Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132179 times)

MetalJunkie and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2310 on: October 24, 2023, 09:51:45 AM »
Logged online to check some bank accounts and what not to plan out some stuff and noticed my 17 year old sons account was sitting as $34.....but I knew he had around $900 in there so.....checked and see an $840 purchase from a music store. My thought immediately was that he'd been hacked because surely he wouldn't spend over $800 without discussing it with us....asked him and he said it was him...that he bought some drum accessories. (he is a drummer)

I'm pretty ticked about it because we've discussed being smart with purchases and the fact that he left his job last week (at my request) so he isn't working right now....this ticks me off. All he said was "it's my money....I worked for it" which is true. I'm just disappointed because this was a really dumb purchase. Good thing I never did anything dumb and impulsive when I was 17
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2311 on: October 24, 2023, 09:53:20 AM »
I guess he'll be asking for money at some point soon then if he spent all his.  That could be a hard no  :lol At least it was spent on drums, a healthy hobby and not hookers and blow.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2312 on: October 24, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »
Pharmacies close for lunch all the time. Those stores like Walgreens staff only a certain amount of hours so they have only one pharmacist on for most of their shift.

Yeah, most likely this was the case and you could have probably waited, but it might have been an hour to wait or something. Who knows, but no shock you can't use the drive through on feet.

I just like to think that if someone is in need of medication, that maybe they'd help you out similar to Stadler's story.

I went back yesterday afternoon and it turned out this was definitely not the case. the drive-thru was still the only available option for me to pick up my (already filled) prescription. I am guessing bad staff shortages.

Anyway, I tried the drive-thru window again and this time the person had absolutely no problem helping me, and I got my prescription and walked home lol.

So i guess it was just that one employee the other day being especially grouchy or something?

EDIT: I guess my only issue is: if there's only 1 person and you can't have both the drive-thru and inside pharmacies open, why not just keep the one inside open and close the drive thru? obviously not everyone going to a pharmacy in the middle of a city will be showing up with a car, but everyone is capable of going inside? (even if it's a handicap issue, there is handicap parking and ramps, etc) To choose the car option over a pedestrian option, especially in the middle of a city, feels insane to me

Walgreens' pharmacy staff has been having walk-outs on a nationwide basis due to a staffing shortage and crisis.  Our local Walgreens is in turmoil and people have been leaving them, transferring prescriptions to other pharmacies. 

It's likely that your Walgreens pharmacy has been affected by staffing and/or walkouts.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2313 on: October 24, 2023, 10:09:35 AM »
I guess he'll be asking for money at some point soon then if he spent all his.  That could be a hard no  :lol At least it was spent on drums, a healthy hobby and not hookers and blow.

Well....he has been REALLY good about putting money in his savings. No matter what his paycheck amount was/is he'd put at minimum $100 in his savings so, he's built quite the reserve. So...he technically still has money and I'm guessing that was his plan...but....I'm more upset that he didn't discuss this with us first. We've asked him to do so if he was going to make a large purchase. Anyway....you're right....he could have spent it on worse things...
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2314 on: October 24, 2023, 10:21:06 AM »
Never been a fan of Walgreens and they have never been my pharmacy. My whole life we have used Osco. I realize this is more of a regional thing, but they are always rock solid. I was actually talking to my local Osco pharmacist about this one day. I mentioned how Walgreens pharmacy people are always angry and slow on the rare times we have been forced to use them. He said it all comes down to scheduling. He says they do the bare minimum whereas I will see anywhere from 3-5 people behind an Osco pharmacy counter at any given time. He says they are overworked and need more help.

I saw a note from my employer today that there is a national Walgreens pharmacist walkout happening in a few days. Might include CVS as well. Don't use them either.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2315 on: October 24, 2023, 11:10:19 AM »
Never been a fan of Walgreens and they have never been my pharmacy. My whole life we have used Osco. I realize this is more of a regional thing, but they are always rock solid. I was actually talking to my local Osco pharmacist about this one day. I mentioned how Walgreens pharmacy people are always angry and slow on the rare times we have been forced to use them. He said it all comes down to scheduling. He says they do the bare minimum whereas I will see anywhere from 3-5 people behind an Osco pharmacy counter at any given time. He says they are overworked and need more help.

I saw a note from my employer today that there is a national Walgreens pharmacist walkout happening in a few days. Might include CVS as well. Don't use them either.

far easier said than done depending on location :shrug

never heard of osco but there are virtually 0 options outside of walgreens/cvs here
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2316 on: October 24, 2023, 11:34:34 AM »

never heard of osco but there are virtually 0 options outside of walgreens/cvs here
No offense, but in a city the size of Denver, I find that hard to believe.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

« Reply #2317 on: October 24, 2023, 12:07:00 PM »
i used to use a private one called scales but CVS bought it. given my carless lifestyle i am reduced in distance pretty heavily and the only options in my neighborhood are the "bad guys" lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2318 on: October 24, 2023, 12:09:45 PM »

No offense, but in a city the size of Denver, I find that hard to believe.

He mentioned not having a car which would make it more difficult, but yeah, I'm with you.  There's lots of online options I believe too.

I use CVS.  I'm not highly medicated to be going to a pharmacist often, so I haven't had too many struggles.  They are just right near my house so it's super convienent with a drive through.

« Reply #2319 on: October 24, 2023, 12:56:39 PM »
i should just do the online/shipping thing, i only have the one med and it's not an emergency/life saving med or anything so i should just set up some kind of mail it and forget it so i don't have to go battle with the understaffed pharmacies near me lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2320 on: October 24, 2023, 02:37:41 PM »
i should just do the online/shipping thing, i only have the one med and it's not an emergency/life saving med or anything so i should just set up some kind of mail it and forget it so i don't have to go battle with the understaffed pharmacies near me lol
Probably so.  I know that I have the option through my insurance to have my prescriptions sent to me by mail.  I've never bothered setting it up, because I am out and about often enough anyway, but sounds like you could make use of such an option, especially being carless.

If I were carless, I would have everything shipped to me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2321 on: October 26, 2023, 06:11:14 AM »
I went to the movies today and parked in a parking garage, I drive a Yaris which is a small hatchback. It barely fills a car space.
Anyway come out and low and behold a Lexus RX450h SUV os actually parked where the front grill is resting above my number plate, now the owner of the vehicle has gone over the dividing line by a lot to be parked where it is, how the hell did the person not know they had hit my car. (They even had loads of space behind their car) I can only be Thankful it was obviously at a slow speed.

Now in good news apart from the number plate having some damage, (scratches, a dent in the middle) the rest of the car was fine.

Who knows where the owner was, I wasn't about to wait around and it wasn't worth a note on the car. So yes worse things happen everyday.
This was just one of the what the hell.... and it pissed me off today.  Over it now... writing is good venting time. :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2322 on: October 26, 2023, 08:36:16 AM »
Small dick energy

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2323 on: October 26, 2023, 08:39:13 AM »
Small dick energy

You can take things for that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2324 on: October 26, 2023, 08:46:06 AM »
Small dick energy

Or you can buy a large vehicle and be an asshole with it

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2325 on: October 26, 2023, 08:47:09 AM »
Small dick energy

Oh gotcha!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2326 on: October 26, 2023, 08:53:37 AM »
Small dick energy

Oh gotcha!!

:rollin I realized without quoting, it does look like that was my issue  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2327 on: October 26, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »
Small dick energy

Oh gotcha!!

:rollin I realized without quoting, it does look like that was my issue  :biggrin:

;D :lol

I was thinking jeez, that’s a brave post.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2328 on: October 26, 2023, 09:12:49 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2329 on: October 26, 2023, 09:15:46 AM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2331 on: October 26, 2023, 10:18:35 AM »
I have vertigo.  :censored

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #2332 on: October 26, 2023, 10:37:05 AM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2336 on: October 26, 2023, 01:37:07 PM »
It's got a funky beat, but you can dance to it.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2337 on: October 26, 2023, 02:18:14 PM »

That's awful, so sorry to hear that.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2338 on: October 26, 2023, 02:19:39 PM »
What's pissing me off today is the fact that I've managed to bypass YouTube's adblocker nonsense up til today. Now suddenly it was like "You can watch three more videos and then you're banned unless you whitelist us" and then I watched three more videos and they now are making it hard to bypass. For now I've switched from Chrome to Edge. Thus far my adblocker is working fine on there without any popups or warnings on my same YT account but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2339 on: October 26, 2023, 03:08:16 PM »
Well now, that's a matter of perspective, is it not?  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2340 on: October 26, 2023, 03:11:26 PM »

That's awful, so sorry to hear that.

Thank you! I had it last year and was bedridden. This time once I wake up, take Meclazine and move around it starts to ease up.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2341 on: October 26, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
Pharmacies close for lunch all the time. Those stores like Walgreens staff only a certain amount of hours so they have only one pharmacist on for most of their shift.

Yeah, most likely this was the case and you could have probably waited, but it might have been an hour to wait or something. Who knows, but no shock you can't use the drive through on feet.

I just like to think that if someone is in need of medication, that maybe they'd help you out similar to Stadler's story.

I went back yesterday afternoon and it turned out this was definitely not the case. the drive-thru was still the only available option for me to pick up my (already filled) prescription. I am guessing bad staff shortages.

Anyway, I tried the drive-thru window again and this time the person had absolutely no problem helping me, and I got my prescription and walked home lol.

So i guess it was just that one employee the other day being especially grouchy or something?

EDIT: I guess my only issue is: if there's only 1 person and you can't have both the drive-thru and inside pharmacies open, why not just keep the one inside open and close the drive thru? obviously not everyone going to a pharmacy in the middle of a city will be showing up with a car, but everyone is capable of going inside? (even if it's a handicap issue, there is handicap parking and ramps, etc) To choose the car option over a pedestrian option, especially in the middle of a city, feels insane to me

Walgreens' pharmacy staff has been having walk-outs on a nationwide basis due to a staffing shortage and crisis.  Our local Walgreens is in turmoil and people have been leaving them, transferring prescriptions to other pharmacies. 

It's likely that your Walgreens pharmacy has been affected by staffing and/or walkouts.
If this was a Walgreens pharmacy, why not talk to the store manager rather than the pharmacist to get the situation resolved? Or was the entire store closed?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2342 on: October 26, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »
What's pissing me off today is the fact that I've managed to bypass YouTube's adblocker nonsense up til today. Now suddenly it was like "You can watch three more videos and then you're banned unless you whitelist us" and then I watched three more videos and they now are making it hard to bypass. For now I've switched from Chrome to Edge. Thus far my adblocker is working fine on there without any popups or warnings on my same YT account but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Phone or PC? I've never had any problem blocking ads on PC, but I've never been able to dodge them from my phone.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2343 on: October 26, 2023, 03:17:17 PM »
That's how chain pharmacy's work El Barto. They run 1 pharmacist,  barely hours for 2 techs.  They shut down for lunch. Talk to the store manager does nothing.

I know this because my wife worked in these pharmacies for 2 decades.

Now she's in a hospital pharmacy it's so much different.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2344 on: October 26, 2023, 03:55:14 PM »
That's how chain pharmacy's work El Barto. They run 1 pharmacist,  barely hours for 2 techs.  They shut down for lunch. Talk to the store manager does nothing.

I know this because my wife worked in these pharmacies for 2 decades.

Now she's in a hospital pharmacy it's so much different.
Definitely not the case down here. I've got a fair amount of experience with Walgreens, and while they might stop filling prescriptions for lunch, there will always be somebody on hand to fork it over and take your money once it's processed. I use a specialty Walgreens with at least two pharms and 5 techs, but even the retail operations will have 1 or 2 plus 3 or 4.

My only question would be whether or not the store manager had any sway over the techs. Unsure of how the power hierarchy would work there. I don't know if he could order them around, but he could at least discuss with them what's going on and try to find a solution.
E.F. Benson