Author Topic: American Gods - TV adaptation (merged)  (Read 5265 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: American Gods - TV adaptation (merged)
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 01:59:07 PM »
S2 started last night, and it was a pretty dramatic re-introduction to the show. God I wish they'd do more of Nancy, love that frikkin character.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 03:52:23 PM »
Yeah Mr Nancy continues to be brilliant. Really cool episode but I do wish they'd done the House on the Rock at the end of season 1 like they originally planned.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2019, 06:28:31 PM »
I was actually ok with the S1 ending, and I felt this gave S2 a good rolling start.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »
So I've finished season 2.

What.
The.
Hell.

Did I step into an alternate dimension where it's not A Song of Ice and Fire, but American Gods which is not finished, and the authors have to come up with the story? what's this? this is not American Gods, this is a story inspired by American Gods and that uses its characters.... and it bloody sucks!

It's an uncoherent, unfollowable pretentious mess. It makes no sense as adaptation (what's left from the book, 5% ?), and it makes no sense as an original story based on the characters. One thing is to streamline things, to adapt, to change here and there to make concessions to the visual medium, but they completely derailed the story, made tertiary characters protagonists, and made the villain so over the top that it's laughably bad.

What a waste of good production values and an amazing cast - Ian McShane was basically the best one could ever hope for to play Wednesday. And also Mr. Nancy and Mad Sweeney were great. But the story is a complete trainwreck, and a damage to anyone who has not read the book and certainly won't do so after seeing it.

They should cancel it and reboot it 5-10 years down the line. I don't know why they screwed up so, so, so badly.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!