Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132127 times)

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1050 on: May 05, 2022, 09:06:07 AM »
Did a full quest on Call of Duty Zombies with two of my mates. About twenty minutes from the end, the internet crashed. I lost all the progress on the hardest one there is. I have to do the whole quest again to get the permanent weapon rarity boost.
Not.
Happy.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1051 on: May 05, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
First world problems.  lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: May 05, 2022, 04:21:16 PM »
Did a full quest on Call of Duty Zombies with two of my mates. About twenty minutes from the end, the internet crashed. I lost all the progress on the hardest one there is. I have to do the whole quest again to get the permanent weapon rarity boost.
Not.
Happy.

My deepest condolences, I'm not sure how you'll recover from this one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: May 05, 2022, 04:44:29 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1054 on: May 06, 2022, 01:15:56 PM »
Today's weather in NE Indiana is 51 degrees and rainy.  It feels like we skipped straight from winter back into winter.  I know the calendar says it's spring, but holy balls does the weather say otherwise. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1055 on: May 06, 2022, 01:21:14 PM »
We were told that as of tomorrow, we'll be back in masks at work.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1056 on: May 06, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »

My brother told me the same thing. He works in Mass.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #1057 on: May 06, 2022, 02:46:57 PM »
So our masks have been off for a couple months now but I still wear mine. Reason: I work in  food facility where hair nets are required and beard nets for anyone with facial hair. I always hated wearing the beard net so never grew my goatee. But since masks came in I got to do it and now I still wear it just cause I am used to it (more so than the bear net) and I am not ready to part ways with the goatee. teehee

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: May 06, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »

That is annoying.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: May 07, 2022, 06:04:42 AM »

That is annoying.

So's a bad case of COVID.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: May 07, 2022, 09:35:20 AM »

Haven't really been following. State/local mandate? Wasn't aware of any municipalities enacting new requirements.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1061 on: May 07, 2022, 09:37:46 AM »
It's funny how differently I reacted to TAC's post.

People seem mostly concerned about having to wear masks. I think I just got scared about having to go back to the office full time. Masks or no, I would be quite miserable working from the office five days a week.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1062 on: May 07, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
I had to work every day through the pandemic.  Also had to implement protocols for covid.  I have to admit, it wore me down.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1063 on: May 07, 2022, 12:19:04 PM »

People seem mostly concerned about having to wear masks. I think I just got scared about having to go back to the office full time. Masks or no, I would be quite miserable working from the office five days a week.

I've worked 5-6 days a week in a grocery store through the whole thing.

And I'm not directing this at you personally Adami, but this pushes a button. Get the fuck back to work people and quit whining.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: May 07, 2022, 02:28:47 PM »

And I'm not directing this at you personally Adami, but this pushes a button. Get the fuck back to work people and quit whining.

Not all “work” needs to be accomplished in an office, or a company location. I never “left” work during the pandemic, so I don’t have anything to “get back to” either.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1065 on: May 07, 2022, 02:36:12 PM »
I'm sure you'll opt to attend the next cocktail party from home.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1066 on: May 07, 2022, 02:44:46 PM »

Just to clarify from my personal stance, my office work is driving about an hour or more each way in NYC traffic to a white room with bad lighting to sit and talk to people on the phone, which I can do at home, and not lose 2-3 hours of my day and be depressed sitting in an office for no benefit to anyone what so ever.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1067 on: May 07, 2022, 03:25:03 PM »
Yeah, traffic sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1068 on: May 07, 2022, 03:26:53 PM »
I freely admit that my "I'd rather work at the office than at home" stance might be different if I didn't work 10 minutes from home, very little of which is highway.  If I worked an hour from home, I am sure my stance would be different.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1069 on: May 07, 2022, 03:33:02 PM »
If someone is lucky enough to have a job that you can work from home, great. But I find bitching about having to go into the office offensive.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: May 07, 2022, 03:50:27 PM »
If someone is lucky enough to have a job that you can work from home, great. But I find bitching about having to go into the office offensive.

Now you know how most of us feel about carts not put back in the coral!!   :rollin :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1071 on: May 07, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »
How can you put the cart back in the corral if you don't leave the house?

And while I'm at it..fuck instacart shoppers!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1072 on: May 07, 2022, 03:59:14 PM »

Brace yourself then, because working from home is going to become more and more prevalent sooner rather than later.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1073 on: May 07, 2022, 04:07:05 PM »

Brace yourself then, because working from home is going to become more and more prevalent sooner rather than later.

So I have no issue with anyone that works from home if they are lucky enough to do so. I take issue with people whining about having to go into the office being all ascared of Covid or the inconvenience.

It's like complaining about your taxes because your salary is too high. STFU.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1074 on: May 07, 2022, 04:07:13 PM »

The one industry that I doubt will have that is the food industry. People still enjoy the dine-in experience and will continue to go out to eat for occasions.

I actually work two jobs in the food industry and it's a job that is not easy and for myself, I can handle it. And honestly, the convenience of getting food delivered by doordash or Uber Eats has impacted the kitchen a lot. There are more orders and therefore the time people receive their good increases, yet people expect it right away. At times it's impossible to get that food out on time.

And that expectation of people demanding their food to be done quick is where I get pissed off at. I just tell the cashier's, people gonna learn patience now.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1075 on: May 07, 2022, 04:10:11 PM »

The pandemic did the impossible at my work. The majority of IT had to maintain an office either downtown in Chicago or in a building in the western suburbs. They didn't trust that we would get the job done. As of now, new employees in IT are automatically work from home and a couple of floors we had downtown and almost the entire suburban building are almost entirely empty.

Turns out, productivity magically increased. That is why I pushed for work from home. I've been doing it for years but they let me slide because my commute to any location is atrocious. Then I got the blessing to officially be at home. Then a few months later the shoe dropped and everybody is. With gas prices what they are, I'd need another job just to fill my tank up if I had to go in.

I was at the store today and the cart corral was far away. I walked it all the way there.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1076 on: May 07, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
Driving into Chicago makes driving into Boston look like driving down a country road. I just remember traffic being ridiculous.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1077 on: May 07, 2022, 04:22:04 PM »
Driving into Chicago makes driving into Boston look like driving down a country road. I just remember traffic being ridiculous.

I had to venture into the far west suburbs today and wanted to scream at the traffic. I'm just not used to it anymore. I live in a rural area just outside the madness.

You want ridiculous, when I do have to go downtown, which is rare, if I go the public transportation route I am looking at bare minimum 2 1/2 hours from my house to the office. Half-hour in the car to the closest train station, 1 hr 20 min to 1 hr 40 min train ride depending on which one I get and then another 20-30 minutes to get from the station to the building in Streeterville.

Driving is around 1.5 hours on average to get to the same place but then I also have to find somewhere to park and pay for that.

I love the city, but I hate going to the city. Just so much of a hassle.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1078 on: May 07, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
We stayed in Schaumberg, and took the train in. I don't remember the train ride being wicked long. I remember seeing the traffic as the train went right down the middle of the highway.

We had come from the south and just driving the highway south of the city to Schaumberg was a nightmare.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »

Yep.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:22 PM »

:lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: May 07, 2022, 04:54:22 PM »

Me too. 

I've worked through the entire thing.  We had collectively 3 months of lockdown over the whole thing, but working with the public, I've been around sometimes a couple of hundred people in a day and other venues come in contact with disabled, sick, elderly people as well as masses of school children.  So people complaining about going to the office with a few select people, and the same people all day, is bullshit, sorry.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: May 07, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »

As Tim said, that's not the issue.  If you can, good luck to you.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1083 on: May 07, 2022, 07:59:05 PM »

Me too. 

I've worked through the entire thing.  We had collectively 3 months of lockdown over the whole thing, but working with the public, I've been around sometimes a couple of hundred people in a day and other venues come in contact with disabled, sick, elderly people as well as masses of school children.  So people complaining about going to the office with a few select people, and the same people all day, is bullshit, sorry.

Guys ... I love you both and all, but for every story like the two of you, there’s me and the 7 other people that were at my work gathering and catch it while at the first in-person work situation in 2+ years.

For as comfortable as the two of you are in being out in public/crowded places, there’s just as many that aren’t - for very good reason. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1084 on: May 07, 2022, 08:04:55 PM »
You got more cases of Covid in 10 minutes than my store has had in a year and a half. What kind of petri dish do you work in? :lol