Author Topic: One year anniversary of Treasure Hunt  (Read 875 times)

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

One year anniversary of Treasure Hunt
« on: June 28, 2019, 11:37:04 PM »
One year ago today, the first clue of the 2018 "Treasure Hunt" appeared on Dream Theater World's Facebook page. Here's the link: https://facebook.com/TheDreamTheaterWorld/posts/2048954988513165

This is not news, but I figured I'd thank Noxon, Bosk, Matthew, Victoria, Mark Maryanovich* and everyone else involved (including, of course, the band itself) once again. Many of us found the experience very entertaining, and learned a lot of stuff about cryptography, computers, games, history, etc. (I know I did.) There have been precedents to the Treasure Hunt (e.g. the 2003 "S.O.C. Songwriting Competition", the 2015 "Choose Wisely" campaign...), but I think last year's game was on a whole different level.

On a related note: what other interesting, engaging experience do you think the band/fanclub could come up with for a future album cycle?

*Mark is the photographer on Distance Over Time. The picture used as clue in puzzle #7 was taken by him. (Also, a picture used as a clue in puzzle #15 features Mark photographing the band.)

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Re: One year anniversary of Treasure Hunt
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 06:48:57 AM »
Can't believe a year has flown by already. It was an enjoyable (and educational I might add) experience for me as well. You were integral in the process as well (as well as our comrades on the Gdoc)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"