Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 123996 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1855 on: May 11, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
Don't worry.  My blood clots were from surgery after I had my spleen removed.  It was infected by Lymphoma.  Does that make you feel better? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1856 on: May 11, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »
Don't worry.  My blood clots were from surgery after I had my spleen removed.  It was infected by Lymphoma.  Does that make you feel better? :lol

Well that's awful! I actually feel like a douche now. I'm sorry to hear you went though that Gizz!  :heart

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1857 on: May 11, 2023, 01:18:54 PM »
I had irrational anger today at rice... fucking rice. It just kept flying everywhere which I tried to reheat and eat it. I think I need a nap.

This is hands down the best post ever.   :lol

I'm using this for my signature, I love it and now I'm headed to the grocery store to take my frustrations out in the rice isle.  :lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:28:51 PM by Glasser »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1858 on: May 11, 2023, 01:21:05 PM »

Well that's awful! I actually feel like a douche now. I'm sorry to hear you went though that Gizz!  :heart

No! I feel great.  Just sucks I have to take pills the rest of my life for it but at least I'm here to mock myself about it!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1859 on: May 11, 2023, 01:23:18 PM »
I leave the office at 4:00 to beat the hellish 40 miles of traffic home. My boss' boss just put a 60 minute on our calendar for 4:00. I hate meeting at that time as it is, but scheduling one with only 40 minutes warning really grinds my gears. I had dinner plans tonight that are now all fucked up. Had he put this on the calendar this morning instead of 3 minutes ago, I could have had time to rearrange my afternoon.   

Worse yet, it's just a team "pulse check". Nothing urgent. No fire alarms going off. Just a meeting that we need to have so we can all flex a bit and so he can check off a box on an arbitrary development plan for the team.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:29:25 PM by Chino »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1860 on: May 11, 2023, 01:25:38 PM »
It was infected by Lymphoma.  Does that make you feel better? :lol

YES!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1861 on: May 11, 2023, 01:33:03 PM »

YES!

I love you.  Hey!  Went to a vegan restaurant with Nick, Lisa and Ross from Haken.  Food was excellent!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: May 11, 2023, 01:33:32 PM »
I leave the office at 4:00 to beat the hellish 40 miles of traffic home. My boss' boss just put a 60 minute on our calendar for 4:00. I hate meeting at that time as it is, but scheduling one with only 40 minutes warning really grinds my gears. I had dinner plans tonight that are now all fucked up. Had he put this on the calendar this morning instead of 3 minutes ago, I could have had time to rearrange my afternoon.   

Worse yet, it's just a team "pulse check". Nothing urgent. No fire alarms going off. Just a meeting that we need to have so we can all flex a bit and so he can check off a box on an arbitrary development plan for the team.

I know it's your boss, but you can't just say "sorry, this is a bit last minute and I can't make the meeting because of previous plans?"  I know everyone's situation is different, but if work gets in the way of my life, I have no issue saying "sorry, this doesnt work for me" these days. 

Online Adami

« Reply #1863 on: May 11, 2023, 01:34:23 PM »

YES!

I love you.  Hey!  Went to a vegan restaurant with Nick, Lisa and Ross from Haken.  Food was excellent!

Guess my invite was lost in the mail.  :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1864 on: May 11, 2023, 01:34:57 PM »

That sucks.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: May 11, 2023, 01:36:02 PM »

YES!

He's in New York today, reach out!  I bet you can still get tickets!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1866 on: May 11, 2023, 01:37:51 PM »

YES!

He's in New York today, reach out!  I bet you can still get tickets!

I didn't get a ticket yet either, I'll be there (the Haken concert, not a vegan restaurant - nothing against it, just wasn't part of my plans tonight)

Online Adami

« Reply #1867 on: May 11, 2023, 01:38:12 PM »
I don't want to see Haken, I want to eat terrible vegan food with Kingly and Queenly and maybe Nick!

THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE THREAD NOW
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1868 on: May 11, 2023, 01:39:44 PM »
I don't want to see Haken, I want to eat terrible vegan food with Kingly and Queenly and maybe Nick!

THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE THREAD NOW

I was pissed off that you were not there.  Now this fits the tread.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1869 on: May 11, 2023, 01:46:05 PM »
Woke up with a head full of snot and what is apparently a pulled muscle in my back.  I was fine when I went to bed last night.

#OldManProblems
UPDATE:

The amount of snot that I have expelled today is truly remarkable.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #1870 on: May 11, 2023, 01:46:40 PM »
Woke up with a head full of snot and what is apparently a pulled muscle in my back.  I was fine when I went to bed last night.

#OldManProblems
UPDATE:

I spent over a week expelling what I can only assume is my weight in snot. It was terrible.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1871 on: May 11, 2023, 02:09:20 PM »

I know it's your boss, but you can't just say "sorry, this is a bit last minute and I can't make the meeting because of previous plans?"  I know everyone's situation is different, but if work gets in the way of my life, I have no issue saying "sorry, this doesnt work for me" these days.

This is where my job RULES.  I can usually claim "another call" since I usually have anywhere from 2 to 4 issues burning at any given time and can call someone to move those along (thereby taking less than the allotted 60 minutes) or I can take the call from the car, and kill two birds with one stone. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1872 on: May 11, 2023, 02:09:45 PM »

#OldManProblems
UPDATE:

And it never ends, even when you think you got it all... BAMM!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1873 on: May 11, 2023, 03:02:52 PM »

Nah mate, this is the situation where you go 'sorry I have prearranged plans or an appointment I can't reschedule'.  Don't put up with that shit.  That's not on.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: May 11, 2023, 03:05:44 PM »

This is where my job RULES.  I can usually claim "another call" since I usually have anywhere from 2 to 4 issues burning at any given time and can call someone to move those along (thereby taking less than the allotted 60 minutes) or I can take the call from the car, and kill two birds with one stone.

Yeah, my job has it's moments.  If something critical breaks and I had plans, sorry, my plans are scrapped and it comes with my job, but that's rare.  For meetings or just basic day to day work, sorry, it's not more important than my life outside of work and I have no issue making that known these days.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1875 on: May 11, 2023, 03:15:44 PM »
CNN

Great job not doing any sort of pauses without a fact checker last night
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: May 11, 2023, 04:28:38 PM »

Yeah, my job has it's moments.  If something critical breaks and I had plans, sorry, my plans are scrapped and it comes with my job, but that's rare.  For meetings or just basic day to day work, sorry, it's not more important than my life outside of work and I have no issue making that known these days.

Pretty much same deal.  If a pump breaks or a staff member falls ill I'll always stay back but if the boss wants to schedule a bullshit non important meeting last minute at the end of the day, nah champ, not today.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1877 on: May 11, 2023, 04:40:08 PM »
My idiot boss who has been targeting me was at it again yesterday afternoon.  One of his precious ring ins who is working with us now fucked up and I called her out on it when she arrogantly tried to just belittle me over email.  I politely told her the lack of communication was not good enough and affected my operations.  Got her back up apparently and now funnily enough he rang me a couple hours later that he had a HR issue come to light from a couple of months ago and he needs to sit with me for a statement.

I declined as I know it's a tactic to bait me and I don't trust him.  I know what he is referring to, me and a guy from IT had a slight disagreement a while back over something.  We nutted it out though but he was a little bitch about it and did mention it to his boss which was brought up in a meeting between my bosses a few weeks later.  Nothing came of it officially and I've worked with the guy numerous times since with no issues.  But now all of a sudden it's a serious HR issue and he needs a statement.  I told no I'll email him a statement.

He mentioned on the phone 'an incident in March.'  Whet I went back and looked for an email as I remember the exact email it was over, it was actually first week in Feb so I'm asking him to clarify the date from his end as I'm calling bullshit and he's just once again trying to bring up dirt from wherever he can cause I upset one of his henchmen.  Still waiting for a reply on the date.  See what today brings but my next step is to say to him, 'no, with everything over the last year, I'll send my statement directly to HR.  If there is a grievance, I'm happy to go through the process as I took responsibility for my part but if it's a HR issue, I'll deal directly with them.'  I'm calling his bluff.  Cunt not going to try and manipulate and bully anymore.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1878 on: May 11, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »
Jesus man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1879 on: May 11, 2023, 04:47:03 PM »
Jesus man.

:lol  Pretty much.  Meh, I didn't lose any sleep.  I know I get to him more than he gets to me these days but I don't care on his status, I'm not still alive to take shit from a cunt.  People sometimes fuck up at their jobs and they need to be told.  I wasn't even harsh to her and he was tagged into the emails so he could see the conversation, yet her arrogance and incompetence obviously is not a problem.  If they are too fucking soft to take it and go and cry to their friend/boss, fuck off.  But don't try and manipulate and get one back at me.  You've been fucking trying mate for over 12 months, you won't win.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1880 on: May 11, 2023, 05:00:17 PM »
I hate assholes in positions like myself. He's slimy and it will bite him in the back someday.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: May 11, 2023, 05:02:16 PM »
I hate assholes in positions like myself. He's slimy and it will bite him in the back someday.

Yes it will mate, patience.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1882 on: May 11, 2023, 05:29:25 PM »
My idiot boss who has been targeting me was at it again yesterday afternoon.  One of his precious ring ins who is working with us now fucked up and I called her out on it when she arrogantly tried to just belittle me over email.  I politely told her the lack of communication was not good enough and affected my operations.  Got her back up apparently and now funnily enough he rang me a couple hours later that he had a HR issue come to light from a couple of months ago and he needs to sit with me for a statement.

I declined as I know it's a tactic to bait me and I don't trust him.  I know what he is referring to, me and a guy from IT had a slight disagreement a while back over something.  We nutted it out though but he was a little bitch about it and did mention it to his boss which was brought up in a meeting between my bosses a few weeks later.  Nothing came of it officially and I've worked with the guy numerous times since with no issues.  But now all of a sudden it's a serious HR issue and he needs a statement.  I told no I'll email him a statement.

He mentioned on the phone 'an incident in March.'  Whet I went back and looked for an email as I remember the exact email it was over, it was actually first week in Feb so I'm asking him to clarify the date from his end as I'm calling bullshit and he's just once again trying to bring up dirt from wherever he can cause I upset one of his henchmen.  Still waiting for a reply on the date.  See what today brings but my next step is to say to him, 'no, with everything over the last year, I'll send my statement directly to HR.  If there is a grievance, I'm happy to go through the process as I took responsibility for my part but if it's a HR issue, I'll deal directly with them.'  I'm calling his bluff.  Cunt not going to try and manipulate and bully anymore.

Be careful, but know that at least in the States, "retaliation" is a pretty big thing, and bringing up something minor from MONTHS ago days after you called out his teacher's pet just does not look good in that light. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1883 on: May 11, 2023, 09:43:24 PM »

Be careful, but know that at least in the States, "retaliation" is a pretty big thing, and bringing up something minor from MONTHS ago days after you called out his teacher's pet just does not look good in that light.

I didn't know that was actually a thing but yeah, seems pretty obvious the case here.

He gave me a response about me asking for the date this morning saying;

'That could be the incorrect month as I was not aware of the event at the time.  I think it's best you just send me your recollection and details.'

Umm.....if you are facilitating an investigation.....you know the date.  Nice try pal.  Responded asking that question and said I'll contact and forward a statement to HR if they require it.

I've forwarded that to HR. 

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1884 on: May 13, 2023, 03:46:52 PM »
Salmonella poisoning.

You hear about contaminations and outbreaks but if you haven't had it or seen it first-hand then you don't think much about it but I'm telling you that it's one of those "worst enemy" things and you will wish you were dead many times during the cycle.

After pooping 3x an hour for 4 days (I wish I were exaggerating) you know what’s left to come out?  Nothing… it’s just your soul leaving your body in disgusting acidic-liquid explosions.
At some point wetting the toilet paper stops working so it’s right into the tub for a power wash.  After the 4 days it gradually slows down.

It's been 10 days and I think I'm finally nearing the end but I'm very weak from barely eating and I've lost 15lbs.  As bad as the pooping was I think the cramps that preceded it were the worst part.

—-

I was baking frozen chicken tenders. Preheat beeped that oven was ready. Set the timer and all is good.

At some point the heating element broke but not after crisping the batter enough for me to think it was fine.

Timer goes off and everything and a few bites of the thin part of the tender was ok and then I hit the raw part. I barely had any but that was enough.

There’s no medications to recover faster, only to help with cramps and poop, so just have to ride it out.

Public health called me to figure out the cause and see if there’s any reason to be concerned about widespread contamination but it’s just the broken oven. 

—-

PS - Extra-special thanks to all of our amazing nurses for having to deal with shit like this on a regular basis.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1885 on: May 13, 2023, 04:32:58 PM »
That's awful man! Salmonella poisoning feels like a flu with a stomach virus.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1886 on: May 13, 2023, 07:33:08 PM »
I had that years ago from chicken from a fast food joint.  It's as bad as you make it out for sure.  I'm guilty of over cooking chicken to this day in fear of ever going through it again.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1887 on: May 15, 2023, 07:24:11 AM »
Oh man, that's terrible.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1888 on: May 15, 2023, 08:26:17 AM »
That sounds rough

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1889 on: May 15, 2023, 01:58:47 PM »
That sounds utterly miserable. 

I guess it's one of those things where you never have to 'wonder' (after the fact) if you under-cooked your chicken.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion