Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132121 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #595 on: March 19, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »
Spring Breaker's in Florida.  Like, seriously!?!?!?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #596 on: March 19, 2020, 10:44:49 PM »

Not to be outdone, 3500 people in france gathered dressed as Smurfs to break a world record.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #597 on: March 20, 2020, 05:55:36 AM »

Not to be outdone, 3500 people in france gathered dressed as Smurfs to break a world record.

Yeah, someone linked that video in the Corona thread a couple weeks back.  Hell it might have been only a week ago.  The NBA "suspending" the season feels like it was a lifetime ago - not 9 days.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #598 on: March 20, 2020, 06:10:09 AM »
Why is it that the people lowest on the totem pole at work are always the first to complain about tiny things? Yet I step in when I shouldn't have to, pick up other's slack, and help out wherever necessary without saying a word of complaint to anyone. Heaven forbid you had to empty a slightly fuller garbage can than normal. Better get your manager involved. Good grief...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #599 on: March 20, 2020, 06:57:15 AM »
Why is it that the people lowest on the totem pole at work are always the first to complain about tiny things? Yet I step in when I shouldn't have to, pick up other's slack, and help out wherever necessary without saying a word of complaint to anyone. Heaven forbid you had to empty a slightly fuller garbage can than normal. Better get your manager involved. Good grief...

We live in the "not my job" world these days.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2020, 07:09:34 AM »

After growing up and living in Florida for 90% of my life this is the least surprising thing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #601 on: March 20, 2020, 07:30:41 AM »

I've written about this in the past and usually get a fair number of eye-rolls, but there is truth in this.  It's a give and take, of course (the manager has to make sure that it's not skewed too far in the OTHER direction) but for me, "not my job" basically means "I don't want my job anymore" and in my experience that's usually the outcome, at some point.   I lost my job in the Great Recession of 2008, and in the turmoil following I had an epiphany that I've maintained ever since:  I want to be the guy in my organization that my boss goes to when he has no idea what needs to be done, or when there is no clear path forward.  Basically, the guy that does the jobs after someone else says "not my job".

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #602 on: March 20, 2020, 07:34:41 AM »

In my line of work you only have two reply options towards your director/conductor/producer: "Yes" and "Yessir".

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: March 20, 2020, 08:00:35 AM »

Their governor has been acting like the mayor of Amity Island throughout this.  Same with the store owners.  Oh, beaches will be closed the 23rd.  Yet another 'close the barn doors after the cows get out' response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk

This ain't the 80s, dudes!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: March 21, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »
I think it was in the 'happy' thread the other day that I referenced reaching out to my father and brother - who I've been estranged from.... haven't spoken a single word to my brother in 3 years; no communication with my father for 2.5, and even before that it was very strained with them each off and on for well over a decade.  So, in light of world events, what better time to extend an olive branch?

I sent them each a text message expressing my hope that they and their family were all safe and healthy, and coping thru everything as best as possible in these times and "Please know that we are thinking of you".

Actual responses:
Father - "So nice to hear from you.  We are doing well.  Being very careful with minimal to no outside contact.  Hope you and the family are well also.  Thanks for reaching out"
Brother - "Oh... a blast from the past.  Thanks for reaching out.  We're all ok.  Hope you guys are all doing well.  Keep safe!"

That's it.

Guess they didn't really want to grab that olive branch.  At least they replied ?

Just reinforces that blood =/= family.  Several of you around here are closer to what I consider family than these two.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #605 on: March 21, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Glad they replied Chad, maybe it’s just a ‘baby steps’ scenario. The responses sounded cordial so that’s good. I’d take it as a good first contact and then maybe reach out again in a bit. See how that goes from there? Or you might be surprise by one of them reaching out to you here coming up?

No matter what.....I wish you well and hope you can mend those relationships or at least cultivate them to a point where it’s not toxic. Good luck bro
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #606 on: March 21, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »
I think it was in the 'happy' thread the other day that I referenced reaching out to my father and brother - who I've been estranged from.... haven't spoken a single word to my brother in 3 years; no communication with my father for 2.5, and even before that it was very strained with them each off and on for well over a decade.  So, in light of world events, what better time to extend an olive branch?

I sent them each a text message expressing my hope that they and their family were all safe and healthy, and coping thru everything as best as possible in these times and "Please know that we are thinking of you".

Actual responses:
Father - "So nice to hear from you.  We are doing well.  Being very careful with minimal to no outside contact.  Hope you and the family are well also.  Thanks for reaching out"
Brother - "Oh... a blast from the past.  Thanks for reaching out.  We're all ok.  Hope you guys are all doing well.  Keep safe!"

That's it.

Guess they didn't really want to grab that olive branch.  At least they replied ?

Just reinforces that blood =/= family.  Several of you around here are closer to what I consider family than these two.

Man, that sucks.

I have a similar situation with my uncle (who is like a brother). After a falling out and shaky make up years ago, Any correspondence now is pretty rare and always very quick/short  :-\

And my Father... well, he doesn't care if I'm alive or dead and never has, so there's that  :sad:

But I totally agree, blood =/= family

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #607 on: March 21, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »

Actual responses:

That's it.

I got your back my brother. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #608 on: March 21, 2020, 05:41:36 PM »

Actual responses:

That's it.

There's a door ajar, don't shut it!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #609 on: March 21, 2020, 05:59:39 PM »
Exactly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: March 21, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys, but there’s a lot of history that you guys naturally don’t know. It may seem like an open door, but the nature of the relationships have always been that it’s ALWAYS me that has to not only keep the door open, but be the one to walk thru. It’s not my job to make them care about me and my family. I’ve extended olive branches a number of times over the past 20 years. That’s the extent I can go to at this point. As I said, if they want to grab the other end of that branch, I’m game. They have to want to be part of a relationship too. If not, it’s cool - I've mourned the loss of those relationships already. I can’t/won’t be the only one to make the effort to rekindle them - I’ve been down that road before.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: March 21, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »
Seems like you are doing all you reasonably can.

On another note... I feel bad that you gang-bangers don't have a dad, that your mom got knocked up at 16 and has no idea how to raise a boy, that you were smuggled across the border in the dead of night as a baby, that segments of our society convinced women they don't need a man to raise a kid, that you dropped out of junior high because you figured you could make more money pushing dope and pimping out hoes in a year than you would having a real job, that other gangs want to kill you solely based on what color bandanna you wear....

But is it too much to ask for you motherfuckers to not spray paint our neighborhood fence?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #612 on: March 21, 2020, 07:08:49 PM »
Seems like you are doing all you reasonably can.

On another note... I feel bad that you gang-bangers don't have a dad, that your mom got knocked up at 16 and has no idea how to raise a boy, that you were smuggled across the border in the dead of night as a baby, that segments of our society convinced women they don't need a man to raise a kid, that you dropped out of junior high because you figured you could make more money pushing dope and pimping out hoes in a year than you would having a real job, that other gangs want to kill you solely based on what color bandanna you wear....

But is it too much to ask for you motherfuckers to not spray paint our neighborhood fence?

It's called free art bro!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #613 on: March 21, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »
~
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2020, 07:31:20 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys, but there’s a lot of history that you guys naturally don’t know. It may seem like an open door, but the nature of the relationships have always been that it’s ALWAYS me that has to not only keep the door open, but be the one to walk thru. It’s not my job to make them care about me and my family. I’ve extended olive branches a number of times over the past 20 years. That’s the extent I can go to at this point. As I said, if they want to grab the other end of that branch, I’m game. They have to want to be part of a relationship too. If not, it’s cool - I've mourned the loss of those relationships already. I can’t/won’t be the only one to make the effort to rekindle them - I’ve been down that road before.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

I'm in no place to judge, but from where I'm sitting, it looks like you've done all you can, and you're at peace.   That's all that really matters.  You're under no obligation to keep exerting psychic energy (i don't mean that all New-Age-y, I just mean emotional effort) for no return and in fact, what seems to be something that is sucking even MORE emotional energy.  I'm with you 100%:  blood doesn't always equal family, no matter how many times Vin Diesel says it. 

You said something to the effect of "now's the time, if there ever was the time", but I think I might offer that "now's the time, if ever was the time, to make sure YOU are in a good place, not adding more stress and more drama to an already over-stressed situation". 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #615 on: March 23, 2020, 07:36:57 AM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #616 on: March 23, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
@Chad... I feel ya on the family front. Just kind of wish I was able to bury the hatchet before it was too late. I hope you can, too...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #617 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »
@Chad... I feel ya on the family front. Just kind of wish I was able to bury the hatchet before it was too late. I hope you can, too...

I hear ya bro... I can bury my hatchet, but it won't make an ounce of difference if the other two are still carrying theirs around.

:-\

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #618 on: March 23, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »
Chad, I also went through something quite similar with my parents. In a way, it's still happening. To me, I always go back to the fact that I have to live with myself, and my actions. Can I look myself in the mirror with my actions. I call on holidays. I'm simply not going to allow myself to not call. That's not me. I expect myself to do the right thing. Similar to the texts you sent out the other day. I think that's great. I pride myself on being the bigger person, and you can rest assured that you did the bigger person thing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: March 23, 2020, 07:10:15 PM »
My oldest got a text from a couple of his girl friends tonight saying there’s a guy on Snapchat pretending to be him sending dick pics to all the girls in his school.  >:(

Since they know he doesn’t have any social media apps/profiles they knew it wasn’t him.....they reported the account and told the person to knock it off. I am livid. So livid I created an account....found the account and sent a sternly worded message. I also reported the account.

I’m thinking its some perv who just wanted to send DP’s to a bunch of little girls. If it turns out to be a student (if they find out who it is) then that student and his/her parents are going to have some words.

I hate the fact this happened to him and that he’s growing up in a world where there’s many ‘new’ ways to be embarrassed and picked on. Not gonna lie....my first instinct and what I ‘want’ to do to this person isn’t very civil or Christian. But....my son and I talked it through and it’ll be alright. Thankfully....the soonest he will be back in school is April 27th....if they even go back this year.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: March 23, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »
I want to cock punch whoever did that.  I'm so sorry Gary.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #621 on: March 23, 2020, 07:14:15 PM »
That's fucked. How old is your oldest son, Gary?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: March 23, 2020, 07:21:21 PM »
That's fucked. How old is your oldest son, Gary?

13. Turns 14 May 2nd

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #623 on: March 23, 2020, 07:23:07 PM »
Ooh, that's a tough age.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: March 23, 2020, 07:23:57 PM »
I want to cock punch whoever did that.  I'm so sorry Gary.

You and me both Joe. As a parent it just drives home the realization that I can’t protect them all the time.

I’m thankful he has friends that let him know and that reported the account. It’s just a bummer because he was really upset and embarrassed. We had a good talk though but I remember what being a teenager was like. Everything is the ‘end of the world’ and lets face it.....kids are mean.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: March 23, 2020, 07:31:01 PM »

Actual responses:

That's it.

I don't see too much wrong with their responses mate considering the circumstances.  What did you expect?  Did you have a next step in mind on what you want to happen?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: March 23, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »
Got to know the background. I know a little more than most here and history matters in this case.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #627 on: March 23, 2020, 07:49:33 PM »
I don't know any of Chad's background, but for me, I still expect parents to always be the adults in the room. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case in my family.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: March 24, 2020, 05:28:13 AM »
@ Wolf... wasn't expecting too much from my brother, tbh.  Though, his 'blast from the past' comments was fully intended sarcastically and in a douchebag way.  You'd have to know my brother to get that.  The last conversation we had was not pleasant at all, and at one point attacked the character and behaviour of my (then 16 year old) kids, and we hung up the phone on one another.

As for my father, one would thing that a grandfather would at least ask how his grandkids are doing?  Even a simple 'how are you guys doing' would be some kind of indicator that there might be some interest on his end to rekindle the relationship.  The flat, non-interested replies verify he (and my brother) have no interest.  Which is fine.  As I said, I mourned the loss of those relationships long ago.  My father had abandoned me 3 times in my life (and twice with my wife/kids), and I'm in no hurry to be the one to give him a 4th opportunity.

@ Gary ... Jesus Horatio!  That's fucked up.  I believe a lot of States consider DP's to be child pornography.  Is that the case in MO?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:23:54 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: March 24, 2020, 05:36:59 AM »
Yeah, fair enough, that's some great points I probably should have picked up on.  I guessed your brother was being somewhat sarcastic.  You could follow up with an update on how you guys are etc.  But I can see how there was no open questions from both of them to keep things going.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.