Author Topic: Tangerine Dream  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Fritzinger

Tangerine Dream
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:39:11 AM »
Thanks to Stranger things, Nils Frahm and Steven Wilson I've been getting into older electronic music lately. Of course, the pioneers of this genre are the Berlin based Tangerine Dream. I have been listening to their music a lot over the last week and I love it. It puts me into some kind of trance. When Steven Wilson is asked for his absolute favourite album, he always mentions Zeit.

The albums I have listened to so far are Stratosfear, Rubycon, Zeit and their EP Quantum Key. All of them are great. At the moment I can't get enough of Rubycon and I have even listened to it while studying - at least 25 times over the last few days.

What are your thoughts?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

Re: Tangerine Dream
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 01:27:00 PM »
I heard a lot of Tangerine Dream music growing up, as my dad is a fan.  Their mid 80's stretch of albums starting with Green Desert and ending with Tyger are all great.  I'd recommend checking out Logos as well.  I saw them on the 220 Volt Live tour in 1993 and like that live album as well.
PBR me ASAP

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:06:31 PM »
I love listening to Zeit before falling asleep.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
They did a great soundtrack to the movie "Legend". 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 11:38:22 AM »
I love listening to Zeit before falling asleep.

Me too! It's a great album for listening to consciously AND while falling asleep/studying/chilling.

I heard a lot of Tangerine Dream music growing up, as my dad is a fan.  Their mid 80's stretch of albums starting with Green Desert and ending with Tyger are all great.  I'd recommend checking out Logos as well.  I saw them on the 220 Volt Live tour in 1993 and like that live album as well.

I haven't heard any 80s stuff yet. I recently bought the Warsaw Concert on vinyl, but haven't had the chance to check it out. Do you know this one? Would you say it's a good start into the 80s-Tangerine Dream?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 01:18:57 PM »