Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 125186 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
Didn't know where to put this but I'm getting a bit mad/nervous about my whole job situation. I've been on furlough since May 12th and I immediately started applying to other positions. My job, while I'm on furlough, will still pay my and my families medical benefits....I don't lose any seniority or PTO or anything like that.....and my position is still there for me when they bring us back. I'm just not getting paid. I'm free to go work anywhere else and they'll keep paying my benefits and my job is there.....I just have to report back to my position within (5) days of being told I can come back to work.

So, with that being said.....I started applying to positions pretty quickly because I just want to work. I'm getting unemployment....which after taxes (I chose to get the taxes taken out now) is $828 a week. It's less than what I make 'normally' but it's enough to where I can budget and still get the bills paid. So, that's been nice. thing is, that's WITH the extra $600 a week from the Feds from that CARES act. That $600 a week ends July 31st....then I'd only be getting $288 a week  :omg:

So, I knew when the Fed $$$ would end and that's why I started trying to get 'a' job ASAP. I've applied to (37) different positions of varying levels.....Project Manger positions like I'm doing now.....simple Computer Aided Drafting and design work I did right out of school and everything in between. I've had a total of (2) Interviews  :(

One for a job that I was told I was the top candidate but that company is on a hiring freeze and the Rep. I spoke with had no idea when they'd let him fill the spot. The other was a PM position at a Construction Company and that was the first job I applied for......and I could tell on the Zoom interview that when we talked salary his face gave it away that we were miles apart.

I'm getting nervous now that I have basically a month to find some sort of job. I have a 'fall back' option of being a brick mason laborer with my buddies father in law's mason company.....he said he'd pay me cash and I could work as much as I wanted. But, a 44 year old brick mason laborer doesn't sound like too much fun  :lol  If I HAVE to I will.....but, that's a last straw type deal.

I'm willing to take just about anything right now. The consensus from my boss is that she doesn't think any of us will be called back until mid to late August at the earliest. Could be longer. If I can land a job just making $25 an hour....I could make that work for a couple months or until I could maybe find a job that was more comparable to what I'm doing/making now.

Anyway.....was just sitting here applying for a couple more jobs and starting to feel myself worrying a bit....so I thought typing it all out may help.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
Yeah Gary that blows and I feel for you, man.

$25/hr isn't that bad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2020, 07:57:10 PM »
$25/hr isn't that bad.

Totally. Just doing some basic calculating that’s about the minimum I could go to still maintain SOP in the Miller household.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »
Well you'll keep us abreast I'm sure, but I really wish you the best of luck.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2020, 08:24:56 PM »
At least you do have the brickie job to fall back on mate, so that's some assurance.  Nothing to say you can't do that while looking for something else.  At least just do that til August, it will be here before you know it.

The hiring freeze thing is very common, my company is doing the same at the moment too.  It makes things tricky for both managers that need to engage stuff and of course the workers.

Try not to stress mate, it will work out and fall into place for you in the end.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »
At least you do have the brickie job to fall back on mate, so that's some assurance.  Nothing to say you can't do that while looking for something else.  At least just do that til August, it will be here before you know it.

The hiring freeze thing is very common, my company is doing the same at the moment too.  It makes things tricky for both managers that need to engage stuff and of course the workers.

Try not to stress mate, it will work out and fall into place for you in the end.

:tup  Thank you Sir

Offline PetFish

« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »
Prior authorizations with meds.

I wish so bad that the doctor could just filter out non formulary meds by insurer when he goes to prescribe, rather than:

1. prescribe random brand of med that you need
2. pharmacy rejects that brand because its not formulary for your insurance
3. Prior auth request is sent back to doctor
4. Doctor gets around to filling it out eventually
5. Prior auth goes back to insurance 
6. Insurance decides whether or not to accept it

And when all is said and done, hopefully your still alive to even take the med  :lol

Is this the American healthcare system?

Here in Canada, BC at least, pharmacies will always fill the generic brand as they're automatically covered.  Every brand-name has an LCA (low-cost alternative) that gets filled even if Doc writes the brand name.  For example, T3s are commonly prescribed just as "T3s", but then when filling it'll be something like "ratio-emtec" where "emtec" is the generic made by the company RATIOPHARM and has acetaminophen 325mg with codeine 30mg and will be fully covered.

If someone actually wants the brand name they can get it but they'll pay the difference in price from the generic to the brand.  The Doc could also apply for a special authorization for insurance to pay the entire brand name price but it's rare.

I'm shocked you can't just tell the Doc that you want the generic that's actually covered but they won't write it.  Just doing it at this time would save them the hassle as well.  Seems pretty stupid.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #672 on: June 26, 2020, 02:18:25 AM »
Liverpool football fans will piss me off today.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #673 on: June 26, 2020, 03:53:09 AM »

I wish so bad that the doctor could just filter out non formulary meds by insurer when he goes to prescribe, rather than:

And when all is said and done, hopefully your still alive to even take the med  :lol

Here in Canada, BC at least, pharmacies will always fill the generic brand as they're automatically covered.  Every brand-name has an LCA (low-cost alternative) that gets filled even if Doc writes the brand name.  For example, T3s are commonly prescribed just as "T3s", but then when filling it'll be something like "ratio-emtec" where "emtec" is the generic made by the company RATIOPHARM and has acetaminophen 325mg with codeine 30mg and will be fully covered.

If someone actually wants the brand name they can get it but they'll pay the difference in price from the generic to the brand.  The Doc could also apply for a special authorization for insurance to pay the entire brand name price but it's rare.

I'm shocked you can't just tell the Doc that you want the generic that's actually covered but they won't write it.  Just doing it at this time would save them the hassle as well.  Seems pretty stupid.

Pharmacies here will also autosub to a generic, but where things got screwed up in this case is he wrote for an inhaler that doesn't have a generic yet. He wrote for Dulera, where if he would have written for Symbicort then it would have gotten autosubstituted to the generic version that is available and I would have it in my hands.

They are both the same drug class, but going into the appointment I didn't really know what he was going to write for. All I knew was I can't breath correctly and I need to see the doctor. I could have asked him to write for a generic, but I truthfully didn't know symbicort was the one that had a generic.

So today, if the prior auth is still in limbo, I will call his office and ask for the generic.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #674 on: June 26, 2020, 05:34:00 AM »

Pharmacies here will also autosub to a generic, but where things got screwed up in this case is he wrote for an inhaler that doesn't have a generic yet. He wrote for Dulera, where if he would have written for Symbicort then it would have gotten autosubstituted to the generic version that is available and I would have it in my hands.

They are both the same drug class, but going into the appointment I didn't really know what he was going to write for. All I knew was I can't breath correctly and I need to see the doctor. I could have asked him to write for a generic, but I truthfully didn't know symbicort was the one that had a generic.

So today, if the prior auth is still in limbo, I will call his office and ask for the generic.

I've always been a little perplexed by something. I have a recurring infection in my left leg (stems from the balcony fall) that has hospitalized me four times in the last three years. It's usually a four or five night stay. I've been prescribed a type of preventative cream that my insurance won't cover. However, when I went to the pharmacist he brought me to the aisle and showed me an over the counter cream that was "exactly the same thing chemically as the one my insurance wouldn't cover". How does that work? How could you have two identical products, one of which requires a doctor's prescription and another that doesn't?

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2020, 07:20:48 AM »
Didn't know where to put this but I'm getting a bit mad/nervous about my whole job situation. I've been on furlough since May 12th and I immediately started applying to other positions. My job, while I'm on furlough, will still pay my and my families medical benefits....I don't lose any seniority or PTO or anything like that.....and my position is still there for me when they bring us back. I'm just not getting paid. I'm free to go work anywhere else and they'll keep paying my benefits and my job is there.....I just have to report back to my position within (5) days of being told I can come back to work.

So, with that being said.....I started applying to positions pretty quickly because I just want to work. I'm getting unemployment....which after taxes (I chose to get the taxes taken out now) is $828 a week. It's less than what I make 'normally' but it's enough to where I can budget and still get the bills paid. So, that's been nice. thing is, that's WITH the extra $600 a week from the Feds from that CARES act. That $600 a week ends July 31st....then I'd only be getting $288 a week  :omg:

So, I knew when the Fed $$$ would end and that's why I started trying to get 'a' job ASAP. I've applied to (37) different positions of varying levels.....Project Manger positions like I'm doing now.....simple Computer Aided Drafting and design work I did right out of school and everything in between. I've had a total of (2) Interviews  :(

One for a job that I was told I was the top candidate but that company is on a hiring freeze and the Rep. I spoke with had no idea when they'd let him fill the spot. The other was a PM position at a Construction Company and that was the first job I applied for......and I could tell on the Zoom interview that when we talked salary his face gave it away that we were miles apart.

I'm getting nervous now that I have basically a month to find some sort of job. I have a 'fall back' option of being a brick mason laborer with my buddies father in law's mason company.....he said he'd pay me cash and I could work as much as I wanted. But, a 44 year old brick mason laborer doesn't sound like too much fun  :lol  If I HAVE to I will.....but, that's a last straw type deal.

I'm willing to take just about anything right now. The consensus from my boss is that she doesn't think any of us will be called back until mid to late August at the earliest. Could be longer. If I can land a job just making $25 an hour....I could make that work for a couple months or until I could maybe find a job that was more comparable to what I'm doing/making now.

Anyway.....was just sitting here applying for a couple more jobs and starting to feel myself worrying a bit....so I thought typing it all out may help.

Oh man, that is really really rough.  I can't imagine how stressed out you must be right now.  If you don't mind, I'll pray for you that you will be able to find a great paying gig in the mean time while you are waiting for your regular job to come back.

Stay strong and have courage!
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:18 AM »

I've always been a little perplexed by something. I have a recurring infection in my left leg (stems from the balcony fall) that has hospitalized me four times in the last three years. It's usually a four or five night stay. I've been prescribed a type of preventative cream that my insurance won't cover. However, when I went to the pharmacist he brought me to the aisle and showed me an over the counter cream that was "exactly the same thing chemically as the one my insurance wouldn't cover". How does that work? How could you have two identical products, one of which requires a doctor's prescription and another that doesn't?

I'm not a pharmacist, and I don't play one on TV (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)... as I understand it, a couple things could be happening:  one, the cream w/prescription is the same CHEMICALLY, but more concentrated.  Two, the prescription isn't NECESSARY, he's just writing it out so you have a chance of insurance covering it (or flex).   Flex doesn't over OTC (thanks, Obama!*) but it does cover copays on prescriptions.   Three, it's not EXACTLY, and the pharmacist was generalizing because of what you need.   I have a cream that my doctor prescribed, and it works like a charm.  My wife found "the same cream" without a prescription, but reality is, it's missing one specific ingredient.  So while it does most of what the scripted version does, it's not quite the same (the OTC covers the symptoms, basically, but it doesn't go away; the scripted version will clear up the condition as well).  Good for emergencies/traveling, but not a long term solution.

* Not really joking, because Obamacare significantly changed the categories to which flex accounts apply, including removing most OTC medicines.  I am joking with the reference though.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2020, 07:56:46 AM »
Stadler has it right

The stuff in the aisle typically is less concentrated, so it gets classified as OTC (over the counter). So you may see like a 2% cream as prescription where as there's 1% in the aisle. And Depending on the condition, sometimes things can be "prescribed" by a doctor like a 90 day supply of Nexium so that its cheaper through insurance than buying out of pocket, but anyone can go and just buy it as well.

But then there's the laundry list of things insurance dosen't cover  :P

The prescription law/insurance policies always blew my mind and is very convoluted. I barley even passed the Pharmacy law exam, lol. And more things are OTC now than ever, so if you have a good guide, you can treat a lot of conditions just from whats in the aisle to buy.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2020, 08:25:25 AM »

Oh man, that is really really rough.  I can't imagine how stressed out you must be right now.  If you don't mind, I'll pray for you that you will be able to find a great paying gig in the mean time while you are waiting for your regular job to come back.

Stay strong and have courage!

Thank you Sir!  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #679 on: June 26, 2020, 05:28:45 PM »
Keep your chin up and keep at it, Gary. You'll find something sooner rather than later.  :tup :tup

Offline PetFish

« Reply #680 on: June 26, 2020, 10:28:03 PM »

Here's good practice:  go grab a box of TYLENOL (brand) and then look at the box of ACETAMINOPHEN (generic) right next to it.  You'll see they both contain 325mg of acetaminophen (or 500mg of acetaminophen if you're looking at the extra strength version).  They are identical.

What will blow you away is when you start looking at the active ingredients of other meds.  Did you know that the generic of BENADRYL is called DIPHENHYDRAMINE and that is also the generic of NYTOL?  So if you buy diphenhydramine (generic) you have yourself an anti-histamine as well as a sleep aid.

Instead of buying GRAVOL in a 10-tab blister pack for $8, grab a bottle of 50 DIMENHYDRINATE for the same price (you may have to ask for it cuz it's sometimes kept behind the counter).

As mentioned already, creams and such can have different concentrations, and if you want something higher than what's available on the shelf then Doc definitely has to write something for the pharmacy to custom-prepare.

But, when looking at simple things like tabs/caps, always take a look at the generic brand, you'll save a lot of money.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:55 AM »
Thankfully I married a certified pharmacy technician.  Lol. With me being on blood thinners,  (Eliquis) I can really only have Acetaminophen. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #682 on: July 02, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »
Fucking stupid woke culture pissed me off today. Don't @ me  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #683 on: July 02, 2020, 03:12:45 PM »

Don't ask you?  Come on Walrus, don't leave us hanging, give us the story!  By the way, I agree with you about woke culture  :).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #684 on: July 02, 2020, 03:21:04 PM »

Don't ask you?  Come on Walrus, don't leave us hanging, give us the story!  By the way, I agree with you about woke culture  :).

Go check Cyril's roulette thread in GMD  :facepalm: you'll probably get a laugh or three  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #685 on: July 02, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »
I really don't think posts like the above will help anything at all.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #686 on: July 02, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
I really don't think posts like the above will help anything at all.

Well, they weren't intended to help. This is the pissed off thread. I mentioned what pissed me off. Success!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #687 on: July 02, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »
okay!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
When you have a very strained relationship with your uncle, who you made up with as your grandmother's dying wish. And You have to go to his wedding in a few weeks:

and today he asks you to illegally bring him fireworks for his wedding (they are legal in my state and not his state apparently)  and argues with you when you tell him you don't feel comfortable doing so  :P

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #689 on: July 04, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »
When you have a very strained relationship with your uncle, who you made up with as your grandmother's dying wish. And You have to go to his wedding in a few weeks:

and today he asks you to illegally bring him fireworks for his wedding (they are legal in my state and not his state apparently)  and argues with you when you tell him you don't feel comfortable doing so  :P

That's no good.  I wouldn't do it if I were you.  Wedding or no wedding, promise to Grandma or no promise to Grandma.  If caught, you could be charged with arson.  I'm a "do what ever you want unless it hurts someone else" kind of guy, so in principle I believe people should be able to do fireworks when ever and where ever they want as long as it's on private property.  But since the consequences are potentially so steep, I just wouldn't risk it.  It would make me angry too if I was in your position.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #690 on: July 04, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »

I feel you man. I just read through that thread at GMD and  :facepalm:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #691 on: July 04, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »

That's no good.  I wouldn't do it if I were you.  Wedding or no wedding, promise to Grandma or no promise to Grandma.  If caught, you could be charged with arson.  I'm a "do what ever you want unless it hurts someone else" kind of guy, so in principle I believe people should be able to do fireworks when ever and where ever they want as long as it's on private property.  But since the consequences are potentially so steep, I just wouldn't risk it.  It would make me angry too if I was in your position.

Oh totally. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it and thank god he accepted it. The conflict of him wanting to do stupid shit and me trying not to is huge part of the reason why we had the original falling out.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #692 on: July 04, 2020, 11:29:10 PM »

*Wonders what this is about...

*Checks out the thread in question...

10 minutes later...

Wow.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2020, 11:46:53 PM »

*Wonders what this is about...

*Checks out the thread in question...

10 minutes later...

Wow.

Yeah, that was my reaction too.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #694 on: July 05, 2020, 04:56:03 AM »
Fucking TV shows that I start to get in to when they first drop, but then the goddamn network doesn't renew them.  At least a 1/2 dozen shows over the past few years I've gotten invested in, only to be left at the alter - and usually on a medium-to-large sized cliffhanger.  :getoffmylawn:

Just makes me only want to invest my time with existing shows that already have multiple seasons - or revisit shows I already watched years ago that were absolutely fantastic (eg, Fringe).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: July 05, 2020, 06:21:43 AM »
That happens to Lisa and I all the time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #696 on: July 05, 2020, 06:22:20 AM »
Not to me!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #697 on: July 05, 2020, 06:23:27 AM »
I'm not sure if I should be pissed at this, or honored.  I just learned that the Kyle and Chad are the male equivalents to Susan and Karen.

I'd like to speak to someone's manager about this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #698 on: July 05, 2020, 06:25:37 AM »
Chad, is Chad your given name or is it Charles? I know people named Charles will go by Chad sometimes.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: July 05, 2020, 06:58:11 AM »
Welcome to Joe shmo, Joe mama ect...  lol