Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132107 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1015 on: March 23, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
Last month My wife applied for an internal Supervisor job she has more or less been doing the last year-and-a-half (training/supervising the staff in her small dept of 4, which not long after COVID, her Supervisor quit for another job outside of her company).

The management interviewed 2 external candidates on Monday.

They have yet to interview her nor the 2 other internal candidates at her company.

It was announced today they are near finalizing who they will hire for this position.

If they do not hire her or at least another 1 of the internal candidates, she will quit her job.

Not even a fucking interview? lol  :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

My guess is they're bringing in an outsider for 25%+ less than what an internal candidate would have expected.

In this job market, it'd probably be the other way around.  I know if I up and quit, it would cost them a lot more to backfill someone with comparable experience.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1016 on: March 25, 2022, 08:57:28 AM »
So-called manager created another email storm and blew up everyone's inbox.  Typical idiot with a title and doesn't really manage anything.  Sick to fucking death of it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1017 on: April 13, 2022, 09:33:41 AM »
Deductibles.  I remember paying for insurance and there was no such thing as a deductibles. Now, it's not one flat deductible, it's 5 or 6.  Try tracking it.  I thought I hit my deductible?  No sir, not for your lab work.

I have a $775.00 bill that I have to pay $730.00.  What a joke.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1018 on: April 13, 2022, 09:38:18 AM »
whats the point of insurance at that point?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1019 on: April 13, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »

Tell me about it. I can't believe that all that bloodwork was not covered and you have to hit your deductible first.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2022, 11:03:30 AM »
That blows, Joe.  lol US "health"business care.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »

It's frustrating because it is truly hard to track.  I'm solid in math.  That's a big part of my job but boy, they love to spin you around.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2022, 11:26:01 AM »

It's frustrating because it is truly hard to track.  I'm solid in math.  That's a big part of my job but boy, they love to spin you around.

It is hard to follow, and it's some thing you have to be committed to. It can be extremely confusing to follow the money.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »

It is hard to follow, and it's some thing you have to be committed to. It can be extremely confusing to follow the money.

It is, and they do this because they know most will give up trying to calculate it all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1024 on: April 14, 2022, 09:48:41 PM »
So, I was in the carpark at one of my venues for work, and I always park away from the entrance, A. for customers to have close carparks and B. less chance of getting hit obviously. I was at this pool for maybe an hour and a half.  There was no car either side when I pulled up, and no car either side when I left.  I walk out and some fucking asshole basically rammed by back door.  Check this;

No note, nothing.  FFUUUCCCKK.....my car is 8 years old now and got 257000K on it, so she's getting on, but fuck me this ain't right.  That's not just a small ding, Stevie Wonder would have done less damage driving!

Anyway, spent the morning trying to get out what I can.  I'm not paying to fix it or claiming it on insurance or anything, I'm not that fussed.  Came up okay;

I'm fine with this.  I used a regular toilet plunger to get a little of the dents out and I'll buy a paint touch up pen or something tomorrow when stores are open to try and fix the little specs that's been chipped out of my paint.

Seriously......fuck people!!!!!  :censored >:(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: April 15, 2022, 04:56:46 AM »
Man, I hate people.   That sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1026 on: April 15, 2022, 05:14:20 AM »
Mother fucker, people suck.

Years ago, I had some ass-clown rear-end me when I was stopped at a red light.  Nothing too bad, but it was more than just a love tap.  We're on a major/busy 3-lane road, so I didn't want to just stop and block a lane while we exchanged information.  So when the light turns green, I turn right down the side-street assuming the guy is gonna follow me ... and he blows on by, taking off on the main road.  What in the actual fuck!?!?!  I did a quick U-turn, and miraculously was able to see that he tried to slip down the NEXT road before I caught up with him.  Fortunately I did, and he then pulled over all apologetic and shit.  He turned out to be a bigger ass-clown, trying to get me to take my car to his "uncle's" shop for repairs cuz he didn't A) want to go thru Insurance, and B) didn't want to pay the $1,400 *my* repair shop estimated it to me.

Anyway... people suck.  Sorry you gotta be reminded of that every time you look at your car now, Kade.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: April 15, 2022, 06:07:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  Yeah, it's really not the biggest deal to me, but just people hitting and running is the most annoying thing.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1028 on: April 15, 2022, 06:24:56 AM »
Back in like 2013 when I moved from America to Israel, I was selling all my stuff or giving it away. I gave away my couch, which was a nice couch, and the people who ended up getting it were loading it into their truck and dropped in my car. Making a huge dent and tear in a door. They said they’d take care of it and then just completely blew me off. Got a free couch and then ditched me when they messed up my car. I was selling the car and moving a week later so didn’t have time to fix it nice. Just had to take a loss on the amount the car went for.

Real nice.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: April 15, 2022, 06:33:54 AM »
Thanks guys.  Yeah, it's really not the biggest deal to me, but just people hitting and running is the most annoying thing.

You're a better man than I. I remember a few years back I got my first brand new car, parked it way out back at the grocery store while I went in for a few minutes. Come back and some hit my rear quarter, brand new car, still had temp plates.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1030 on: April 15, 2022, 06:41:53 AM »

I posted about it here somewhere, but last summer I bought a new car, and exactly two months later someone hit my car overnight, broke my side-view mirror, dents all over the drivers side of the car. I was a lot more upset than you are so props to you.

Sorry this happened but one of those situation where there really isn't much you can do.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline emtee

« Reply #1031 on: April 15, 2022, 07:48:05 AM »

Tell me about it. I can't believe that all that bloodwork was not covered and you have to hit your deductible first.

It's not just deductibles either. The wife and I had 2 recent instances where procedures needed to be done. We called the insurance company in advance and verified the facility, docs, and lab were in-network. Well, guess what, the anesthesiologist was not. They were contracted out. We got two huge unexpected bills. BUT...we fought it and eventually won. What a crock. With health care there always seems to be an unforseen charge lurking.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: April 15, 2022, 04:46:54 PM »

You're a better man than I. I remember a few years back I got my first brand new car, parked it way out back at the grocery store while I went in for a few minutes. Come back and some hit my rear quarter, brand new car, still had temp plates.

I posted about it here somewhere, but last summer I bought a new car, and exactly two months later someone hit my car overnight, broke my side-view mirror, dents all over the drivers side of the car. I was a lot more upset than you are so props to you.

Sorry this happened but one of those situation where there really isn't much you can do.

Yeah cheers guys.  I mean that would fire me up if the car was new so having a car for 8 years kind of makes it not as annoying, but still fucking annoying!  :lol

Exactly though, what do you do.  We have CCTV but I parked so far away the cameras don't cover that area lol!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1033 on: April 15, 2022, 04:49:54 PM »
You did an awesome job cleaning that up.

When I was a store manager, I always made sure one of the parking lot cameras was aimed right at me car. Especially on days when I had to fire or discipline someone.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1034 on: April 15, 2022, 05:00:48 PM »
You did an awesome job cleaning that up.

When I was a store manager, I always made sure one of the parking lot cameras was aimed right at me car. Especially on days when I had to fire or discipline someone.

:lol

I didn't fire anyone yesterday so I think I can rule that out, but you never know, I've pissed heaps of people off in my time!  :rollin

Yeah, even this morning, it looks okay.  Pretty crinkled but I'll go shopping today and see if I can get some touch up paint and tidy it up a little more.  But I'm not that handy so pretty pleased with myself!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1035 on: April 15, 2022, 05:01:03 PM »

It's not just deductibles either. The wife and I had 2 recent instances where procedures needed to be done. We called the insurance company in advance and verified the facility, docs, and lab were in-network. Well, guess what, the anesthesiologist was not. They were contracted out. We got two huge unexpected bills. BUT...we fought it and eventually won. What a crock. With health care there always seems to be an unforseen charge lurking.

Tell me about it.  I had to get some minor tests done last year for carpal tunnel syndrome and my out of pocket ended up being quite a bit.  It was quite annoying. The only good part is one visit to my PT (who I see like once a year) resulted in him giving me some simple exercises that all but cleared up the syndrome within a month, so that was the good part.  It will still ache a little on occasion, but it is 95% better than it was for the first part of 2021. Getting older sucks.  :lol :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: April 19, 2022, 09:09:30 AM »
I'm going through something similar. I have a surgery next week, got multiple quotes prior and today I get my bill I have to pay for my surgery and it's almost $2k more. I call and they don't know why it's so much higher. Dealing with anything related to medical billing just sends me into a blind rage.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1037 on: April 25, 2022, 07:38:12 PM »
My Plex server took a dump. I'm so pissed. I spent so much time and effort curating and configuring my library and the whole database just disappeared. All of my content still exists, but Plex acts like I never set it up before. This happened once before and I was able to recover it. This time, no dice. Looks like I have to rebuild the whole thing again. Really not happy.

EDIT: WHEW! I saved it. While going through the settings I noticed it was all of a sudden backing up the database to my wife's account on the PC. No idea how or why. I re-pointed the backup path and shutdown and restarted everything. Boom, my library is back. Some minor things got reset, but all of my hard work is still in place. That was an odd one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 08:17:21 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: May 01, 2022, 07:29:50 AM »
I had the same thing happen to my plex server. Do you run a dedicated NAS or just running it off a home PC?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1039 on: May 01, 2022, 07:57:50 PM »
I had the same thing happen to my plex server. Do you run a dedicated NAS or just running it off a home PC?

I have a dedicated 10 TB drive for video and 2 TB for music in my main rig. My wife almost never uses the computer. She's all smartphone and iPad. I'm just really glad I noticed the backup path. Once I corrected the path everything magically came back. I had been meaning to find out what it takes to do a full backup of my DB and I did. Used 7zip and it came out to like a 9 GB file. I don't want this to happen again.

Any media that I don't have physical copies of is backed up onto smaller external drives. I can always re-rip any of my physical stuff if something goes wrong. It's more a cost saving measure.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1040 on: May 02, 2022, 05:53:06 PM »
So I go in for my annual check up today.  I've been going to the same clinic for more than 10 years now and I have always used my work photo ID so they can check to be sure I am who I say I am.  I've let them know in the past that taking a copy of my driver's license is not going to happen - I've been the victim of identity theft so I'm very protective of my IDs.  I know they have noted this in my chart because mostly I never get any guff about it.  So today the receptionist says my ID is "not acceptable" and she needs to take a copy of my license.  I patiently explain why that will not be happening and another woman comes up and sees the computer screen and points out to the receptionist that it has been ok'd to take my work photo ID.  So I'm relieved.

Then with the very next breath this receptionist says, "I just need to have a credit card or debit card on file in keeping with our new office policy."   :facepalm:

I couldn't believe my ears.  I say, "What for?  I'm here for my annual exam and my insurance pays 100% of it so what on Earth would your clinic need with my credit card information?"  She just looks at me with a blank face.  I gather my things planning to walk out of the clinic if this goes any further and the other woman again says, "It's fine.  We don't need it."

Does anyone else have to give credit card or debit card information at their primary doctor's office?  WTF?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1041 on: May 02, 2022, 05:54:44 PM »
Never heard of that. I just use my card for my co-pays.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: May 02, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »
Does anyone else have to give credit card or debit card information at their primary doctor's office?  WTF?

Not for primary doctor, but for a specialist.  I gave it to them when asked not thinking much about it. After the minor surgery, there was even a dispute with my insurance where they wanted to bill me the entirety of the bill for months, luckily they never charged my card I had on file with them.  It got sorted out eventually, but I was actually worried and then relieved that me handing that over didn't become more problematic.   Having said that, I have no idea if this is normal or not because I don't have too many experiences to reflect on regarding this.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1043 on: May 02, 2022, 07:30:31 PM »
I typically pay cash for any co-pay.  This is the first time I've ever heard of a primary care clinic saying they required a card "on file."

I'm definitely looking for a new primary care provider.  Not just for this reason but my experience today was the last straw.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1044 on: May 02, 2022, 07:31:49 PM »
What is cash? :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1045 on: May 02, 2022, 07:33:58 PM »
My co-pays are never more than $15.  I always have a twenty on me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: May 02, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »
Never asked to have a card on file but I've paid with my card

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: May 02, 2022, 10:16:06 PM »
What is cash? :lol

I still use cash for literally everything.  Can't let go of it.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1048 on: May 03, 2022, 07:26:13 AM »
It's my understanding that collections for medical services is a nightmare.  Between that and the trick of having to move patients through more quickly due to the loads during COVID, I can see it as a process improvement.  That's not to say that a patient shouldn't be able to opt out, I'm not taking sides here, but just pointing out why it might be a thing.   The urgent care near me has a card on file, and I gave them my Flex Card.  Can't be used for anything else, and if one of my kids goes in, they can use it.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1049 on: May 03, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »
So, I was in the carpark at one of my venues for work, and I always park away from the entrance, A. for customers to have close carparks and B. less chance of getting hit obviously. I was at this pool for maybe an hour and a half.  There was no car either side when I pulled up, and no car either side when I left.  I walk out and some fucking asshole basically rammed by back door.  Check this;

No note, nothing.  FFUUUCCCKK.....my car is 8 years old now and got 257000K on it, so she's getting on, but fuck me this ain't right.  That's not just a small ding, Stevie Wonder would have done less damage driving!

Anyway, spent the morning trying to get out what I can.  I'm not paying to fix it or claiming it on insurance or anything, I'm not that fussed.  Came up okay;

I'm fine with this.  I used a regular toilet plunger to get a little of the dents out and I'll buy a paint touch up pen or something tomorrow when stores are open to try and fix the little specs that's been chipped out of my paint.

Seriously......fuck people!!!!!  :censored >:(

Just don't overdo the correction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4fBbhyzE9A
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman