General > General Music Discussion

"Classic" album appreciation thread - the '80s

<< < (2/158) > >>

pg1067:
For me, you opened with a dud.

I can remember finding Night Songs in a record store and thinking the band looked really dumb.  At that point, I was reacting negatively to a lot of bands I liked turning toward a "glam" look, so this wasn't appealing to me at all.  And then I heard the songs and didn't like Tom Kiefer's voice at all.

Cinderella got a LOT of airplay on KNAC in southern California, though, and Long Cold Winter hit big.  I didn't like it any better, though, and looking at the track list, I can only recognize one song (Don't Know) by name.  I'd swear I saw Cinderella as an opening band at some point, but I can't figure out for whom.

bosk1:

--- Quote from: pg1067 on July 02, 2019, 12:59:07 PM ---I can remember finding Night Songs in a record store and thinking the band looked really dumb.
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah?  Well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOWYe9TgaU

--- Quote from: pg1067 on July 02, 2019, 12:59:07 PM ---I'd swear I saw Cinderella as an opening band at some point, but I can't figure out for whom.
--- End quote ---

I never got the chance to see them live.  I do have their DVD from Detroit on...I think it was the Heartbreak Station tour.  On one hand, they put on a great show and had a lot of energy.  On the other hand, a lot of what I consider their best sound needs a lot of layering and studio touch-up to sound right, so the live sound was seriously lacking.  I dunno.  If they got back together and toured now, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see them.  But I kind of wish I would have had the chance back in the day.

pg1067:

--- Quote from: bosk1 on July 02, 2019, 01:09:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: pg1067 on July 02, 2019, 12:59:07 PM ---I can remember finding Night Songs in a record store and thinking the band looked really dumb.
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah?  Well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOWYe9TgaU

That's bloody awesome.  Cinderella is now my favorite band!
--- End quote ---

TAC:

--- Quote from: pg1067 on July 02, 2019, 12:59:07 PM ---  I'd swear I saw Cinderella as an opening band at some point, but I can't figure out for whom.

--- End quote ---

I saw them in '86 opening for Bon Jovi, and in the summer of '91 opening for David Lee Roth.

Cool Chris:
I was not a big fan of the band, but I owned this CD and loved it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version