Author Topic: Toy Story 4  (Read 3228 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Toy Story 4
« on: June 21, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
Who else is seeing Toy Story 4 this weekend? I've been waiting years for this and it's finally here. Gonna catch it tonight.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Toy Story 4
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 10:45:51 AM »
Saw it last night. It was really good.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
Awesome ending to the franchise. I was very surprised by how good the story is. Still full of typical toy story adventure quests.
I missed the very end credit scene though.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 11:27:45 AM »
The first one was great.

The second one was really good.

The third one was massively disappointing.

Wasn't inclined to see the fourth one (esp. since my kids are now teenagers).  Is it better than the third?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
The first one was great.

The second one was really good.

The third one was massively disappointing.

Wasn't inclined to see the fourth one (esp. since my kids are now teenagers).  Is it better than the third?

What?!?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 11:19:54 AM »
What?!?

This.  I really struggle to see how anyone who was a fan of the series in ANY capacity couldn't love 3. 

As far as 4, I'm having a hard time processing (1) why it is necessary to have another sequel, and (2) how it could possibly be as good as everyone is saying.  But that said, I felt exactly the same way about 2 and 3, and ended up loving them both.  I expect that this will be no different.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »
What?!?

This.  I really struggle to see how anyone who was a fan of the series in ANY capacity couldn't love 3. 

As far as 4, I'm having a hard time processing (1) why it is necessary to have another sequel, and (2) how it could possibly be as good as everyone is saying.  But that said, I felt exactly the same way about 2 and 3, and ended up loving them both.  I expect that this will be no different.

Trust me, it's fantastic. I've seen it twice now. Both times it's had me on the verge of tears more than once. And the ending is just so Toy Story.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 06:12:41 AM »
Awesome ending to the franchise. I was very surprised by how good the story is. Still full of typical toy story adventure quests.
I missed the very end credit scene though.

$20 says it isn't the ending of the franchise, just the ending of Woody/Buzz as the main leads.

Great movie.  jingle.kids are 18 now, and we all still went as a family and loved it.  I thought the 1st half to set things up was kinda slow, but the 2nd half was great, and the ending did have me choke up just a little bit.

Was there an *end* credits scene?  We didn't stick around until the very end.

Also, I'm Toy Story 2 digital version has now gotten rid of the credits-scene where Stinky Pete is hitting on the Barbies in his box, insinuating he could get them a role in Toy Story 3 :eybrows:.  LOL.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U94eo6fBwU
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
I really liked 4, but I do think it was a step down from the first 3. Those are as close to a perfect trilogy as you can get, in my book.

I’d give it a 7/10, with the original 3 being 9s or 10s.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 12:31:54 PM »
Bump! I watched all four Toy Stories this weekend. Not that it was in doubt, but it reaffirmed my opinion that Toy Story is one of the greatest film/entertainment franchises ever. All 4 films are quality. So, I polled my Facebook as to how people would rank them from favorite to least, and this is what I've got so far, including my own (1 4 3 2):

123 (haven't seen 4) x2
1432 x3
1423 x2
3124 x2

Interesting that nobody put 4 as their favorite, or 2.

1 remains one of the greatest movies of all time, I think. It's almost completely flawless, and still makes me laugh more than the rest. I'm pretty sure it was also the first movie I ever saw in theaters. 2 is not bad, I still love it, but it lacks a certain charm that the other three have, and I really don't care for Jesse or the Prospector in this movie, and Al is a total knob. 3 brings tears to my eyes in the first and last scenes. I suppose it helps that I was 4 when the first movie came out and Pixar did an incredible job at making Andy feel so relatable to me between his age, love of toys and imagination, and realizing how he needs to let go and move on. 4 is a film that I'd call unnecessary and yet they still did a remarkable job with it. I love what they did with Bo Peep's character, Key & Peele's characters are hilarious, and it feels like Pixar never lost what made Toy Story magical to me.

Just like after 3 wrapped, I would be perfectly fine if 4 was the final entry in the series. After all, if 8 years from now they come out with Toy Story 5, Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will be in their 70s, and I think that for certain would be the final entry (I can't see them ever doing a Toy Story without Buzz or Woody, nevermind Hanks and Allen not voicing them - I know Patrick Warburton voiced Buzz in that animated series, but let's be honest, almost nobody cares about that). If they do it, I have no doubt Pixar would knock it out of the park - but I'm blanking on what other themes they could possibly go with after 2 that were explicitly about growing up, moving on, loss, and learning to forge your own path.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
I thought it was pretty clear with Woody leaving the rest of teh gang that this would be the end of the Toy Story franchise. But you never know. If Pixar is having trouble coming up with an original idea a few years down the road they may have a Woody/Bo Peep side adventure movie or something.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 12:38:13 PM »
I thought it was pretty clear with Woody leaving the rest of teh gang that this would be the end of the Toy Story franchise. But you never know. If Pixar is having trouble coming up with an original idea a few years down the road they may have a Woody/Bo Peep side adventure movie or something.

I thought the same at the end of Toy Story 3, and look what happened!  :biggrin:

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 05:44:15 PM »

I thought the same at the end of Toy Story 3, and look what happened!  :biggrin:
True, but the whole gang was still together at that point.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 06:28:37 AM »
I recently watched Toy Story 4, and I really enjoyed it.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »
If you guys haven't already you should check out the many shorts made of the Toy Story world post Toy Story 3. I imagine making these shorts is what inspired them to make a 4th movie. They made one after the 4th movie too with Bo Peep.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 07:50:29 AM »
If you guys haven't already you should check out the many shorts made of the Toy Story world post Toy Story 3. I imagine making these shorts is what inspired them to make a 4th movie. They made one after the 4th movie too with Bo Peep.

Yes! They're all great. I really like that one with Bo Peep, Lamp Life, 'cause it shows what happened to her and why she disappeared.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »
This is a franchise near and dear to me. I still regard the first film as one of the greatest animated films ever made, and probably the greatest milestone is animation history since Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

The 2nd and 3rd films are really great too. The 4th felt like an odd afterthought after the clear finality of the 3rd, but it was good in it's own right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 11:06:25 PM »
Mine would be

1,2,3, haven't seen 4

Toy Story 2 had a really fun game. Have you played it before, Katt?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:27 AM »
Mine would be

1,2,3, haven't seen 4

I played it as a kid but didn't like it at all. I still have a copy of the Super Nintendo Toy Story game, though, and I always loved that one.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 05:14:07 PM »
Mine would be

1,2,3, haven't seen 4

Toy Story 2 was one of the best games on the N64.

Offline krands85

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 07:26:12 PM »
Bump! I watched all four Toy Stories this weekend. Not that it was in doubt, but it reaffirmed my opinion that Toy Story is one of the greatest film/entertainment franchises ever. All 4 films are quality. So, I polled my Facebook as to how people would rank them from favorite to least, and this is what I've got so far, including my own (1 4 3 2):

123 (haven't seen 4) x2
1432 x3
1423 x2
3124 x2
I also watched all the movies the last few days. I hadn't seen 4 yet and I decided to watch the others first as it had been years since I last saw them. When I was watching 3, I realised that I had actually never seen it before! For some reason, I just assumed I'd seen it once when it came out and had just forgotten what happened, but would remember as I watched.  :facepalm: :lol

I think 3 is probably my favourite actually, just ahead of the first. 3,1,2,4 for me. I just finished watching the fourth, but it didn't quite grab me as much as the others for some reason. It looks amazing though.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 12:41:52 AM »
Mine would be

1,2,3, haven't seen 4

I played this a ton as a kid, still sticks out as one of the better liscened games I can think of.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »
I just realized I can prop my phone up and watch the Toy Stories while I do my mindless paperwork at my job. Hooray Bluetooth earbuds  :lol