Author Topic: Happy Father's Day DTF!!  (Read 2265 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Happy Father's Day DTF!!
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
Happy Father's Day DTF!
I know this is a bit early for us, but not in Australia!

I wanted to share this..

I came across this video today and I watched it. I was balling like a baby. It's Cliff Burton's father talking about Cliff. It isn't that it's "Cliff Burton From Metallica" that makes it special, but it's merely about a dad, talking about his son, his son's dreams, and his son's friends. It really about cherishing and supporting your children.

I did not know this, but Cliff apparently wasn't the first child this family lost.

http://bravewords.com/news/late-metallica-bassist-cliff-burton-s-father-talks-supporting-your-child-s-dreams-look-at-your-kids-as-a-treasure-that-you-treat-with-love

If you have a spare 20 minutes it's really worth a watch. So many great childhood photos. To the world, he was Cliff Burton, but to his father, he was his boy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Happy Father's Day DTF!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:15:39 AM »
Happy Father's Day all.  I'll wager most are spending it like me ... 'just leave me alone'. Lol.

Got steaks ready for the 'cue later, and jingle.daughter baked brownies yesterday. Gonna chill and watch some Netflix. Literally ... not the euphemism.  :lol

:\
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
Happy Father's day to the Dads of DTF  :yarr

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
I was awoken to the smell of bacon this morning and minutes later my son brought up a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast to my bedroom.

So far, so good.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 06:19:57 AM »
Well, of course it's time for a bump.  Hope all my fellow dad's have an awesome day today.

And fo god's sake ... stay off Tim's lawn!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 06:53:21 AM »
Happy father's day. Mine is tempered this year but I am forever grateful to be around the greatness that is my family. Even Cody is still a part of it, if not physically. I prefer father's day to be low key for myself, so it might just be a lazy Sunday, but I hope all the dads feel love and appreciation for the gifts we have, both human and furry, and can take moments to feel that the love within the family is more important than any "holiday." Respect to my fellow patriarchs.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline frogprog

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »
Happy Father's Day, guys! Enjoy the day

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »
There’s a bunch of good Dads here on the DTF and I hope you all have a great day!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »
My last several weekends have been relentless, not to mention that work has been crazy. Today is actually the first day in weeks that I get to just sit on my couch and veg out.

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
Happy father's day gents...

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »
Happy Father's Day to all!  For better or worse, it's just another day; I'm going to putz around the house, maybe watch some auto racing... it's beautiful out, though, so I feel like I should experience that a bit instead of letting mushrooms grow. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »
There’s a bunch of good Dads here on the DTF and I hope you all have a great day!

Yeah this. It's like one big Dad support group.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 11:35:43 AM »
Happy Father’s Day DTF Dads!
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline T-ski

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2021, 12:11:58 PM »
Happy Fathers Day to my fellow Dads on the forum.

Hope we are all shown the love.

Online faizoff

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2021, 01:07:57 PM »
Happy Father's day everyone. 6-year-old daughter woke up early, found me, hugged me, and said "Happy father's day!" She did this on her own volition, she apparently knew it was father's day today from somewhere. Wasn't coached by mom or anything. I think that's all I really need.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 01:31:46 PM »
Happy Father's day everyone. 6-year-old daughter woke up early, found me, hugged me, and said "Happy father's day!" She did this on her own volition, she apparently knew it was father's day today from somewhere. Wasn't coached by mom or anything. I think that's all I really need.

Those are the best.

My 15 year old son just walked up to me and gave me a big hug. He said “Sorry I didn’t buy you anything but I love you and appreciate everything you do for me. Thanks for being a good Dad”

I’ll take they over anything he could have bought me.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »
Life of being a father to a 27 year old millennial... She managed to squeeze in a text from her camping trip lol

Online Snow Dog

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »
Happy Fathers Day to all the DTF dads! Hoping I can be as successful at this parenting thing as you guys seem to be!

It’s becoming a sort of tradition for my family by now to take a hike up Soda Mountain here in southern Oregon on Fathers Day weekend. My wife has taken a photo the past three times of me holding my son in pretty much the same spot each year. Next year will have two kiddos in the frame!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
Life of being a father to a 27 year old millennial... She managed to squeeze in a text from her camping trip lol

:lol

That’s a cool tradition Snow Dog.  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
Awesome pics Snow Dog!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »
Just want to say thanks to all the Father's here that are their for their kids.

Mine left before I was born and never looked back so this day can be be very hard, but one day I hope to remedy all that and be there for my future children.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 04:30:29 PM »
Happy Fathers Day to all the DTF dads! Hoping I can be as successful at this parenting thing as you guys seem to be!

It’s becoming a sort of tradition for my family by now to take a hike up Soda Mountain here in southern Oregon on Fathers Day weekend. My wife has taken a photo the past three times of me holding my son in pretty much the same spot each year. Next year will have two kiddos in the frame!

Awesome pics! Plus 1 for the Packers cap.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »
Happy Father's Day DTF!
I know this is a bit early for us, but not in Australia!

I wanted to share this..

I came across this video today and I watched it. I was balling like a baby. It's Cliff Burton's father talking about Cliff. It isn't that it's "Cliff Burton From Metallica" that makes it special, but it's merely about a dad, talking about his son, his son's dreams, and his son's friends. It really about cherishing and supporting your children.

I did not know this, but Cliff apparently wasn't the first child this family lost.

http://bravewords.com/news/late-metallica-bassist-cliff-burton-s-father-talks-supporting-your-child-s-dreams-look-at-your-kids-as-a-treasure-that-you-treat-with-love

If you have a spare 20 minutes it's really worth a watch. So many great childhood photos. To the world, he was Cliff Burton, but to his father, he was his boy.

Actually, you're three months early for Australia.  ;D

Nevertheless, happy fathers day all you guys.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online faizoff

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 07:43:01 PM »
Congrats on the 2nd one Snow Dog, that's an awesome tradition!

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 07:56:28 PM »
Congrats on the 2nd one Snow Dog, that's an awesome tradition!

The tradition of having more kids? :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 07:59:26 PM »
LMAO, poor formatting!