Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 122867 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
It's important, especially for your son, that your extended family support his endeavors.

I'm glad you have it worked out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »
While it should be able to get resolved with a mature conversation, I see both sides of the coin.  If you have kids and you have stuff going on, that comes first of course, but it can be a bit oft-putting to others at times.  Case in point: in 2009, my grandma turned 100 and a big shindig was thrown for her.  There are 20 grandkids on that side of the family (I was the 17th born) and 19 of us were there.  One cousin, who rarely came to family events and has since passed, even came, but there was one cousin who didn't come because one of his kids had a soccer game, and I was like WTF?  This is Grandma's 100th and you are missing it because of a freaking soccer game??  There are some cool pics from the event as well, and it always looks a little strange to see that one pic of Grandma with 19 of her grandkids (with 1 missing).

I get it...totally. Something like a 100th B-Day party I'd miss a game for sure. But when my wife and I mention (3) different days/options as to when we could reschedule without it affecting anything and the big push back is 'we always do it on this day'.....I start to get a bit peeved.

Since that post earlier it's been decided that we are going to get together 'early' on the 20th. Which is fine and dandy and all, but my one sons 4:10 game is 1 hour and 20 minutes away from my grandfathers (Kev...you'll know this...my grandpa lives in St. Clair and the game is at the Mills in Hazelwood) So....in order to get my son to his game on time (on time being the hour before according to team rules) I will have to leave at 2:00 that day. That's still gonna tick off some folks.

Anyway.....yipee!!!

Gary, just asking, and totally not taking sides. I find this line of posts actually really interesting.

What would be the harm in your son skipping the game? Are you trying to instill that his team is depending on him, and that if commits to something he stick to it?

Is it possible for your wife to take him, and you stay behind with your other sons at the get together?

No problem with the questions Tim. As far as skipping.....aside from it costing $900 a kid to play roughly 25-30 games (depending on tournament games played) which makes every game pretty ‘valuable’.....it is also the commitment to his team. It’s not really an option to skip as far as I’m concerned.

We’ve basically worked it out to where I’m just gonna leave early with him. The others will stay behind and we will meet up later.

Just my opinion here, but....

I do not share you putting sports above family.  I am in a similar position as you except it is my two girls playing travel softball.  Very expensive and tons of time commitments.
I firmly instill the sense of commitment to the team in my girls, and that it is a responsibility to be taken seriously.

That being said......my girls, and likely your boys, are NOT professional athletes.  This is Rec/Travel sports for KIDS.  And they play so many games during the year, I make sure we put the once a year gatherings on a higher priority.  Unless this is a championship game, the once a year Family holiday takes priority.
The kids will never remember some regular season game they missed, but they (and you) will remember the Family gatherings....and god forbid you start losing the opportunities with some Family as they pass away.

Now I am also in your position where I have some Family that are, lets say, difficult.  Regardless, it is still family.  What is really so important about the game that you would miss this gathering?  Commitment to Family is just as, if not more important that to a team that really has little importance in the grand scheme of things.

Now if you are going to Hockey as an excuse because you cant stand your Family, then carry on!  LOL JK

Again, JMO.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2019, 08:28:22 PM »
I see that, and was going to write something about that, but couldn't figure out how to word it.

In the given case (Gary's, though I think I'm going to generalize from here), how many more holiday get togethers will the Grandparents have?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »
My brother paid $1500 for my 6 year old nephew to play hockey.  A year later most of the team goes to smother another league and they ask only $500 for loyalty.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »
My brother paid $1500 for my 6 year old nephew to play hockey.  A year later most of the team goes to smother another league and they ask only $500 for loyalty.

Kids Travel leagues (not local rec) of all sports are businesses.  Capitalism  :metal
And your kid can be a commodity.

My kids softball leagues usually run with the seasons (Fall Ball, Winter, etc), and sometimes we need to move to another team for many reasons.  Coaching changes, schedules, talent levels.  I ALWAYS negotiate my payments down due to the talent level of my kids.  I never pay retail LOL.   :biggrin:
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »
I hear what you guy are sayings.  I think it was last year on Father's Day when we had to wait till late in the day to get the family together because my nephew had a baseball game in a tournament at like 4 pm, a game in which he barely played (he is a pitcher and only plays in the field a little in the game in which he doesn't pitch) and they lost like 12-2. 

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2019, 06:46:04 AM »
I hear what you guys are saying about not missing out on family moments for some 'game' that doesn't carry the importance. Totally get it. I value time with family as much as the next person. With as much time as we spend with our extended family on both sides I don't think the solution we came up with is going to sacrifice anything of that magnitude.

But this was/is not about family time. The solution I initially offered would have actually given us more time together. This is about the way (4) grown adults acted when I approached them about needing to switch days for us meeting. Instead of talking options out like normal people my family decided to stick to what they always do and over react like I'd just pi$$ed in their Cheerio's.

Ultimately we will have our day/time together and it'll be 'fine'. My rant was/is about how in lieu of simply 'talking' about options I had to deal with a bunch of childish crap.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »
Ultimately we will have our day/time together and it'll be 'fine'. My rant was/is about how in lieu of simply 'talking' about options I had to deal with a bunch of childish crap.

Yeah, it's too bad when people get so unreasonable for the sake of it.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:48 AM »
I get it gmillerdrake.  In the end family needs to be a two way street with some compromise.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2019, 07:26:35 AM »
What makes me angry today isn't nearly as important as what has been discussed, but I'll through it out anyway.

I had the stomache flu the first half of this week and I'm still somewhat recovering.  But what made me angry is that yesterday I ordered a 16 in. sandwhich from Jimmy Johns that I was really looking forward to eating, but because I have been sick it just didn't taste good at all.  It was a gigantic let down.

It's not Jimmy Johns fault, my taste buds were still messed up from being sick.  I'm hoping today will be a little better and I can enjoy my food.

Very surface level stuff, but there you go :)
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:50 AM »
Nothing like treating the stomach flu with a 16 incher from Jimmy Johns. :lol

Who's your doctor, Dr. Kingshmegland?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2019, 07:54:02 AM »
Damn, that first big meal after getting over the stomach flu is usually sooooo good. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »

Who's your doctor, Dr. Kingshmegland?

I would have prescribed Bourbon.  You should know better.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2019, 08:08:17 AM »

Phrasing.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
Jimmy John Holmes?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »
Extra mayo!

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »
Bronchitis that I’ve currently got going on.

Got a cold two weeks ago, started feeling better by the end of that week. Then I got this cough that won’t go away, I got mucus coming up every cough, I wake up at 3AM in a coughing fit and can’t fall back asleep. Last Saturday night, do the VirtuWell clinic online and get prescribed some strong cough suppressants, pick them up Sunday and start taking them. These things work wonders, I can finally sleep again. They don’t completely stop the cough, but enough to the point where it’s manageable. The past two days though the cough has been intensifying and especially at night before by next dose of pills I have violent coughing fits. I just want this to end. Bronchitis can take three weeks or so to completely go away.

On top of that, I’ve been coughing so much that my lower back hurts. I have two bulged discs in my lower back that I manage the pain with daily stretching. But I’ve been coughing so hard and so much recently that I reaggravated my sciatica so now get the shooting leg pains when I cough sometimes. I’m falling apart  :lol

On the bright side, through this cold and such I’ve really found a taste for Lemon and Ginger tea with lemon juice and honey. I have about 4 cups everyday
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »
Ugh, bronchitis sucks. I had a dose of it a few months ago (which forced me to miss Morsefest :( ). 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2019, 10:23:04 AM »
Speaking of infectious diseases....anyone noticing that medical clinics and doctor's offices are having patients sign disclaimers about 24 hour cancelling policies?  I mean - I can see both sides.  Medical providers are busy and people not showing up for scheduled appointments is a problem.  But my PT office literally said that if a Monday appointment isn't cancelled by Friday afternoon prior, the patient is billed.  What if I get the flu on Saturday?  They just want me to keep my appointment and infect their staff and other patients?  WTF??
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2019, 10:24:42 AM »
Speaking of infectious diseases....anyone noticing that medical clinics and doctor's offices are having patients sign disclaimers about 24 hour cancelling policies?  I mean - I can see both sides.  Medical providers are busy and people not showing up for scheduled appointments is a problem.  But my PT office literally said that if a Monday appointment isn't cancelled by Friday afternoon prior, the patient is billed.  What if I get the flu on Saturday?  They just want me to keep my appointment and infect their staff and other patients?  WTF??

Too bad you couldn't make them sign a disclaimer when you check in that if you have to sit in the waiting room for 30 minutes after your appointment is supposed to start, it should be 50% off the price.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:48 AM »

Too bad you couldn't make them sign a disclaimer when you check in that if you have to sit in the waiting room for 30 minutes after your appointment is supposed to start, it should be 50% off the price.

LoL, I hear you.  But I also realize that it is less likely the provider's fault they are running late, and more likely it is because some ding dong patient earlier in the schedule was late and put everyone else behind.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2019, 12:28:55 PM »
It's all about the delicate genius...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECmtCdUtEMI

Offline Harmony

« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
LoL - good one!

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »
Damn, that first big meal after getting over the stomach flu is usually sooooo good.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping and expecting.  And a complete waste of $20.

Got a cold two weeks ago, started feeling better by the end of that week. Then I got this cough that won’t go away, I got mucus coming up every cough, I wake up at 3AM in a coughing fit and can’t fall back asleep. Last Saturday night, do the VirtuWell clinic online and get prescribed some strong cough suppressants, pick them up Sunday and start taking them. These things work wonders, I can finally sleep again. They don’t completely stop the cough, but enough to the point where it’s manageable. The past two days though the cough has been intensifying and especially at night before by next dose of pills I have violent coughing fits. I just want this to end. Bronchitis can take three weeks or so to completely go away.

On top of that, I’ve been coughing so much that my lower back hurts. I have two bulged discs in my lower back that I manage the pain with daily stretching. But I’ve been coughing so hard and so much recently that I reaggravated my sciatica so now get the shooting leg pains when I cough sometimes. I’m falling apart  :lol

On the bright side, through this cold and such I’ve really found a taste for Lemon and Ginger tea with lemon juice and honey. I have about 4 cups everyday

Oh man, that sounds horrible!  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I hope you get feeling better soon.  That bronchitis is THE WORST!  And definately worth being angry about :)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2019, 04:01:34 PM »

Went to the doctor this morning after waking up two consecutive mornings with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Yesterday when I woke up, I just threw the sheets off me and punched the pillow, I'm done with this shit. The bronchitis has now morphed into a sinus infection. So now I've got antibiotics and prescription cough suppressants. This month has sucked health wise. When I was in the waiting room, another woman was checking in and she said that she had bronchitis for 15 days and wanted to see a doctor. I asked the nurse if a lot of people have been coming in with bronchitis and she said they have and that the strain going around has been particularly awful. Felt better after hearing that
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2019, 06:03:46 PM »
Well, at least you showed that pillow what's for.  That's the important thing :lol.  Seriously though, I hope you get well soon.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2019, 03:05:16 AM »
Fucking casual asshole staff dropping shifts left right and centre.  Especially when they contact you half an hour after a roster has been sent out and say 'something has come up.'  You know what's come up actually? You're fucking sorry pathetic ass out the fucking door.  I'm firing people for fun at the moment.  They are worse than cattle going through a slaughterhouse.  Young people today need a fucking harsh reality check.  I'm glad I'll be dead in 60 years when the dumb cunt next generation takes over and breeds more fucking dipshits and eventually we implode and wipe ourselves out by our own fucking hands.  Seasonal work with a 95% casual  staff roster is brutal.  No wonder the hairs are falling out of my head by the hour.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2019, 03:06:07 AM »
Sorry about that, I had a bad day, not that you couldn't tell.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2019, 04:46:49 AM »
:lol

I live for three things: roulettes, Orbert band updates and regular Kade rants about his job (and occasionally about Geoff Tate)

Not sure if that helps, but I'm expected to be at work tomorrow (Saturday) at 7 A.M. :lol Hopefully you have your weekend off, man.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2019, 05:46:33 AM »
 :rollin  :metal

At least I can bring pleasure here.  Makes it all worthwhile.  :tup

Working tomorrow morning but should be able to knock off by lunch.  Hope you don't have to work too hard tomorrow Ruslan.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2019, 06:15:59 AM »
Both 'kings' around here have the same beefs over temporary workers.  It's (not) good to be the King?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2019, 06:36:34 AM »
Jeez, I totally forgot about my other rant 2 months ago.  Another impulsive one and I'll have to force myself to get a new job.  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »
Jeez, I totally forgot about my other rant 2 months ago.

We didn't! :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2019, 07:20:43 AM »
Seasonal work with a 95% casual  staff roster is brutal.  No wonder the hairs are falling out of my head by the hour.

Well that right there explains it. You couldn't pay me enough to do your job.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"