Author Topic: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu series)  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu series)
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »
Based off the book from 1985, this is one hell of a show. It has 2 seasons so far.

Oh my god. What chilling show. A false flag attack allows a suspension of the constitution and for a super religious sect to rise to power. Its pure dystopian, cult like totalitarianism and its quite a watch.  Here's a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81PyH5TH-NQ

Anyone else what this show at all?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 05:30:22 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline faizoff

Re: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu series)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:25:00 PM »
Love the show, bleak and depressing as hell. I can't wait for season 3 which should be starting very soon.. in like 10 days. I never read the book and I think they already surpassed it so season 2 is almost all new stuff.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 03:18:20 AM »
The Alabama abortion law was passed mere days ago and they already made a TV show about it? wow, shows get produced very fast these days!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
I don't think there is a single show on TV that makes me suffer and enjoy so much at the same time. It is brutal. I'm eagerly awaiting for season 3 to arrive.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 08:26:54 AM »
Elizabeth Moss is one of the best female actors working today.  It is shocking to me how much "story" she conveys just by using her facial expressions alone.  The episode that aired yesterday was just simply outstanding.  And she definitely deserves the Emmy award she will undoubtedly win for it.

The homosexual overtures between the DC commander and Commander Waterford was a very interesting plot twist I did not see coming.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »
I'm on the 5th episode.

The wife of the Commander is sooo terrifying. To watch how she goes from being super kind and nurturing when she thinks there's a pregnancy and then to harsh, cold and brutal the moment she realizes that there isn't a pregnancy is so scary. Its some real psychopath stuff.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
This season has been super slow and meandering so far. The first 2 seasons had a tight script and storyline. I have no idea where things are going so far in season 3. This show is starting to slump a bit.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 08:10:18 AM »
This season has been super slow and meandering so far. The first 2 seasons had a tight script and storyline. I have no idea where things are going so far in season 3. This show is starting to slump a bit.

I feel the same way. 4 episodes into the third season and I already feel they have lost their way. The story was never fast, but at least in the previous season there was a permanent tension that kept me on the edge of my seat. This season however, June seams to be able to do whatever she wants without any grave consequence. The other thing I think is bothering me is that they are spending more time on the Canadian side. While I understand why that is, it feels too distracting. I'll watch one, maybe two more episodes, but if things don't change I'll probably be dropping this show
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 08:23:25 AM »
Thought season 3 was fantastic for the most part. Pumped for next season.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Volante99

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 10:05:42 PM »

I feel the same way. 4 episodes into the third season and I already feel they have lost their way. The story was never fast, but at least in the previous season there was a permanent tension that kept me on the edge of my seat. This season however, June seams to be able to do whatever she wants without any grave consequence. The other thing I think is bothering me is that they are spending more time on the Canadian side. While I understand why that is, it feels too distracting. I'll watch one, maybe two more episodes, but if things don't change I'll probably be dropping this show

I will say the last 2-3 episodes got better but that was a chore to get through. An entire episode dedicated to Aunt Lydia’s backstory in the middle of the season? Oooof