Author Topic: Bryan Beller - Scenes From The Flood - Feat. Petrucci, Hearne, Keneally & others  (Read 2188 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

RELEASE DAY SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2019

Bassist/composer Bryan Beller (The Aristocrats, Joe Satriani, Dethklok, Steve Vai) presents a sweeping, epicscale modern progressive double concept album that asks the question: When the storm comes for us, the big one after which things will not be the same, who are we and what do we become in those defining moments? What do we keep, and what do we let go? Scenes From The Flood employs an all-star cast of 26 musicians to explores themes of ambition and loss, intentionality and reality, hope and disillusionment, and uses every second of its 18-song, 88-minute running order to tell an emotionally consuming and unforgettable musical story. Produced and composed by Bryan Beller (except "Angles & Exits", composed by Janet Feder). Mixed and mastered by Forrester Savell

Scenes From The Flood is performed by:

Christopher Allis, Bryan Beller, Nili Brosh, Paul Cartwright, Darran Charles, Julian Coryell, Mike Dawes, Janet Feder, Guthrie Govan, Ray Hearne, Gene Hoglan, Mike Keneally, Jamie Kime, Fred Kron, Teddy Kumpel, Jake Howsam Lowe, Evan Mazunik, Nate Morton, Rick Musallam, Mike Olekshy, Griff Peters, John Petrucci, Matt Rohde, Joe Satriani, Rishabh Seen, Joe Travers, Leah Zeger

Deluxe packaging: 2CD 8-panel digipak + TWO 20-page booklets; 2LP gatefold + 24 page full-size booklet.

A limited run of 100 coloured (purple & white swirl) vinyl will also be produced.

:metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Got the album today, listening now

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Interesting. I'll have to check this out.

I saw Mike Keneally play at that Zappa Hologram thing and he was quite awesome.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Promocopy or something?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Promocopy or something?

Promo copy, as far as I know this thing hasn't leaked

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Christopher Allis, Bryan Beller, Nili Brosh, Paul Cartwright, Darran Charles, Julian Coryell, Mike Dawes, Janet Feder, Guthrie Govan, Ray Hearne, Gene Hoglan, Mike Keneally, Jamie Kime, Fred Kron, Teddy Kumpel, Jake Howsam Lowe, Evan Mazunik, Nate Morton, Rick Musallam, Mike Olekshy, Griff Peters, John Petrucci, Matt Rohde, Joe Satriani, Rishabh Seen, Joe Travers, Leah Zeger

Other than JP, Satch, and Hoglan, I don't recognize a single fucking name.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Other than JP, Satch, and Hoglan, I don't recognize a single fucking name.

Christopher Allis = Session drummer
Nili Brosh = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oS91un8YTs
Paul Cartwright - Violinist
Darran Charles = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYiQQXFHpUo
Julian Coryell= Singer
Mike Dawes = Guitarrist
Janet Feder = Guitarrist
Guthrie Govan = THE ARISTOCRATS' guitarrist
Ray Hearne = Haken's drummer
Gene Hoglan = Drummer
Mike Keneally = Guitarris, keyboard plaey, singer
Jamie Kime= Guitarrist
Fred Kron = guitarrist
Teddy Kumpel = guitarrist jazz fusion
Jake Howsam Lowe = Guitarrist
Evan Mazunik = plays progressive jazz and improvised music as a composer, keyboardist, and musical director
Nate Morton = Drummer
Rick Musallam = guitarrist
Mike Olekshy = guitarrist
Griff Peters = guitarrist
John Petrucci = Unknown guitar player
Matt Rohde = classical guitarrist
Joe Satriani = Arthritis cripple guy
Rishabh Seen = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTwLRc7vZ10
Joe Travers = Drummer
Leah Zeger = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecbUBlC4mKE

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Tracklist:

01 - The Scouring Of Three & Seventeen   2:21
02 - Volunteer State   5:37
03 - Everything And Nothing   5:48
04 - A Quickening   2:14
05 - Steiner In Ellipses   2:23
06 - Always Worth It   6:36
07 - Lookout Mountain   4:13
08 - The Storm   7:26
09 - The Flood   5:43
10 - Bunkistan   5:16
11 - As Advertised   3:54
12 - Army Of The Black Rectangles   1:21
13 - The Outer Boundary   1:30
14 - Angles & Exits   9:40
15 - The Inner Boundary   3:02
16 - World Class   9:26
17 - Sweet Water   7:13
18 - Let Go Of Everything   3:36

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thank you Raven. I appreciate your efforts!

But labelling a guy as a guitarist or a drummer doesn't help! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Thank you Raven. I appreciate your efforts!

But labelling a guy as a guitarist or a drummer doesn't help! :lol

lol  I know, and I don't many of them either. I just labeled them as I found their info on Google, but not many of them are in KNOWN bands

At least now I know what instruments play each musician involved

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
While we are waiting for a full review, can you give us just a bit of insight about what this sounds like?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
While we are waiting for a full review, can you give us just a bit of insight about what this sounds like?

Sound's pretty much like The Aristocrats but on STEROIDS, I think it is due to the other instruments involved: violins, keyboards, etc.
It also has a Steven Wilson vibe here and there
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:36:23 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline gzarruk

The new Aristocrats album was a huge disappointment to me (none of the tracks grabbed me at first listen and it hasn't changed with othe listens), but this one is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Only listened to The Storm so far, but every time I do, it just gets better and better. Can't wait for the rest.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:24:46 PM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Aristocrats album was a huge disappointment to me (none of the tracks grabbed me at first listen), but this one is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Only listened to The Storm so far, but every time I do, it just gets better and better. Can't wait for the rest.

I can honestly say that this is WAY better than The Aristocrats albums in general. 3rd track it's a favorite of mine as well as The Storm
Oh, and the album it's not entirely instrumental, some songs have vocals, one more than others.

------

bosk1 I sent you a PM
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:33:27 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Hopefully he'll have some for our show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Track 16 MUST be the one with Petrucci on it. Man that sound!!!!  :hefdaddy

Offline gzarruk

It is! :metal Can't wait to hear it!

From the press release:

Realizing Beller’s vision meant enlisting 26 musicians spread across four continents to bring "Scenes From The Flood" to life. Special guests on guitar include legends Joe Satriani (on the optimistic, “road trip” vibed opening track “Volunteer State”), John Petrucci (who lays down a screaming lead on the 9-minute story-climactic progressive epic “World Class”), Guthrie Govan (taking the lead on the album’s closing ballad “Sweet Water”), and Mike Keneally (going from layered acoustics on one track to furious metal riffing on another), just four of fourteen total guitarists who appear on the album. Drummers include veterans Gene Hoglan (Dethklok, Strapping Young Lad, Death), Joe Travers (Zappa Plays Zappa, Joe Satriani), Ray Hearne (HAKEN), and Nate Morton (Cher, The Voice).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

It is! :metal Can't wait to hear it!

From the press release:

Realizing Beller’s vision meant enlisting 26 musicians spread across four continents to bring "Scenes From The Flood" to life. Special guests on guitar include legends Joe Satriani (on the optimistic, “road trip” vibed opening track “Volunteer State”), John Petrucci (who lays down a screaming lead on the 9-minute story-climactic progressive epic “World Class”), Guthrie Govan (taking the lead on the album’s closing ballad “Sweet Water”), and Mike Keneally (going from layered acoustics on one track to furious metal riffing on another), just four of fourteen total guitarists who appear on the album. Drummers include veterans Gene Hoglan (Dethklok, Strapping Young Lad, Death), Joe Travers (Zappa Plays Zappa, Joe Satriani), Ray Hearne (HAKEN), and Nate Morton (Cher, The Voice).

Where's that press release?

I only got what I put on the OP.

I knew it was him on that track only by listening to it, it is so distinguishable

Offline gzarruk

Where's that press release?

On Bryan's Facebok Page ;D

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
Comforting to hear that I'm not the only one underwhelmed by the new Aristocrats album.

Looking forward to this.

Offline gzarruk

Comforting to hear that I'm not the only one underwhelmed by the new Aristocrats album.

The first one was great and Culture Clash is actually one of my favorite albums ever, but I never liked Tres Caballeros too much and the new one isn't better imo.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
From BB FB page:

This is the official U.K./Europe full album streaming premiere event (and world premiere!) for Bryan Beller's progressive double concept album "Scenes From The Flood". Tune in Thursday, 12 September, 20:00 GMT (London) / 21:00 CET (most of Europe). Release date: September 13. Available in 2CD, double vinyl, limited edition double colored (purple) vinyl, and all digital outlets.

BB webstore: http://bryanbeller.com/index.php/shop

UK/EUROPE FULL ALBUM PREMIERE IN LESS THAN AN HOUR! Just about 50 minutes until the full album streaming premiere of "Scenes From The Flood" goes live for the UK and Europe. Happening at 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET (and 3:00pm New York/12:00 Los Angeles). It's the top/pinned post on this page. I'll be in the comments!

Meanwhile I'm hearing reports of CD's having arrived already in some parts of the world. They shipped yesterday! If you're one of the lucky ones who got it a day early, then you're probably looking at this. :-)

Friends over on the other side of the pond, see you soon!

Offline gzarruk

This is Bryan's best album. Ever.

After being disappointed with the Aristocrats' album this year , Scenes from the Flood is a wonderful surprise.

And THAT Petrucci solo :metal

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Loving this album also! It’s complex, but kind of hooks the listener at first listening👍
I think it’s hard to compare to The Aristocrats, which songs are more open for jamming. Anyway, I like this album better too ;D
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline gzarruk

Loving this album also! It’s complex, but kind of hooks the listener at first listening👍
I think it’s hard to compare to The Aristocrats, which songs are more open for jamming. Anyway, I like this album better too ;D

Exactly how I feel, I don’t like all that jamming, give me crafted songs :lol
To be fair, I love Culture Clash, and the first one is really good too, but I haven’t enjoyed the last two too much, specially the new one.

Here, though, Bryan is shining as a bassist, composer, producer, arranger, everything. He picked the perfect group of musicians for each track, and the result is flawless :hefdaddy