Afterthoughts
0 (0%)
Something Very Strange
0 (0%)
Waiting For Me
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 20, 2019, 06:25:06 PM

Author Topic: Spock's Beard Survivor 2019 - Brief Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep - Round 1  (Read 471 times)

Online The Letter M

Brief Nocturnes & Dreamless Sleep
Hiding Out
I Know Your Secret
A Treasure Abandoned
Submerged
Afterthoughts
Something Very Strange
Waiting For Me

I figured I'd start the first round for the next album on the docket a bit early since I have the time. We finally reach the first album with Ted Leonard as the official front man for the band, as he had done at least one gig with the band prior to this album's recording, along with Jimmy Keegan as the drummer for the first time on an album. Curiously, Alan Morse had enlisted the help of his brother Neal once again (he previously used Neal's "The Emperor's Clothes", which I believe was an old demo he had from the early SB days), and created the "third" Thoughts song in "Afterthoughts". Neal also helped Alan with "Waiting For Me", this album's closing epic.

Over-all, this was a strong first outing for this version of the Beard, and I think it'll definitely stand the test of time, no matter how many more albums this band has!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I love this record  :heart

But the epic isn't that epic so Waiting For Me gets my vote.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Mladen

Yeah, I adore this album almost as much as X.

I Know Your Secret

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Easily my favourite Ted-era album.

Hiding Out. It's good, but the rest is better imo.

Offline DTA

Treasure. The outtakes from this album were really strong...possibly even better than some of the tracks on the main version.