Centre of Eternity
A Shot in the Dark
The Wizard
Over the Mountain
Rock 'n' Roll Rebel
Symptom of the Universe
Suicide Solution

Voting closes: March 30, 2025, 07:13:14 PM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these songs by Black Sabbath (1st 6) & Ozzy Osbourne (1st 4)  (Read 916 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
You can vote for up to 7.

I went with:

Fairies Wear Boots
Revelation (Mother Earth)
War Pigs
Diary of a Madman
Black Sabbath
Mr. Crowley
Hand of Doom

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I went with:

Black Sabbath

Megalomania
Into The Void
Spiral Architect
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Ozzy Solo

Mr. Crowley
Diary Of A Madman

Saved my last vote for Waiting For Darkness.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't rate Mr Crowley -  the story of a decent ,normal metal head fellow and his descent into the occult and death metal growlies is just too disturbing.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's symbolic of course.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't rate Mr Crowley -  the story of a decent ,normal metal head fellow and his descent into the occult and death metal growlies is just too disturbing.

Lol I refuse to believe it

Offline MirrorMask

NIB
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
War Pigs
Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Tony Stark
Symptom of the Universe
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
N.I.B.
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
War Pigs
Fairies Wear Boots
Black Sabbath
Children of the Grave
And of course, the greatest metal song ever created simply because it has the lyrics, "Ooo, little fool now",
Hand of Doom!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Megalomania
Spiral Architect (perhaps my favorite Sabbath song)
Fairies Wear Boots

Diary Of A Madman
Flying High Again
You Can't Kill Rock And Roll

And one of my top five songs by any artist ever, "Tonight".   That solo...

Offline pg1067

I might put half of these songs in the top 250 songs by any artist ever, so picking just 7 was an awfully tough task, but I went with:

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Diary of a Madman
War Pigs
Revelation
Paranoid
Crazy Train
Over the Mountain

Had all of the songs from the 10 albums been available, I would have included SATO and Waiting for Darkness and dropped Crazy Train and Paranoid and would have given serious thought to taking Steal Away the Night over Over the Mountain.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
SBS
Diary
Megalomania
Crowley
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I might put half of these songs in the top 250 songs by any artist ever, so picking just 7 was an awfully tough task, but I went with:

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Diary of a Madman
War Pigs
Revelation
Paranoid
Crazy Train
Over the Mountain

Had all of the songs from the 10 albums been available, I would have included SATO and Waiting for Darkness and dropped Crazy Train and Paranoid and would have given serious thought to taking Steal Away the Night over Over the Mountain.

And I would not have excluded Technical Ectasy or Never Say Die!;  I consider both of those to be as good or better than any Sabbath album that came after (except for Heaven And Hell).   And I LIKE the Tony Martin records a lot.   

I would have added "Gypsy" and either "Over To You" or "Shock Wave" to the list.   Maybe "A Hard Road".   Iommi is known for the "Riffmaster General", but I love that trebly SG tone he gets on those two albums; I always thought Rhoads channeled a little bit of that sound for the Blizzard albums.     For me it was a connection. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:15:56 AM by Stadler »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
And of course, the greatest metal song ever created simply because it has the lyrics, "Ooo, little fool now",
Hand of Doom!

:tup :tup

I cranked it up on the way home from work today and came away thinking that Sabbath never topped it.  :metal :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Hand of Doom!

:tup :tup

I cranked it up on the way home from work today and came away thinking that Sabbath never topped it.  :metal :metal

Certainly, Ozzy never topped his vocal performance on that song. The quieter moments are effortlessly sinister, and the louder bits are aggressively shaming! I love the jazzy shuffle from Bill while Geezer lays down a spooky bass line that slides smoothly into Tony’s patented doom riffs. Such a great composition in spite of the dated lyrics. :2metal:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline WildRanger

I went with 6 Sabbath tunes and only one Ozzy solo:

In my order of preference:
1) War Pigs
2) Snowblind
3) Symptom of the Universe
4) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
5) Into the Void
6) Children of the Grave
7) Mr. Crowley