51:27 AM »
Good win for the C's without Brown vs. the Bucks.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC