News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Seneca v3 results

Started by senecadawg2, June 18, 2019, 09:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should everyone in Round 8 have to send the same type of submission?

Yes - the higher seeds will vote on their preference for EP, Greatest Hits, Album
No - each higher seed can choose for their respective matchup

senecadawg2

So, I've posted the rules. I'll reveal the theme options for round 1 tomorrow, around this time. In the meantime, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Quote from: wolfking on June 19, 2019, 04:54:07 AM
If there's still room mate, I'll play.  If not, no probs.  16 seems like a lot.

Nah, 16 is perfect :tup

ariich

A question and an observation.

When you say EP, album or greatest hits for rounds 8 and 9, do you mean existing ones or ones that we curate ourselves by multiple artists (except for greatest hits, obviously)?

And 1.5 points for just one album that matches the round theme with nothing for anyone else seems pretty harsh. :lol

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

senecadawg2

Good question. The ep will be curated by you (it will be a pretty typical 20-30 minutes, with at last three artists represented) as will the greatest hits (obviously one artist, as you said). The full album option will not be curated by you.

As for the bonus points, i think you may be right, and i'll put it to a vote.

The Walrus

16 players would be perfect for a tournament style roulette. :2metal:

Evermind

I like the rules. Hopefully no one else joins or I'll probably be eliminated after Round 3. :)
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Nekov

I think I understood the rules and I am OK with them.  :)

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

senecadawg2

Quote from: Evermind on June 19, 2019, 06:45:52 AM
I like the rules. Hopefully no one else joins or I'll probably be eliminated after Round 3. :)

Good to see that you're aiming high

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Ruba

Quote from: senecadawg2 on June 19, 2019, 04:26:15 AM
Quote from: Ruba on June 18, 2019, 09:48:01 PM
Dang, I would've been interested but apparently everyone and their wives have already signed in. :lol

No problem! If youre still interested, you make fifteen  :azn:

Sure thing, count me in.  :tup

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on June 19, 2019, 06:45:52 AM

This

Quote from: Nekov on June 19, 2019, 06:51:49 AM
I think I understood the rules and I am OK with them.  :)

I understand them enough to get going.  I'll worry about the gritty details when the time comes.

You're all playing for 2nd place, bitches.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Evermind

I will say, with this list of contestants and these rules and Nelson as the host (I've never played in any of his roulettes before), this is kinda like the DTF 2019 Championship Roulette for me. Excited as hell for this.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Sacul

I'm interested if there's some space left  :metal

Evermind

senecadawg2

Yessir, Sacul!

Its confirmed, there will be at least one casualty after round 3.

Evermind

It'll probably be Sacul because he'll be late for Round 3 :biggrin:

Sacul

senecadawg2

Round One Themes

Let me know which theme you select when you pm me. Also (and I'm just adding this to the first post as well), you should know that there is no length limit for any of these first three rounds, and that my preference for submission is just the name of the artist and song - no link required - so that I can simply look it up on Spotify and throw all the submissions into a single playlist. If you know for sure that it is not on Spotify, you can send it me however else you prefer.

Evermind

The hell :lol I'm tempted to pick cat pic cause I love cats but still, the hell :lol

I like how creative this is though. Gonna take a day to think on it.

Crow

Evermind

I think cat pic is a love theme, not a "get weird halfway through" theme tbh, but you do you

The Walrus

Dude, this is gonna be a fun roulette. I can already tell. Will send tonight!!

senecadawg2

Quote from: Evermind on June 19, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
I think cat pic is a love theme, not a "get weird halfway through" theme tbh, but you do you

Lol

Im excited to see what you guys come up with.

Ruba

Sent. I had two songs two choose from, one death/groove metal and one alternative/indie. Figured the latter might do better. :)

Evermind

The Walrus

ariich

Aha, I apparently misunderstood what you meant by choosing themes. I thought we'd be voting to choose the theme for everyone, rather than you provide a selection of themes and we each pick one for our submission. That's cool, should be interesting to see how people approach it.

ariich

By the way, on the vote about how to approach bonus points, I selected the third option based on my (possibly incorrect) interpretation that making an "attempt" at the theme means at least a somewhat reasonable attempt, and by your favourite you mean the one you think matches its theme best.

senecadawg2

Yes, thats the correct interpretation. Sorry if that wasnt as clear as it should have been.

romdrums

wolfking

Pardon my ignorance, what's the second animal?  Is it a racoon or something?

senecadawg2