Author Topic: Cyril's Roulette v6 (Final Results)  (Read 62314 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Cyril's Roulette v6 (Final Results)
« Reply #1575 on: January 02, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »
Out of Season is def a record for when you want something moody and slow.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1576 on: January 05, 2020, 12:08:55 AM »
more albums over the past few days

well this is a split and i only listened to the cavernous gate half of it but i like what i've heard. will check it out once they drop, y'know, a proper album. also don't think i didn't see this is from a member of helrunar, meaning you cheated twice in the final round :P

this is basically just one sound for 50ish minutes but, fortunately, a sound i quite like. definitely will be revisiting this one, it's got that ATMOSPHERE baby

i listened to both of these back-to-back since they're like full album length together only. cool sound these guys have going, a good take on the prog-pop style. tbh i should go back and check out agent fresco again too, it's been a bit. i don't know if there's gonna be a limb3 or if i should look out for a limb1 + limb2 package or something that feels like something that should exist

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1577 on: January 05, 2020, 01:38:47 AM »
I live by Jingle's rule of roulette. Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1578 on: January 05, 2020, 03:51:27 AM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1579 on: January 09, 2020, 09:16:24 PM »

decided i might as well listen to all their albums since they're all pretty short. this is... well honestly i didn't find it too memorable or that distinct from the other one i listened to, suspecting these guys are gonna have dance gavin dance syndrome for me where i like them in small doses but full albums lose me. ehh. we'll see

this is nice enough music but aside from the two big tracks none of it felt that... song-shaped? i did notice that the one motif was actually running through a lot of the album which is i guess kind of neat but also seems excessive? i don't think i'll revisit this but it was fine

i think the synth stuff on the last track is the most intrusive across the entire album for me, actually, a lot of the rest of this i didn't mind it & it's still a good black metal sound overall, so yeah, odds are this is gonna get a follow-up from me as well. liked this more than the album they put out last year, too

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1580 on: January 11, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »
Yeah that's fair, I love the album but I can see why it wouldn't attract you much. Curious to see what you'll think of Grace.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1581 on: January 12, 2020, 10:56:42 PM »

this is the worst album i've ever heard.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1582 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
:vomitard:

just kidding, it's quite good. i always expecting his stuff to be more singer-songwriter than it is bcuz of hallelujah but this has a good rock edge to it. i think the rest of the album after hallelujah isn't as strong but the first half or so is great stuff pretty consistently

aside from vampires, which is quite good, maybe should've given it a 4 in hindsight but w/e, the rest of this... either does nothing for me or actively annoys me in a few spots. not surprised, but, shrug

alright, so apparently they switched singers between the previous album and this one and yyyyeah i like this singer a lot more. this album felt a lot more interesting overall, in general. a bit more varied, a lot of hype stuff, saxophone on the outro like a boss. i'm gonna revisit this one and the first one again at least but i feel like i'm probably gonna settle on this one first

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1583 on: January 13, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
Yeah I was surprised to hear more rock songs than expected, such a great record.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1584 on: January 28, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »
hey i had two more albums but got distracted bcuz i started getting stuff in the mail

couldn't get past the vocals on this one and the drums on the second track were painful for some reason but otherwise it's... kinda neat? the song i was sent and the finale i both liked. i don't feel like revisiting it though

i sort of see why you sent the song off this you did since the rest isn't as fast-paced, closer to doom metal than anything it felt like? i didn't dislike it and it definitely has dis pater's style but i have had my fill of midnight odyssey for the year now and this is just diet midnight odyssey really

i may eventually check out other albums from the roulette but i've already got a pretty big backlog atm so who knows
i don't expect to run any roulettes this year tbh but we'll see