Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124395 times)

cramx3 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1890 on: May 15, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
I guess it’s just me be I can’t stop focusing on the comment that he lost 15 lbs … I’m undercooking some old chicken right now. Totally worth it!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1891 on: May 15, 2023, 03:15:50 PM »
I had raw chicken twice in my 30's from Outback Steakhouse. I told my parents that I refuse to eat there. It was so gross.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1892 on: May 15, 2023, 05:36:19 PM »
I had raw chicken twice in my 30's from Outback Steakhouse. I told my parents that I refuse to eat there. It was so gross.

Why on earth would you order it again the second time?!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1893 on: May 15, 2023, 05:45:07 PM »
2 different spots. Both time, my parents wanted to eat there. After the second time I told them never again.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1894 on: May 15, 2023, 05:49:28 PM »
2 different spots. Both time, my parents wanted to eat there. After the second time I told them never again.

Jesus. I'm not sure if that's just pure bad luck or bad training practices across the whole company perhaps?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1895 on: May 15, 2023, 05:50:08 PM »
From my bad experience, I don't get chicken if I go out just incase.  Steak and always steak.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1896 on: May 15, 2023, 06:02:25 PM »
Only time I had to deal with it. Everywhere else, chicken has been good to me. Lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1897 on: May 15, 2023, 06:04:33 PM »
Only time I had to deal with it. Everywhere else, chicken has been good to me. Lol

True.  I mean, you look at the ratios of good and bad experiences, it's next to nothing from a statistical point of view.  But those bad experiences just stick with you lol.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1898 on: May 15, 2023, 06:15:33 PM »
But those 2 experiences from one chain restaurant has altered my view of them forever.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: May 15, 2023, 06:17:36 PM »
But those 2 experiences from one chain restaurant has altered my view of them forever.

Of course.  The one time I had it from a fast food chain, I have never gone back.  Haven't even thought about it.  It was a fast food chicken place and they couldn't even fucking cook a chicken properly, fuck that.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1900 on: May 16, 2023, 09:43:07 AM »
Thanks for the support, everyone.

I went back to Doc and got some antibiotics.  This is supposed to only last 4-7 days without antibiotics and now I'm at 12 days.  I can finally sleep through the night and getting my appetite back but my poop still isn't firming-up.

The other thing is that I can't prepare food for my family.  I can't even cut strawberries for them.  Washing hands is key, of course, but it's just not worth the risk until I'm 100% better.  The only silver lining here is that it's not spread through the air like norovirus or rotovirus so I don't have to isolate.

One thing that doesn't get talked about are the flu symptoms.  Every other day I'd get full-body aches and pains and chills that would last a few hours.  I never really heard this was part of salmonella poisoning so wasn't ready for it and it hits hard, man.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1901 on: May 16, 2023, 06:22:56 PM »
They gave you antibiotics for food poisoning??

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1902 on: May 16, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
Salmonella is a bacterium.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: May 16, 2023, 07:24:58 PM »

Yeah right.  Must have been fucking bad for them to prescribe them.  Unless that's normal, dunno.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1904 on: May 16, 2023, 08:05:08 PM »

Yeah right.  Must have been fucking bad for them to prescribe them.  Unless that's normal, dunno.

I think they’ll usually at least offer them for any bacterial infection.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1905 on: May 17, 2023, 06:12:02 AM »
Cancer.  F#ck cancer. 

Close friends (my best friend from high school) have had a few bouts of it over the last 10 years, but was cancer-free for a few years.  It's back, and now it's in his wife's bone which only gets there through the blood.

FFS.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1906 on: May 17, 2023, 06:13:21 AM »
WTF?? Both of them??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1907 on: May 17, 2023, 06:32:28 AM »
Dammit. I'm so sorry Chad.

I'm leaving work soon to go to a wake.  My best bud from high school father passed away last Friday. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1908 on: May 17, 2023, 03:49:47 PM »
I really try to be sympathetic to pharmacists and their refill taking minions. It's really got to be a terrible job dealing with doctors and grouchy, often times sick and miserable patients. That said, how hard can it be to keep all of my prescriptions coming at the same damn time? I've taken the exact same 7 meds for 10 years now, and the only thing I ask is that they all come at the same time so I can load up four 7 day dispensers and be done with it. My longtime (seven or so years) pharmacy has done a swell job of it up until six weeks ago, and every refill since has been screwed up. It just shouldn't be that hard. I explain to them on the phone every time, hold off on any until they're all ready! "Yes sir, says that right here in the notes," and then I get shorted one. "Oh, the doctor hasn't sent it in yet." Fucking cunt.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1909 on: May 17, 2023, 05:14:59 PM »
Salmonella sounds really shitty.  (sorry, it's been a day  :P)

My husband had h pylori in 2016.  He lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks and literally turned grey.  He looked like death walking.  Unfortunately this was exactly the same time one our kids graduated from high school.  Good times.   :tdwn

And EB - I hear that.  I literally take one medication.  It hasn't changed in about 4 years.  One day I pick it up and suddenly it costs about twice what I've been paying because they just opted to give me the brand name instead of generic.  I'm like - fucking WHY? 

Our healthcare system is literally hanging on by threads.  I guess we shouldn't be surprised this rapid decline will include pharmacies.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: May 17, 2023, 05:29:52 PM »
Real Madrid losing against Manchester City

Online Adami

« Reply #1911 on: May 17, 2023, 05:58:39 PM »
My wife testing positive for Covid.

Meaning she loses the two weddings she was gonna officiate this weekend, losing thousands of dollars in doing so.

And if I have it, I lose my weekend recording drums.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1912 on: May 17, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »
That fucking blows.  Hope she is not feeling too poorly.  And that you manage to avoid it.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Adami

« Reply #1913 on: May 17, 2023, 06:28:38 PM »
That fucking blows.  Hope she is not feeling too poorly.  And that you manage to avoid it.

Yea. She’s not feeling great. Slept most of the day. Fever. Sore throat.

I was sick as hell two weeks ago but feel fine. I just need to not have it till after I record.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1914 on: May 17, 2023, 07:00:50 PM »
So you actually play the drums?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1915 on: May 17, 2023, 07:09:24 PM »

Adami plays more than just drums.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1916 on: May 17, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »

Adami plays more than just drums.

Well I figured cymbals was understood.

Online Adami

« Reply #1917 on: May 17, 2023, 07:32:56 PM »

For 25 years, yup. Booked 3 days at a studio in Jersey (I know, gross) to record drums to my new album. Even though I have all the gear to record my own drums, I can't do it in an apartment and renting out a space would, surprisingly, be more expensive and difficult.

Edit: I also play guitar, bass, and can BS some keys. And if you're completely okay with how James is singing these days, I can almost sing too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1918 on: May 17, 2023, 07:35:46 PM »
21 years ago my neighbors adopted a baby girl named Rachel from China. 10 years later her father, my friend, committed suicide and that crushed me. Yesterday her Mother drank herself to death while Rachel graduated from college. I'm completely devastated.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1919 on: May 17, 2023, 07:44:23 PM »
WTF?? Both of them??

No, just the wife.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1920 on: May 17, 2023, 07:46:05 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1921 on: May 17, 2023, 07:46:22 PM »

For 25 years, yup. Booked 3 days at a studio in Jersey (I know, gross) to record drums to my new album. Even though I have all the gear to record my own drums, I can't do it in an apartment and renting out a space would, surprisingly, be more expensive and difficult.

Edit: I also play guitar, bass, and can BS some keys. And if you're completely okay with how James is singing these days, I can almost sing too.

Your NEW album? Does that mean you have an old album? Are you in a band or is it a one man thingy?

WTF?? Both of them??

No, just the wife.

Ok, gotcha.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1922 on: May 17, 2023, 07:47:09 PM »
21 years ago my neighbors adopted a baby girl named Rachel from China. 10 years later her father, my friend, committed suicide and that crushed me. Yesterday her Mother drank herself to death while Rachel graduated from college. I'm completely devastated.

Wow, that's fucked.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: May 17, 2023, 07:48:35 PM »
WTF?? Both of them??

No, just the wife.

The wife never made it to her graduation. Rachel is inconsolable.

I was responding to Tim about my high school friend’s wife having cancer for the 3rd time.

I’m sorry to hear of the situation with Rachel - that sounds absolutely horrific.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1924 on: May 17, 2023, 07:53:07 PM »
WTF?? Both of them??

No, just the wife.

The wife never made it to her graduation. Rachel is inconsolable.

I was responding to Tim about my high school friend’s wife having cancer for the 3rd time.

I’m sorry to hear of the situation with Rachel - that sounds absolutely horrific.

Thank you! I'm very sorry to hear about your friends wife. That's AWFUL.