Author Topic: What I REALLY Want For Christmas/Hannuka  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Harmony

What I REALLY Want For Christmas/Hannuka
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
You probably won't get it.  But maybe you will.  If you dream it, it may come.   :angel:

If money were essentially no object and you could find one prezzie under your tree or next to your menorah, what would it be?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: What I REALLY Want For Christmas/Hannuka
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 04:03:15 PM »
Maybe I'm being boring or too practical, but:  For me, I have been wanting a 2-in-1 computer/device, ala a Surface Pro.  And I wanted something small and compact, with good battery life.  But I don't really need the power of a Surface Pro, and money is an object, so I wanted and my wife got me this:  https://www.amazon.com/HP-WLED-Backlit-Touchscreen-Accessories-Quad-Core/dp/B081PSHKQD/ref=sr_1_6?crid=RG5W0888JTX8&keywords=hp+2-in-1+laptop&qid=1576882824&refinements=p_n_feature_twelve_browse-bin%3A9521908011%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A13580785011%7C13580786011&rnid=2242797011&s=pc&sprefix=hp+2-in%2Caps%2C195&sr=1-6

It's just about perfect for my needs. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:10:11 PM »
What about Kwanzaa and Diwali?  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »
Yes, you can want one of each of those for Christmas if you like.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 04:14:09 PM »
You'll have Christmas, yes. But what about Orthodox Christian Julian calendar Christmas?  :angel:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Harmony

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »
*sigh*

My deepest apologies for those who I have offended by my lack of inclusion.  It is my fervent hope that we can find a way to make this a fun thread and not get bogged down in my obvious shortcomings by the way I worded the title of this post.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
We're just making fun (and I am referencing Lord of the Rings, and a tradition not many people know since it only really exists in four countries on the entire planet).  :tup

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
Well, it's interesting in that I thought long and hard about making my standard disclaimer by using an asterisk in the title and then posting in the body something like *or however you choose to celebrate it* but then thought I'd be ridiculed for being too PC.   :facepalm:

And when I'm out and about I spend more time worrying about offending someone when I say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" now that I just want to stop saying anything at all!!

Tis the Season, I guess.  Carry on.   :heart

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »
Alright, if money wasn’t an issue I would like newly built 3 Br house and a Subaru Crosstrek.

I would settle for the latest 6 string Music Man majesty guitar too.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
My daughter. It's been way too long since we spent a Christmas together.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »
Peace of mind, continued freedom to bitch on the internet, my loved ones healthy and happy.

Also maybe a GTX 2080 Ti. Maybe.

ED: I'd also like to note that I love that when we're children, it's the tangible bullshit that's what is really on our minds and the whole spirit of peace and healthiness is on the back of our minds, if at all. Now, I really couldn't care less if I have nothing tangible but if I knew that everyone in my life was okay, I'd be elated.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:51:59 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »

I hope you do as well.  And if there was ever a gift worth receiving, it's this one.  I don't know if you are a religious man or not.  But if you'd like, I can say a prayer for you in hopes that that may happen.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 09:17:41 PM »
For Christmas, I want the shopping cart thread back open :(

And lots of cash.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »

I hope you do as well.  And if there was ever a gift worth receiving, it's this one.  I don't know if you are a religious man or not.  But if you'd like, I can say a prayer for you in hopes that that may happen.

Thanks man, just the effect of living cross country from each other. She'll be out here in Feb for my parent's 60th anniversary, couldn't do two tix this year. Last year I attached my visit to IQ playing in Jersey. We'll get our shit together eventually  :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 03:35:11 AM »
"Iiiiiiiiiiiii drea-ming of a whiiiiiiiiiite christ-mas"
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 05:40:02 AM »
Four months of the year in Palm Desert! November through the end of February.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 06:51:02 AM »
A new, high paying, job that allowed me tons of flexibility in work hours and allowed me to work primarily remotely.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 05:50:24 PM by lordxizor »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
Aw man. If it makes you feel any better, she certainly misses you too. I wish I could spend the holidays with my mom. It's been 14 months since I went home and I probably won't have a window of opportunity until March (if then).

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2019, 08:22:41 PM »
A new, high paying, job that allowed me tons of flexibility in work hours and allowed me to work primarily remotely.

That is a great, practical and very doable Christmas wish!  What you want is what I was finally able to get.  I don't say that to brag at all; I just want you to know that it is achievable and you can do it!  Best wishes and hopes for you in the coming year :tup
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »

That is a great, practical and very doable Christmas wish!  What you want is what I was finally able to get.  I don't say that to brag at all; I just want you to know that it is achievable and you can do it!  Best wishes and hopes for you in the coming year :tup
Thanks! I'm hoping the new year brings more job openings. My industry (medical device) is not huge on remote positions, but I'm open to changing industries and am optimistic that something will come around.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
I’d love to have a nice crossover SUV instead of my Malibu. I love the Malibu but I’ve been transporting a lot of hockey gear lately and could use some more space.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 02:53:50 AM »
"Iiiiiiiiiiiii drea-ming of a whiiiiiiiiiite christ-mas"

just like the ones before global warming....

;D

What I want for Christmas is not only a whole new computer setup (everyone has their technology quirks... George RR Martin still writes on an oldass word processor, I still use Windows XP, gosh), but a magical transportation of all my stuff on the new platform without having to go through all the hassle of saving everything and copying it later  ;D

And also a semi-professional digital camera to improve my game with photography (especially at concerts).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »
A fuel efficient, cheap to maintain new vehicle
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 01:38:14 AM »
I’d like people to stop fighting and arguing over meaningless shit and finally realise we’re all on this earth together and have to do our collective best to make sure everybody can live their lives in happiness and peace.

Is that too much to ask?

Oh yeah, merry Christmas to all ready this!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey