Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124467 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #1400 on: January 11, 2023, 03:11:49 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1401 on: January 11, 2023, 03:20:47 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1402 on: January 11, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »
Let's start.

I worked a 14 1/2 hour workday. Then drove to Boston to pick up the engagement ring. I drove home and passed my old work place to show my future mother in law.

She was not there because her son was sick.  The 2 managers, who were married saw it.  The next day they told her I stopped by to show her but she wasn't there.  They told her the ring was beautiful.

As it came close to our 3 year anniversary,  my future mother in law told Lisa I had the ring. I was so fucking pissed.  Thankfully when I proposed,  I faked her out. My wife is gullible. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1403 on: January 11, 2023, 05:34:08 PM »
I can't really contribute to the MIL bitching because mine died 24 years ago.

But man there is almost nothing I hate more than my boss asking me the same damn questions over and over.  Write it the fuck down already - jeeze  ::)
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: January 12, 2023, 08:23:54 AM »
A meeting was set up to see the nurse practitioner about dad's future and the main one for this hospital is on vacation. Her back up is from the hospital a town over and was a no show.

My brother and I sat there for 2 hours waiting. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1405 on: January 12, 2023, 10:13:14 AM »
A meeting was set up to see the nurse practitioner about dad's future and the main one for this hospital is on vacation. Her back up is from the hospital a town over and was a no show.

Man, how incompetent is the hospital where they don't even know that their employer is on vacation. And then, they probably suddenly just called the backup and she didn't show up because of the short notice and was likely helping others. Unless, she was on vacation too and they didn't know either.

I'm just wondering because, why schedule a meeting if you know that person is not going to be in that day? 
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: January 12, 2023, 10:27:09 AM »
To add insult to an injury, the back up was the one who scheduled it for today.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1407 on: January 12, 2023, 10:34:07 AM »

Mutha fucka
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1408 on: January 12, 2023, 10:40:53 AM »
She finally called my brother, (Why not do that from the start) and we heard what we know.  He MS is as last stage.  He probably has been asperating for a while slightly and we just didn't notice.  So if he gets a tracheotomy, he can live in 2 homes.  If he is at stage 3, he doesn't need help with breathing and can live in an assisted home in a town 45 minutes from me.  15 minutes from my brother.  If it's stage 4 he will have to live 1 hour and 30 minutes away in Worcester, Ma.  He'll always need a feeding tube and my never each again.

No a way to live but we are hoping to talk to him about it.  This is all contingent to him clearing his chest from the mucus that he got from pneumonia and MRSA.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1409 on: January 12, 2023, 11:50:53 AM »
heartbreaking, Joe.  Sometimes there are no good options, but that's cold comfort when talking about someone you love and no doubt deserves better.  My heart is with you and your family.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1410 on: January 12, 2023, 11:52:23 AM »
Thank you Bill.  I'm having a hard time even focusing thinking of my Dad today.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: January 12, 2023, 11:54:34 AM »
Thank you Bill.  I'm having a hard time even focusing thinking of my Dad today.

I'm actually in tears here, bud, because I've been there.  I wish I could tell you it gets better, but...   :heart

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1412 on: January 12, 2023, 12:49:26 PM »

Before they'd approve me for a kidney transplant the head of the department said I needed to meet with the resident shrink. Amazingly, it was my prescription for Xanax that concerned them, rather than my pat history of drug use. Go figure. I showed up at the transplant center for my 1300 appointment, and was told he wasn't available just yet. About 1315 I hear the receptionist on the phone "he's here already. Yes. He's waiting here in the lobby. Yeah." About 1345 a car comes screeching into the parking lot. It stops right in front and the driver jumps out and walks through the door in a swift but deliberately dignified manner. Hot chick in the passenger seat walks around and drives off. Five minutes later "the doctor will see you now." This was on a Monday and the guy was clearly hungover as shit. He hadn't shaved. He was disheveled. He had no idea what his meeting with me was about. It was pretty clear that he'd spent the whole weekend shacked up and partying, and probably didn't even realize it was Monday. And this is the guy who's supposed to evaluate my behaviour for high risk factors.  :lol

He threw a MMPI at me, told me to have a nice day, and that was the last I ever heard about any of it.

Hope things turn out for the best with your old man.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1413 on: January 12, 2023, 02:47:00 PM »

Mutha fucka

Makes me think of the movie 48 Hours after Reggie and Cates fought he looks in the mirror and says "Mutha Fucka!!!"

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1414 on: January 12, 2023, 03:48:57 PM »

Mutha fucka

Makes me think of the movie 48 Hours after Reggie and Cates fought he looks in the mirror and says "Mutha Fucka!!!"

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Pretty sure he lost a toofer in that fight. Excellent move, and one helluva a good fight scene.  :tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: January 12, 2023, 03:50:15 PM »
I haven't seen that move in decades.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1416 on: January 12, 2023, 06:34:41 PM »
I hate to hear all this, Joe.  How truly awful.  :( :(

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: January 12, 2023, 06:35:57 PM »
I hate to hear all this, Joe.  How truly awful.  :( :(

Thank you Kev. My head is killing me tonight. I'll guess it's stress related.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1418 on: January 12, 2023, 08:00:33 PM »
Social media anti-vaxxers. Seems every death or medical issue these days is all because of the vaccine. Damar Hamlin - vaccine, Lisa Marie Presley - vaccine.

The only good thing is it gives me a large swath of people to block on Twitter.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: January 12, 2023, 08:02:33 PM »
No joke,  I just sent lonestar & jingle.boy a picture of local people I knew who blamed it. It's the new pandemic.

Stupidity. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1420 on: January 12, 2023, 08:56:33 PM »
I haven't seen that move in decades.

A true classic! I just saw your post, I didn't mean to make a comedy movie joke in the midst of what you're going through. I'm truly sorry you and your family are going through all of that. Its AWFUL! Sending love and strength your way.  :heart

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1421 on: January 13, 2023, 04:24:01 AM »
No worry!  I need a diversion!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1422 on: January 13, 2023, 09:03:32 AM »

Joe, I'm back online here. 

This is infuriating. It really is unacceptable. This could've been two hours that you spent with your father. There should be some way to make a complaint. I know you have more important things to tend to, but I'm pissed off just reading this.

She finally called my brother, (Why not do that from the start) and we heard what we know.  He MS is as last stage.  He probably has been asperating for a while slightly and we just didn't notice.  So if he gets a tracheotomy, he can live in 2 homes.  If he is at stage 3, he doesn't need help with breathing and can live in an assisted home in a town 45 minutes from me.  15 minutes from my brother.  If it's stage 4 he will have to live 1 hour and 30 minutes away in Worcester, Ma.  He'll always need a feeding tube and my never each again.

No a way to live but we are hoping to talk to him about it.  This is all contingent to him clearing his chest from the mucus that he got from pneumonia and MRSA.

That's brutal Joe. I really feel for you in this difficult time.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1423 on: January 13, 2023, 10:03:17 AM »
Thanks Tim. Doctor wants to talk to us Saturday. It sounds like dad will never be able to breath on his own.  This is devastating news.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1424 on: January 13, 2023, 10:07:33 AM »
Thanks Tim. Doctor wants to talk to us Saturday. It sounds like dad will never be able to breath on his own.  This is devastating news.
That sucks. Very sorry to hear that.
E.F. Benson

Online faizoff

« Reply #1425 on: January 13, 2023, 10:11:44 AM »

Very sorry to hear this, hope he's not in much pain.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1426 on: January 13, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »

It happens fast, and it blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: January 13, 2023, 10:27:44 AM »
Thanks guys.  A month and 1/2 ago I took him out for seafood for lunch.  I'm dreading Saturday.  I even have to go to church for a celebration of life for my cousin's wife who passed away from brain cancer.  Her broth was Gary Hoey.  Going to be a tough day for sure.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: January 13, 2023, 12:06:25 PM »

Devastating indeed.  Sorry for you and your father.  I can't imagine how tough this is going to be.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1429 on: January 13, 2023, 12:44:47 PM »
So sorry Joe...all my love to all of you. You know where I am if you need anything.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1430 on: January 13, 2023, 12:46:18 PM »
 :heart :heart :heart

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1431 on: January 13, 2023, 12:51:32 PM »
Love you buddy, sorry you're having to go through this.

As someone who has worked in nursing homes and with elderly people in bad shape, I can say for sure that I'm glad he's got a son like you being there with him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1432 on: January 13, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
Thoughts and love to you Joe.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1433 on: January 13, 2023, 02:30:38 PM »
That's a tough scenario for you and your family Joe.....very sorry to hear this  :'(
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1434 on: January 13, 2023, 05:35:54 PM »
It's worse. My dad will not get stronger, will never be able to eat or drink again. Probably never talk again as well.  It's no way to live.

We will try to talk to him the beginning of next week and see if he can understand us.