Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124472 times)

DragonAttack and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1470 on: January 20, 2023, 12:34:38 PM »
I was pounding on you more than Gary.  :lol :lol

But seriously... for all the times you've railed on me, lonestar, Harmony, XE and others for our "clever quips", I didn't think it unfair in this case.  Gary's my bro, he knows I'm not pounding on him with any significant measure of sincerity.

You make some valid and reasonable points, but I would argue POTUS is but one small ingredient in the bigger recipe.  It has all the impact that a pinch of salt does in a cake.  It's not like the lemon in a lemon meringue pie.

There were four smiley's for a reason.

I gathered.  We good (I hope/assume).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1471 on: January 20, 2023, 03:12:57 PM »
Gary, if it makes you feel any better, my natural gas and electric bills came to $554 this month combined, and my weed tents aren't even running!

Son of a…….. :omg:

Mine were just under $500 (CAD mind you) last month.  Just yesterday, I signed the quote to get solar panels installed in the spring.

You going to have the battery system at your house as well to be fully free and clear from an electricity provider?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1472 on: January 20, 2023, 03:18:20 PM »
Gary, if it makes you feel any better, my natural gas and electric bills came to $554 this month combined, and my weed tents aren't even running!

Mine were just under $500 (CAD mind you) last month.  Just yesterday, I signed the quote to get solar panels installed in the spring.

You going to have the battery system at your house as well to be fully free and clear from an electricity provider?

No... with the amount of sunlight available in the winter (or lacktherof), it doesn't make sense to go fully off the grid.  It's really only suited to people that are in the middle of nowhere with unreliable utility coverage.  The goal is to produce just off enough to drive our annual consumption from the utility as close to zero as possible.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1473 on: January 20, 2023, 07:39:53 PM »
Geez, my last few monthly electric bills have been $48/$41/$49 and gas has been $118/$40/$28/$25. A rate increase and the holidays account for that most recent $118 bill.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1474 on: January 23, 2023, 07:32:28 AM »

I put solar on this fall, and flipped the switch about a week and a half ago.  I have yet to get any data on how it's working, but this is the worst time for sun production for me.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: January 23, 2023, 07:37:10 AM »
We were going to do solar a few years back....signed the paper work and everything. I ended up bailing on it a day later. I kind of wish we'd just stuck it out but the only thing was we weren't buying the home battery system....we'd have just been 'selling' the excess power to the electric company. We've thought about looking into it again but at the moment we have more pressing needs.....on top of everything I've bitched about the past couple weeks our close to 9 year old builder grade windows are in dire need of being replaced....so....that's on the list now as well.  :(

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1476 on: January 23, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »
Ooof. My parents recently replaced all the windows on their 30 year old house, 18 I think. That was a doozy of a bill.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: January 23, 2023, 08:06:40 AM »
Ooof. My parents recently replaced all the windows on their 30 year old house, 18 I think. That was a doozy of a bill.

Yeah.....it became real noticeable here the past month or so with the really low temps. Cold air just a flowin' through. Like I said, their the contractor grade windows from when we built in 2014 so they weren't exactly meant to last. Been kicking this can down the road for a few years now.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1478 on: January 23, 2023, 10:17:35 AM »

5 years ago, I had 12 windows replaced in my prior house.  They were all double hung, but of very good quality.  The total cost was $8,000 to $9,000.

This past fall, I had 17 windows replaced in my new house with the same company (Feldco).  3 were sliders, and one was an awning window - the other 13 were double hungs.  The total cost was over $17,000. 

I get inflation, but nearly double the cost for an extra five windows (granted, one was a specialty (awning) window, and some were larger sizes) - it seemed like it was way too much money.  But we like the window manufacturer and the old, original windows in this house were in awful shape.  Still makes my stomach turn when I think about the cost though.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: January 23, 2023, 10:59:38 AM »

5 years ago, I had 12 windows replaced in my prior house.  They were all double hung, but of very good quality.  The total cost was $8,000 to $9,000.

This past fall, I had 17 windows replaced in my new house with the same company (Feldco).  3 were sliders, and one was an awning window - the other 13 were double hungs.  The total cost was over $17,000. 

I get inflation, but nearly double the cost for an extra five windows (granted, one was a specialty (awning) window, and some were larger sizes) - it seemed like it was way too much money.  But we like the window manufacturer and the old, original windows in this house were in awful shape.  Still makes my stomach turn when I think about the cost though.

:omg:

Welp.....looks like this window ordeal will be kicked down the road a little further. Not going to cough up this type of cash right now. I hadn't/haven't investigated costs or anything yet....but, if it's in this ballpark we can deal with a little draft every now and then.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1480 on: January 23, 2023, 11:02:40 AM »
My parents' house ran them something like $25K, but they had a lot of sill rot around a lot of them on the shady side of the house. It was a bunch of added work.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: January 23, 2023, 11:24:47 AM »

Welp.....looks like this window ordeal will be kicked down the road a little further. Not going to cough up this type of cash right now. I hadn't/haven't investigated costs or anything yet....but, if it's in this ballpark we can deal with a little draft every now and then.

Honestly, get that plastic seal stuff from the local hardware store.  I did that for a couple of seasons on one particular window that was drafty in our old house, and it made a world of difference.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1482 on: January 23, 2023, 11:27:28 AM »
Chad, the ones you seal with a hair dryer correct?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: January 23, 2023, 11:27:45 AM »

Honestly, get that plastic seal stuff from the local hardware store.  I did that for a couple of seasons on one particular window that was drafty in our old house, and it made a world of difference.

My father-in-law uses duct tape...  :)

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: January 23, 2023, 11:30:23 AM »
Chad, the ones you seal with a hair dryer correct?

You got it, punk.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: January 23, 2023, 11:52:42 AM »
Watch out.  I start the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow,  I'll be a bear.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: January 23, 2023, 12:06:45 PM »

Teddy bear.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: January 23, 2023, 12:16:52 PM »
I don't think so. LOL

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1488 on: January 23, 2023, 12:44:24 PM »
Watch out.  I start the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow, 

Nothing but beer?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: January 23, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »

Nothing but beer?
No beer or coffee for a long time Tim.  Caffeine and carbonation are bad for the stomach after the surgery.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1490 on: January 23, 2023, 12:59:57 PM »
When is your surgery?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1491 on: January 23, 2023, 01:03:44 PM »
You want to know what pisses me the fuck off?  DISRESPECT. My 24 year old sons girlfriend who basically does nothing all day every day essentially lives in my house and it makes me want to vomit. She's here 5 days a week. My son is in health care and works 2 overnight shifts a week, for now, and she just lays in his bed all fucking day and then is awake all night consuming food and alcohol. I have a wife and three kids in a pretty small home and having her here is not ok. She has a big home barely 5 minutes from here. My wife doesn't want to upset my son so she tolerates it. I don't understand, is it only me?  :censored >:( >:( :censored

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: January 23, 2023, 01:06:04 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1493 on: January 23, 2023, 01:06:35 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: January 23, 2023, 01:09:31 PM »
3 weeks because I don't have to lift.  If I did, it would be 6 weeks.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1495 on: January 23, 2023, 01:12:34 PM »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: January 23, 2023, 01:55:05 PM »

Are you allowed fruit?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: January 23, 2023, 02:02:28 PM »

Nothing but beer?
No beer or coffee for a long time Tim.  Caffeine and carbonation are bad for the stomach after the surgery.

No carbonation in vodka!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1498 on: January 23, 2023, 02:08:36 PM »
You want to know what pisses me the fuck off?  DISRESPECT. My 24 year old sons girlfriend who basically does nothing all day every day essentially lives in my house and it makes me want to vomit. She's here 5 days a week. My son is in health care and works 2 overnight shifts a week, for now, and she just lays in his bed all fucking day and then is awake all night consuming food and alcohol. I have a wife and three kids in a pretty small home and having her here is not ok. She has a big home barely 5 minutes from here. My wife doesn't want to upset my son so she tolerates it. I don't understand, is it only me?  :censored >:( >:( :censored

It's not just you. That just makes me think of some people I knew when I was that age. You're situation is no different than how those people were in the relationships I have seen from my cousins.  :lol

Does she even contribute any help around the house, like cleaning, doing dishes, going to get groceries, offering to cook, those sorts of things? IF I had a child, shit, If I had a significant other that didn't contribute to help around the house, especially if it's my parents house, I would've said something, and my parents would've definitely told her something, at least they would've let me know of the situation and gave me hints to say something to my partner.

IF I had a child, I would also talk to them about this situation, and maybe relate that if she's like this around the house now, will she be this way if you two were to move in together?

But the way I see it, it's your home, and if you feel she's not doing her fair share of helping around the home, you're free to kick her out. Your son may not like it, but he also should understand your situation and how it effects the entire household.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1499 on: January 23, 2023, 02:09:28 PM »

Nothing but beer?

No carbonation in vodka!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: January 23, 2023, 02:11:20 PM »
No alcohol until August.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1501 on: January 23, 2023, 02:12:26 PM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: January 23, 2023, 02:16:40 PM »

Where does someone get the balls to do that?  I mean, unless her real home is a place she can't be safe (like home abuse or something happening there) why would she even want to spend all that time in your home when your son isn't there?  Also with the drinking at night.  Doesn't seem appropriate for someone elses house and makes me wonder if something is wrong outside of your household. Also being your house, it seems some ground rules need to be laid out.  This doesn't need to upset your son for your wife.  But some common courtesy and decency for the home.

No alcohol until August.

Join the club!

Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay healthy. 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: January 23, 2023, 02:52:47 PM »

Kick the bitch out man, simple.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: January 23, 2023, 02:55:51 PM »
No alcohol until August.

Join the club!

I essentially don't drink any more.  I had a couple at the work XMas party and essentially felt really behind the 8 ball the next day if that makes sense.  I wasn't anywhere near intoxicated but just felt off the next day.  I'm just totally over it.

I think you guys will reap so many benefits and rewards from it.  May be hard for you lads but the benefits will heavily outweigh giving it up.  Better health, better clarity, possibly drop a few pounds and you'll save a shit load of money.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.