Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 119426 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »
WPMOT: Back in September I found out my car had a blown head gasket. Fast forward to the end of October and I get it back, $2000 later, with new spark plugs and a new water pump as well... except today after keeping an eye on the coolant level for a while, I noticed it was suspiciously low. Did some looking around and sure enough it's leaking from the damn head. Took it back to the mechanic who worked on it and will bring it in Monday to get it fixed. On top of that, my back right tire keeps leaking air, and last night it somehow went completely flat. I've already taken it off and examined it: nothing piercing it, nothing in the tread, sat it in a tank of water and pored over it and couldn't find a single air bubble. So WTF is going on with this damn tire? For months it'll slowly leak and every few days I have to fill it up. I've already taken it off three times and searched for leaks and cannot find anything.

This car is going to drive me mentally insane.  :lol :facepalm:

I recommend hitting a chunk of debris on the highway at about 75 mph....you'll get a new everything instead of them just totaling it  :biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »
WPMOT: Back in September I found out my car had a blown head gasket. Fast forward to the end of October and I get it back, $2000 later, with new spark plugs and a new water pump as well... except today after keeping an eye on the coolant level for a while, I noticed it was suspiciously low. Did some looking around and sure enough it's leaking from the damn head. Took it back to the mechanic who worked on it and will bring it in Monday to get it fixed. On top of that, my back right tire keeps leaking air, and last night it somehow went completely flat. I've already taken it off and examined it: nothing piercing it, nothing in the tread, sat it in a tank of water and pored over it and couldn't find a single air bubble. So WTF is going on with this damn tire? For months it'll slowly leak and every few days I have to fill it up. I've already taken it off three times and searched for leaks and cannot find anything.

This car is going to drive me mentally insane.  :lol :facepalm:

You didn't tell anyone you were going to call them after, and didn't, did you?   :)

That head gasket thing would piss me off.  There's a shot they did it wrong, and there's a shot that they didn't do it at all and figured a shiny new water pump would glare your eyes.   That happened on my daughter's car.  Her brother (a licensed mechanic who redid the work) and I were pissed. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2019, 12:30:02 PM »
Hahaha, I should just ram it into something and put it out of its misery, or at least try to...

We (as in, my dad and the shop) work with this particular mechanic quite often, so they definitely did the work and didn't screw me over like that, although it was estimated to be about $1300 at first and then after the water pump and spark plugs and labor it ballooned to $2k... but yeah, clearly one of the guys fucked something up since it's leaking. So I am kind of pissed that we* spent that much money on this only to have to bring it back. Lately they've been having issues like this - not sure if they got a new guy or what...

*I am fortunate enough that my parents fronted the bill and I am paying them back incrementally
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
Hahaha, I should just ram it into something and put it out of its misery, or at least try to...

We (as in, my dad and the shop) work with this particular mechanic quite often, so they definitely did the work and didn't screw me over like that, although it was estimated to be about $1300 at first and then after the water pump and spark plugs and labor it ballooned to $2k... but yeah, clearly one of the guys fucked something up since it's leaking. So I am kind of pissed that we* spent that much money on this only to have to bring it back. Lately they've been having issues like this - not sure if they got a new guy or what...

*I am fortunate enough that my parents fronted the bill and I am paying them back incrementally

Well, make sure they're fixing it; this should be a warranty claim.    Not car warranty, but their work should be warranted for some period of time if they did something wrong (like not putting a gasket in correctly or some shit). 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
Oh yeah, they won't charge for the repair, thankfully.

At least they shouldn't. They know better - as often as we do work with them, too :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
I don't understand scheduling (2) family vacations in the months that you know your kids team is going to be playing games. Maybe it's just me....but I don't even consider it a possibility to miss any games unless it's due to illness or some unforeseen circumstance. Certainly not for leisure or something that can be avoided.

I fully agree, but maybe the dads employer limits vacation time?  I have a family member that drives a truck for a living and vacations are handled by seniority.  So my family member, being lower in seniority, never gets to vacation in the summer because those weeks are already taken.  They have to pull their kids from school to go on a trip because he is forced to use his vacation time in the winter.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #286 on: December 06, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
I coach a 12U ice hockey team. It's not the 'gold' level players....they're the 'silver' level so it's really just a teaching/refining skills league so that they can make the gold level teams. Anyway, our 'best' goalie's Dad just told us that he won't be at our only out of town tournament OR the end of season playoffs because they'll be on family vacations!!???

To play in this club on the 'silver' level it's $875 a kid. Add in the $300 for the 'kitty fund' along with $50 here....$100 there for odds and ends things and it's a pretty good chunk of change. Outside of the fact that in my view when you commit to play on a team sport your committing your time and pledging that you'll be there for the team.....the investment alone should make you want to have your kid play in as many games as they can.

I don't understand scheduling (2) family vacations in the months that you know your kids team is going to be playing games. Maybe it's just me....but I don't even consider it a possibility to miss any games unless it's due to illness or some unforeseen circumstance. Certainly not for leisure or something that can be avoided.

Are those expectations communicated beforehand? Does the league have a policy? Just asking. Not disagreeing with you BTW.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2019, 07:33:46 PM »
I coach a 12U ice hockey team. It's not the 'gold' level players....they're the 'silver' level so it's really just a teaching/refining skills league so that they can make the gold level teams. Anyway, our 'best' goalie's Dad just told us that he won't be at our only out of town tournament OR the end of season playoffs because they'll be on family vacations!!???

To play in this club on the 'silver' level it's $875 a kid. Add in the $300 for the 'kitty fund' along with $50 here....$100 there for odds and ends things and it's a pretty good chunk of change. Outside of the fact that in my view when you commit to play on a team sport your committing your time and pledging that you'll be there for the team.....the investment alone should make you want to have your kid play in as many games as they can.

Are those expectations communicated beforehand? Does the league have a policy? Just asking. Not disagreeing with you BTW.

The only policies are for behavior expectations. There is no formal attendance policy.

I just personally think that if you’re committing to a team you should be committed to it for the duration of the season.  Players and coaches alike depend on it.

The secondary thing like I said is the $$$. There’s simply no way I’m investing this type of money and then my kid missing games unless it’s due to illness or something else.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
Holiday traffic.

Despite it being a weekday, the streets are completely jam packed wall to wall with traffic  :P

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »
My boss not putting in my overtime and not even saying anything about it.  Once the payslip comes in, he's already off on leave until the second week of January.  Fuck you, you cunt.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »
So the account manager (who handles my scheduling) has basically been giving me a schedule a week at a time. I got this week's schedule on Thursday (no text or anything telling me that it's done. I just happened to see it was published). Working Sunday, off Mon and Tue, working overnight on Christmas and Thurs, and Fri + Sat we're TBD. I was working but there wasn't a set time or place yet.

Okay. Working a graveyard on Christmas? Could be worse but it's time and a half... So why the fuck not. So we moved our plans to Christmas Eve. We still were going to do stuff on Xmas day... But there was going to be alcohol involved. So that was going to be today.

And then something comes up and I am stuck working Mon and Tue.. Won't be home today (Tue) till like 7pm.

And then I get a call an hour offering me Christmas off.

WTF.

So now I have no idea what my plans are... Because they've been changed 3x because of me.

I have a feeling they did that to get out of paying me holiday pay.. Because my rate at time and a half is double the regular guy's regular rate.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »
So the account manager (who handles my scheduling) has basically been giving me a schedule a week at a time. I got this week's schedule on Thursday (no text or anything telling me that it's done. I just happened to see it was published). Working Sunday, off Mon and Tue, working overnight on Christmas and Thurs, and Fri + Sat we're TBD. I was working but there wasn't a set time or place yet.

Okay. Working a graveyard on Christmas? Could be worse but it's time and a half... So why the fuck not. So we moved our plans to Christmas Eve. We still were going to do stuff on Xmas day... But there was going to be alcohol involved. So that was going to be today.

And then something comes up and I am stuck working Mon and Tue.. Won't be home today (Tue) till like 7pm.

And then I get a call an hour offering me Christmas off.

WTF.

So now I have no idea what my plans are... Because they've been changed 3x because of me.

I have a feeling they did that to get out of paying me holiday pay.. Because my rate at time and a half is double the regular guy's regular rate.

That is some serious Christmas blues  :tdwn.  I hope all will end up working out for you.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2019, 07:49:29 PM »
My boss not putting in my overtime and not even saying anything about it.  Once the payslip comes in, he's already off on leave until the second week of January.  Fuck you, you cunt.
My boss did this to me last week. I was supposed to have 2 days of paid vacation, but it was mysteriously missing... :censored

I should just cash out the other 3 weeks of paid vacation time I have saved up and quit and get a job with a competitor :neverusethis:        Or finally start my own business like I've been meaning to for the last couple years...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: December 25, 2019, 08:59:45 PM »
So... My gf and I watch The Masked Singer. We were having a conversation with her dad's fiance about how we need to catch up on the show, as the season is over but we're like several episodes behind and we've been really enjoying it.

She flat out just said "yes SO AND SO won it"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Like... Fucking really?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2019, 04:43:43 AM »
Ok, not cool to spoil it like that, but that show was sooooo dumb.  The 'judge' panel was like .... F-list celebrities.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2019, 06:27:48 AM »
See my rant in the chat thread.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »
Ok, not cool to spoil it like that, but that show was sooooo dumb.  The 'judge' panel was like .... F-list celebrities.

Please don't get me started on that.  I can tolerate the panel - I like Robin Thicke and Ken Jeong is funny... sometimes, and Nicole knows what she's talking about - but what bugs me is the staging and the hype.  They do these audience pans while the contestant is singing, and these audience members... they're either crying like the Pope is giving mass, or they're screaming like it's The Boss at MSG in '84, or swaying and holding each other like it's McCartney himself doing a solo version of Hey Jude into Let It Be.  For f***'s sake, man, it's that guy in 'Nsync who ISN'T Timberlake or Fatone, warbling a Train semi-hit.  Calm the f*** down. 

And it's even worse when the voting happens; if those people put that kind of effort in to real voting global warming wouldn't be a thing, cancer would be cured, and my street would have been paved some time in this century.

Ah me. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
My boss did this to me last week. I was supposed to have 2 days of paid vacation, but it was mysteriously missing... :censored

I should just cash out the other 3 weeks of paid vacation time I have saved up and quit and get a job with a competitor :neverusethis:        Or finally start my own business like I've been meaning to for the last couple years...

While it's great someone shares my frustration, it's so disgusting that this happens everywhere.  How can these bastards enjoy their XMas knowing they have fucked over the people they rely on?  That's right, they don't give a fuck. 

Quitting and starting my own thing has always been a the dream too mate.  I know I'll never do it though.  I'd have 6 months paid out if I wanted to quit and start again haha.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: December 26, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »

Please don't get me started on that.  I can tolerate the panel - I like Robin Thicke and Ken Jeong is funny... sometimes, and Nicole knows what she's talking about - but what bugs me is the staging and the hype.  They do these audience pans while the contestant is singing, and these audience members... they're either crying like the Pope is giving mass, or they're screaming like it's The Boss at MSG in '84, or swaying and holding each other like it's McCartney himself doing a solo version of Hey Jude into Let It Be.  For f***'s sake, man, it's that guy in 'Nsync who ISN'T Timberlake or Fatone, warbling a Train semi-hit.  Calm the f*** down. 

And it's even worse when the voting happens; if those people put that kind of effort in to real voting global warming wouldn't be a thing, cancer would be cured, and my street would have been paved some time in this century.

Ah me.

I saw a little of the Australian one and fuck me this has to be the most mind numbing, dumb ass piece of shit I've ever seen.  We had Lindsay Lohan for fucks sake. I'm pretty sure your brain cells commit suicide as you watch it.  Your IQ I'm sure is lower after watching an episode of it, it has to be.

That bolded line was fucking gold mate!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: December 26, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
Like I know it's stupid... But I enjoy trying to guess the celebs based on the hints.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: December 27, 2019, 03:45:35 AM »
Like I know it's stupid... But I enjoy trying to guess the celebs based on the hints.

Well, you DID enjoy it.  Not anymore then haha.  Yeah, the hell to people that spoil shit even when you say not to.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2019, 10:36:46 AM »
This is petty and kinda stupid and even moreso because I'm still dwelling on it days later, but, Saturday my best buds came over, and one of them brought his wife without asking me beforehand. He knows that I DO NOT like his wife whatsoever and have a longstanding beef with her, yet brought her over without even asking if it was cool. I ignored her and acted like she wasn't there for the whole night. Then she asked me for the wifi. Yeah, super petty, but that enraged me, given that she often makes passive aggressive attacks about me and my other best friend on social media.

Just everything about her pisses me off and I was not happy to have her in my home. Next time I'm telling him to leave her at home and make sure he puts some water in her dish

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
If Chasing Amy has taught me anything, it’s that there’s one simple solution.

You gotta have a three way with your friend and his wife.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2019, 10:52:18 AM »
If Chasing Amy has taught me anything, it’s that there’s one simple solution.

You gotta have a three way with your friend and his wife.

Dude, I wouldn't bang her with his dick.

Offline Adami

« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2019, 11:01:38 AM »
Close your eyes, pretend it’s Stadler and do what needs to be done.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2019, 11:21:26 AM »
This is petty and kinda stupid and even moreso because I'm still dwelling on it days later, but, Saturday my best buds came over, and one of them brought his wife without asking me beforehand. He knows that I DO NOT like his wife whatsoever and have a longstanding beef with her, yet brought her over without even asking if it was cool. I ignored her and acted like she wasn't there for the whole night. Then she asked me for the wifi. Yeah, super petty, but that enraged me, given that she often makes passive aggressive attacks about me and my other best friend on social media.

Just everything about her pisses me off and I was not happy to have her in my home. Next time I'm telling him to leave her at home and make sure he puts some water in her dish
My unsolicited opinion is to do one of two things:
1) Take the high ground and be civil to her. Don't ignore her, don't tell the guy not to bring her over, just treat her with respect even though she doesn't deserve it. Doesn't mean you need to be her best friend. Just don't act like a jerk towards her.
2) End the friendship. It's his wife. She's not going away. You're putting him a tough spot to choose between his wife and your friendship. Do him a favor and choose his wife for him.

Feel free to ignore. :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
3) Clone the guy and let the original version be free of the ties that bind him.

Yeah, I know. Bite my tongue and be respectful.

Offline Adami

« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
Or

3) way
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
Adami is right.  As usual.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: December 31, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »
My vomit is going to vomit.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #310 on: December 31, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »

Ah me.
:lol  I've gotta say, this post made me literally laugh out loud.

Stadler: "Don't get me started."

Stadler: *starts*

:rollin
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: December 31, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »
The wife and I were doing some simple finalized shopping for a small group to visit here tonight.

On our way home on a 30MPH street this morning, a total nutjob female suddenly darted in front of our car and was screaming.  I have no idea if she was out of her element, waited way to late to cross the boulevard, or was trying to commit suicide, with our vehicle being her exit device.  We came to a halt about two feet from her, and I jumped out of my vehicle yelling and wondering WTF was her problem.  A county cop was nearby.  He got out of his vehicle, grabbed me, and then started to yell and chastise ME for yelling at her!!!   And then threatened us, without ever going up to that individual to find out what HER problem was.

We've known every Precinct captain over the past seven years, the county commanders, etc....because we are 'big shots' in a way with the county police and our elected officials.  But, WE were threatened for 'harrassing' some nut who was lucky that I have great peripheral vision.  Yes, I have his badge number, the car number, and will be talking with Captain Chemelli and Commander Hyatt tomorrow. 

Glad that the last day of the year did not result in a fatality at 'my hands'.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #312 on: December 31, 2019, 12:05:03 PM »
The wife and I were doing some simple finalized shopping for a small group to visit here tonight.

On our way home on a 30MPH street this morning, a total nutjob female suddenly darted in front of our car and was screaming.  I have no idea if she was out of her element, waited way to late to cross the boulevard, or was trying to commit suicide, with our vehicle being her exit device.  We came to a halt about two feet from her, and I jumped out of my vehicle yelling and wondering WTF was her problem.  A county cop was nearby.  He got out of his vehicle, grabbed me, and then started to yell and chastise ME for yelling at her!!!   And then threatened us, without ever going up to that individual to find out what HER problem was.

We've known every Precinct captain over the past seven years, the county commanders, etc....because we are 'big shots' in a way with the county police and our elected officials.  But, WE were threatened for 'harrassing' some nut who was lucky that I have great peripheral vision.  Yes, I have his badge number, the car number, and will be talking with Captain Chemelli and Commander Hyatt tomorrow. 

I tell my sons all the time that it's the person that retaliates that almost always gets in trouble. Same in your situation I guess. It would have been best to either just stay in your car, or calmly ask her if she needed help. I totally understand your reaction though.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #313 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
Yikes!  Thank goodness that didn't have a tragic ending. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #314 on: December 31, 2019, 01:06:19 PM »

Why even get out of the car? People fuck up. No one got hurt. Let it go and carry on with your life. I don't blame the cop.