Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124573 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1435 on: January 13, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
Ugh.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1436 on: January 13, 2023, 08:59:15 PM »
Frick.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1437 on: January 13, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
Thinking about you and your family.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1438 on: January 13, 2023, 10:03:22 PM »
Fucking hell mate.  :(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1439 on: January 14, 2023, 04:47:06 AM »
Goddamit, man.  That's just fucking awful.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1440 on: January 14, 2023, 06:49:16 AM »
Damn, King. That’s awful. So sorry you, and your dad for that matter, are suffering through this. :(

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1441 on: January 14, 2023, 07:02:03 AM »
That's terrible King I'm sorry!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1442 on: January 14, 2023, 11:51:12 AM »
Well, this doesn't piss me off, but we are going through a similar thing right now. My wife's Father has dementia and has pretty much shut down. He was put on hospice care yesterday. They are essentially managing his pain until he dies.

Right after my wife went through a week of hell with her own health problems where she was laid up in bed for a full week along with 2 ER visits. Just really sucks. She lost her Mom last year and now is about to lose her Dad.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1443 on: January 14, 2023, 12:33:57 PM »
That's a lot on her plate. Just awful.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1444 on: January 16, 2023, 12:47:54 PM »
Thanks Tim. Doctor wants to talk to us Saturday. It sounds like dad will never be able to breath on his own.  This is devastating news.

It happens fast, and it blows.

Word on that.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1445 on: January 16, 2023, 01:39:00 PM »
I’m so sorry to hear about what’s going on with your dad, king.  And the added drama surely doesn’t help.  I feel for everything you’re going through.  :'(
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1446 on: January 16, 2023, 02:06:31 PM »
My thoughts are with you guys. Seeing people you love deteriorate is the worst. I am dreading going through that with my parents and in-laws, who I genuinely love. They're all getting into their 70s now and it's clear they're slowing down a little. It sucks that I'm at the busiest time of life with work and kids, but I know I need to spend as much quality time with them as possible.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1447 on: January 16, 2023, 02:25:24 PM »
I am very sorry for what you're going through, King and ProfessorPeart. That's the part I dread for when that day comes for my father. I hope that the processes go smoother than what you all have been dealing with so far.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1448 on: January 18, 2023, 03:07:48 PM »
The company I work for announced layoffs are coming soon.  Not surprising and I was told this has no impact on me.  I believe that.  But also today I was told that the company is very close to locking up a huge deal that's going to drive a ton of business... and my team has to start building this, but we don't have the man power.  I asked my boss why can't 1 or 2 of the thousands being let go join our team.  He laughed.  But seriously, who is planning this? My team desperately needs more people.   :facepalm:

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1449 on: January 18, 2023, 03:19:11 PM »
Having to go into work when I have a nice wall office and covered parking at home.  What a pain in the ass.  Well, I guess it gets me outta the house once in a while. :lol  Nothing to be pissed about really, just annoying and inconvenient. :dunno:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1450 on: January 20, 2023, 07:28:22 AM »
Getting a $200 Natural Gas bill....when historically even in the cold months the most I've paid was maybe tops $120ish? And that was tops.

Not intending to turn this into a P/R deal but this confused ass, space out puppet of a President and the agenda he's the face of can go F%ck right off. For those that'll say it's more nuanced than that....when the mean orange guy was in office my 401k was skyrocketing and my cost of living was great. With dementia man it's the totally opposite of the spectrum. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1451 on: January 20, 2023, 07:30:17 AM »
Getting a $200 Natural Gas bill....when historically even in the cold months the most I've paid was maybe tops $120ish? And that was tops.

Not intending to turn this into a P/R deal but this confused ass, space out puppet of a President and the agenda he's the face of can go F%ck right off. For those that'll say it's more nuanced than that....when the mean orange guy was in office my 401k was skyrocketing and my cost of living was great. With dementia man it's the totally opposite of the spectrum.

I paid $483 for oil 2 weeks ago, they came back yesterday and a new bill of $465.  Not even 100 gallons used each time.  Ugh.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: January 20, 2023, 07:44:12 AM »

I paid $483 for oil 2 weeks ago, they came back yesterday and a new bill of $465.  Not even 100 gallons used each time.  Ugh.

Next we could speak about how when the guy that hurt people's feelings was running things we were spending $250 a week for groceries......our trip last night was $600. Big shout out to the party that has voter harvesting down to a science....thanks y'all  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1453 on: January 20, 2023, 07:50:06 AM »
Yeah, my heating costs have gone way up this year and of course groceries.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1454 on: January 20, 2023, 07:55:16 AM »
So has my collection of egg memes.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1455 on: January 20, 2023, 07:55:40 AM »

C'mon Gary... you're smart enough to realize that it isn't your POTUS that sets global supply/demand issues around resources, or dictates global economic conditions.  Did "dementia man" have a say in the increases I'm seeing?

Did "dementia man" have a say in the increases I'm seeing?

To use a Stadler colloquialism, 'be better' than to just toss the blame to the politicians you aren't in sync with.  And the name calling ... Stadler hates that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: January 20, 2023, 07:57:36 AM »

C'mon Gary... you're smart enough to realize that it isn't your POTUS that sets global supply/demand issues around resources, or dictates global economic conditions.  Did "dementia man" have a say in the increases I'm seeing?

To use a Stadler colloquialism, 'be better' than to just toss the blame to the politicians you aren't in sync with.  And the name calling ... Stadler hates that.

I know....I'm generalizing because I'm  in a horrible mood this morning that started with the grocery bill last night then getting the notification on the gas bill price.....throw this recent IRS crap that we're facing and I've about had it with our fucking 'leadership' in this country....both (R) and (D)    Just incredibly pissed right now and it's way simpler to do.

I'll save my comments on Dementia Man.....might as well give him a free pass to stay in tune with the rest of the media.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1457 on: January 20, 2023, 08:15:29 AM »
Atta boy!  Spread the hate.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1458 on: January 20, 2023, 08:17:51 AM »
Atta boy!  Spread the hate.

:lol   I am feeling pretty Sith like this morning.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: January 20, 2023, 08:19:44 AM »
Are you at home Gary with your robe on? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1460 on: January 20, 2023, 09:31:02 AM »

Please; we're going to pound on Gary for venting and there's 1,000,000 tweets every minute about "MAGA THIS" and "MAGA THAT".  :) :) :) :)

In all seriousness, though, while the idea that the "president controls this" is nonsense, there is one element that we're seeing more and more and that is "consumer confidence". I don't JUST mean consumers like you and me, I mean the money that flows in the market.   There IS some truth to the notion that the President sets the tone.  And it's unassailable that the liberal tone is one of anti-corporatism.  I've written numerous times that the crash in 2008 was bad, but could have been less bad without the ACA (which mean a possible higher price tag for corporations), the commitment for environmental justice (which almost always means a higher price tag for corporations) and the commitment to climate change (which ALWAYS means a higher price tag for corporations).  However you slice it, "higher price tag for corporations" means two things:  one, lower profits, which means more tempered stock prices, and two, higher prices for consumers like you and me. 

Trump, for better or worse, WAS indirectly responsible for our stock prices doing so well.   The market knew that whether Trump was acting with integrity or not, he served to benefit from a higher stock market and his administration would do nothing to interfere with that.  Relaxed standards, relaxed regulations, all serve to increase future profitability, which is the single biggest decider of stock prices.  With Biden, rightly or wrongly, that certainty isn't there, and stock prices are more tempered. 

Now, whether a rising stock market is worth all that is a wholly different question. I personally would trade a more measured stock market for reduced divisiveness, myself.  We're not seeing that, so we have the worst of both worlds, but a girl can dream.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1461 on: January 20, 2023, 10:37:33 AM »

Please; we're going to pound on Gary for venting and there's 1,000,000 tweets every minute about "MAGA THIS" and "MAGA THAT".  :) :) :) :)

In all seriousness, though, while the idea that the "president controls this" is nonsense, there is one element that we're seeing more and more and that is "consumer confidence". I don't JUST mean consumers like you and me, I mean the money that flows in the market.   There IS some truth to the notion that the President sets the tone.  And it's unassailable that the liberal tone is one of anti-corporatism.  I've written numerous times that the crash in 2008 was bad, but could have been less bad without the ACA (which mean a possible higher price tag for corporations), the commitment for environmental justice (which almost always means a higher price tag for corporations) and the commitment to climate change (which ALWAYS means a higher price tag for corporations).  However you slice it, "higher price tag for corporations" means two things:  one, lower profits, which means more tempered stock prices, and two, higher prices for consumers like you and me. 

Trump, for better or worse, WAS indirectly responsible for our stock prices doing so well.   The market knew that whether Trump was acting with integrity or not, he served to benefit from a higher stock market and his administration would do nothing to interfere with that.  Relaxed standards, relaxed regulations, all serve to increase future profitability, which is the single biggest decider of stock prices.  With Biden, rightly or wrongly, that certainty isn't there, and stock prices are more tempered. 

Now, whether a rising stock market is worth all that is a wholly different question. I personally would trade a more measured stock market for reduced divisiveness, myself.  We're not seeing that, so we have the worst of both worlds, but a girl can dream.
Another knock against capitalism, honestly.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1462 on: January 20, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
I was pounding on you more than Gary.  :lol :lol

But seriously... for all the times you've railed on me, lonestar, Harmony, XE and others for our "clever quips", I didn't think it unfair in this case.  Gary's my bro, he knows I'm not pounding on him with any significant measure of sincerity.

You make some valid and reasonable points, but I would argue POTUS is but one small ingredient in the bigger recipe.  It has all the impact that a pinch of salt does in a cake.  It's not like the lemon in a lemon meringue pie.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1463 on: January 20, 2023, 11:24:50 AM »
I see you're bringing in RJ to assist.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1464 on: January 20, 2023, 11:26:47 AM »

Chef ain't no baker.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1465 on: January 20, 2023, 11:33:27 AM »
Gary, if it makes you feel any better, my natural gas and electric bills came to $554 this month combined, and my weed tents aren't even running!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: January 20, 2023, 11:35:35 AM »

Chef ain't no baker.

We know he eats them.  LOL

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1467 on: January 20, 2023, 12:15:10 PM »
Gary, if it makes you feel any better, my natural gas and electric bills came to $554 this month combined, and my weed tents aren't even running!

Son of a…….. :omg:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1468 on: January 20, 2023, 12:18:16 PM »

Son of a…….. :omg:

Mine were just under $500 (CAD mind you) last month.  Just yesterday, I signed the quote to get solar panels installed in the spring.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1469 on: January 20, 2023, 12:23:30 PM »
I was pounding on you more than Gary.  :lol :lol

But seriously... for all the times you've railed on me, lonestar, Harmony, XE and others for our "clever quips", I didn't think it unfair in this case.  Gary's my bro, he knows I'm not pounding on him with any significant measure of sincerity.

You make some valid and reasonable points, but I would argue POTUS is but one small ingredient in the bigger recipe.  It has all the impact that a pinch of salt does in a cake.  It's not like the lemon in a lemon meringue pie.

There were four smiley's for a reason.