Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124446 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
At least you could move it and didn't have to guard it on the street overnight.

But that would mean leaving her out there.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2019, 04:21:11 PM »

At least then you could go and get soup.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »
She sucks, man. Stopped working ever since she met him, claims 'anxiety' keeps her from working. Couldn't drive the damn car around the block without pulling over because of 'anxiety.' Let me know how raising that kid goes

:rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »
She sucks, man. Stopped working ever since she met him, claims 'anxiety' keeps her from working. Couldn't drive the damn car around the block without pulling over because of 'anxiety.' Let me know how raising that kid goes

Holy crap, no kidding!  I try not to judge, but on the face of it, that sounds like a recipe for DISASTER.  I've done some shit in my life, but there hasn't been even a minute at work that was as intense as the responsibility of raising a kid.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
Guy should have gotten canned a long time ago and if he was in the US, he would have as we have given the boot to better workers than him.

Unless he was part of a union.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:07 AM »
Guy should have gotten canned a long time ago and if he was in the US, he would have as we have given the boot to better workers than him.

Unless he was part of a union.

Well that's a whole different story then, I'm glad my job doesn't have any dealings with unions.  A previous job did and it was very frustrating.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »
Pre-ordered the new Vanden Plas album and t-shirt in early October. The order was shipped, no tracking number provided. The order still hasn't arrived so I wrote to Frontiers. They give me the tracking number (why the hell couldn't they do it in the first place?) I look it up and apparently my order arrived to my local Post Office at Oct 12th. The local Post Office didn't send me any notifications. I also put in the phone number when ordering, no calls or messages or anything. The delivery time may sometimes be up to two months which is why I didn't even bother visiting the Post Office before.

Turns out the order was waiting for me for the whole month and they sent it back on November 12th, now it's on its way back to Germany.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
Well that is upsetting for sure, sorry to hear that. The post office seems to be a shit-show no matter where you are in the country.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2019, 10:06:08 AM »
Why did the post office hold onto it in the first place?  Was there a bad address on it or something?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
Why did the post office hold onto it in the first place?  Was there a bad address on it or something?

Oh, we don't have the mailmen here. I mean we do, but only for letters or something, nothing as big as t-shirt + CD package. The mailman usually puts a notification (a slip of paper) in your mailbox and you have to fill it in and bring it to the post office to get your package.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »
Oh, so they just totally dropped the ball on that part.  I guess I forgot everywhere has different ways of delivery.  I get all sorts of boxes dropped off at my house, only when something needs a signature do I get the slip on the door.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »
Yep. Hopefully Frontiers will be graceful and send it back to me with a tracking number with no additional charges.

I had this issue like three years ago with InsideOut and they did that.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
Meanwhile not in Russia ... Ruslan's package.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »
:rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2019, 05:15:45 PM »
Pre-ordered the new Vanden Plas album and t-shirt in early October. The order was shipped, no tracking number provided. The order still hasn't arrived so I wrote to Frontiers. They give me the tracking number (why the hell couldn't they do it in the first place?) I look it up and apparently my order arrived to my local Post Office at Oct 12th. The local Post Office didn't send me any notifications. I also put in the phone number when ordering, no calls or messages or anything. The delivery time may sometimes be up to two months which is why I didn't even bother visiting the Post Office before.

Turns out the order was waiting for me for the whole month and they sent it back on November 12th, now it's on its way back to Germany.

Just lazy poor form from the post office.  Does no fucker stop to think 'hey, this has been here a while, probably should give this guy a buzz.' 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
PEOPLE!  What else could possibly be the cause of all the stupid shit that happens?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »
So.... we got that winter wallop that everyone got, and for us (southern New England) it was a one-two punch.  Sunday into Sunday night was snow, freezing rain, and in the morning, the schools had a 2-hr delay.  I shoveled (well, snow-blowed) the driveway, no prob.  About 3 to 4 inches.   Then, Monday afternoon into night, we were supposed to get round two.  And the weatherman was "well, it should have done this, but it's doing that" and adjusted the snow totals so that I was right on the line of "1" to 3"" and "3" to 5".   I wake up to a foot.   At least.   No problems so far, I'm good, I love snow, so I make some coffee and go outside.   

The end of the driveway is easily three feet high.  I work my way through the mountain of snow - I felt like Jon Snow wading through the undead - and get to the street.   Clear out about a three foot wide swath to work with.

Here's the piss:  The snow plow comes, sees me in the street and stops.  Cool so far.  I blow into the driveway moving out of his way, and he starts up and moves a fucking mountain of snow right back into my gap!  The fuck!  You saw me move it!  You couldn't swerve? Come back later? Lift the plow?   

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
So.... we got that winter wallop that everyone got, and for us (southern New England) it was a one-two punch.  Sunday into Sunday night was snow, freezing rain, and in the morning, the schools had a 2-hr delay.  I shoveled (well, snow-blowed) the driveway, no prob.  About 3 to 4 inches.   Then, Monday afternoon into night, we were supposed to get round two.  And the weatherman was "well, it should have done this, but it's doing that" and adjusted the snow totals so that I was right on the line of "1" to 3"" and "3" to 5".   I wake up to a foot.   At least.   No problems so far, I'm good, I love snow, so I make some coffee and go outside.   

The end of the driveway is easily three feet high.  I work my way through the mountain of snow - I felt like Jon Snow wading through the undead - and get to the street.   Clear out about a three foot wide swath to work with.

Here's the piss:  The snow plow comes, sees me in the street and stops.  Cool so far.  I blow into the driveway moving out of his way, and he starts up and moves a fucking mountain of snow right back into my gap!  The fuck!  You saw me move it!  You couldn't swerve? Come back later? Lift the plow?

I live on a corner lot in a really old pocket in Waterbury. I'm one of the few houses with no driveway. The roads are really wide, so street parking isn't a problem and I can easily fit 12 cars around my house. The guy who plows our neighborhood angles his blade toward my car instead of the other way toward the woods. I don't understand it. I used to go out and plow for my ex's father when he needed a hand. I know for a fact that the guy could just direct the snow the other way and is consciously choosing not to.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2019, 12:45:02 PM »
So I went to the package store just now. A guy walks in behind me, and is in line behind me. On my way out, I'm checking out a gift set and the guy walks out. As I exit the store, the guy is backing out of a spot....the handicapped spot. I see him grab his parking pass off his dashboard as he is backing up. I'm thinking WTF? The guy was definitely NOT handicapped.

But not only this...look at the spots in front of the store.

The gray van is mine. He parked in the H spot two spots over from me. I mean, there's an OPEN spot right next to me, not to mention the three open ones further to the left.
On the other side of my van...

..there's three more open spots.

It's bad enough if someone who can walk grabs an H spot at a crowded mall, but this is first class douchery. Fucking asshole!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
That is pretty fucked up.

What pissed me off this morning is something that's been making me angry for about a month now.  Every single time I get in my car to drive to work, I put on Howard Stern on SiriusXM and maybe within 10 minutes of enjoying whatever he's talking about, it goes on a 20+ minute commercial break.  I change the channel, lsiten to a couple songs, come back... still commercial, a few more songs... still commercial.  It's been like this every single day for a month.  I've had enough.  Cancelled my subscription which ends in a month or so.  But what's also annoying is you have to call and then no matter how many times I said I want to cancel, they try to make some offer including the last offer was three free months and a statement credit of 5$ in case I wanted to get a plan after the 3 free months.  To which I said in 3 months I'll have to go through this whole process again and hear all these crappy offers. NO. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
Tim... might want to get your rear light fixed, before you're posting in here about getting pulled a ticket from the Po-Po.

And yeah... normally, I'm tolerant of what the definition of "handicapped' might be - could be he has a heart condition, and shouldn't be walking more than 20 steps before keeling over.  But with the spot right beside it being open, there was probably no need to take it up... on the off chance that an actual wheel-chair vehicle comes along.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2019, 02:01:34 PM »
Tim... might want to get your rear light fixed, before you're posting in here about getting pulled a ticket from the Po-Po.

Yeah, I got clipped in a huge highway pileup in the rain on the highway last week.

And yeah... normally, I'm tolerant of what the definition of "handicapped' might be - could be he has a heart condition, and shouldn't be walking more than 20 steps before keeling over. 

Sure, but he was good enough to walk the store and buy a giant bottle of booze!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2019, 02:03:33 PM »
See my story in the roulette thread; this is a sensitive issue for me, since my dad NEEDS that spot.  Having said that, he would have taken the spot next, as both Jingle and TAC have said. 

Odd story:  My dad, brother, grandfather, OTHER grandfather, uncle, and cousin all have the same name (first and last).  Their first name is my middle name.   So... one day my dad goes to the hardware store and sees a town police car parked in the handicapped spot.  He happened to have his camera with him (this is before cellphones; probably 1988-90-ish) and takes a picture of the cop coming out of the pizza joint next door to the hardware store.   He later gives it to the Chief of Police (a friend of his, and I played softball with his kids).   

Within the next two weeks or so, my brother got two speeding tickets and I got two written warnings for speeding.   The odd part?  My two written warnings had my dad's name on them, even though I owned and paid insurance on my car.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:11:05 PM by Stadler »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »
great thread  love it
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2019, 08:09:01 PM »
Fuck that Tim, fuck that guy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »

:lol

Amen, brother!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »
The XFL teams released their uniforms today.  Just like with the team names, a big letdown for me.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2019, 10:23:20 AM »
Here's a good one.

- I had lunch plans yesterday like most days of the week.
- Manager schedules meeting with 4 people including himself, me, another manager and his employee during lunch hour.
- Both managers don't even show up.
- Thanks for fucking me out of my lunch plans and making the other employee walk a qtr mile to and from another building for no reason.

:slowclap:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2019, 01:30:34 PM »
Worthless employees are the bane of my work existence right now.  Dude at this account I am working at (Not running- just working as a working bee here) has a history of calling out, using bullshit excuses...

Oh, is that the dude that concocted that whole story about not being able to come in for a key meeting after allegedly running over a huge piece of debris on the highway and destroying the entire undercarriage of his car?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »
Worthless employees are the bane of my work existence right now.  Dude at this account I am working at (Not running- just working as a working bee here) has a history of calling out, using bullshit excuses...

Oh, is that the dude that concocted that whole story about not being able to come in for a key meeting after allegedly running over a huge piece of debris on the highway and destroying the entire undercarriage of his car?

:curtains:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »
:hearts:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2019, 02:39:23 PM »

:lol

Amen, brother!

And the shopping cart he rode in on!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2019, 02:43:52 PM »
What are you on about now?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
I coach a 12U ice hockey team. It's not the 'gold' level players....they're the 'silver' level so it's really just a teaching/refining skills league so that they can make the gold level teams. Anyway, our 'best' goalie's Dad just told us that he won't be at our only out of town tournament OR the end of season playoffs because they'll be on family vacations!!???

To play in this club on the 'silver' level it's $875 a kid. Add in the $300 for the 'kitty fund' along with $50 here....$100 there for odds and ends things and it's a pretty good chunk of change. Outside of the fact that in my view when you commit to play on a team sport your committing your time and pledging that you'll be there for the team.....the investment alone should make you want to have your kid play in as many games as they can.

I don't understand scheduling (2) family vacations in the months that you know your kids team is going to be playing games. Maybe it's just me....but I don't even consider it a possibility to miss any games unless it's due to illness or some unforeseen circumstance. Certainly not for leisure or something that can be avoided.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »
WPMOT: Back in September I found out my car had a blown head gasket. Fast forward to the end of October and I get it back, $2000 later, with new spark plugs and a new water pump as well... except today after keeping an eye on the coolant level for a while, I noticed it was suspiciously low. Did some looking around and sure enough it's leaking from the damn head. Took it back to the mechanic who worked on it and will bring it in Monday to get it fixed. On top of that, my back right tire keeps leaking air, and last night it somehow went completely flat. I've already taken it off and examined it: nothing piercing it, nothing in the tread, sat it in a tank of water and pored over it and couldn't find a single air bubble. So WTF is going on with this damn tire? For months it'll slowly leak and every few days I have to fill it up. I've already taken it off three times and searched for leaks and cannot find anything.

This car is going to drive me mentally insane.  :lol :facepalm:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"