Author Topic: A Tribute to my dad  (Read 865 times)

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
A Tribute to my dad
« on: June 27, 2019, 01:32:22 AM »
Hey everyone. Today marks 10 years since my dad passed away. He was a singer, with a fairly decent amount of success in Russia. He was taken from us too early, and unjustly, by a horrible car accident that he should never have been involved in.
In his memory, I wanted to cover one of his songs. This particular song was about fathers and songs, but I didn't have the instrumental for it. So I spent a few weeks deconstructing it and recreating it digitally, trying to make it sound as authentic as possible, then recording my own vocals over the instrumental.

I just wanted to share it here. I hope you guys like it, even if you don't understand the language. I don't expect it to go viral or anything, but I just wanted to put it out there and have it be heard by as many people as possible. It's the least I could do for him. The whole experience of has been very emotionally taxing for me, but it had to be done. I owed at least that much to him. Thanks for listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sdmo1S-Cvs
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: A Tribute to my dad
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »
Hey, that was fantastic, man. Seriously.

Those home movies were very touching. 52 is too damn young.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol