Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 129747 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1715 on: April 11, 2023, 06:21:21 PM »
Well I personally like to joke with words, only because I find the concept of language very fascinating. One way I joke is intentionally pronouncing the name incorrectly. I do this with both English and Spanish.

Honestly, I would have probably done the same exact thing. And I actually did pronounce it as "Can-Ban" at first. But, I would be doing it as a joke, more so than not knowing how to say it right. Just because I can and I find it fun to have fun with the concept of language.

I find it even more hilarious that no one has bothered to ask her why she pronounces it that way.

Language is very interesting in regards to pronunciation, that English speakers do not pronounce Foreign Languages exactly correct, and vice versa. Due to these enunciations, stresses, muscle memory formed through how one speaks, and accents it can be difficult for someone to pronounce a word correctly in a language that isn't their main language.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1716 on: April 12, 2023, 06:28:20 AM »
This trend of people wanting to bring their dogs everywhere is so annoying. I love dogs, but leaving the f'ing things home.

Shit like this should infuriate anyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo3PRtv69UI

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1717 on: April 12, 2023, 06:33:02 AM »
This trend of people wanting to bring their dogs everywhere is so annoying. I love dogs, but leaving the f'ing things home.

Yup, fuck that! I completely agree. Since when is it ok to bring your dog to the fucking grocery store and put them in the carriage. People put their food and small children in there.

If you have a service or comfort dog, it should have a fucking orange vest and a license displayed in a clear pocket on the vest.

Also, dogs do not belong in the front seat of a car. People driving with their dogs on their laps? WTF??

Kev, I'm with you 100%. Leave the fucking dog at home!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1718 on: April 12, 2023, 08:15:36 AM »
I'm fine with it as long as they don't leave the fucking dog in the fucking cart when they put it in the fucking coral.  :lol :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline emtee

« Reply #1719 on: April 12, 2023, 10:02:53 AM »
It's expanded far beyond just dogs, at least here in FL. You're bound to see any type of companion creature including a 3' lizard of some kind perched on a man's shoulder. And it wasn't a pet food store where you are more apt to see these kinds of things. It was a grocery store.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1720 on: April 12, 2023, 10:05:16 AM »
It's expanded far beyond just dogs, at least here in FL. You're bound to see any type of companion creature including a 3' lizard of some kind perched on a man's shoulder. And it wasn't a pet food store where you are more apt to see these kinds of things. It was a grocery store.

If it's a health and safety issue, shouldn't the stores do something about it?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline emtee

« Reply #1721 on: April 12, 2023, 10:09:34 AM »
I think this country is so tangled in knots about the fear of offending folks that pretty much anything goes.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1722 on: April 12, 2023, 10:14:11 AM »
So, I was in an airport right before COVID and a woman came in the bar I was at with her "Emotional Support" dog.   She wanted her dog to sit with her while she ate and when the bartender asked for her papers, you'd think she was asked to consent to a rectal exam right there. She ended up walking out (without paying for her food).  Only one example, but still...

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1723 on: April 12, 2023, 10:16:22 AM »
So, I was in an airport right before COVID and a woman came in the bar I was at with her "Emotional Support" dog.   She wanted her dog to sit with her while she ate and when the bartender asked for her papers, you'd think she was asked to consent to a rectal exam right there. She ended up walking out (without paying for her food).  Only one example, but still...

Oddly, the "papers" aren't hard to get. Most therapists will write a letter.

I had a client back in the day who told me she forged paperwork to have her pet considered a service animal. Insane.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1724 on: April 12, 2023, 10:17:47 AM »

I had a client back in the day who told me she forged paperwork to have her pet considered a service animal. Insane.

But even with papers, you still shouldn't be able to just bring a dog anywhere.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #1725 on: April 12, 2023, 10:19:07 AM »

But even with papers, you still shouldn't be able to just bring a dog anywhere.

Yea. I'm not sure on the legalities, but as far as I know, emotional support animals can be allowed places other animals are but not just anywhere. Meanwhile service animals, as far as I know, are allowed just about anywhere.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1726 on: April 12, 2023, 10:22:04 AM »
Tim, if you have the paperwork, I believe a service or emotional animal is allowed to most establishments.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #1727 on: April 12, 2023, 10:23:52 AM »
Tim, if you have the paperwork, I believe a service or emotional animal is allowed to most establishments.

But there's a big difference between and emotional support and service animal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1728 on: April 12, 2023, 10:42:36 AM »

What is the actual difference?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1729 on: April 12, 2023, 10:44:13 AM »

In short, an emotional support animal is something someone with maybe anxiety or depression has with them to help in their treatment. A service animal is more like a seeing eye dog or something along those lines.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1730 on: April 12, 2023, 10:46:29 AM »

In short, an emotional support animal is something someone with maybe anxiety or depression has with them to help in their treatment. A service animal is more like a seeing eye dog or something along those lines.

Would companionship be a part of that?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1731 on: April 12, 2023, 10:50:59 AM »

I understand that. But I view the emotional support animal as a service animal though, maybe as a sub text, but not necessarily the other way around.

I'm supportive if someone needs an emotional support animal. And generally, I'm talking about a dog. You should not be able to bring you support alligator ANYWHERE, sorry.

I still think they should be vested with a license visible to any business owner. People are so afraid to confront people these days. The onus should be on the person with the dog.

It shouldn't be. You shouldn't be allowed to bring Fido to the store just because you like their company.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1732 on: April 12, 2023, 10:53:12 AM »

Yes, you are correct.  They are allowed in stores and restaurants and planes.   A service animal is allowed everywhere.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1733 on: April 12, 2023, 11:00:17 AM »
If a store doesn't object I don't object. Some stores want to be considered pet friendly and more power to them, AFAIC. Some don't, and that's fine with me, too. One thing I will say is that whenever I see a dog at Home Depot (which for some reason is the most likely place) they're almost always very well behaved. At least down here people have the good sense to leave dogs that don't do well around others at home. If your dog is yapping or trying to sodomize people then it's a different story, but I don't think I've ever been accosted by a dog in a store.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1734 on: April 12, 2023, 11:04:32 AM »
If a store doesn't object I don't object. Some stores want to be considered pet friendly and more power to them, AFAIC. Some don't, and that's fine with me, too. One thing I will say is that whenever I see a dog at Home Depot (which for some reason is the most likely place) they're almost always very well behaved. At least down here people have the good sense to leave dogs that don't do well around others at home. If your dog is yapping or trying to sodomize people then it's a different story, but I don't think I've ever been accosted by a dog in a store.

I think some stores are afraid to object, honestly. I don't see and hear a lot of business advertising that they're pet friendly.

The Lowes around the corner from me partners or allows Service Animal Training. I can appreciate that.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1735 on: April 12, 2023, 11:05:36 AM »

I understand that. But I view the emotional support animal as a service animal though, maybe as a sub text, but not necessarily the other way around.

I'm supportive if someone needs an emotional support animal. And generally, I'm talking about a dog. You should not be able to bring you support alligator ANYWHERE, sorry.

I still think they should be vested with a license visible to any business owner. People are so afraid to confront people these days. The onus should be on the person with the dog.

I'm on the fence about this one and I feel like an asshole a lot of the time because of it. Part me me thinks "do whatever you need to do", then the other part of me says "suck it up and make yourself uncomfortable. Life is full of discomforts." 

I got written up last weekend at my catering job because of this topic. We had a young girl call out because she popped a tire on one of our busiest highways twenty-five miles from the store. She managed to get the spare on, but she said it was wobbly and didn't feel safe driving it to work, and no garages were open on a Sunday to plug her tire.     

Another lady there, a 60 something year old bag of misery who refuses to wear her slip resistants says something along the lines of "fucking kids today. They're all weak. Can't do anything. Don't even know how to use a car jack anymore. Any excuse to not work." . I hit back with something like "You can't even get on a bus without your support pug because being in the presence of a dozen people is somehow too overwhelming for you. Maybe you should cut her some slack". She walked off for the day (Easter weekend mind you) and emailed our manager, and I was the one that got reprimanded for it.   

Back on topic, I get that people need support for various things, and I'm sure there's a study out there saying I'm wrong, but don't bring your emotional support dog everywhere. If you can't do something as simple as sitting quietly on a bus without having some kind of breakdown that can only be cured by the dog you just so happen to already have, you need some form of assistance beyond that dog. It's probably doing the person more harm than good to require such a crutch.

If the need is so strong that you truly can't function in society without the emotional support of the dog, it should be vested and registered just like any other dog that's tasked with helping someone.  You can't just go everywhere with your pet and say "It's cool. I need the emotional support"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1736 on: April 12, 2023, 11:08:24 AM »

If the need is so strong that you truly can't function in society without the emotional support of the dog, it should be vested and registered just like any other dog that's tasked with helping someone.

THIS is the crux of how I feel. If your coworker needs her pug to get on a bus, so be it. But it should be an orange vested license showing pug.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: April 12, 2023, 11:11:49 AM »
I love dogs, but there should be a clear line of what's acceptable when bringing animals into public stores. And emotional support doesn't really cut it for me. Service dogs are fine.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: April 12, 2023, 11:14:31 AM »
I have an emotional Tim to support me.  We need to make a vest for him.  I'll look into the support patch and an Iron Maiden patch for the vest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1739 on: April 12, 2023, 11:17:08 AM »
I have an emotional Tim to support me.  We need to make a vest for him.  I'll look into the support patch and an Iron Maiden patch for the vest.

Yup, and then we can go everywhere together!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1740 on: April 12, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1741 on: April 12, 2023, 12:34:35 PM »
I love dogs, but there should be a clear line of what's acceptable when bringing animals into public stores. And emotional support doesn't really cut it for me. Service dogs are fine.
Honestly, the vast majority of times I see people with dogs emotional support doesn't really figure into it. That's mostly for planes. While people here are looking at it like it's done for the benefit of the owner, plenty of people are likely doing it for the benefit of the dog. Taking him out rather than leaving him at home, and taking him in rather than leaving him in the car (which will get your window smashed nowadays). That's what I takeaway most of the time I see a person with a dog in a store. Like I say, I like dogs for the most part, and if the store doesn't object neither do I.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1742 on: April 12, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »
One thing that surprised me the most when we moved here to Raleigh is that people have their dogs everywhere.  It seemed weird at first, but now I'm accustomed to it.  It's never a problem.

I'll say that I don't normally see any non-emotional support animals inside of restaurants.  I see plenty of them in outdoor sections of restaurants.  They are always fun.  As a dog lover, I know that there are plenty of asshole dogs.  But around here anyway, people seem to leave their asshole dogs at home.  I only see good boys.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1743 on: April 12, 2023, 06:34:12 PM »
I don't go to a ton of stores but I go to Home Depot several times a week for my job, and I always see multiple people there with their dogs, either in the cart or being walked on a leash.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1744 on: April 12, 2023, 07:46:09 PM »
Emotional support dog?!  :lol  Talk about taking the piss.  I agree, don't bring the fucking dog.  I love animals more than anyone, sometimes I'll take them over humans but unless it's a guide dog for someone who is vision impaired, I don't understand it.

I don't go to a ton of stores but I go to Home Depot several times a week for my job, and I always see multiple people there with their dogs, either in the cart or being walked on a leash.

Same.  A few weeks ago I went to the hardware store and saw 3 different people with dogs in the trolley!  Fucking 3, in the space of ten minutes, WTF? 

The other side of the coin is people that take them in the car and leave them in the car?  That makes me more pissed off.  So many times in our carparks, people leave them in the car and go for a swim.  I hunt them out and kick them out of the pool, I love it.  People do it all the damn time.  It's hot as hell over here and it's just animal cruelty.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1745 on: April 13, 2023, 01:12:26 PM »
Presale codes are fucking stupid. They don't really do much, and they're a pain in the ass because everybody and their dog has to have their own. Even when a band gives you a presale code it might not work for any number of reasons. Add to that, because this is America, a hundred different places want to sell you the damn codes, so you can't even search for them easily. Seriously, fuck that shit. Just sell your damn tickets and quit making people jump through hoops.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1746 on: April 13, 2023, 02:12:13 PM »
Presale codes are fucking stupid. They don't really do much, and they're a pain in the ass because everybody and their dog has to have their own. Even when a band gives you a presale code it might not work for any number of reasons. Add to that, because this is America, a hundred different places want to sell you the damn codes, so you can't even search for them easily. Seriously, fuck that shit. Just sell your damn tickets and quit making people jump through hoops.

100% correct!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1747 on: April 13, 2023, 02:49:15 PM »

A twitter search often works for me for the standard codes that aren't user specific from fan clubs.  Not always though.  The whole ticketing process is annoying.  Having said that, I kind of expect to be able to just wait and get a solid value ticket for this show. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1748 on: April 13, 2023, 02:50:54 PM »
I am waiting until tomorrow to try the ticketing service on the Festivals website.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1749 on: April 13, 2023, 03:04:59 PM »
Too hot too soon. NY sucks right now! Spring before Summer please!!!  :censored