Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124451 times)

naimad and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1260 on: August 23, 2022, 02:47:04 PM »
So........ I went to Strasburg, PA this weekend with my family.   Five hours, +/-, each way, then one day we went to Philly (actually Cherry Hill, NJ) which was an hour each way.   So a lot of driving.   

I'm seriously considering running for office in CT.  And if and when I do, there's going to be a new sheriff in town.  I will immediately draft a bill to equip all toll structures, as well as each bridge structure, and reprogram each camera that is currently used to track traffic, to record the progress of cars.  (We already have them for registering license plates, and many states use them for giving tickets at red lights/stop signs).   If you're in any lane other than the farthest right hand lane, and there are at least three cars within a certain time frame behind you (say, ten car lengths), BAM, you get a ticket. And we're going to set that fucker at a minimum of $350 per.  I might even add dollars for every car over three behind you.  If you get pulled over for using your phone while driving, it will be treated like a DWI, with all that entails (including loss of license).  I will require a retest at every license renewal (goes without saying I would revamp the test materials as well).

All I know is traffic was brutal all weekend and made far worse by idiots not paying attention to the matter at hand.   

There's more, but that's the gist of it for now.

Funny, I was visiting my sister in Bernville, PA (about 40 minutes north of Strasburg). I was caught in traffic both ways. 2:30 drive turned into 4 hours each way.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1261 on: August 23, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
Stupid-ass drivers.  Can't leave my house and drive a mile to pick up lunch without witnessing several of them.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1262 on: August 23, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »
:lol in my humble opinion of driving through these states, it's the New Jersey people ruining it for everyone!

Agreed.  :P
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1263 on: August 23, 2022, 03:12:27 PM »
:lol in my humble opinion of driving through these states, it's the New Jersey people ruining it for everyone!

Agreed.  :P

:angry:

Offline Adami

« Reply #1264 on: August 23, 2022, 03:22:20 PM »
Eh who am I kidding, everyone in this whole area is an awful driver.

Except me obviously.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1265 on: August 23, 2022, 03:26:11 PM »
The worst thing about bad drivers is when they cause a blue screen right in the middle of a finite element calculation.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1266 on: August 23, 2022, 04:08:57 PM »
 :lol :rollin :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Adami

« Reply #1267 on: August 23, 2022, 04:09:22 PM »
The worst thing about bad drivers is when they cause a blue screen right in the middle of a finite element calculation.

I C what you did there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1268 on: August 24, 2022, 06:49:41 AM »

Found Stadler’s car.

I'd never drive a Saturn, but I'd write that on my window!!!!   :)

And that's the rub.  This is the "tragedy of the commons" in a way.  Everyone thinks "oh, one car isn't going to make a difference!" or "you're not going anywhere anyway, so what's the big deal?"  But some interchanges have 10,000 or more cars moving through in a day (sometimes in HOURS) and when you mulitply that six or seven car lengths, instead of the one or two that is normal for slow moving traffic, you're increasing the car density by that same amount.  There are books and studies done on this. I took an entire class in college on "traffic". There's a great book called "Traffic" on this very subject.   On a highway, most congestion is caused by the speed DIFFERENTIAL, where you have cars moving at different rates through a finite area.    It's a dick move to some, but if you have a two lane merge into one, it's faster for EVERYONE if cars fill BOTH LANES and then merge, peacefully, one at a time at the choke point.  Stopping halfway down to merge slows everything down because you now have a speed differential and you have the uncertainty of what the other car is doing next. 

On a state or rural road, if you have one car holding up five or ten, doesn't seem like much, but if any of those cars can even make it through ONE light quicker on their journey, that can reduce their time on the road by upwards of 15 minutes.   This is science, folks, not about "whether that douchebag got one over on me and is ahead of me!"   It's not a wrestling match, it's a fluid dynamics problem.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1269 on: September 09, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
Just found out Mercyful Fate and Kreator are playing in NYC November, went to buy tickets but they are $250 each. What. The. Fuck?  >:( :censored

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1270 on: September 09, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »
Just found out Mercyful Fate and Kreator are playing in NYC November, went to buy tickets but they are $250 each. What. The. Fuck?  >:( :censored

That had to be a resell.  No way they are charging that much.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1271 on: September 09, 2022, 12:33:39 PM »

That had to be a resell.  No way they are charging that much.

Yes, $180 plus service charge. Way too much.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 12:39:45 PM by Glasser »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1275 on: September 09, 2022, 08:30:31 PM »
I wish you got on those tickets when they were released early in the am. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1276 on: September 13, 2022, 01:15:39 PM »
It sucks because there's tickets available but they have all been upcharged by livenation already with the platinum pricing.  It sucks that they don't have any that are just still at day 1 face value.  I've noticed this getting worse lately. 

Honestly, for the concerts that are going to be hot tickets, you need to get those at the on sale time and maybe preferably via a presale.  The only other option is hope for day of show sales. 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1277 on: September 13, 2022, 04:21:16 PM »

I wish people in AZ would figure this shit out.  Slow ass drivers travel in packs across all lanes.  No one in front of them and everyone behind them trying to get through.  Sorry ass muthafuckas!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1278 on: September 13, 2022, 05:29:31 PM »
Got the car inspected yesterday to the tune of $1650 after all the necessary repairs.

I figure, yeah that sucks but at least the car's in great shape now. As I'm pulling into my driveway today, the tire pressure low sensor comes on  :P

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1279 on: September 16, 2022, 04:26:55 PM »
My doctor pissed me off today. Last night, mychart gave me notifications that my bloodwork was done and I was able to look at the results. Everything was good, but immature granulocytes were increased. I knew that can either be an indicator of infection, inflammation, or leukemia. I clicked the "have a question about your rest results" button and asked him at what point should I be concerned.

I got two responses:

The first one elaborated and explained the results, and finished with "He needs to quit worrying about this."
Then I got a second response: "Dr. Smith asks that you remember to wait at least 24 hours give us a chance to review his lab results before calling with questions." Bitch, I sent a message. Answer at your leisure.

I know it's nothing big, but it just reads like they're annoyed by my question. It really pissed me off. Whatever bedside manner he has in the office definitely doesn't translate to his text communication. I'm almost put off enough to look for another primary care physician.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1280 on: September 16, 2022, 04:31:51 PM »
Wow, was that first response not intended to you?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1281 on: September 16, 2022, 04:32:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure a nurse or someone gets the question and then dictates his response after they relay it to him.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1282 on: September 16, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »
So far, nothing has pissed me off today...yet.  For me, that is significant.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1283 on: September 16, 2022, 04:37:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure a nurse or someone gets the question and then dictates his response after they relay it to him.

:facepalm:

:lol

That reminds of a time when we were fighting with Home Depot about some countertops they installed. We actually went pretty high up the ladder for this, and my wife was on a call with two separate office personnel from Home Depot, who were on different phones. After the call, they thought my wife hung up when one of them said to the other about my wife, "She's a real bitch."  :lol
Let's just say we were taken care of after that.

Yeah but I thought you wake up pissed off! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1284 on: September 16, 2022, 04:40:10 PM »
Well, Tim just pissed him off. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1285 on: September 16, 2022, 04:44:24 PM »
Well, Tim just pissed him off. :lol

:lol

Just doing what I can.  :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1286 on: September 16, 2022, 04:54:56 PM »
Got the car inspected yesterday to the tune of $1650 after all the necessary repairs.

I figure, yeah that sucks but at least the car's in great shape now. As I'm pulling into my driveway today, the tire pressure low sensor comes on  :P

I'm sort of relating to this today.  July I got the 25K (I'm at 30K miles) full meal deal car maintenance on my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid which included a tire alignment for something around $1200.  When I pick up the car, I'm told I'm going to need tires soon.  Great...I'll budget for 1-2 months.

Today I go to get the tires and they suggest I get the alignment checked.  I tell them I just did that (and haven't really driven all the much since then TBH) and it probably isn't necessary as they want to charge an extra $180.  "Ok we'll put it up there and if you don't need it, we won't charge you for it."  Well guess what - they claim it was necessary.

So either my dealership is jacking me around or the tire guys are.  FFS  >:(
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1287 on: September 16, 2022, 05:15:42 PM »

I'm sort of relating to this today.  July I got the 25K (I'm at 30K miles) full meal deal car maintenance on my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid which included a tire alignment for something around $1200.  When I pick up the car, I'm told I'm going to need tires soon.  Great...I'll budget for 1-2 months.

Today I go to get the tires and they suggest I get the alignment checked.  I tell them I just did that (and haven't really driven all the much since then TBH) and it probably isn't necessary as they want to charge an extra $180.  "Ok we'll put it up there and if you don't need it, we won't charge you for it."  Well guess what - they claim it was necessary.

I feel your pain. The whole thing is such a racket, lol

The very next day the low tire pressure light goes on so I take it a place called Just tires and they are like "oh, the tires are fine, the two sensors need to be replaced at $150 a piece"  :omg:

Like, when does it stop  :lol

So I also was dealing with being in the middle othe tire people and the dealer. Not fun at all

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1288 on: September 16, 2022, 05:50:58 PM »

It's a damn good thing you don't know how much they hate your guts.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: September 16, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »

Are you having abnormal tire wear, or is your car pulling strongly to a specific direction? As a former Hyundai owner my Hyundai service dept was full of guys short on chromosomes (hell my Porsche dealer is pretty fucking shitty too)

As them to show you why it's necessary, get a printed sheet of your current alignment readings.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1290 on: September 16, 2022, 07:31:11 PM »

Yeah but I thought you wake up pissed off! :lol

Maybe you're getting him mixed up with me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1291 on: September 16, 2022, 07:44:50 PM »
Having to go to a work 'venues workshop event' tonight from 4pm-9pm, whatever the fuck that is.  Not impressed.

Plus, it's run by people not in my field and only been with the organisation not very long at all.  The main guy running it too, I had a meeting with him and a key staff member yesterday about him having an issue with her doing too many hours time in lieu and the company not happy.  I challenged the fuck out of this guy for an hour and a half, it was great and he had no answers to some of my points. 

Being at a organisation for 15 years and then getting a big boss come in with zero aquatic experience and trying to tell me how things are going to run........

.....I might have some fun with this with the mood I'm in, what's to lose?  It's funny when you have managers come in, don't ask questions and try and change things just to make them tick their boxes and look good and meet their KPI's.  Don't swing your cock around here mate.  I swear some of these fuckers live in future world when they haven't a clue of the industry.

Anyway, endless mini rant over.

I forgot I made this post, but after all this over the last month, it has ended up with me apparently having to go to People and Culture (HR) because I challenged this guy and told him things he wants to implement might not work.  He's threatening me with disciplinary action.  :lol

At this event I just brought up a few things they were changing (rostering systems, other protocols) that I didn't know about and my staff were like "WTF".  I asked for them in an open forum where they asked for questions cause I wasn't told myself beforehand, and got howled down.

Long story but afterwards to sum it up he basically tells me "he's the boss now, and my behavior is breaking the company's code of conduct."  I was simply asking a few questions intently and trying to get my point across because you know, I may have an idea on how things run in my area.  Told him in the one on one meeting where he's trying to scare me afterwards that, his lack of empathy and attitude towards me and lack of due diligence for what I've been through with my accident has been non existent and atrocious and I actually take offence.  He returned serve with "what you've been through is no excuse for bad behavior."  Roger that, I have never used it once as an excuse and not missed a day of work since, I just wanted him to know that he has never shown any sympathy towards me afterwards and that affects our working relationship moving forward.  I have no respect because he showed me none but he doesn't want a bar of that.  Complete sociopath I think.

Going to sit back and let things fall in his face.  Not helping you mate and I'll work to rule and let's see how good you go. 

Now to be clear, I'm no saint, I know that I and bring things on myself, but instead and nutting things out like men, his superiority complex takes hold and needs to do things in pathetic way instead of us sitting down and talking it out.  I tried to do that, but his mouth moves too much, complete twat.  I may be outspoken but all my staff thought it was great I asked the questions for them.  They all thought it was great I spoke up for them when needed and tried to put their concerns over the changes forward.  I feel that's what leaders need to do for their people, so fuck him.

Going back to this a couple of months ago, I hadn't heard anything from this dickhead boss.  He's a daily pain in the ass without a fucking clue.  The other day he had a go about my work shirt being faded and he'll get me another one because it looks daggy and unprofessional.  "I work in the sun you fuckhead.  I don't sit behind a computer all day dickhead like some"  Just annoying little shit.  He's blatantly doing anything he can as most managers do to make himself look good and get ahead, and he doesn't give a fuck who he steps on.  I'm still doing my job but this prick is taking the piss.

Anyway, we have a yearly performance appraisal thing which mounts to nothing and mine is done with my direct boss which we are cool, we didn't even have it, she's cool and she just filled her part and I just filled it in my part and I kinda slammed him and upper management.  I also said in there that he threatened me with disciplinary action but after 2-3 months I haven't heard anything.  The cunt apparently read it and sent me through email a 'cautionary notice,' which outlined what I did wrong those months ago and which parts of the code of conduct I broke.  Not sure where I go from here.  Might just make it my mission to bring this cunt down.  He has more to lose than me and for the business, he needs me a lot more than I need him.  :lol

It's sad with the issues we all go through, you know and a lot of the stories people share here lately, and things like I have one older worker who has been with me for years who is struggling as her husband of 40 years goes through endless cancer treatments which is slowly starting to be less effective with cancers coming back time and time again but she still needs to work, and you have a prick like this trying to assert his dominance by being an asshole without any perspective for anything past his own ego.  The only way he can try and keep asserting his dominance also is by his work title because he knows fuck all and obviously has a small dick and needs to make himself feel better.  It's all just sad.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1292 on: September 16, 2022, 08:04:55 PM »
The cunt apparently read it and sent me through email a 'cautionary notice,' which outlined what I did wrong those months ago and which parts of the code of conduct I broke.  Not sure where I go from here.  Might just make it my mission to bring this cunt down.  He has more to lose than me and for the business, he needs me a lot more than I need him.  :lol

This just shows what a pussy he is. The fact that he's so sensitive over what you wrote in a self appraisal shows how fucking weak he is. And the email he just sent you....is harrasment at worst and unprofessional at best. You should have the freedom to say what you want in a self appraisal or a survey without fear or reprisal. And a "Cautionary Notice" email is nothing short of harrasment. 

If he was a real manager, or man, he'd have come by your office and had an honest chat with you.

You want to take him down, show that email to a Human Resource person in your company that you trust.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: September 16, 2022, 08:12:16 PM »
The cunt apparently read it and sent me through email a 'cautionary notice,' which outlined what I did wrong those months ago and which parts of the code of conduct I broke.  Not sure where I go from here.  Might just make it my mission to bring this cunt down.  He has more to lose than me and for the business, he needs me a lot more than I need him.  :lol

This just shows what a pussy he is. The fact that he's so sensitive over what you wrote in a self appraisal shows how fucking weak he is. And the email he just sent you....is harrasment at worst and unprofessional at best. You should have the freedom to say what you want in a self appraisal or a survey without fear or reprisal. And a "Cautionary Notice" email is nothing short of harrasment. 

If he was a real manager, or man, he'd have come by your office and had an honest chat with you.

You want to take him down, show that email to a Human Resource person in your company that you trust.

I think my direct boss, she talked him out of sending it to me, but then yeah, the yearly performance review you're supposed to be able to be just that open and honest.  He did mention to her that he read I mentioned it so he thought, he close it out by sending it.  She told him that was a big mistake but see, me putting some negative things down looks bad on him, so he's trying to one up me and put his foot down again.  He's kinda met someone who is not gonna bend over and take it up the ass.  Fuck you mate.

Yeah, the email is addressed by him and was emailed to me with only my direct boss CCed, no one from People and Culture (HR) which I thought was strange.  I'm thinking of forwarding it to them and asking how legit it is and it says it's on my personnel file.  I want to know exactly what that means.  It says in the letter that "you agreed your behaviour was inappropriate."  I only said basically "righto mate, whatever you want me to agree with," becuase he said if I didn't go along with it, the ramifications would be greater.  He basically bullied and blackmailed me into it, which I'm kinda pissed at myself now reading his stupid letter."  I'll mull over it, but not too worried about it, not gonna waste time on it, he'll get himself unstuck, I've seen them come and go all before.  I guess this year, my fuse is shorter.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1294 on: September 16, 2022, 08:17:57 PM »
Sounds like you got or are getting fucked over.

Document everything. If you go months without hearing from him, then fine. You have a right to know what's in your file, and you should also have a right to attach a rebuttal to anything you disagree with.
I've done that a couple of times.