Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 139830 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #3045 on: May 22, 2024, 10:22:22 AM »
Also, my pallet isn't of a child  :biggrin:

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3046 on: May 22, 2024, 10:24:32 AM »
Tom (can I call you Tom?), we're rooting for you; pop in once in a while to let us know how you're doing.

Thanks! Of course you can call me Tom.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3047 on: May 22, 2024, 11:05:51 AM »
This is kind of my take. If they're coming in and cleaning every day, maybe I'd feel more inclined to tip, but I specificly keep them out of my room from check-in to check-out. I also keep my rooms pretty clean. Kind of seems to me like they should be the ones leaving me a tip for making their job easier. I don't mean that in a Mr. Pink kind of way, I'm a generous tipper, but I try to make sure housekeeping likes me as a guest.
I wish there was a sign I could put on the door that has them come in and empty garbage and give me fresh towels. Otherwise I don't want or need maid service during my stay. I don't need my bed made or the tp folded into a decorative triangle.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3048 on: May 22, 2024, 11:12:16 AM »
So, it's not that I don't tip, or don't like to tip (I mean, I'm not thrilled about it), but what I strongly push back is the EXPECTATION to tip, and the outright begging.

My first tipping issue on our trip was we stopped in Kohola, in the northern part of The Big Island. It was a local deli/sandwich shop, so we thought we'd hit it.

I ordered a BBQ Chicken sandwich without red onion, and I asked for my pineapples (the sandwich came with onions and pineapples on it) on the side. When I asked to get my pineapples on the side, the bitch lady taking my order rolled her eyes when I asked for them on the side. WTF?

Anyway, she prints the credit card slip and at the bottom of the slip there's a suggested 18% and 20% tip, and she fucking circled it to draw my attention to it!! What? Now this is before they make our food, so I left a tip that was definitely and easily less than the 18%.

(I did get my pineapples on the side, but they were canned pineapple chunks in a plastic cup, not a nice slice or two of local fresh pineapple. Also, when they fucked up my wife's salad order, she proceeded to insult my wife to another worker!)

Anyway...

For our last night we stayed at one particular hotel. I mean, the tiny (they had the nerve to call it a suite!) room cost a fortune, and while it did include an evening reception with two free drinks, and a nice breakfast, I saw THIS on the stand..

What in the fucking fuck is this?? Are you serious? And I can do by scanning a QR code? Fuck that!

We paid more than enough for the hotel to pay their staff adequately.

I'm still pissed! :lol

Just WOW! I can't relate to the "new world" we live in. I feel like I fell out of a time machine into a sick joke.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3049 on: May 22, 2024, 11:23:09 AM »
I wish there was a sign I could put on the door that has them come in and empty garbage and give me fresh towels. Otherwise I don't want or need maid service during my stay. I don't need my bed made or the tp folded into a decorative triangle.

Well you could leave your trash outside your room and call the front desk for fresh towels. I have seen a trend where hotels wash you're towels only on request. Personally, I don't like anyone coming into my room so depending on the length, I may have them clean my room once.

When we used to travel to resorts, I would leave a fiver on the pillow as a tip.

Restaurants - I normally tip 20% because of easy math but it's rare that I get shitty service.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3050 on: May 22, 2024, 12:12:03 PM »
I've noticed in some hotels I stayed at that they make it a point to tell you they won't clean your room for the duration of your stay. If you need anything then call the front desk. That's the way I like it. Wish more were that way.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3051 on: May 22, 2024, 12:27:31 PM »
I've noticed in some hotels I stayed at that they make it a point to tell you they won't clean your room for the duration of your stay. If you need anything then call the front desk. That's the way I like it. Wish more were that way.

I refuse it. Like you said, if I need something I'll ask. Always keep my room clean during my stay and more importantly do not trust strangers potentially going through personals, ie. medication, food, beverages etc..

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3052 on: May 22, 2024, 03:47:03 PM »
I wish there was a more automated way than asking. Because that usually requires a phone call or talking to another living human being, which I typically try to avoid. :lol

I typically put out the do not disturb sign, but let them in every 2-3 days to freshen up.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3053 on: May 22, 2024, 03:56:10 PM »
I think that's part of the problem with society today. We're losing the ability to communicate face to face or at least in conversation.

My neices and nephews never answer a call but if I text them, instant response. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3054 on: May 22, 2024, 05:12:36 PM »
I think that's part of the problem with society today. We're losing the ability to communicate face to face or at least in conversation.

My neices and nephews never answer a call but if I text them, instant response. Lol
I have no problem communicating face to face, but I'm right there with the youngin's. Nine times out of ten a text or email is the best way to go.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3055 on: May 22, 2024, 05:14:35 PM »
I text big time. I get it.  But to shun other avenues it the crux of the problem. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3056 on: May 22, 2024, 06:10:42 PM »
One of the things that drove me towards being a generous tipper was discovering that for some jobs that are known to be tipping jobs (waitresses for example) they are automatically taxed a flat rate for what their assumed tips are whether they get them or not.

Meaning that basically, if they serve you and don’t get a tip at all, they will be taxed as if they did.

Of course IIRC, that is optional. On your taxes, you can either take the flat tax, or meticulously keep every receipt and document every tip all year long. But that way is very time consuming and labor intensive which means most people opt for the flat rate.

Of course, I heard that from people in the industry decades ago and I’m not sure if that is still accurate or if maybe things have changed since then.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3057 on: May 22, 2024, 06:18:12 PM »
Family SUCKS and money ruins everything. I find out today my first cousin/Godson got married a month ago. All because my Uncle is a pussy and his wife is a POS.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3058 on: May 22, 2024, 06:42:51 PM »
Family SUCKS and money ruins everything. I find out today my first cousin/Godson got married a month ago. All because my Uncle is a pussy and his wife is a POS.

That's rough mate.

But yeah, family do suck and money does ruin things and tears families apart.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3059 on: May 22, 2024, 09:14:08 PM »
TIL some people tip at hotels. Never heard of this practice. I don't even think my parents knew/know about it. Kind of feel like an asshole now. Is that really a thing? How much? And you just...leave cash on the bed or something?

EDIT: Like some others mentioned, I also put the DND thing on the door (means no maid service for the entire stay). I guess that makes me feel better

I ran a hotel for a while and almost no one ever tipped housekeeping, it's definitely not the norm from what I've seen. I'll usually leave $5 or $10 if I'm staying more than one night.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3060 on: May 22, 2024, 09:54:52 PM »
One of the things that drove me towards being a generous tipper was discovering that for some jobs that are known to be tipping jobs (waitresses for example) they are automatically taxed a flat rate for what their assumed tips are whether they get them or not.

Meaning that basically, if they serve you and don’t get a tip at all, they will be taxed as if they did.

Of course IIRC, that is optional. On your taxes, you can either take the flat tax, or meticulously keep every receipt and document every tip all year long. But that way is very time consuming and labor intensive which means most people opt for the flat rate.

Of course, I heard that from people in the industry decades ago and I’m not sure if that is still accurate or if maybe things have changed since then.
That's partially correct. At least in some places. Miraculously, there's this amazing coincidence where the tax on expected tips per hour is exactly the same as the minimum wage for tipped personnel. Basically your paid salary goes to the Uncle Sammy and you keep all of your tips. It doesn't matter a lot. As they say, the house always wins. Still, it's not as bad as it sounds.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3061 on: May 23, 2024, 06:50:18 AM »
Had a city inspection yesterday at work. Some very minor violations were found for Haz waste, where some things did not have the proper label (they were labeled, just not the label approved by the city). The inspection involved 4 people, but most of the "violations" could be addressed by me simply putting a label on containers. A guy that was part of the inspection but works in a different department blew the whole thing out of proportion and for some reason now I am in long email chains with the leadership team that have nothing to do with the work I do, or have no idea how the inspection actually went (which all things considered, it was a pretty smooth inspection).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3062 on: May 23, 2024, 06:53:17 AM »
That's partially correct. At least in some places. Miraculously, there's this amazing coincidence where the tax on expected tips per hour is exactly the same as the minimum wage for tipped personnel. Basically your paid salary goes to the Uncle Sammy and you keep all of your tips. It doesn't matter a lot. As they say, the house always wins. Still, it's not as bad as it sounds.

And I'm sorry to be "that guy", but if a person has a tax obligation, that's their problem.  I feel no obligation to tip in the sense that I never feel like "if I don't leave 20% someone's not going to be able to eat tonight!".  The onus is still on them; if they don't put in the effort, I don't feel an obligation to tip.  It's their call to make: "I have this tax obligation, I better hustle tonight".  If they don't put in the effort I assume they're good with the tip they're earning.

Now, that's a little bit "keyboard warrior"; I tend to over tip at restaurants and bars, and I tend to adjust only infrequently, but we can't forget the fact that for most people - independent of the tipping conversation - jobs are a two-way street.  A "wage" is not free money for showing up.

EDIT:  It's fascinating to watch my kids grow up and see their attitudes change about work.  All three that are post-high school, post-college age started out with the "WTF, I was only ten minutes late, chill, the world's not going to end! Why did she dock my pay! Bitch!" attitude and now that their livelihood depends on the hustle and work ethic of others, it's a different story...  :) :) :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3063 on: May 23, 2024, 06:55:36 AM »
Had a city inspection yesterday at work. Some very minor violations were found for Haz waste, where some things did not have the proper label (they were labeled, just not the label approved by the city). The inspection involved 4 people, but most of the "violations" could be addressed by me simply putting a label on containers. A guy that was part of the inspection but works in a different department blew the whole thing out of proportion and for some reason now I am in long email chains with the leadership team that have nothing to do with the work I do, or have no idea how the inspection actually went (which all things considered, it was a pretty smooth inspection).

I'm sure at some point we talked about what you do and where you do it, but it's escaping me right now; I do know that I have some measure of experience with hazard waste and corresponding inspections, and in my experience, being cited for "well, there's a label, but not the EXACT RIGHT label" is pretty much their way of saying "This looks pretty fucking good, but it looks suss if I don't find ANYTHING, so here you go...". 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:19:20 AM by Stadler »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3064 on: May 23, 2024, 05:48:08 PM »
I'm sure at some point we talked about what you do and where you do it, but it's escaping me right now; I do know that I have some measure of experience with hazard waste and corresponding inspections, and in my experience, being cited for "well, there's a label, but not the EXACT RIGHT label" is pretty much their way of saying "This looks pretty fucking good, but it looks suss if I don't find ANYTHING, so here you go...".
And that's pretty much what it was. We received the report from the agency and they just asked for documents from the last 3 years, which we have.

And I work in facilities management and compliance

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3065 on: May 26, 2024, 02:38:54 PM »
So....this will be a long post....using it to vent and get opinions.

Last Saturday my youngest son and I played golf at a tournament for his Hockey Club. After the round was over, I was putting our bags away in my car.....and told him to hop in the cart and take it over to the cart return. He's 13 and had driven the cart a little bit on the course but he's far from an experienced driver. The cart return was maybe 50ft from where we were so he hopped in the cart and started driving it over.

As he did that....a truck came around a turn in the parking lot....moving quick but not burning out.....pulled out into the lane kind of blocking the cart return.....seen him....then hit the brakes. My son, being young and inexperienced....panicked a bit and did little to avoid the truck.....and ended up side swiping the guys front bumper with the golf cart. The black golf cart front rubbed all along this guys bumper. No dents....just black streaks.

The guy jumped out...I ran over.....my son was fine but there was damage on his bumper. He takes a look at it and we both kind of rub on it and the rubber was peeling off a bit....and he says "man...don't worry about it....no big deal, we're all good"  I asked if he was sure and he said yeah it looked like it'd come off with some buffing. I said thanks....my son apologized and said thanks and that was that. So I thought.

About twenty minutes later we were eating the after tournament dinner and he come walking back in to find me. He says "I'm really sorry but this is actually my dads truck and I Facetimed him and he wants to get your information" I walked outside with him and we called his dad....I gave him my phone number and address but we never exchanged insurance nor did we get the police involved. His son and i went back over to his bumper....I video'd both of us looking at the bumper, wiping the scuff marks off with our thumbs and both agreeing on video that this looked like it'd clean up.

That was Saturday....on Thursday I receive a letter from his Dad with an estimate from a shop to repair his bumper to the tune of $750.62.  :omg:   Clealry that's a lot of $$$ especially for something that I had believed to be repairable by him or his son....and below is the text exchange we had after I recieved the letter. I'll also post a pic of the bumper. Keep in mind there were/are no dents in the bumper.....just this black rubber streaks.

Conversation:

Bumper:

(the second estimate was higher...$1,080.29)

That was it. He did not respond to my last post. I don't want to just cut and run and be a dick and not pay anything because my son did hit the truck....but that wasn't all to the story. I should have had the police come and file a report because this was a golf tournment.....long day of drinking for a lot of folks and I guarantee that's why his son was quick to just say "we're all good".

I just don't think I should be on the hook for the full $750. I'm willing to pay $400-500 but this guy is just not budging. His son did say his dad is a retired police chief so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm on the fence on whether I just pay the $750 to the auto shop and let that be that or if I dig in and be difficult. But I don't know what type of legal trouble I could face if I refuse to pay the whole thing in full.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3066 on: May 26, 2024, 03:10:22 PM »
That's a lot to chew on.

I feel like if the guy said that you were all good, then I'd tell the dude to take it up with his son.

If he hasn't responded to your last post, then I'd lay low. I wouldn't pay more than 50% of the repair, and I'd tell the guy the next time he lends his truck to his son, his son should be more careful and not drive wrecklessly through a parking lot. I mean, you can say whatever at this point. There's no police report of country club accident report.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3067 on: May 26, 2024, 03:17:21 PM »
As I know Chad, I'm glad he is the man, the father, he is today.  Thank you, Chad.

Hell, Tim is an awesome dad as well. You guys rock. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3068 on: May 26, 2024, 03:29:42 PM »
That's a lot to chew on.

I feel like if the guy said that you were all good, then I'd tell the dude to take it up with his son.

If he hasn't responded to your last post, then I'd lay low. I wouldn't pay more than 50% of the repair, and I'd tell the guy the next time he lends his truck to his son, his son should be more careful and not drive wrecklessly through a parking lot. I mean, you can say whatever at this point. There's no police report of country club accident report.

This is kind of where I'm at and would be comfortable doing. I just don't know what type of legal obligation I have?? There was no report filed so no real party identified as 'at fault'. At this point, anything I pay towards this is out of morale responsibility and doing the right thing rather than legal. I'm not trying to get out of doing what is right.....I am just having a real hard time with swallowing a $750 bill....especially when he wouldn't even give me the chance to see if it just cleans right off??

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3069 on: May 26, 2024, 03:37:33 PM »
This is kind of where I'm at and would be comfortable doing. I just don't know what type of legal obligation I have?? There was no report filed so no real party identified as 'at fault'. At this point, anything I pay towards this is out of morale responsibility and doing the right thing rather than legal. I'm not trying to get out of doing what is right.....I am just having a real hard time with swallowing a $750 bill....especially when he wouldn't even give me the chance to see if it just cleans right off??

Don't get taken advantage of being morale. If the guy had any morals, he would've taken care of it with his father instead of chasing you down.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure you have any legal responsibility. It's really your word against his, and he already told you to not worry about it.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3070 on: May 26, 2024, 03:45:21 PM »
Don't get taken advantage of being morale. If the guy had any morals, he would've taken care of it with his father instead of chasing you down.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure you have any legal responsibility. It's really your word against his, and he already told you to not worry about it.

I'm with Tim on this. Another person looking for quick cash and can buff it out himself. Ppl like this piss me the fuck off honestly. I hope you don't get a picture of the guy in a neck brace next.  :censored

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3071 on: May 26, 2024, 03:57:02 PM »
As I know Chad, I'm glad he is the man, the father, he is today.  Thank you, Chad.

Hell, Tim is an awesome dad as well. You guys rock.

Thanks, Joe!!

I think as we lose our parents, no matter what the circumstances are, one thing that a lot of us share is that...it's all on us now.  We're at the top of the chain, so to speak, and I think that can cause more than a little freaking out. At some point, all we are is all we are.
We really just have to lean into it confidently.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3072 on: May 26, 2024, 03:58:53 PM »
I'm with Tim on this. Another person looking for quick cash and can buff it out himself. Ppl like this piss me the fuck off honestly. I hope you don't get a picture of the guy in a neck brace next.  :censored

Better yet, send him a picture of your son in a neck brace and tell him that he will no longer be hearing from you.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3073 on: May 26, 2024, 04:40:57 PM »

He's not making a buck though, he wanted the check made out to the body shop. I get where the guy is coming from, to a degree, but like to think I would take a "let's meet in the middle" approach like Gary is suggesting, which seems reasonable based on his telling of the events. Gary, did the estimate spell out the scope of work?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3074 on: May 26, 2024, 04:56:31 PM »
He's not making a buck though, he wanted the check made out to the body shop. I get where the guy is coming from, to a degree, but like to think I would take a "let's meet in the middle" approach like Gary is suggesting, which seems reasonable based on his telling of the events. Gary, did the estimate spell out the scope of work?

It did. They maintain that the only way to fully repair it is to remove the bumper…..sand, paint, polish and clear coat. It’s a full blown repair. Which was the point I was trying to make to him is of course they’re going to give you that type of estimate…..they want to make money.

I have a video of me and his son rubbing away the black streaks. All I asked him was for the chance to come a clean it off to see for myself if this really needs to be reworked the way it’s quoted.

I get his desire to have a fully repaired bumper but at the same time it’s a 2019 truck…..there’s going to be five years of wear and tear as well. I’m not wanting to evade paying…..I just don’t think I should be on the hook for the full amount.

He does not want a personal check so I don’t think he’s trying to make money at all. He just wants a fully repaired bumper which I get as well. Again….i think it should be a shared cost given the circumstances of how the accident happened.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3075 on: May 26, 2024, 04:56:52 PM »
Tim, my dad's passing in May 29th. I'm so emotional right now. 3

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3076 on: May 26, 2024, 05:09:10 PM »
Tim, my dad's passing in May 29th. I'm so emotional right now. 3

I feel ya man.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3077 on: May 26, 2024, 06:15:59 PM »
He does not want a personal check so I don’t think he’s trying to make money at all. He just wants a fully repaired bumper which I get as well. Again….i think it should be a shared cost given the circumstances of how the accident happened.

Would you be able to call him and speak rather than text?  That would give you a chance to verbally explain what you witnessed, the fact that alcohol could have been a factor, and that your son, while inexperienced, did manage to swerve and avoid a vehicle that zipped around a corner? 

That would allow you the chance to say "hey, I'm cool with 50% of the bill, since the driver of the truck is also 50% at fault here" and the dad can then get on his own son for the remainder of the cost.

I will say that the cost of auto parts is SKY HIGH right now and we're seeing larger automobile insurance claim costs in my industry.  You could ask if the shop is putting on a used bumper vs. a new bumper.  Ask the shop for an updated quote.  If the cost is better, you can then say that you'll pay for the quote with the used part and he can kick in the difference if he wants a brand new bumper.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3078 on: May 26, 2024, 06:34:56 PM »
Would you be able to call him and speak rather than text?  That would give you a chance to verbally explain what you witnessed, the fact that alcohol could have been a factor, and that your son, while inexperienced, did manage to swerve and avoid a vehicle that zipped around a corner? 

That would allow you the chance to say "hey, I'm cool with 50% of the bill, since the driver of the truck is also 50% at fault here" and the dad can then get on his own son for the remainder of the cost.

I will say that the cost of auto parts is SKY HIGH right now and we're seeing larger automobile insurance claim costs in my industry.  You could ask if the shop is putting on a used bumper vs. a new bumper.  Ask the shop for an updated quote.  If the cost is better, you can then say that you'll pay for the quote with the used part and he can kick in the difference if he wants a brand new bumper.

I think this is my next move. I run the risk of getting ticked off and losing my cool should he dig in but I’d just have to really focus and relax prior to the call.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3079 on: May 26, 2024, 08:24:54 PM »
I think this is my next move. I run the risk of getting ticked off and losing my cool should he dig in but I’d just have to really focus and relax prior to the call.

Good luck!

When I was a kid, I learned from a friend how to "ghost ride" a bike or scooter - get going really fast, then jump off and let it continue on, uncontrolled.  I did that in my driveway once and the scooter crossed to the neighbor's driveway, where the handlebar scratched the neighbor's car.  My dad was mad at me for being dumb, and he fully paid for the repairs because I was 100% at fault.

If what you saw makes you feel that your son wasn't 100% at fault, then you have every right to explain to the other dad that you really do want to make things right, but in hindsight and replaying the situation in your mind, your son acted responsibly, was driving the golf cart in an appropriate area and did his absolute best to avoid the truck.  Give him a few options and see what happens.