Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124067 times)

lordxizor and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1925 on: May 17, 2023, 08:07:57 PM »
So you actually play the drums?

For 25 years, yup. Booked 3 days at a studio in Jersey (I know, gross) to record drums to my new album. Even though I have all the gear to record my own drums, I can't do it in an apartment and renting out a space would, surprisingly, be more expensive and difficult.

Edit: I also play guitar, bass, and can BS some keys. And if you're completely okay with how James is singing these days, I can almost sing too.

Your NEW album? Does that mean you have an old album? Are you in a band or is it a one man thingy?

Kind of an Ayreon thing but less cheesy and not nearly as good. I do the music and hire vocalists since I can’t sing.

I promoted the old stuff a bit on the board but it didn’t seem to be people’s thing. My sig below has a link to my last two albums.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1926 on: May 17, 2023, 08:13:44 PM »
21 years ago my neighbors adopted a baby girl named Rachel from China. 10 years later her father, my friend, committed suicide and that crushed me. Yesterday her Mother drank herself to death while Rachel graduated from college. I'm completely devastated.

Wow, that's fucked.

Here's the kicker. My son was the paramedic that responded to the 911 call.  :sad:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1927 on: May 17, 2023, 08:17:29 PM »
Damn.  I'm so sorry. That is tough to read.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1928 on: May 17, 2023, 08:27:39 PM »
Depression/mental illness is real. People need to support more and judge less.

Online Adami

« Reply #1929 on: May 17, 2023, 08:42:09 PM »

Indeed. Especially before it gets that bad. A lot of people, even clients themselves, seem to think that only really severe cases need help. It’s not great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1930 on: May 17, 2023, 10:14:21 PM »
21 years ago my neighbors adopted a baby girl named Rachel from China. 10 years later her father, my friend, committed suicide and that crushed me. Yesterday her Mother drank herself to death while Rachel graduated from college. I'm completely devastated.

Wow, that's fucked.

Here's the kicker. My son was the paramedic that responded to the 911 call.  :sad:

Fucking hell mate.  That's brutal.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1931 on: May 18, 2023, 04:35:44 AM »

Indeed. Especially before it gets that bad. A lot of people, even clients themselves, seem to think that only really severe cases need help. It’s not great.

So many different levels too.  All levels need help. It's nice to hear from someone who isn't invested like family members are.

Sometimes you need to hear from the outside your support group.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1932 on: May 18, 2023, 06:50:05 AM »
After I put up my post about Real Madrid's loss, I took the time to read through the subsequent comments in the thread, and honestly, it's put things into perspective. My frustrations are pretty minor compared to the difficulties some of you are enduring.

I genuinely empathize with what some of you are going through right now.  :heart

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1933 on: May 18, 2023, 08:15:59 AM »

For 25 years, yup. Booked 3 days at a studio in Jersey (I know, gross) to record drums to my new album. Even though I have all the gear to record my own drums, I can't do it in an apartment and renting out a space would, surprisingly, be more expensive and difficult.

Edit: I also play guitar, bass, and can BS some keys. And if you're completely okay with how James is singing these days, I can almost sing too.

Your NEW album? Does that mean you have an old album? Are you in a band or is it a one man thingy?

Kind of an Ayreon thing but less cheesy and not nearly as good. I do the music and hire vocalists since I can’t sing.

I promoted the old stuff a bit on the board but it didn’t seem to be people’s thing. My sig below has a link to my last two albums.

I've been hearing about these "albums" for years now.  I think they're in the same category as "my girlfriend from Canada".    :)

Online Adami

« Reply #1934 on: May 18, 2023, 08:18:47 AM »

I've been hearing about these "albums" for years now.  I think they're in the same category as "my girlfriend from Canada".    :)

First of all, Chad is real.

Second of all, they're literally in my signature. And have been for years.

And Chad is real dammit!

AND SO IS GEORGE GLASS!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1935 on: May 18, 2023, 08:35:40 AM »
That really is pretty awful. Criminy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1936 on: May 18, 2023, 08:55:51 AM »
Adami's albums are real.  I have a couple.

I liked them, but what do I know?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1937 on: May 18, 2023, 01:40:27 PM »
Being a car owner and a homeowner.

Few weeks ago a hailstorm messed up the front of my house but not enough to require a claim. I still have 3 mangled window screens I have to replace. The original builder used a wood beam under my sliding door and placed it right on concrete and just painted it. It rotted to pieces and I had my contractor do it right. Looks great, but wasn't cheap.

My wife's car snapped a tie rod last year which also broke the rack and pinion. Had a new rack put in which was not long after I put a set of really expensive tires on it. 2 months ago, the rack starts leaking on the passenger side. Got it replaced for free but also noticed the front tires were ruined. Sadly, the shop that did the rack work is an hour away as it happened a bit far from home so I didn't get it towed to my regular shop. Big mistake. I replaced the ruined tires and then took the car to my regular shop to check the alignment the day after I got it back. It was all out of alignment. Well, yesterday I find that rack is now leaking on the drivers side a whole 2 months after getting it installed. Now I have to go back to that shop since they will do it for free again. Then I have to take it to my shop to fix their alignment. If it happens again I might eat the cost and have my shop do the fourth rack when this third one invariably fails.

Same day my wife grabs a garbage bag from under the sink and says it is soaking wet. Come to find the garbage disposal is pissing all over the place.

My Dad used to always talk about one of the primary benefits of home ownership is the equity and the fact that you can write off you mortgage interest on your taxes. Well, President Cheeto took the interest aspect away from me and tanked my taxes ever since his bigly new tax plan came into effect. I'm getting too old to keep fixing all of this crap and really getting nothing in return. Oh yeah, needed a new battery in my rider as well and that was after having to get my snowblower serviced over the winter since it wouldn't start.

Life has just crapped on us lately and it's put me in a really bad mood. Needed to vent.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1938 on: May 18, 2023, 02:45:26 PM »
Yeah, I learned the coordination aspect of front end repair, alignment, and tires in my teens. Thankfully it was honest people helping to keep me from going wrong in my case. You really gotta plan the whole thing out well. Knowledge I used a few years ago when I got the car I'm currently driving. And since tires are stupidly expensive now (stupider than most things), it's all the more important.

Also, how do you break a tie rod end? Hit a curb or something?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1939 on: May 18, 2023, 02:59:19 PM »

First of all, Chad is real.

Second of all, they're literally in my signature. And have been for years.

And Chad is real dammit!

AND SO IS GEORGE GLASS!

I'm a real something, that's for sure.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1940 on: May 18, 2023, 03:07:04 PM »
Yeah, I learned the coordination aspect of front end repair, alignment, and tires in my teens. Thankfully it was honest people helping to keep me from going wrong in my case. You really gotta plan the whole thing out well. Knowledge I used a few years ago when I got the car I'm currently driving. And since tires are stupidly expensive now (stupider than most things), it's all the more important.

Wish I knew. I had taken my wife to a doctor appointment and we were getting ready to head home. Came up to a stop sign, waited my turn and started to make the right turn. Car just sort of jerked. Hit the gas and just jerked. Got out and the driver's side wheel was making a right turn. Go to the other side and that wheel was making a left turn. Doesn't really work. And get this, I thought I was saving some money getting it towed where I did which was just over a mile away from where it broke. Got to the shop and the guy charges me $351 for a 1 mile tow. I thought it would just be a tie rod. Had I known it took the rack with it and I would have had it towed the 30-40 miles to my shop. Dad told me to get AAA or something to get the extended towing. We live kind of far from everything. Been dragging my feet as everything else breaks around me further draining my bank account.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1941 on: May 18, 2023, 04:03:27 PM »
I had to go to Walmart today during peak foot traffic time. I absolutely love people randomly stopping in front of me every 40 feet.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1942 on: May 18, 2023, 05:23:35 PM »
I had to go to Walmart today during peak foot traffic time. I absolutely love people randomly stopping in front of me every 40 feet.

Self awareness is rare these days

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1943 on: May 18, 2023, 09:56:11 PM »

It's so true.  :lol

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1944 on: May 18, 2023, 11:14:27 PM »

I refuse to go to Costco during peak hours for this very reason.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1945 on: May 19, 2023, 06:05:13 AM »

Self awareness is rare these days

People are just fucking oblivious to everything around them.  So self absorbed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1946 on: May 19, 2023, 08:15:17 AM »

Wish I knew. I had taken my wife to a doctor appointment and we were getting ready to head home. Came up to a stop sign, waited my turn and started to make the right turn. Car just sort of jerked. Hit the gas and just jerked. Got out and the driver's side wheel was making a right turn. Go to the other side and that wheel was making a left turn. Doesn't really work. And get this, I thought I was saving some money getting it towed where I did which was just over a mile away from where it broke. Got to the shop and the guy charges me $351 for a 1 mile tow. I thought it would just be a tie rod. Had I known it took the rack with it and I would have had it towed the 30-40 miles to my shop. Dad told me to get AAA or something to get the extended towing. We live kind of far from everything. Been dragging my feet as everything else breaks around me further draining my bank account.

I'm sure others might have a different opinion, but I have AAA, and cards for my kids as well, and it has been a veritable LIFE SAVER on multiple occasions.  That 30-40 mile tow would have cost you only the time to wait for the truck to get there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1947 on: May 19, 2023, 08:42:41 AM »
Bill, 100% on.  AAA plus has saved me many times. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1948 on: May 19, 2023, 08:43:38 AM »

I'm sure others might have a different opinion, but I have AAA, and cards for my kids as well, and it has been a veritable LIFE SAVER on multiple occasions.  That 30-40 mile tow would have cost you only the time to wait for the truck to get there.
Yeah, not AAA, but some other variety is attached to my insurance. Since I only drive older cars there will always be a time when it comes into play.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #1949 on: May 19, 2023, 08:55:17 AM »
Bill, 100% on.  AAA plus has saved me many times.

Indeed. My mom made sure I had AAA when I started driving and I've had it ever since. Love it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #1950 on: May 22, 2023, 06:52:14 AM »
Woke up sick. I have 10 hours today in a studio to record 5 songs on drums. This isn’t going to go well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1951 on: May 22, 2023, 07:15:13 AM »
Woke up sick. I have 10 hours today in a studio to record 5 songs on drums. This isn’t going to go well.

Depends on what kind of sick.  Either way, though, I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you're better soon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1952 on: May 22, 2023, 07:29:31 AM »
Yikes
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1953 on: May 22, 2023, 07:44:29 AM »

Dayum.  Sorry to hear that, Adami.  Hope you can bang you're way through it - literally and figuratively.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1954 on: May 22, 2023, 07:46:27 AM »

Dayum.  Sorry to hear that, Adami.  Hope you can bang you're way through it - literally and figuratively.

I think it's sort of inconsiderate to expose your partner to some virus/bacteria just for sex, though.  I think Adami is classier then that. 

:)

Online Adami

« Reply #1955 on: May 22, 2023, 07:52:07 AM »
I’m not.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1956 on: May 22, 2023, 08:23:40 AM »
My son burnt his hand on the stove yesterday. My wife let him get too close to it while she was cooking, and it happened in a flash while her back was turned.

Now he's got 2nd degree burns on his fingertips. I'm so mad at my wife for doing something stupid. We all make mistakes, my son will heal before too long, but I can't shake the feeling that things have gotten really bad with the wife. I sad some awful things about her being untrustworthy and negligent, and I'm still really mad at her. I want to be over it though, I can see how guilty she feels and how awful she feels about making the mistake. I'm just... still upset. Objectively, I want to be over it. But something's just not letting me be over it fully.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1957 on: May 22, 2023, 08:50:47 AM »
My son burnt his hand on the stove yesterday. My wife let him get too close to it while she was cooking, and it happened in a flash while her back was turned.

Now he's got 2nd degree burns on his fingertips. I'm so mad at my wife for doing something stupid. We all make mistakes, my son will heal before too long, but I can't shake the feeling that things have gotten really bad with the wife. I sad some awful things about her being untrustworthy and negligent, and I'm still really mad at her. I want to be over it though, I can see how guilty she feels and how awful she feels about making the mistake. I'm just... still upset. Objectively, I want to be over it. But something's just not letting me be over it fully.
As a parent of two kids that lived through this period to adulthood, my advice is to let that shit go.  These things happen, and something similar is most likely going to happen with you being at fault as well.  It's the nature of the game.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1958 on: May 22, 2023, 09:19:07 AM »
Sometimes she may feel overwhelmed and her focus was just off.  I'm with Hef.  If it becomes a pattern then I would address it. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1959 on: May 22, 2023, 10:10:07 AM »

Unless you are a perfect parent, I'd recommend you check yourself.  You are saying that she feels guilty and awful about what happened.  Do think that calling her untrustworthy and negligent is helping that?

I don't know if this is your first child or not, but even the most attentive and perfect parents can make mistakes that lead to injury.  Just ask any ER doctor and/or pediatrician.

I'm sorry that your son got hurt and I hope he is doing fine now.  But parenting is all about team work.  When one person on the team makes a mistake, it isn't helpful when the rest of the team berates them for it.  If this is a pattern and not a one off, I'd be asking some questions about how she is doing.  Is she adequately rested?  Is she getting help around the house with chores like cooking?  Is she getting time to recharge her mental and emotional state?  Is she taking care of her physical health?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad