Author Topic: Rambo: Last Blood  (Read 2089 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Rambo: Last Blood
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:27:12 PM »
Didn't know they were working on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_L0v3C0ms

:metal

Offline pg1067

Re: Rambo: Last Blood
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:39 PM »
It was in the list I posted a couple months ago in this thread:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53630.0

The trailer looks vaguely interesting; it could be really good or really bad.  The first Rambo movie was EPIC.  The second was ok.  The third was pretty bad, and I don't even remember a fourth.  I may partake.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »
I have never seen a Rambo movie.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »

I don't know your taste in movies, but the first one is what a lot of folks would call "essential" (a term I generally loathe).

The interesting thing about Rambo movies, is that the body count in the first one was 1.  The body counts in the remaining movies escalated exponentially.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »

First one is definitely worth watching.

Two is fun and entertaining, but is a far cry from the tone of the original
Three is bargain bin 
Four is a bloody fun mess, but only if you really dig the series
Five looks like whatever, Home alone rambo anyone?  :lol
  -makes me think that had a script laying around for another movie and figured they would slap the rambo name on it

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
I grew up in the 80s but somehow missed a ton of "essential" 80s movies, and never backtracked to catch up on them. I remember as a kid watching Beverly Hills Cop and my mom abruptly turned it off due to all the foul language. I recall renting it, so maybe my dad rented it for us. My best friends at the time loved it which was how I heard about it and I was pissed they got to see it and I didn't.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:18:34 PM »
It was in the list I posted a couple months ago in this thread:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53630.0

The trailer looks vaguely interesting; it could be really good or really bad.  The first Rambo movie was EPIC.  The second was ok.  The third was pretty bad, and I don't even remember a fourth.  I may partake.

Oh you are right. I may have forgotten I saw it listed there

Offline PetFish

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:07 PM »
Awesome!

First one is definitely worth watching.
Two is fun and entertaining, but is a far cry from the tone of the original
Three is bargain bin 
Four is a bloody fun mess, but only if you really dig the series

One is great and mostly since it shows how devastating PTSD is 25 years before people really knew what PTSD is.

Two is probably my favourite: super-jacked Rambo, an Asian hottie, and The Man (x2, a Russian and a 'Murican), and cool Russian military toys.

Three was cool, mostly cuz they guy is like "I can see you have no experience in war, do you?  Come on, DO YOU?".  Little does he know the shit Rambo has seen and done.

Four is amazing, not for the "bloody fun mess", but for shedding an extremely disturbing light on what's actually going on over there.  It's heartbreaking what civilians are going through.  The previous movies dealt more with law/military "enemies" whereas this one hits way closer to home in that these are just people trying to live their lives.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »
It looks sorta silly. They should have ended it with the last one, which I thought was the perfect cap. But I'm not going to let the trailer prevent me from going to see it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 07:12:45 PM »
The first one, First Blood, is one of my top 5 movies ever probably (at least if I only give a series like Star Wars one spot haha).  Such a masterpiece.  Given how much I love that one it's crazy I've only seen number 2 maybe once (so long ago I don't remember), three a couple of times (so long ago I don't remember) and the last one just a couple of times (this one I remember liking, but when in a Rambo mood it's hard to pass on First Blood).  Rocky is a different story, I've seen all the Rocky movies tons of times, I like them all (although only Rocky IV is also in my top 5 all time movies).

I'll definitely see this new one in the theater when it comes out.