Author Topic: 10 Years with you losers....  (Read 3115 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: 10 Years with you losers....
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2019, 01:41:26 AM »
I"m virtually certain that the registration date when the board came back after one of the (two?) major crashes.
The major crash was in 2009, it deleted all of the content, threads etc. but not accounts. 18 May 2007 was the date DTF.org was created as a split from 5/8, so that's when a lot of us old-timers will have registered here.

I first found this community in the 8vm release cycle.
Yep, same. So we're coming up towards 15 years soon.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2019, 04:59:43 AM »
I"m virtually certain that the registration date when the board came back after one of the (two?) major crashes.
The major crash was in 2009, it deleted all of the content, threads etc. but not accounts.

And if I recall correctly, somehow post COUNTS remained intact.  I seem to remember many people having a big numbers, but no actual posts.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2019, 06:02:49 AM »
I lurked back then but didn't join until TOT if my memory serves correctly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »
The major crash was in 2009, it deleted all of the content, threads etc. but not accounts.

And if I recall correctly, somehow post COUNTS remained intact.  I seem to remember many people having a big numbers, but no actual posts.
I think you might be right, which was quite odd for a while until we all reached 5-figure post counts and it didn't matter anymore. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »
What was the cause of that crash in 09?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2019, 08:37:18 PM »
What was the cause of that crash in 09?

I recall it being a corrupted database.  I also recall the video embedding feature possibly being a cause, cuz I remember being able to do that way back then.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2019, 08:41:21 PM »
I lurked back then but didn't join until TOT if my memory serves correctly.

You joined right before the crash. I remember you and there was another guy that joined at the same time that was really cool. I think he was from Texas and he went by WeirdHarold. He never came back once the new forum was up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline WardySI

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2019, 08:47:49 PM »
Have been lurking for years to the point couldn't reignite original user name :lol but yes, good community here and stacks of good threads maybe I should re-engage hmmm...

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
Just seeing this thread for the first time right now. Love ya, RJ  :heart :heart :heart
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »
I too love this place. I registered on the EZ Board way back in the summer of 2000. I think Itchy may have run it by himself in the early days, but I'm not sure. There may have been another cat seriously involved at the time. Jim, maybe? I can't remember, and am probably remembering it wrong. I think I only posted 5 or 6 times during that version.

I write for a living. But, I can honestly say that I can't put into words what this forum has meant to me in my life.

Thanks to all y'all masfks for being part of the journey.  :biggrin:

Itchy flew solo once the move to dt.net and vBulletin occurred since he combined the board into the site. PapaJimH helped him out a lot on the EZBoard. I always felt bad for Itchy having to moderate that place because it could get out of hand a lot of the time, and the site itself wasn't optimized for the traffic the board brought, so there were regular post prunes and private messaging was disabled. It was still a fun time, until MP had the board shut down before 8VM. :lol

Damn, we've been here forever.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »
Yeah, I can remember browsing the forums on DT.net for the first time on a computer in the library at my high school, sometime in between the release of ToT and the subsequent tour. That would have been late 2003 or early 2004, which means I've shared a forum with some of you guys for half my life now.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »
Pretty soon, the whole community will be one big Old as Mold club... ye bunch of ole timers ye. 

I joined in January 2012 (geez is that right?) so a little over 7 for me; I was a member at MPForums starting in 07 after the Jones Beach Show (wanted to thank MP and the band for being so gracious at the meet-up).  I lurked here for info from 2010 to 2012 when I decided to join.  Man, that was the year my Dad passed... I understand the lyrics to "Time" more and more as each year slips by me. 

I've met up with Hef a few time (class act for certain) and I can say that Bosk is pretty swell too (hooked me up with a press pass for this year's Charlotte NC stop)... actually most all of you guys and gals are swell in my opinion.  This place is like no other board I've ever been a part of that's for sure (Cramer used to have a board back in the day for Action Alerts Plus and The Street of which I was a member, but wasn't the same as this place).

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »
Think I was on the old site cause I remember posting around the time of 6DOIT somewhere.  Might have been a different name. Started here according to the start date in my profile in 2007.  I know for a fact that is not right.  I was posting heavily during ToT release and tour, which was '03-'04.  Again, maybe a had a different name back then, I do suffer from CRS  :lol

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »
I always remember it being either June or July when I joined. Way back.
Way way back.

In 2000.

Another true vet.
10 years pffft

Never met a single one of you.
:)
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2019, 12:28:34 AM »
I'm somewhat of a recluse, but I've met Lynxo a couple of years ago. It coincided with a DT gig in Stockholm (Along For The Ride Tour).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2019, 12:35:05 AM »
I've met a couple people at shows, but I think the only one who is still around (or at least posts regularly) is SchecterShredder (sorry if I got that wrong).
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »
Wow can't believe my account is older than lonestar's

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
Just saw this! I know I'm not around much anymore but I love y'all. I lost count of how many people I've met but I think I joined dt.net in 2002ish and since then I have had the pleasure of hanging with a ton of you fuckers  :heart
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
Just saw this! I know I'm not around much anymore but I love y'all. I lost count of how many people I've met but I think I joined dt.net in 2002ish and since then I have had the pleasure of hanging with a ton of you fuckers  :heart

Yea, but who is the best (or at least the most bald/Jewish/me)?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
Dr.  Stop pandering.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »
Dude.  King Fu Panda.  Jesus. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
Dude.  King Fu Panda.  Jesus. :lol

A great movie franchise.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »

Yea, but who is the best (or at least the most bald/Jewish/me)?

My favorite Jew, obviously  :-*
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2019, 06:00:10 AM »
Yo, that's crazy. I came here (well, to the original DTF.com) in...February '07 I think. I haven't been all that active here since 2014, but I do like to pop in every now and then.

But enough about me. Lonestar, I'm real happy for ya - I'm glad you stuck it out here, unlike a lot of us other DTF originals. It's always great to come back to some familiar faces. Here's to another 10 years? :tup
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »

Ah yes I remember the days of chatting on AIM while simultaneously posting on the board. Though I don't think I met you in person til 4/1.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
Yeah, I can remember browsing the forums on DT.net for the first time on a computer in the library at my high school, sometime in between the release of ToT and the subsequent tour. That would have been late 2003 or early 2004, which means I've shared a forum with some of you guys for half my life now.

My life % is a little different than Axeman's, but I joined right about that same time, something makes me think Jan '04?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2019, 02:04:54 PM »
Damn, you made me look up my join date.  May 21, 2007.  I also looked up my original registration email from DT.net: March 23, 2006.  I thought it was April 2006, after going to the Score show, but I guess it was before.  As I remember it I couldn't get anyone to go with me, and I needed someone to get excited with, so I joined.  I remember one morning trying to log in and the forum was gone.  I have no idea how I found this site (which had another schism soon after resulting in fiveeight forums??), since I don't know if there was a forwarding link.  I may have just googled and saw some familiar names.

In those years I've had a similar feeling to many here, in that it was an outlet of diverse ideas that I hadn't encountered much in my offline life and contributed to much of my personal growth.

I've not been super active here, especially in the last year or so since the site has been blocked by my company's firewall, and have only met a handful of members here in person, but I appreciate the community here nonetheless.