Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124051 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1785 on: April 15, 2023, 08:06:51 AM »
Wut?

Ha! Just messing with you. Its like Netflix and Apple TV.  :)

What's Apple TV?

Ted Kaczynski, stop asking silly questions.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1786 on: April 15, 2023, 09:11:05 AM »
Wut?

What's Apple TV?

A 24 hour all Beatles network   ;)

I'd sign up for that!   :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1787 on: April 15, 2023, 09:14:31 AM »
Wut?

What's Apple TV?

A 24 hour all Beatles network   ;)

Wouldn’t that be Abbey TV?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1788 on: April 20, 2023, 09:20:56 PM »
Today morning all of Florida received a Test Emergency alert at 4:45am, a test meant to send signals out to TVs only but instead got routed to all phones instead.

My phone was on silent so I didn't hear it plus I was in a deep sleep. My wife however was rudely awoken and grumpy all morning and generally pissed off.

Our governor not being a fan of any type of wokeness especiallly one at 4:45am is ordering a full investigation.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/why-did-floridians-wake-up-to-an-early-morning-emergency-alert/

This meme about sums it up  ;D

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1789 on: April 20, 2023, 10:26:10 PM »
Our governor not being a fan of any type of wokeness especiallly one at 4:45am is ordering a full investigation.

:clap:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1790 on: April 21, 2023, 08:33:03 AM »

:clap:

:lol

My brother was telling me about this.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1791 on: April 21, 2023, 04:20:37 PM »
Cars, man. On Monday I had the pleasure of my Check Engine light come on which is the first time it's happened in this car but not bad for owning it for 5+ years and it being up to 91K miles (bought it used at 30K). I call my guy and he said he doesn't do diagnostic work so I take it to the dealership. Next day they called and the "good" news is the Check Engine light wasn't on. The bad news? Lots of maintenance piled on at once so I got $1,650 of work done. I pick it up, everything looks good, and I head on back.

So today I'm driving and suddenly the Check Engine light comes on again. This time I bring it to AutoZone to get a basic code check with printout and now I have to go back to the dealership on Monday and drop who knows how much more money. I understand the dealership can't check codes if the Check Engine light isn't on but damn I'm a bit frustrated since there's seemingly more shit wrong with it. On the phone I joked that my car having no light when they looked at it like bringing my grandfather with dementia to the doctor but they're telling the doctor everything is fine  :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1792 on: April 21, 2023, 04:26:31 PM »
I recently had a similar incident with my 2017 Hyundai Sonata hybrid.  I have less than 40K miles on it and just had the big 30K service completed about 6 months ago.

Turns out the gas cap was loose.  Thankfully I was able to discern this before having to take it in.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1793 on: April 21, 2023, 04:41:01 PM »
I tripled checked that once I saw that was a common cause of Check Engine lights. The scan at AutoZone came back as the O2 sensor which is also common but could cost another $200-500.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1794 on: April 21, 2023, 04:45:46 PM »
I understand the dealership can't check codes if the Check Engine light isn't on
Sure they can. If that's just their policy tell them to fuck off.

Also, didn't the AZ guy give you the codes?

And it's a little late now, but never trust a dealership to tell you what's wrong with your car. If it's not brand new they want to replace everything to make it brand new. I one had a dealer advise me to sell my car because the cost of fixing everything that was wrong with it was more than the value of the car. None of them showed any signs of being bad for the subsequent ten years I drove it.

edit: O2 sensor codes often times don't actually mean O2 sensor. If it was only one sensor then it's a safe bet. If it was both sensors then the problem is elsewhere.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1795 on: April 21, 2023, 04:53:00 PM »
Apple tv and Amazon prime showing Yankee games screws my 98 year old grandmother from watching games. Honestly I hate it too but its all about the $$$.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1796 on: April 25, 2023, 08:41:47 AM »
People are so fucking lame.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1797 on: April 25, 2023, 09:00:18 AM »
People are so fucking lame.

What'd we do?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1798 on: April 25, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1799 on: April 25, 2023, 09:31:40 AM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1801 on: April 25, 2023, 01:38:10 PM »
News flash.  Lame doesn't necessarily mean injured and it doesn't necessarily mean legs either.  This is why we sometimes have to generalize.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1802 on: April 25, 2023, 06:04:26 PM »
News flash.  Lame doesn't necessarily mean injured and it doesn't necessarily mean legs either.  This is why we sometimes have to generalize.

I have never heard the word 'lame' used for either of those meanings.

But yes, people are fucking lame.  That's being very kind too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1803 on: April 25, 2023, 08:05:57 PM »
The Yankees.  >:( :censored

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1804 on: May 02, 2023, 06:35:47 PM »
TV stations now forcing you to see previews of other shows even when you DVR the show. The breaks in the recordings is to fast forward through the commercials.  Now it breaks so it forces you to see the previews.

I bought the DVR to see no commercials.   This may be a Comcast issue in cahoots with stations.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1805 on: May 02, 2023, 06:44:16 PM »
I'll probably get shot down, but what's a DVR?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1806 on: May 02, 2023, 06:46:32 PM »
Something that people who don't know how to just download movies and TV shows use to watch stuff on their own schedule.  :biggrin:
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1807 on: May 02, 2023, 06:46:39 PM »
Digital Video Controller.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1808 on: May 02, 2023, 06:47:37 PM »
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1809 on: May 02, 2023, 07:07:55 PM »
Something that people who don't know how to just download movies and TV shows use to watch stuff on their own schedule.  :biggrin:

I assumed Digital Video Recorder but just unsure how it works.  We just have the box which has cable TV plus Netflix, Stan etc. but for cable TV you can just set record anytime or go back and watch things anytime.  I'm guessing a DVR is a different entity again?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1810 on: May 02, 2023, 07:13:55 PM »

I assumed Digital Video Recorder but just unsure how it works.  We just have the box which has cable TV plus Netflix, Stan etc. but for cable TV you can just set record anytime or go back and watch things anytime.  I'm guessing a DVR is a different entity again?
Nah, that's pretty much it. Apparently in the Kingdom the box prevents you from skipping commercials now.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1811 on: May 02, 2023, 07:16:39 PM »

Nah, that's pretty much it. Apparently in the Kingdom the box prevents you from skipping commercials now.

Oh yeah, ours won't do that, but I'll just fast forward the ads, no biggie.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1812 on: May 02, 2023, 07:59:26 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1813 on: May 02, 2023, 08:01:53 PM »
It skips the regular commercials but stops at the stations previews.  It didn't do that before. 

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1814 on: May 03, 2023, 08:58:04 AM »
Wait... people still have cable?

:P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1815 on: May 03, 2023, 09:16:39 AM »

Yes, for those who want all local sporting events.  Until they work that out I won't give up cable.  I still stream too. 

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1816 on: May 03, 2023, 01:22:24 PM »

Yes, for those who want all local sporting events.  Until they work that out I won't give up cable.  I still stream too. 
Good point. My wife and I were just talking about that last night how we miss having local sports. $100+ a month just to watch a couple baseball games a week just isn't worth it for us.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1817 on: May 03, 2023, 01:40:24 PM »
Completely get that.  For us up here in N.E.  We have 4 sports that do well so it's 24/7 all 4 seasons.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1818 on: May 03, 2023, 03:13:25 PM »
Completely get that.  For us up here in N.E.  We have 4 sports that do well so it's 24/7 all 4 seasons.

This is it. The only TV I watch is sports.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1819 on: May 03, 2023, 04:17:25 PM »

This is it. The only TV I watch is sports.

Same.  Everything else these days is just fucking shit.