Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132162 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2625 on: January 17, 2024, 08:34:51 AM »
I'm a grown man!!!  :)

You're a grown (OLD) man! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2626 on: January 17, 2024, 08:35:22 AM »
Sounds like a stomach flu or something, get well soon, but that feeling of non stop puking/shitting is pretty bad after a day, like aren't you empty?? Although the worst is the chills/sweat, that's how you know you are really sick.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #2627 on: January 17, 2024, 08:39:26 AM »
Well, yesterday:  about 8:30, 9:00 pm I threw up.  Three times.  Then pretty much like clockwork, every hour or so, plus or minus, vomiting and diahrhea up until this morning.  Last Kesel Run to the bathroom was about 8:00 this morning.  I'm on a work call I couldn't reschedule, but after this is done I'm going to bed, see if I can get some sleep.

I haven't thrown up in over a decade and I forgot how shitty it is.  Chills, sweats, and at first I think I shit my pants twice until I got the system down.  How humiliating.   I'm a grown man!!!  :)

I'd recommend testing for COVID...had similar symptoms two months ago, and decided to test (mostly bc it's been going around work). For the first time (after 4 years and literally hundreds of tests) I tested positive.

I'm immune-compramised and have a history of lung ailments, so I hopped on a virtual appointment and they put me on Paxlovid right away. Withing two doses I felt wayyyyyyy better. Never developed the cough, and other than isolating for the remainder of the week, was back to my old self in a few days.

Might just be the stomach flu, but if it's Covid, the anti-viral can be the difference between a stint on the couch vs. a stint in the hospital.

Either way, hope you feel better soon.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2628 on: January 17, 2024, 08:47:48 AM »
Well, yesterday:  about 8:30, 9:00 pm I threw up.  Three times.  Then pretty much like clockwork, every hour or so, plus or minus, vomiting and diahrhea up until this morning.  Last Kesel Run to the bathroom was about 8:00 this morning.  I'm on a work call I couldn't reschedule, but after this is done I'm going to bed, see if I can get some sleep.

I haven't thrown up in over a decade and I forgot how shitty it is.  Chills, sweats, and at first I think I shit my pants twice until I got the system down.  How humiliating.   I'm a grown man!!!  :)

You pregnant?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2629 on: January 17, 2024, 09:34:20 AM »
If not for the chills and sweats, I'd have thought food poisoning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #2630 on: January 17, 2024, 10:18:08 AM »
My client (also a lawyer) had a super similar thing. Said it turned out to be Flu B or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2631 on: January 17, 2024, 10:36:23 AM »

Had a very similar experience about two months ago.....it was about 12 hours of hell. At one point around 4am I was collapsed on my bathroom floor with zero energy to really move or do anything.....was just drained. I also had to make the choice at one point to just vomit/dry heave onto the floor as I was also sitting on the toilet going through that aspect as well. It was just utterly brutal.

Then....magically.....after a half days rest and rehydrating I was just back to normal. I thought maybe food poisoning because we had went out to a Mexican restaurant that previous night but no one else we went with got sick. I'm assuming it was just a little 24 hr stomach bug.

But yeah....vomiting sucks....especially when you reach the point of there being nothing left to expunge.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline emtee

« Reply #2632 on: January 17, 2024, 10:42:06 AM »
Had a brutal bout of stomach flu. Then the wife got it. Fever, chills, aches for first 36 hours, then brutal diarrhea and stomach pain for 2.5 days. Took 5 days to feel normal.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2633 on: January 17, 2024, 01:18:37 PM »

Shit man, that sounds awful.  Hope you shake it off soon.

Yeah, sounds like a gastro bug or something.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2634 on: January 17, 2024, 07:18:25 PM »

What a bummer. Hope you're doing better. Good news is that you're very likely already on the mend. Doesn't take long to purge the system.

Just got over one, myself. Relatively mild, but still sucky. Weird thing for me and my immune system. I don't get sick more often or more severely than anybody else for the most part. GI stuff is different, though. After the initial night of misery I'm better, but it takes weeks to months to get things really back to normal. About 3 weeks for this round.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2635 on: January 17, 2024, 07:49:09 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2636 on: January 18, 2024, 01:06:58 PM »

Had a very similar experience about two months ago.....it was about 12 hours of hell. At one point around 4am I was collapsed on my bathroom floor with zero energy to really move or do anything.....was just drained. I also had to make the choice at one point to just vomit/dry heave onto the floor as I was also sitting on the toilet going through that aspect as well. It was just utterly brutal.

Then....magically.....after a half days rest and rehydrating I was just back to normal. I thought maybe food poisoning because we had went out to a Mexican restaurant that previous night but no one else we went with got sick. I'm assuming it was just a little 24 hr stomach bug.

But yeah....vomiting sucks....especially when you reach the point of there being nothing left to expunge.

That was exactly it.  That first night, about 3 am I puked and rather than go back to bed I just laid on the cool tile floor.  Finally about 8 or so I puked for the last time and while I didn't eat anything all day yesterday, and drank water and ginger ale, I was able to sleep from about 11:30 to about 7 and I think I'm back to normal now.  I just had some soup and I think the chills/sweats are gone.  Still weak, but I think it's passed.  Man, I forgot how awful it is to vomit. 

I did take a COVID test and a pregnancy test; both were negative but I'll probably take another one over the weekend to be sure.

Offline HOF

« Reply #2637 on: January 18, 2024, 01:17:45 PM »
Keep us updated, especially on the pregnancy test!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2638 on: January 19, 2024, 07:13:25 AM »
I did take a COVID test and a pregnancy test; both were negative but I'll probably take another one over the weekend to be sure.
Glad you're not pregnant.  Could have been awkward.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2639 on: January 19, 2024, 09:08:40 AM »
Someone broke another mercury instrument at work today....oof.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Adami

« Reply #2640 on: January 19, 2024, 09:13:12 AM »
Someone broke another mercury instrument at work today....oof.

It's a sad day when Mercury leads to financial loss.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2641 on: January 22, 2024, 12:09:36 PM »
Not today but last night......and in general.....being blindsided by small girls holding the Girl Scout Cookie order sheets while their parents stand behind them......all staring at you 'expecting' you to fill out a couple lines of orders. Two sets of sisters of kids I coach hit my up last night before our game......

I was a complete a$$hole and just said...."oh, I'll be right back" and walked away. I'm not fond of the 'ambush' technique. At least when they go door to door I can just not answer the door.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2642 on: January 22, 2024, 12:25:59 PM »
Not today but last night......and in general.....being blindsided by small girls holding the Girl Scout Cookie order sheets while their parents stand behind them......all staring at you 'expecting' you to fill out a couple lines of orders. Two sets of sisters of kids I coach hit my up last night before our game......

I was a complete a$$hole and just said...."oh, I'll be right back" and walked away. I'm not fond of the 'ambush' technique. At least when they go door to door I can just not answer the door.

"sorry, I just bought a couple boxes from the group outside the grocery store" is my go-to in those situations and, at least some of the times, it's not a lie. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2643 on: January 22, 2024, 12:37:04 PM »

"sorry, I just bought a couple boxes from the group outside the grocery store" is my go-to in those situations and, at least some of the times, it's not a lie.

That's a good approach....probably should have said that instead of "I'll be right back after I use the bathroom"  And don't get me wrong....I love me some Girls Scout Cookies.....but I know my wife (who is a teacher) will undoubtedly buy the batch she usually does from her students so I generally steer away from purchasing.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2644 on: January 22, 2024, 01:06:53 PM »
As the father of a girl scout, I completely understand feeling ambushed by someone fundraising, but it is the primary way for the troops to raise money.  A couple of boxes $10 to $12) helps. 

My daughter's troop sold enough cookies a year ago to pay for 15 girls to go on a 3-day camping event with other troops, as well as for a summer outing.  The troop's funds also pay for the the patches and badges that they earn throughout the year as well as reimbursing parents for supplies as we lead meetings. 

For example - I spent around $75 so far for a meeting I'm leading next month for the girls to learn about springs and compressed energy by creating launching pads for wooden spools. 

At least it's a good cause that promotes incredible values, rather than paying someone $20 to shovel a driveway (some older kids rang my doorbell and were charging $40) when you know that it's just going to probably end up going to a retail store or towards a video game). 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2645 on: January 22, 2024, 01:14:51 PM »
I think for me it's not the asking; that's fine.  It's that in today's hyper-competitive environments, I can run across four or more different tribes/troupes/troops/battalions of Girl Scouts and I can't buy from every one, you know?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2646 on: January 22, 2024, 01:19:03 PM »
I think for me it's not the asking; that's fine.  It's that in today's hyper-competitive environments, I can run across four or more different tribes/troupes/troops/battalions of Girl Scouts and I can't buy from every one, you know?

That's why Chino's response seems best.  It's honest. (I assume, I could totally see someone just making that up too)

But yeah, it's hard to get mad at someone asking because well, that's literally all they can do really.  But to Gary's point, if you are getting ambushed then it likely is going to feel like the asking is turning more into forcing.

For me, I can just point to my guy and say "sorry, its not best for my belly" but I really don't interact with girl scouts to have had this be a thing.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2647 on: January 22, 2024, 01:19:07 PM »

I feel you, brother. Capitalism really annoys me too. Glad you and I can come together in this one.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2648 on: January 22, 2024, 01:21:05 PM »
I just say "No" if I don't want them.  I don't give a fuck if they are little kids or not.  I don't feel ambushed or anything, it's their gig, and they don't expect to make a sale on every encounter.  It's a numbers game, just like every other sales gig. 

But, more often, I say "Yes" because I DO want them.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2649 on: January 22, 2024, 01:24:48 PM »
I just say "No" if I don't want them.  I don't give a fuck if they are little kids or not.  I don't feel ambushed or anything, it's their gig, and they don't expect to make a sale on every encounter.  It's a numbers game, just like every other sales gig. 

HAHAHAHA. That got a laugh out loud.  :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2650 on: January 22, 2024, 01:33:19 PM »

HAHAHAHA. That got a laugh out loud.  :)
That's what I'm here for.  It's my job.  It's what I do.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2651 on: January 22, 2024, 01:35:22 PM »
Y'all feel pressured into buying cookies you don't want, just get as many boxes of Tagalongs as you can and send them to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2652 on: January 22, 2024, 01:35:50 PM »
Y'all feel pressured into buying cookies you don't want, just get as many boxes of Tagalongs as you can and send them to me.
Problem solved.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2653 on: January 22, 2024, 01:37:58 PM »
Since I inevitably buy the scout cookies from someone or the other every year, once I've done an order, any subsequent request or door knock about cookies gets a fat no from me. I just say I've already bought them from some other person.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2654 on: January 22, 2024, 03:22:06 PM »
A polite "no thank you" works well enough for me.

(Boy Scouts get a stern NO!)
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2655 on: January 22, 2024, 04:06:08 PM »
I was a complete a$$hole and just said...."oh, I'll be right back" and walked away.

Either of these are reactions and responses are more than fine in my book.

Hef is right though, if they are little kids getting into the business game, if they can't accept a knock back on an attempted sale, they are in the wrong fucking game.  They learn rejection early or be damned forever in the business world.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2656 on: January 22, 2024, 04:15:29 PM »
I was a complete a$$hole and just said...."oh, I'll be right back" and walked away.

Hef is right though, if they are little kids getting into the business game, if they can't accept a knock back on an attempted sale, they are in the wrong fucking game.  They learn rejection early or be damned forever in the business world.

I kind of agree, but these are little girls.  It's kind of hard to have the tough love feel for this.

A polite "no thank you" works well enough for me.

(Boy Scouts get a stern NO!)

At the end of the day, this is fine, but I get it, sometimes people feel bad or pressured based on the seller being young girls, often asking very nice and kindly.  Kind of hard to say no honestly, but an excuse is a lot easier.  Or complete avoidance, but even harder if you know the kids.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2657 on: January 22, 2024, 04:16:55 PM »

My frustration was more directed/fueled by the set of Moms standing directly behind them staring me down.....100% throwing the intimidation game on for me to succumb to just buying a few boxes. It was the wrong place and time. I was about five minutes from stepping onto the bench to coach their sons in a hockey game....was only walking out amongst the crowd to grab a bottle of water from another parent who was running late to give to their kid.  I threw the bathroom excuse out there and kept on going then made sure to avoid them on the walk back through.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2658 on: January 22, 2024, 04:20:25 PM »
I kind of agree, but these are little girls.  It's kind of hard to have the tough love feel for this.

I was being a little over the top haha, but yeah it would be hard when they are right there looking at you.  Still, I wouldn't feel obliged if I didn't want them.  Although if the price is fair and offers some value in relation to the regular supermarket ones, I'll listen.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2659 on: January 22, 2024, 04:21:55 PM »

I was being a little over the top haha, but yeah it would be hard when they are right there looking at you.  Still, I wouldn't feel obliged if I didn't want them.  Although if the price is fair and offers some value in relation to the regular supermarket ones, I'll listen.

I mean, girl scout cookies are usually really fucking good so theres that  :lol  I don't know anything about pricing though, can't recall the last time I personally bought any.